» Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sun Nov 27 2016, 03:58 by ladybugcngc

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Fahion Police

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fahion Police

Post by LornaDoone on Tue Jan 29 2013, 03:29

For those from other countries where this may not show...

Fashion Police is a television show that regularly critiques the fashion worn by celebrities.

It is hosted by Joan Rivers and included on the panel of critics are Kelly Osbourne, Giuliana Rancic (who routinely gushes about George) and some one guy George Kotsiopoulas (who used to be a fashion associate at the New York Times).

Anyhoo, they were discussing the SAG Awards Fashion and although they usually spend their time on the women they singled out two men. One for worst dressed and one for best dressed.

Justin Timerlake got nothing but negative comments about his Tom Ford suit.

http://wpc.4d27.edgecastcdn.net/004D27/2013/Whiteboard/JustinTimberlakeTomFordSAGAwards/Justin+Timberlake+Tom+Ford+SAG+Awards+1.jpg

Whereas Bradley Cooper got nothing but raves for HIS Tom Ford Tuxedo.

http://glamazondiaries.com/2013/01/bradley-cooper-in-tom-ford-at-2013-screen-actors-guild-awards/

Here are the two of them side by side in a poll. (and if anyone can actually post the pictures feel free)

http://popstyle.ew.com/2013/01/28/tom-ford-fashion-face-off-justin-timberlake-vs-bradley-cooper-poll/

So I thought Bradley looked hot.

The folks on the show did a round where they picked a person and used five words to describe them.

For Justin Kelly Osbourne asked to use six words and Joan said okay and Kelly said: "What the Fuck Were You Thinking?!"

Giuliana. who always falls over George on the red carpet, said about Bradley Cooper: "New hall pass, Clooney Who?"

Oh my! et tu Giuliana??? Brahahahaha

But the best was Joan's comment about Bradley.

Giuliana said to Joan, "Don't you think Bradley is cute? Would you, would you...?"

And Joan said, "Ah! If I were thirty years younger?!!! I'd be sitting here the next morning on a tube! That's what I'd be sitting on!"

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Re: Fahion Police

Post by silly girl on Tue Jan 29 2013, 03:43

I saw that. I couldn't believe she is over GC just like that. BC but he is too boyish for me. Very funny. So did you catch that they didn't bleep Joan when she dropped the f-bomb?

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Tue Jan 29 2013, 04:04

I missed that. I turned it on around the middle. Did it happen at the beginning of the show?

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Tue Jan 29 2013, 04:28

I love Fashion Police. Don't always agree with their choices but it's one of the few shows where people are genuinely funny and haven't gone all lovey-dovey in order to keep celebs happy.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Tue Jan 29 2013, 04:33

You can always count on Joan Rivers to spice the show up with her often outrageous and funny comments.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by fava on Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:12

Katiedot wrote:I love Fashion Police. Don't always agree with their choices but it's one of the few shows where people are genuinely funny and haven't gone all lovey-dovey in order to keep celebs happy.

Does anyone like Kathy Griffin? She is another one who is willing to skewer anyone (including those most comics won't--like Oprah) to be funny.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl on Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:19

LornaDoone it was around the mid way part. I watch TV while surfing the net and I wasn't really paying attention....I did a double take. Then I went over to Twitter to see if anyone mentioned it and I saw that it mishear on my part. Gotta love twitter....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway on Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:54

It is Cable Joan can get away with the bleeps.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti on Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:59

I enjoyed Fashion Police ,always good laughs . Kathy Griffin was on Craig Ferguson last night she is so funny and she is good with Ferguson.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category on Tue Jan 29 2013, 15:32

Is this a show, where one has a face that doesn´t move anymore (so injected), second is anorectic and third sends such a negative message to children... If you're not attractive, you have to dress like a freak? Maybe color your hair purple? affraid

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl on Tue Jan 29 2013, 19:29

Well at least she acknowledged it:

WATCH: Joan Rivers Drops Uncensored F-Bomb on Fashion Police
Fashion Police Joan Rivers
2:03 pm, January 29th, 2013

(GettyImages.com)

Oops!

Joan Rivers let fly with an F-bomb on Monday’s episode of “Fashion Police,” and for some reason, E! failed to censor the swear.

