Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Best in Category on Fri Jan 18 2013, 08:48

phys major wrote:Suebee who really cares about Sk she is just a one night stand in Georges eyes...remember the barney song!!!

Very funny, someone should kick Georges arse and put the year calendar 2013 in his hands.

I would understand if there was a weekend to remember, the details of which are to remain forever sealed to him, mostly because he was too drunk. But two years! How do you explain that?

He is really setting a new framework for one night stand, is he?

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Anders on Fri Jan 18 2013, 09:48

No, I mentioned American society in my initial post. Apparently you are so busy listening to yourself talk that you do not read what others are saying. And that goes for the second, third and fourth points as well since I have not called Stacy Keibler a bimbo as you do and have merely called for accountability for her actions and people are responsible for their actions whether you want to deny that responsibility or not. The other point I mentioned several times now is invoking feminism on behalf of those who have been detrimental toward it.

But you go on having a conversation with yourself and putting quotes around things no one ever said.

I came here because your tweets come up in Google searches indicating that you want people to come to this forum but apparently you only want to hear yourself talk -- so please take me off your automatic e-mail responder for responses to this thread. Thanks.

Anders
Shy poster

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Fri Jan 18 2013, 09:51

as much time they spend together...most of it drunk...I'm sticking with one night stand..also most drunks can't get it up, or if they can it doesn't stay sprung!!!! I know from experience..I very rarely am able to get an erection while I'm drunk...but then again I don't have a penis which could be my dilemma!!!



Last edited by phys major on Fri Jan 18 2013, 14:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my phone....)

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Fri Jan 18 2013, 10:06

It is sad anders isn't allowed to have an opinion without being ripped apart...I am 100% in agreement with you anders and have enjoyed your post..unfortunatly this really isn't a forum where you can voice your real opinion..I mean without being attacked..

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by annemarie on Fri Jan 18 2013, 10:12

Wrestling is liked and watched all over America not just in the south. Stacy chose this as her job and she obviously enjoyed her time doing it . This is what you are supposed to do a job you enjoy life is too damn short to be miserable. As for feminism where I stand women should do whatever they like as long as they are happy.
None of us know how much time they spend together and I certainly don't believe they are always drunk. They are content together may it last as long as they are happy.

annemarie
Clooney Purist

Posts : 4022
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Katiedot on Fri Jan 18 2013, 10:31

phys major wrote:It is sad anders isn't allowed to have an opinion without being ripped apart...I am 100% in agreement with you anders and have enjoyed your post..unfortunatly this really isn't a forum where you can voice your real opinion..I mean without being attacked..
I'm really sorry that people aren't allowed to disagree with others in this forum. I didn't realise that was a new rule.

As for being attacked, remind me again who called who a 'fucking nuthouse' where 'bullshit reigns supreme'?

@Anders: you need to unsubsribe yourself from this thread. It's in your profile which I can't access unless you want to PM me your password and have me log in under your name and do it for you.

There are instructions for how to do this here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Joanna on Fri Jan 18 2013, 12:02

Wow....I wonder how George is today in cold Europe ?

Is anyone worried about him ? LOL

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Best in Category on Fri Jan 18 2013, 13:03

phys major wrote:as much time they spend together...most of it drunk...I'm sticking with one night stand..also most drunks can't get it up, or if they can it doesn't stay sprung!!!! I know from experience..I very rarely am able to get an erection while I'm drunk...but then again I don't have a penis which could be my delema...


Hah hahaa, But there was a will, and that counts.

Up or down doesn´t bother frigid me! Very Happy

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1080
Join date : 2012-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by fava on Fri Jan 18 2013, 13:03

I feel sorry that folks here feel having someone argue a different point of view constitutes attacking. There is nothing wrong with debate. There is nothing wrong with prompting someone to further defend their point of view as long as it's done in a respectful way. I know it makes me take a second look at my own opinions and examine why I have them. I thought Anders points were interesting and worthy of discussion and I don't believe she was attacked or ripped apart. There does get to be a point of agreeing to disagree, but surely there is room for some reasonable discussion?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1041
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Fri Jan 18 2013, 13:19

Good for you fava...I myself have a different point of view...some of you women are like pit bulls...once you take a bite you can't release...









phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Joanna on Fri Jan 18 2013, 13:25

Humph.....Well.... I'm upset now 'cos no one is worried about
our George in the cold cold weather. lol! lol! lol!

We've got 6 inches here in UK..... oopsie

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Joanna on Fri Jan 18 2013, 13:31

Weather for Berlin, Germany
-3°C | °F Fri Sat Sun Mon

Mostly Cloudy
Wind: NE at 7 mph
Humidity: 80% -2° -8° -6° -8° -4° -8° -2° -6°

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Fri Jan 18 2013, 13:33

Well here is how I fell about that ...tinkerbell ran up to pinocchio sat on his nose and said tell a lie PLEASE.....

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Fri Jan 18 2013, 13:45

I love love love snow....for a few week...I love winter sports!!!!! Don't worry Joanna I'm sure someone knitted him a penis cover before he left...maybe on the plane, someone so kindly did it for him!!!!


Last edited by phys major on Fri Jan 18 2013, 14:05; edited 1 time in total

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Joanna on Fri Jan 18 2013, 13:48

You a wicked woman phys....but I love you....He he he

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Fri Jan 18 2013, 14:15

cheers Sadly in reality I'm more like this Reading



Oh damn if I was Pinocchio tinkerbell would be having a blast!!!!!!






















phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Lighterside on Fri Jan 18 2013, 15:17

Katie said:
My point is that using the fact that someone in the past has been a wrestler [or posed for nude pictures, or possibly been an escort, or possibly a drug user] doesn't give everyone the right to treat them as some sort of lesser human being.

I believe the argument of "She's an ex-wrestler so I'm going to be as bitchy about her as I want" isn't an argument that any feminist would support.

As I said, aim your attack where it belongs: get wrestling stopped, get rid of the many, many things that make women's life in society worse and you'd change the world for the better, I really believe that.

Much as I really dislike this expression because it's been appropriated by those whose ideas I don't share, but 'love the sinner, hate the sin' is pretty much what I'm saying.

Stacy Keibler is not the cause of domestic violence (in the US or elsewhere). She's not even the cause of female wrestling which would still exist whether or not she had joined them. Attacking her may make you feel better but it does nothing to change this world and the things that are wrong with it.

As a "feminazi" and very "active" political activist, I campaigned hard AGAINST Linda McMahon, phonebanking BOTH times she ran for office. I actually couldn't believe she tried it the second time....obviously she's a slow learner! She and Stacy and others like them are the "symptom" of what's wrong with the attitude towards women in this country, NOT the "cause". Should Linda McMahon be in a position of power, making decisions that affect other women, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Yes, they both were taking part and making money from an industry which objectifies women and as women, they should be held accountable for their actions. But they are both also "victims" of this misogynist society and were probably brought up to think that whatever you do to get ahead, even using your body is A-okay.

But as you can see highlighted in Katie's comments....THIS is where I draw the line in bashing other women.

NOT ONE of us can throw a stone in either Stacy's or Linda's direction, unless we can say we have NEVER done anything we were ashamed of and would be "sorry" for in the long run. Those without "sin" cast the first stone...I dare you! It will probably be a lie if you do. Remember there is One who knows ALL of your actions and I seriously doubt everyone who frequents here is "blameless" in their own lives.

And in the event that someone is so full of themselves that they fancy themselves "blameless" in all areas of their life, that does NOT give you license to tear apart another human being because you find them distasteful...for THAT is also "sinful" if we're going to go there. Every word that's uttered "negatively" comes under the Fifth Commandment if you want to start getting all "religious right wing" on us!

"Thou Shalt Not Kill"...ask your own confessor and he/she will tell you that one step away from "murder" is "character assassination" or "ruining the reputation of another" whether the gossip your spreading is the truth or lies DOESN'T MATTER you are "sitting in judgment" against a fellow human being and since NONE of us are God...it's NOT okay! And it's not okay to "bash" someone when you get right down to it! Same thing...go ahead and ask a priest next time you feel so compelled to examine your own life as closely as you seem to examine George's girlfriends past.

Gossip is almost as bad and can cause almost as much harm to another human being as murder does. In fact, sometimes it's far worse because the pain, suffering and the harm done can be experienced for the person's entire life thereafter and doesn't end with one action, like murder does.

It's never okay to talk about another human being like they are garbage because God/The Universe/Higher Power (whatever you believe in) doesn't make garbage and by virtue of being human demands a certain concern for their welfare.

Do people make serious errors in judgment, of course they do. Should they be shunned and hated, NO! You can hate what someone has done but you should be concerned for their future and address how to curtail the behavior...not sit in judgment like some santimonious hypocrit, doing nothing constructive with your words but getting some kind of sick pleasure "bashing" the faults and shortcomings of another human.

Not very "christian" behavior in my opinion.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by pattygirl on Fri Jan 18 2013, 16:18

Play nice in the sandbox, girls! Be careful though, because all the kitty and dog sh*t can get pretty messy. How about we all get together and clean it up.

Then we can get back to topics at hand. How about we begin a new thread devoted to either arguments, debates or feminism.
Razz

pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : Staten Island, NY

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by amaretti on Fri Jan 18 2013, 16:36

Nice avatar Pattygirl. Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2275
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Lighterside on Fri Jan 18 2013, 17:14

LOL pattygirl...as usual I came late to this particular party and had something I wanted to say but where should we be discussing the issue of "gossip" and where you're crossing the line and it's harm to others, if NOT in the "scurrilous gossip" thread? Question

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by LornaDoone on Fri Jan 18 2013, 22:25

Lighterside wrote:Katie said:
My point is that using the fact that someone in the past has been a wrestler [or posed for nude pictures, or possibly been an escort, or possibly a drug user] doesn't give everyone the right to treat them as some sort of lesser human being.

I believe the argument of "She's an ex-wrestler so I'm going to be as bitchy about her as I want" isn't an argument that any feminist would support.

As I said, aim your attack where it belongs: get wrestling stopped, get rid of the many, many things that make women's life in society worse and you'd change the world for the better, I really believe that.

Much as I really dislike this expression because it's been appropriated by those whose ideas I don't share, but 'love the sinner, hate the sin' is pretty much what I'm saying.

Stacy Keibler is not the cause of domestic violence (in the US or elsewhere). She's not even the cause of female wrestling which would still exist whether or not she had joined them. Attacking her may make you feel better but it does nothing to change this world and the things that are wrong with it.

As a "feminazi" and very "active" political activist, I campaigned hard AGAINST Linda McMahon, phonebanking BOTH times she ran for office. I actually couldn't believe she tried it the second time....obviously she's a slow learner! She and Stacy and others like them are the "symptom" of what's wrong with the attitude towards women in this country, NOT the "cause". Should Linda McMahon be in a position of power, making decisions that affect other women, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Yes, they both were taking part and making money from an industry which objectifies women and as women, they should be held accountable for their actions. But they are both also "victims" of this misogynist society and were probably brought up to think that whatever you do to get ahead, even using your body is A-okay.

But as you can see highlighted in Katie's comments....THIS is where I draw the line in bashing other women.

NOT ONE of us can throw a stone in either Stacy's or Linda's direction, unless we can say we have NEVER done anything we were ashamed of and would be "sorry" for in the long run. Those without "sin" cast the first stone...I dare you! It will probably be a lie if you do. Remember there is One who knows ALL of your actions and I seriously doubt everyone who frequents here is "blameless" in their own lives.

And in the event that someone is so full of themselves that they fancy themselves "blameless" in all areas of their life, that does NOT give you license to tear apart another human being because you find them distasteful...for THAT is also "sinful" if we're going to go there. Every word that's uttered "negatively" comes under the Fifth Commandment if you want to start getting all "religious right wing" on us!

"Thou Shalt Not Kill"...ask your own confessor and he/she will tell you that one step away from "murder" is "character assassination" or "ruining the reputation of another" whether the gossip your spreading is the truth or lies DOESN'T MATTER you are "sitting in judgment" against a fellow human being and since NONE of us are God...it's NOT okay! And it's not okay to "bash" someone when you get right down to it! Same thing...go ahead and ask a priest next time you feel so compelled to examine your own life as closely as you seem to examine George's girlfriends past.

Gossip is almost as bad and can cause almost as much harm to another human being as murder does. In fact, sometimes it's far worse because the pain, suffering and the harm done can be experienced for the person's entire life thereafter and doesn't end with one action, like murder does.

It's never okay to talk about another human being like they are garbage because God/The Universe/Higher Power (whatever you believe in) doesn't make garbage and by virtue of being human demands a certain concern for their welfare.

Do people make serious errors in judgment, of course they do. Should they be shunned and hated, NO! You can hate what someone has done but you should be concerned for their future and address how to curtail the behavior...not sit in judgment like some santimonious hypocrit, doing nothing constructive with your words but getting some kind of sick pleasure "bashing" the faults and shortcomings of another human.

Not very "christian" behavior in my opinion.



I don't think anyone here is claiming to be without "sin". Hell I made mistakes when I was in my 20's but I learned quickly and have continue to learn from them and strive to never make them again.

My issue with gals like Stacy is not that they made mistakes in the past - it's that they CONTINUE to make the same type of mistakes. Because in my eyes, whether she's using her body in wrestling to get ahead or promoting herself by taking and posting just short of porn pictures to fucking George to get ahead -- it's the same thing.

But katiedot makes a point that I really never considered. When I said I wonder if she even knows what she wants to be when she grows up - I guess it does show a bias on my part. You see, I keep thinking that her actions and decisions would have changed as she matured, but maybe that's all she wants out of life and my judgement of her is based on knowing that I could never live a life like that.

I still have issue with George for also continuing to pick these type of gals. Again, in relation to him expecting me to give his humanitarian work the respect HE craves. Not that it changes the need - the people of South Sudan are fucked - no matter whether George is involved or not.

But his choices do color my perception of him and why I should listen to what HE says when he can't seem to get his own life together. His continual shenanigans with these revolving door type of women is what irks me. I'd want to tell George, "Hey, don't tell me to give a crap about what YOU think is important when it seems to me that you don't give a crap about your own credibility!" Walk the walk - not just talk the talk!

His girlfriends and what they wear (or aren't wearing depending on what pictures you come across on the internet) are what get all the press and attention and not the need he's says he's trying to address.

I think if he settled his ass down and picked someone who wasn't such a lightening rod that sparks so much negativity or ridicule or derision - depending on which site you hit on -- then maybe he'd have more credibility. That old saying applies - tell me who your friends are and it will tell me who YOU are.

As to the gossip comments - well see now - how you get around that is not to visit sites like this cause that's what they are all about. People talking about other people. See my feeling is this - if you see two people standing at their back yard fences gossiping, and if gossip bothers you then don't walk over to the fence. But walking over to the fence and giving the gossipers a lecture will most likely just get you a smack down - at least that's been my experience. But if you want to walk over to the fence and give a different opinion of the gossip that's ok - just don't expect anyone else to necessarily agree with you. JMO

LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Anders on Fri Jan 18 2013, 22:48

Lighterside wrote:Katie said:
My point is that using the fact that someone in the past has been a wrestler [or posed for nude pictures, or possibly been an escort, or possibly a drug user] doesn't give everyone the right to treat them as some sort of lesser human being.

I believe the argument of "She's an ex-wrestler so I'm going to be as bitchy about her as I want" isn't an argument that any feminist would support.

As I said, aim your attack where it belongs: get wrestling stopped, get rid of the many, many things that make women's life in society worse and you'd change the world for the better, I really believe that.

Much as I really dislike this expression because it's been appropriated by those whose ideas I don't share, but 'love the sinner, hate the sin' is pretty much what I'm saying.

Stacy Keibler is not the cause of domestic violence (in the US or elsewhere). She's not even the cause of female wrestling which would still exist whether or not she had joined them. Attacking her may make you feel better but it does nothing to change this world and the things that are wrong with it.

As a "feminazi" and very "active" political activist, I campaigned hard AGAINST Linda McMahon, phonebanking BOTH times she ran for office. I actually couldn't believe she tried it the second time....obviously she's a slow learner! She and Stacy and others like them are the "symptom" of what's wrong with the attitude towards women in this country, NOT the "cause". Should Linda McMahon be in a position of power, making decisions that affect other women, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Yes, they both were taking part and making money from an industry which objectifies women and as women, they should be held accountable for their actions. But they are both also "victims" of this misogynist society and were probably brought up to think that whatever you do to get ahead, even using your body is A-okay.

But as you can see highlighted in Katie's comments....THIS is where I draw the line in bashing other women.

NOT ONE of us can throw a stone in either Stacy's or Linda's direction, unless we can say we have NEVER done anything we were ashamed of and would be "sorry" for in the long run. Those without "sin" cast the first stone...I dare you! It will probably be a lie if you do. Remember there is One who knows ALL of your actions and I seriously doubt everyone who frequents here is "blameless" in their own lives.

And in the event that someone is so full of themselves that they fancy themselves "blameless" in all areas of their life, that does NOT give you license to tear apart another human being because you find them distasteful...for THAT is also "sinful" if we're going to go there. Every word that's uttered "negatively" comes under the Fifth Commandment if you want to start getting all "religious right wing" on us!

"Thou Shalt Not Kill"...ask your own confessor and he/she will tell you that one step away from "murder" is "character assassination" or "ruining the reputation of another" whether the gossip your spreading is the truth or lies DOESN'T MATTER you are "sitting in judgment" against a fellow human being and since NONE of us are God...it's NOT okay! And it's not okay to "bash" someone when you get right down to it! Same thing...go ahead and ask a priest next time you feel so compelled to examine your own life as closely as you seem to examine George's girlfriends past.

Gossip is almost as bad and can cause almost as much harm to another human being as murder does. In fact, sometimes it's far worse because the pain, suffering and the harm done can be experienced for the person's entire life thereafter and doesn't end with one action, like murder does.

It's never okay to talk about another human being like they are garbage because God/The Universe/Higher Power (whatever you believe in) doesn't make garbage and by virtue of being human demands a certain concern for their welfare.

Do people make serious errors in judgment, of course they do. Should they be shunned and hated, NO! You can hate what someone has done but you should be concerned for their future and address how to curtail the behavior...not sit in judgment like some santimonious hypocrit, doing nothing constructive with your words but getting some kind of sick pleasure "bashing" the faults and shortcomings of another human.

Not very "christian" behavior in my opinion.

Great that you campaigned against Linda McMahon because she deserves to be held accountable for her role in contributing to something that has harmed women in American society. As does Stacy Keibler -- since responsibility for harming society is not limited to those running for public office.

And, no, I do not believe that either of those women in this scenario are victims – since this is the 21st Century, not the 18th Century. Stacy Keibler left college to engage in wrestling, for example, rather than getting widely available student loans if money was an obstacle in the way of making empowered choices that benefit society rather than harm it.

I also believe it is crucial -- in order to have a society that continues to move forward -- that we seek accountability when it comes to actions that have a harmful impact upon it.

And, no, calling for accountability is not hating someone or shunning them or being UnChristian -- and, as a matter of fact, many people are not Christian purely by choice -- but this is a bottom line accountability issue,

And I have to say that I certainly don’t see how one demonstrates an aversion to judgment by decrying it in one breath and then going on a lengthy judgment rampage the next.

I also don’t see how it is perfectly ok for you to seemingly quite personally deride Stacy Keibler and gossip about her – as you have done as Lighterside on these Clooney forums (pretty recently on another one I believe -- although I apologize if there are two Lightersides) – but she cannot merely be held accountable for her actions that have harmed society without any of that. I feel this is far more significant than any of that and am treating it as such.

And I’m sure you will be back in full attack mode toward me ASAP, Sister, but I have a lot of work on my plate right now so hopefully someone else like Phys Major or LornaDoone -- both of whom also seem to agree with the concept of accountability when it comes to harmful actions toward society -- will step in and pinch hit for me on the next one because I'm officially unsubscribing with Katie's instructions. Thanks.

And, Lorna, I'm of Stacy Keibler's generation and you should take heart that there are plenty of people of that generation that strive toward giving back to society and work hard at that every day. Take Care. Smile

Anders
Shy poster

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Cynisca on Fri Jan 18 2013, 23:07

Great posts, Anders & Lorna Doone.

Stacey aspires to now make the transition to respectable TV presenter of Project Runway (or whatever family prime time show Weinstein is producing.). June Cleaver meets Jackie O sophistication. Laughing
Fine, if someone wants to reinvent their image but unfortunaltely there is an abundance of over one decade of sordid & violent imagery on the internet, that it's impossible to escape.

No one will take her seriously. They'll all be drawn back to what should be censored, should anyone seek background information.

She was never a professional athlete nor a respectable entertainer, nor model.

Perhaps ratings will be low. Curiousity may draw some to the show initially. If they mute her voice, some may endure it longer. lol!
Overall, she's one unappealing package.

But George Clooney polluted our visuals & consciousness by promoting her to his global audience.
Ah... the power of love. Drink


Last edited by Cynisca on Fri Jan 18 2013, 23:23; edited 1 time in total

Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Posts : 112
Join date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Fri Jan 18 2013, 23:15

The victim thing pissed me off too.. A women who is raped is a victim,someone who is abused is a victim..SK no way, remember she was an honor roll student (she knew exactly what she was getting herself into)....Continues to use George as a tool to further her career, like so many others...I have many people I know of SKs generation and I can tell you without a doubt not one of them would succumb to the self defacing actions SK seems to think is acceptable...(by her actions)...Regardless of how any of you perceive this, Sk chose to put herself in the position of being judged...Not one of you here can stop it...Personally I am glad my children and there friends chose to educate themselves and have become a very integral part of society...Yea that's right my kids and there friends are the bomb!!!! There mom might be a bit off...but in my family it skips a generation!!!

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Fri Jan 18 2013, 23:20

Cynisca wrote:Great posts, Anders & Lorna Doone.

Stacey aspires to now make the transition to respectable TV presenter of Project Runway (or whatever family prime time show Weinstein is producing.). June Cleaver meets Jackie O sophistication. Laughing
Fine, if someone wants to reinvent their image but unfortunaltely there is an abundance of over one decade of sordid & violent imagery on the internet, that it's impossible to escape.

No one will take her seriously. They'll all be drawn back to what should be censored, should anyone seek background information.

She was never a professional athlete nor a respectable entertainer, nor model.

Perhaps ratings will be low. Curiousity may draw some to the show initially. If they mute her voice, some may edure it longer. lol!
Overall, she's one unappealing package.

But George Clooney polluted our visuals & consciousness by promoting her to his global audience.
Ah... the power of love. Drink

It might be more understandable if it was Love...

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Fri Jan 18 2013, 23:22

And for Gods sake Anders don't let people bully you out of here!!!!

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by OofOof on Sat Jan 19 2013, 02:24

I did not bully anyone. I simply stated my opinion and I did not do it rudely. Infact I pointed out I agreed with Anders on several major points. I then told her politely where we disagreed. Thats how a discussion works. People express their views.. frankly this was not ever apparently meant to be a conversation by Anders but instead a lecture..

. I'm a bit older than Anders if she is Stacys age and, like Lighter, I have been politically involved most of my life. I've worked to get female representation both in my state leg and on the fed'l level. I wonder how Anders can hope to promote a more feminist friendly atmosphere in this country when she behaves, quite frankly, like a child.

OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1820
Join date : 2012-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Sat Jan 19 2013, 02:26

I wasn't talking about u oof..

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Katiedot on Sat Jan 19 2013, 04:17

Cynisca wrote: Stacey aspires to now make the transition to respectable TV presenter of Project Runway (or whatever family prime time show Weinstein is producing.). June Cleaver meets Jackie O sophistication.
Really? When did she say that?

I think you give her far too much credit. Personally, I think she's happy to take whatever jobs there are that give her a decent paycheck and a chance at being in the limelight.

I rather suspect that this whole 'image reinvention' is something you're projecting onto her. I don't see that she's whitewashing her past or pretending to be anything she isn't.

Cynisca wrote: Fine, if someone wants to reinvent their image but unfortunaltely there is an abundance of over one decade of sordid & violent imagery on the internet, that it's impossible to escape.

No one will take her seriously. They'll all be drawn back to what should be censored, should anyone seek background information.
I think that's really sad. So nobody is ever allowed to have a second chance? Nobody is ever allowed to move on from what they did in the past? Nobody is ever allowed to change, to grow, to develop, to try something new? No rehabilitation is ever going to be allowed? What we did in our 20s will define us forever? We can't move on and try new things, new roles, new experiences?

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by LornaDoone on Sat Jan 19 2013, 04:20

phys major wrote:
Cynisca wrote:Great posts, Anders & Lorna Doone.

Stacey aspires to now make the transition to respectable TV presenter of Project Runway (or whatever family prime time show Weinstein is producing.). June Cleaver meets Jackie O sophistication. Laughing
Fine, if someone wants to reinvent their image but unfortunaltely there is an abundance of over one decade of sordid & violent imagery on the internet, that it's impossible to escape.

No one will take her seriously. They'll all be drawn back to what should be censored, should anyone seek background information.

She was never a professional athlete nor a respectable entertainer, nor model.

Perhaps ratings will be low. Curiousity may draw some to the show initially. If they mute her voice, some may edure it longer. lol!
Overall, she's one unappealing package.

But George Clooney polluted our visuals & consciousness by promoting her to his global audience.
Ah... the power of love. Drink

It might be more understandable if it was Love...

A most interesting turn of phrase. "polluted our visuals..." HA!

"promoted her to his global audience" -- Yes, agree and sadly, I fear, she won't be the last.

LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by lucy on Sat Jan 19 2013, 05:36

I'm not sure if no one will take her seriously? Not sure, out of all his GF's she blends, he's aging in a nice way, it's time for him to give the appearance of a mature adult. Doesn't mean a wedding, but a relationship?

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Posts : 3209
Join date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Cynisca on Sat Jan 19 2013, 06:35

Katiedot wrote:
Cynisca wrote: Stacey aspires to now make the transition to respectable TV presenter of Project Runway (or whatever family prime time show Weinstein is producing.). June Cleaver meets Jackie O sophistication.
Really? When did she say that?

I think you give her far too much credit. Personally, I think she's happy to take whatever jobs there are that give her a decent paycheck and a chance at being in the limelight.

I rather suspect that this whole 'image reinvention' is something you're projecting onto her. I don't see that she's whitewashing her past or pretending to be anything she isn't.

Cynisca wrote: Fine, if someone wants to reinvent their image but unfortunaltely there is an abundance of over one decade of sordid & violent imagery on the internet, that it's impossible to escape.

No one will take her seriously. They'll all be drawn back to what should be censored, should anyone seek background information.
I think that's really sad. So nobody is ever allowed to have a second chance? Nobody is ever allowed to move on from what they did in the past? Nobody is ever allowed to change, to grow, to develop, to try something new? No rehabilitation is ever going to be allowed? What we did in our 20s will define us forever? We can't move on and try new things, new roles, new experiences?

She doesn't need to "say it," Katiedot. It's in her whole reinvention of (academically unqualified) health-food promoting guru, fitness doyenne, lifestyle TV show & photo-op opportunistic charity spokesperson.
So, NO, it's not something I'm projecting. The proof is in her actions.


Did you fail to read part of my sentence, "Fine, if someone wishes to reinvent their image," KatieDot? You chose to elaborate on that issue, ignoring my point.

She cannot escape from 10 years of sordid, sleazy, violent material readily available everywhere & defines most of her career. That's my predominant point. Anyone who tunes into the family friendly show will always have these graphic images as a reminder. Many viewers may be turned off & scoff.




Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Posts : 112
Join date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Cynisca on Sat Jan 19 2013, 06:58

@ LornaDoone
"promoted her to his global audience" -- Yes, agree and sadly, I fear, she won't be the last.

No doubt. It seems he craves the red-carpet attention more than them. As long as they're not too good-looking to steal his limelight. Mr Showbiz probably enjoys their controversial image, as he hopes it may bring him even more publicity. He'll probably repeat this washed-up ridiculous "middle-aged sleaze with a penchant for trashy" theme as long as his ego dictates...or until no one is paying attention anymore

@Lucy
The vast majority of comments & articles state he's aging rapildy, albeit still charming & handsome.
IMO, she dwarfs him, both in stature & broadness. Not her fault, of course, but he looks feeble & puny beside her.
Very unbalanced couple in every way.

Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Posts : 112
Join date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by lelacorb on Sat Jan 19 2013, 08:18

Katiedot wrote:
Cynisca wrote: Stacey aspires to now make the transition to respectable TV presenter of Project Runway (or whatever family prime time show Weinstein is producing.). June Cleaver meets Jackie O sophistication.
Really? When did she say that?

I think you give her far too much credit. Personally, I think she's happy to take whatever jobs there are that give her a decent paycheck and a chance at being in the limelight.

I rather suspect that this whole 'image reinvention' is something you're projecting onto her. I don't see that she's whitewashing her past or pretending to be anything she isn't.

Cynisca wrote: Fine, if someone wants to reinvent their image but unfortunaltely there is an abundance of over one decade of sordid & violent imagery on the internet, that it's impossible to escape.

No one will take her seriously. They'll all be drawn back to what should be censored, should anyone seek background information.
I think that's really sad. So nobody is ever allowed to have a second chance? Nobody is ever allowed to move on from what they did in the past? Nobody is ever allowed to change, to grow, to develop, to try something new? No rehabilitation is ever going to be allowed? What we did in our 20s will define us forever? We can't move on and try new things, new roles, new experiences?

Katie I believe that all people are allowed a second chance, Hollywood has given a second chance to Angelina Jolie, bad woman before falling in love with Brad Pitt. Now the Jolie Snubs Keibler because of her past?




lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Sat Jan 19 2013, 08:30

No she snubs Sk because she knows her purpose in the relationship...Hollywood is a very small circle and everyone knows everyones business..talk about gossip the people in Hollywood are the biggest gossips..

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Dior on Sat Jan 19 2013, 14:42

Well, I think she got her second chance by now, I just can't see her doing something with some sense in it?
If she would do some serious work, ok, but she is just enjoying her jet set life to the fullest grinning like there is no tomorrow, so for what people should show respect to her?
It is really hard to take her for serious.

Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Lighterside on Sat Jan 19 2013, 14:49

Lorna it's great that you've learned from your mistakes...try on some "compassion" one day, for those unfortunates, who don't learn from theirs and continue to make mistake after mistake...it works wonders on the soul!

And compassion has this capacity to help you understand that not everyone is you and has had your life experiences or the people in your life to help you to learn from your mistakes, when you did err.

You can judge all you like ladies but what I said still stands. Each and every one of you will account one day and it won't be to anyone here on the internet. I wish I could be there to hear you backpeddle about how "righteous" you were in defending "women" by tearing apart other women, in public, on the internet...draped in your "righteousness"!

Just my opinion of course! Thumbs up! So we can agree to disagree about Stacy and those like her.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Lighterside on Sat Jan 19 2013, 14:57

And by the way ladies...compassion is the ONE thing I almost never see here or anywhere on the internet these days.

It seems the internet gives everyone the "cover" they need to do the things they would NEVER do in person, face to face. Kind of like "bottled courage" but not the kind that George and Rande are selling now.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Cynisca on Sat Jan 19 2013, 15:05

Hollywood has given a second chance to Angelina Jolie, bad woman before falling in love with Brad Pitt.
Second chance? She was an Academy Award winning respectable actress, UN Goodwill Ambassador, talented, beautiful & respectable, before her relationship with Brad Pitt.

AJ doesn't have an abundance of degrading material simulating kicking women's heads, or getting her rump spanked by Big Poppa Pump (who happens to be smaller than Stacey so looks extra ridiculous). Nor desperate photoshopped poses trying to sell sexy.

And yes, Stacey has been given opportunities of a lifetime. She had reached a drought career wise until George fell in love with her & swept her off her feet. Remember her Tweets, " yay! You know it's true love when your babe takes you to a Ravens game 2 days after surgery!!!"
But just like Krista Allen & Elisabetta Canalis cannot escape their explicit material available for anyone's viewing distaste, neither can Stacey. It can be swept under the carpet, but easily retrieved.

As for Angie snubbing her, it's probably that she finds her irrelevant to her own life. Like a non-entity.

Cindy Crawford doesn't even follow Stacey on Twitter. So much for their intimate friendship. Laughing
Didn't they spend Christmas together? Surely they attended Midnight Mass at some local Mexican church. Haven't they bonded?



Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Posts : 112
Join date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Sat Jan 19 2013, 15:06

I disagree, I have seen the women on this forum be very compassionate to one another when someone has something uncomfortable happening in there life...
I agree with you 100% we will all be accountable for our actions one day...I'd like to be there and see what you get!!! According to the bible we will be, were all sinners and we are all human...The purpose of Jesus dying on the cross for us!!

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Sat Jan 19 2013, 15:11

Cynisca wrote:
Hollywood has given a second chance to Angelina Jolie, bad woman before falling in love with Brad Pitt.
Second chance? She was an Academy Award winning respectable actress, UN Goodwill Ambassador, talented, beautiful & respectable, before her relationship with Brad Pitt.

AJ doesn't have an abundance of degrading material simulating kicking women's heads, or getting her rump spanked by Big Poppa Pump (who happens to be smaller than Stacey so looks extra ridiculous). Nor desperate photoshopped poses trying to sell sexy.

And yes, Stacey has been given opportunities of a lifetime. She had reached a drought career wise until George fell in love with her & swept her off her feet. Remember her Tweets, " yay! You know it's true love when your babe takes you to a Ravens game 2 days after surgery!!!"
But just like Krista Allen & Elisabetta Canalis cannot escape their explicit material available for anyone's viewing distaste, neither can Stacey. It can be swept under the carpet, but easily retrieved


Stop with the stupid shit.( George fell in Love with her) lol....Business deal!!!

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Sat Jan 19 2013, 15:17

George need to generate as much publicity for his movies...Who better to use than SK..She wanted an opportunity to show her skills and make money off of the relationship...Perfect pairing!!! Only it backfired on both of them!!! It is that cut and dry!

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Lighterside on Sat Jan 19 2013, 15:28

phys major wrote:I disagree, I have seen the women on this forum be very compassionate to one another when someone has something uncomfortable happening in there life...
I agree with you 100% we will all be accountable for our actions one day...I'd like to be there and see what you get!!! According to the bible we will be, were all sinners and we are all human...The purpose of Jesus dying on the cross for us!!

Yes the posters here do that phys major, that's absolutely true...I just wish the same "grace" was afforded to his "date of choice" that's all. I try very diligently to beware of the traps of "self righteousness", as I know my own failings and shortcomings intimately. affraid

And as an RE teacher for over 25 years, I am fully aware and well versed as to why our Savior died...but that's not a "get out of jail free" card by any means and an "I get to do as I damn well please and will repent just before the last breathe is taken" situation.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Cynisca on Sat Jan 19 2013, 15:58

@ phys major
Just going by her Tweets....of course. Lying
And some others on this board...
Backfired evidently. Anyone with acumen & foresight could see that from the start. NoNoNo Gee, I thought for a split second that love was the only possible explanation.
scratch

Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Posts : 112
Join date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Sat Jan 19 2013, 16:05

Correct that is the Catholic way of doing things..I know I was raised as a devote Catholic...I guess all I'm trying to say is SK new damn well what she was getting herself into..George has made it very clear anyone he would fall in Love with would not be subjected to the media...She(or he) would be held in a holding tank feed and nurtured with extreme care...

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Sat Jan 19 2013, 16:08

Cynisca wrote: @ phys major
Just going by her Tweets....of course. Lying
And some others on this board...
Backfired evidently. Anyone with acumen & foresight could see that from the start. NoNoNo Gee, I thought for a split second that love was the only possible explanation.
scratch

That pinocchio nose thing is turning me on!!!! bounce Glad were on the same page..Now I think we should all start to speculate who he is going to get to replace SK..I think he has gone through all the possible mind blowing hook ups...Who could top SK???
I think were in for a dude this time....LOL


Last edited by phys major on Sat Jan 19 2013, 16:19; edited 1 time in total

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by lelacorb on Sat Jan 19 2013, 16:19

Cynisca wrote:
Hollywood has given a second chance to Angelina Jolie, bad woman before falling in love with Brad Pitt.
Second chance? She was an Academy Award winning respectable actress, UN Goodwill Ambassador, talented, beautiful & respectable, before her relationship with Brad Pitt.

AJ doesn't have an abundance of degrading material simulating kicking women's heads, or getting her rump spanked by Big Poppa Pump (who happens to be smaller than Stacey so looks extra ridiculous). Nor desperate photoshopped poses trying to sell sexy.

And yes, Stacey has been given opportunities of a lifetime. She had reached a drought career wise until George fell in love with her & swept her off her feet. Remember her Tweets, " yay! You know it's true love when your babe takes you to a Ravens game 2 days after surgery!!!"
But just like Krista Allen & Elisabetta Canalis cannot escape their explicit material available for anyone's viewing distaste, neither can Stacey. It can be swept under the carpet, but easily retrieved.

As for Angie snubbing her, it's probably that she finds her irrelevant to her own life. Like a non-entity.

Cindy Crawford doesn't even follow Stacey on Twitter. So much for their intimate friendship. Laughing
Didn't they spend Christmas together? Surely they attended Midnight Mass at some local Mexican church. Haven't they bonded?



Have you ever read the biography of Angie (Stacy is a nun in comparision), have you ever read anything about his past? Before you do this then answer. I do not like Stacy, I feel silly goose but what I wrote was referring only to a second chance and this is always given to all, but then you have to prove with Stacy and everyone is waiting for!

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Lighterside on Sat Jan 19 2013, 16:32

phys major wrote:Correct that is the Catholic way of doing things..I know I was raised as a devote Catholic...I guess all I'm trying to say is SK new damn well what she was getting herself into..George has made it very clear anyone he would fall in Love with would not be subjected to the media...She(or he) would be held in a holding tank feed and nurtured with extreme care...

I know phys...it's all good! Thumbs up! I wasn't trying to single you out, as it's a position held by many here but I was responding to your post in particular because you said something that I specifically wanted to expand on, in response to my post.

I hope I didn't offend you! Love3

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major on Sat Jan 19 2013, 16:37

Not at all...It's all good!!!

phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Dior on Sat Jan 19 2013, 16:54

Lighterside wrote:And by the way ladies...compassion is the ONE thing I almost never see here or anywhere on the internet these days.

It seems the internet gives everyone the "cover" they need to do the things they would NEVER do in person, face to face. Kind of like "bottled courage" but not the kind that George and Rande are selling now.

From what I read above obviously you made it your business then to judge the women who judge Keibler?
You're so funny.
And you're so wrong!
Be sure I'm ready to stand up and say my opinion at any time right into your face Smile

Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:41


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum