George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award

5 posters

Go down

Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award Empty Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award

Post by silly girl Sun 10 Feb 2013, 08:09

Another win for Argo:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

'Argo' Wins Scripter Award

"Argo" was named the best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award, winning an award that was shared by screenwriter Chris Terrio and authors Joshua Bearman and Antonio J. Mendez.

The Scripters, which were handed out at a black-tie ceremony and dinner in the Edward L. Doheny Memorial Library at USC on Saturday night, go to both the writer of an adapted screenplay and to the author or authors of the work on which the screenplay is based.

"Argo" screenwriter Chris Terrio was honored alongside Joshuah Bearman, who wrote the original Wired magazine article on which the film was partially based, and Antonio Mendez, the former CIA agent whose memoir "Master of Disguise" was adapted and who Affleck played in the film.

"Argo" was selected over "Lincoln," "Silver Linings Playbook," "Life of Pi," "Beasts of the Southern Wild" and "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by a jury of film critics, authors, screenwriters and academics chaired by Naomi Foner and Howard Rodman.

The committee also included Michael Chabon, Geoffrey Fletcher, Nick Hornby, Robin Swicord, Kenneth Turan and Gale Anne Hurd.

All of the nominees except "Perks" are also in the running for the adapted-screenplay Oscar, where the race appears to be tight between "Argo," "Lincoln" and "Silver Linings."

But with "Argo" adding yet another victory to a string that also includes the Producers Guild, Directors Guild and Screen Actors Guild ensemble awards, Ben Affleck's drama is looking like an unstoppable awards juggernaut.

The award was accepted by Bearman, the only one of the three "Argo" winners to attend. "As a journalist, I'm totally behind this idea," he said of the Scripter philosophy of honoring the authors of the original material. "I think it's great."

With the BAFTA Awards taking place in London on Sunday and fierce storms wreaking havoc with travel on the East Coast, almost none of the nominees were present at the ceremony, which was hosted by the Dean of the USC Libraries, Catherine Quinlan.

Also at the ceremony, which USC uses as an annual fundraiser for the libraries, "Brokeback Mountain" screenwriters Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana received the Literary Achievement Award.

Past Scripter winners include Oscar champs "The Descendants," "The Social Network," "Slumdog Millionaire" and "No Country for Old Men," as well as "Up in the Air," "Capote" and "Children of Men."

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award Empty Re: Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award

Post by it's me Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:15

Past Scripter winners include Oscar champs "The Descendants," "The Social Network," "Slumdog Millionaire" and "No Country for Old Men," as well as "Up in the Air," "Capote" and "Children of Men."

WOW
he worked on 3 of them!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award Empty Re: Argo wins best book-to-screen adaptation of 2012 at the USC Libraries Scripter Award

Post by Katiedot Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:35

Yup. George knows how to surround himself with good people and I think it shows in the work he does.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:39

Thumbs up! bravo G Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 10 Feb 2013, 12:56

Just goes to show what kind of man George is, he had to know this was going to be a good one. A lesser person would have kept it for themself. He has a very generous heart.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 10 Feb 2013, 13:12

Great news...it never ends.
Hope it goes well at the BAFTAS too.
Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down