VIDEO BELOW

The raucous TV personality was comparing Claire Danes’ partially checkered SAG Awards dress to a slot machine, quipping, “Yeah, but unlike a slot machine, Claire wins every f**king time.”

Rivers tweeted on Tuesday, “Somehow, the word ‘f**king’ slipped through on @e_FashionPolice. It shouldn’t have happened, but whoopee! That’s how the joke was written.”

http://www.gossipcop.com/joan-rivers-f-bomb-fashion-police-video-fucking-uncensored-swearing-cursing-claire-danes/

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Tue Jan 29 2013, 20:04

Joan Rivers is outrageous - during a commercial for her upcoming show she held up an oyster and compared it to Betty White's vagina.

She's kind of a female version of Howard Stern. LOL

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu on Tue Jan 29 2013, 21:19

i love fashion police and like Kelly Osborne but what's with the hair - weird

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Wed Jan 30 2013, 05:15

silly girl wrote:LornaDoone it was around the mid way part. I watch TV while surfing the net and I wasn't really paying attention....I did a double take. Then I went over to Twitter to see if anyone mentioned it and I saw that it mishear on my part. Gotta love twitter....

No didn't hear it but someone posted Joan's acknowledgement that it happened!

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 on Wed Jan 30 2013, 17:10

Though I do watch the show to get to see all the gowns (love clothes), it is a very negative show in every way. Every "last word" that comes out of Joan's mouth about any celeb's attire is always something derogatory about that person or someone else. It's probably the most unhealthy show - can't believe someone like Giuliana who's had her own tribulations and recent challenges in life, would consider it a dream job and enjoy participating in all that. One can argue that it's just comedy/fashion, but I don't think the celebs are laughing (though I admit to chuckling sometimes albeit guiltily). Lady Gaga made some good points in her open letter to Kelly Osbourne, though I still didn't think she was on the right in that feud and sympathised with Kelly.

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Thu Jan 31 2013, 04:39

I only watch after some of the awards shows but Joan does get abusive at time - but she's so outrageous I find myself guiltily laughing at some of the things she says.

But that's really Joan - she's been abusing people for decades and often had one celebrity or another or more angry with her at one time or another.

She's so old she doesn't really care. She's like the female Don Rickles only often nastier.

I don't like Kathy Griffin. Just really find her annoying so I don't follow her or her appearances so really don't have much else to say about her.

I'm looking forward to the Oscars to see what fashions they come up with - because I do agree with some of the comments they made about for instance Julianne Moore - her dress really did not fit her and I think it may have been a last minute pick with no time to get it fitted correctly. I do hope she gets a better dress for the Oscars.

From the Golden Globes I definitely disagreed with Joan about Lucy Liu's dress. I absolutely loved that dress (which Joan hated). It was the floral dress with the wide skirt. (Sorry not good at posting pictures - will have to figure that out soon).

So to each his own we all have different tastes in clothes and thank gad for that cause otherwise it would be really boring on the red carpet!

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 on Thu Jan 31 2013, 12:05

Wht the guys wear on the red carpet never figures much with me, i can rarely tell why they choose any particular male celeb as best-dressed, as long as they're dresssed formal, wouldn't the best dressed always be the one in the trimmest form.
There were plenty of gowns from Golden Globes and SAG that I like. Liked Nicole Kidman at both (but then i always love whatever she wears, partly because of her clotheshorse figure. I actually liked Julianne Moore's dress, it was so endearing with those printed black flowers, was surprised Giuliana said it was too low-cut (huh?), anyway Julianne always looks good. Anne Hathaway also carries every gown well. Julianna Margulies really brought it at both events this year. Have to say i was surprised by Lucy Liu's GG gown, it was so out of character...agree with Joan, to me it would have made a great curtain or tablecloth.

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof on Thu Jan 31 2013, 19:28

I loved Marion Cotilliard's dress on her. Really liked Julianne moore's dress except I thought the top was too big for her. Her "girls" kind of hung out there more than they usually do. I love Julianna--The Good Wife is a favorite of mine-- so i'm a bit prejudiced thought she looked lovely.

OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:29

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum