Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The House Rules

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The House Rules

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 05 2010, 11:00

Yep, there's no getting round it: this house has rules. I've tried to keep it as simple as possible and if you don't like my rules, that's fine; nobody makes you come here. Sorry to be blunt, but this is my forum and if you don't like it then you're free to not join in.

However, for as long as you do visit here, you're in my house and you follow my rules. Man, I sound like my parents!

Which are:

1. No name calling.
We're not in school any more, so let's let go of the name calling. And that's the rule for whether you're talking to another poster or writing about someone in George's world. It's simple good manners and if you can't find a kind word to say, be sure we'll all see what sort of a person you really are.

2. No repetition
Everyone has the right to an opinion. Everyone. But you don't need to express it over and over and over and over again. Once is plenty. If someone disagrees with your views, you can explain yourself again, allow them to explain their point of view again and then you should both leave it.

3. About George's girlfriends
This house's opinion is that George can date who he wants, when he wants and any way he wants. As long as he isn't breaking the law, we're fine with it. Anyone who does have issues with the kind of women he dates might want to find another discussion forum; we're not into censorious prudes tutting over suspected bad behaviour. Again, if you feel the need to criticise, pick apart and bitch about someone you've never met and who's done you no harm, ask yourself why. Does it make you feel better? Superior? Remember, what you write says more about you than it ever could about his girlfriend.

4. Keep it legal
Please don't post copyrighted images or articles here without permission. And unless you have legal, documented evidence that someone is a prostitute or has sex with an abnormally high number of people, please leave the libellous name calling on your side of the screen and off the forum.

Also, even though it's not illegal as such to take things from other sites - particularly other Clooney sites - it is bad manners. If you want to share something from somewhere else please credit the person and/or site who found it first.

5. No brown nosing
George Clooney doesn't read here, and neither does anyone associated with him. So be yourself and don't try to impress imaginary visitors with your fawning opinions about his lifestyle, looks and acting.

6. No duplicate identities
We love you just as you are. Really, we do, so there's no need to pretend to be different people. Please don't set up multiple accounts with different names. And definitely don't pretend to be anyone else on this forum. If I find a poster is using more than one identity (in other words pretending to be different people) then I will ban that poster and I will post her email addresses, physical address and computer IP address in this forum. If you need to re-register or change your username for whatever reason, just introduce yourself again as "Hello, I'm ABC and I used to post as ZYX before my computer crashed and I had to reset" just so we know who we're talking with.

7. No conspiracy theories
If you know something 'secret' about George either tell us in full, or keep quiet about it. Not interested in "I know something you don't know" games. Likewise, we don't believe George is secretly in love with anyone else and if you believe you're his secret love, you'll be so happy and fulfilled that you won't need find a self-esteem boost by posting on a fan forum, will you? None of his friends or lovers post here, so if you're really in his inner circle, neither should you.

8. Don't pet the sweaty stuff
George is [always/often/sometimes/occasionally/rarely (delete as appropriate)] a wonderful man and therefore attracts many fans. While most of us are here to catch up on his news and have a bit of fun, some take it a little bit more seriously. George has security guards wherever he goes but we don't have that luxury, so please let your common sense be our security. In the past, we've found out the hard way that it's not always easy to spot those with, let's say mental health issues, until it's too late. If there's a poster who seems a little 'off', intense or otherwise not entirely there, please don't respond and just ignore her posts. Tell me if you have any concerns and let me handle it.

9. This is a no-holds barred forum
We don't do taboo. If it's Clooney-related, feel free to discuss it, question it, raise it, post it, poll it, whatever 'it' may be - religion, sex, politics etc etc etc. All I ask is the following three points: 1. It must be directly Clooney-related, 2. It must be legal (let's not break international obscenity laws, please!) and 3. Play nicely.

10. If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong!
Not feeling the love? Try a new position and see how that goes.

Thanks

Katiedot (Admin)

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu Mar 29 2012, 12:13; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : typos, oh so many typos)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The House Rules

Post by melbert on Sun Mar 27 2011, 22:04

So noted. Thanks for the reminder Katie! We all want to have fun!!

melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina on Mon Mar 28 2011, 01:00

So Katiedot, does that mean calling his girlfriend a skank is not allowed? Love6

Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Mon Mar 28 2011, 06:40

You got it!

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehenge who? on Tue May 31 2011, 14:10

We can't say ********** is a ***** ? affraid

Stan himself called? Errrr

Stonehenge who?
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali on Mon Jul 11 2011, 00:19

Am new here! a very big fan of George and starting to love it already!!!!!! Smile

sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Mon Jul 11 2011, 00:23

Welcome sarah ali, there is a hello check in thread if you want to introduce yourself to the family.

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali on Mon Jul 11 2011, 00:35

Hello to you Lucy , i will go to fill now for sure , thanks for the information!! Wink

sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Mon Jul 11 2011, 00:47

Welcome Sarah Ali!

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali on Mon Jul 11 2011, 00:53

heeeeeey!!!!! Very Happy

sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu Feb 02 2012, 11:13

Bumping this again for the benefit of newbies who may not have seen it and the regular posters who may need a refresher. Whether you agree with these rules or not, you are expected to abide by them when posting here. If you don’t think you can, then don’t post.

------------------------------------------

I'm also adding a few notes on the house style here for clarification:

How to post
When you post please always include a link to the website where you got it from. If you're quoting something from a magazine or newspaper please state the name of the publication and the date it was published.

When you post something from another website, as well as giving the link please also copy and paste the text from that site. The reason for this is twofold: firstly it makes life easier for everyone because they don't have to go to another website to read what you've posted, and secondly if that website updates, moves or deletes the article then it's gone forever. If you post it on this site then it stays here.

Thread titles: I'd really appreciate if you can make the title of a new thread something everyone can easily understand what it's about. For example: "Video of George Clooney being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in 2008" is a good title. "Video" or “What do you think of this” is not.

When you're posting, I prefer to have a new thread for each new bit of news. This can sometimes need a bit of judgment: for example should you post a sighting on the 'Where is George Now' thread or start a new thread? The rule of thumb is if it has pictures or you think a couple of people are likely to comment on it, then start a new thread.

The same goes for his girlfriends. If his girlfriend is doing something new and you think people will want to discuss it, then start a new thread. If it's not so exciting or you think it won't get much comment then put it on the general thread.

If you make a mistake, I can move posts around. Remember that it's much easier for me to merge two threads together than try to separate one thread into two.

Where to post :
If it's a story about George then post in the news section. If it's a story about George and Grant then post it in the news section not in the Grant thread. If it’s a story about George and Stan then post it in the news section, not the Stan thread. If it's a story about George and his house then post it in the news section and not in his house’s thread. If it's a story about George and his girlfriend then post it in the news section and not the girlfriend's thread. If it's a story ONLY about his girlfriend and doesn't feature George at all then – and then only - post it in the Girls Girls Girls section.

Posting about George's girlfriends:
When George is dating someone, his girlfriend is a feature in his life and an object of interest to his fans. With that in mind, I don't forbid people writing about her in any of the threads in any of the forums (assuming the post is relevant of course).

What I do ask from every poster here is to use a little self-control when posting about the girlfriend. This is a George Clooney site and I hope his fans would show more of an interest in him than his girlfriend. If a person only wants to write about his girlfriend I ask them to take the conversation to the girlfriend's thread and not to bore all the George Clooney fans with posts about his girlfriend on every thread.

I would suggest that if you’re in a George Clooney thread and already two or three people have commented about his girlfriend then ask yourself if what you were going to post about her adds anything new or insightful to the conversation. If you really must post, then go to the girlfriend’s thread and post it there.

Tone of posts
Please understand that I will always come down harder on negative and critical posts than on positive ones. Two reasons for that:

Firstly, there's a tendency among posters to run away with the negativity and if it's not kept in check the forum turns into one grand bitchfest of spitefulness and mean comments. If anyone only wants to write mean things about George and/or his girlfriends because it’s their idea of ‘fun’ then by all means do so, but not on this forum. This is my site and I don't want it to become the home of the catty posters. I hate to sound hippie here, but relentless negativity is not healthy for anyone and when your mother told you "If you can't say something nice then say nothing at all" she had a point.

That doesn't mean that every single post has to be happy clappy and cheerful. That would be weird. Really weird. Just temper the negativity.

Secondly, this is a much smaller consideration but it's still a consideration. George has always been very lenient with what happens online and I don't expect that to change, however, this is my forum and if he (or anyone associated with him) ever gets pissed off at what's written here then I'm the one who gets the letter from the lawyers and potentially faces a libel court case because of things other posters have said. I don't think this would happen but keep it in mind when you post.

The whole opinions, discussion and freedom of speech thing
In an ideal world I’d say posters can write whatever they want. Sadly this gets abused, so on this site freedom of speech does not mean freedom to be as nasty as you want to be. We’re all adults here so a little self-control should work just fine.

With regards to opinions, there are wrong opinions. For example, if someone posted that the only bad thing about the 2004 tsunami was that not enough foreign people died then I hope everyone here would agree that that opinion is wrong and not acceptable. Luckily we rarely discuss such important matters but the principle is the same: you may have an opinion but that doesn’t mean your opinion is right just because it’s your opinion.

Which brings me to the next point: this is a discussion forum and not a soap box. This means that the conversation is two-way and inevitably different people will see things in a different way. If a poster disagrees with another poster’s opinion, it’s not an attack. It’s a discussion. Please treat it as such. If you’re so sensitive that you get upset because someone disagrees with your opinion then ask yourself if a discussion forum is the right place for you.

Remember, you don't ever have to reply to another poster if you don't want to.

Finally, if you read something in the forum that you find offensive or think breaks these rules in a major way then please bring it to my attention by sending a PM. I don’t always see everything and I’m not online 24/7.

Thanks

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 on Thu Feb 02 2012, 12:40

Thanks Katie!! sorry for keeping you busy!may I ask something?? can the girls in this site please at least post a warning when they want to post unappropriat pics??

dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu Feb 02 2012, 12:56

thank you for your hard work Kat

for you

http://my.opera.com/Summerz/albums/showpic.dml?album=825308&picture=11950195

(or pick next, if you prefer)

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sat Feb 04 2012, 16:58

Katie wrote..."Secondly, this is a much smaller consideration but it's still a consideration. George has always been very lenient with what happens online and I don't expect that to change, however, this is my forum and if he (or anyone associated with him) ever gets pissed off at what's written here then I'm the one who gets the letter from the lawyers and potentially faces a libel court case because of things other posters have said. I don't think this would happen but keep it in mind when you post."

I've often thought about this aspect over the years, when reading some unpleasant things about someone on a forum. I wondered if there has ever been any legal action taken ? It's certainly an important point to think about isn't it ?

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu Mar 29 2012, 12:13

Yet again, another bump of the rules for those who may be unfamiliar or forgotten them.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina on Thu Mar 29 2012, 13:38

Laughable, really is, you should look in the mirror when reading these rules Katiedot. Especially the ones about the tone of posts and freedom of speech. I will probably be banned for saying this and you know what, I could careless. For those of you that used to post at Kimbers board, I miss all of you and if you ever get another forum going, count me in!!

Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by hlsun on Sun Apr 08 2012, 23:00

I've read the rules,
and I will do my best to follow them!Smile

hlsun
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Mon Apr 09 2012, 09:18

good!
ciao hlsun! Very Happy

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Tue Jun 26 2012, 06:35

Yet another reminder of the house rules on this forum.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Tue Oct 23 2012, 17:09

Bumping this thread again for those who may not have read it or need memories refreshing.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aflower1325 on Sat Feb 23 2013, 01:05

If there is a poster who just "seems a little off," how do we handle that? There is a person who has posted in several of the same posts as me and her posts always seem a little off. I am not sure she is violating any rules. She just gives me the creeps.

aflower1325
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Healy on Sat Feb 23 2013, 01:12

Oh, what a phony PR troll! Rolling Eyes So predictable!! Laying the groundwork to ban an antagonizer exposing them!!!

Btw, why were PR gnomes sisieq777, charley & dexterdidit BANNED???
Because the moved over to the ClooneysAficonados blog, which is part of this PR network?
WAS IT TO COVER UP THEIR POSTS HERE?? Make them look unaffiliated?
Laughing
Gee, you really have to try everything to make this site seem an independent fan forum. But you fail.

Evelyn Healy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Healy on Sat Feb 23 2013, 01:20

Then you deflect with remarks "ooooo, we couldn't possibly be PR!! You have no idea how it's run...LOL...We get away with SO much naughty stuff about commenting on Georgie's marbles & stuff....Ooooo".
" Surely we dupe the world!!!"

YOU SAY DIDDLY SQUAT! One negative remark about GC, & the gnomes gang up! Strategies executed under the guise of objective discussions.

Evelyn Healy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by aflower1325 on Sat Feb 23 2013, 01:24

I am not PR and I did not say who I was referring to.

aflower1325
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle on Sat Feb 23 2013, 01:37

aflower just ignore and don't respond. One of the mods will probably check in soon and take care of it.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT on Sat Feb 23 2013, 06:50

My, my, this forum is like a dictatorial regime of panic stricken TIME WARNER gossip magazine correspondents DESPERATELY trying to control. A PR network of predominantly global gossip mazine contributors.. Laughing

LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT on Sat Feb 23 2013, 06:52

What a mess! It's full of " bans."

Only attracts people to read them..Emphasis on the banned posters statement.
Your bosses won't be happy. Laughing

LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT on Sat Feb 23 2013, 07:02

I know wherever comments are HIDDEN due to whatever reason, readers flock to view them.

lol!

LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Sat Feb 23 2013, 07:17

are there restrictions? I hadnt noticed . . . Pretty much the rule of life applies here; treat others as you would want to be treated.

playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat Feb 23 2013, 07:31

aflower1325 wrote:If there is a poster who just "seems a little off," how do we handle that? There is a person who has posted in several of the same posts as me and her posts always seem a little off. I am not sure she is violating any rules. She just gives me the creeps.

Don't worry about it and I'm sorry. She's someone with mental health problems as you can clearly see who's fixated on this site. Anyway, I've now set the site up so that her posts get hidden automatically.

In general, if there are posters who give you the creeps, please ignore them and send me a PM (private message). You can also automatically hide their posts by following these instructions: http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t1116-how-to-ignore-another-poster

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aflower1325 on Sat Feb 23 2013, 07:35

THAK YOU Katiedot!!!

Not worthy

aflower1325
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzale on Tue May 07 2013, 01:10

'Why can not I on George Clooney Facebook page write??

pizzale
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Tue May 07 2013, 05:08

I have no idea.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Mon Jun 03 2013, 01:40

For the benefit of new posters - reposting the forum rules:

1. No name Aufruf.
Wir sind nicht in der Schule nicht mehr, also lasst uns loslassen der Namen zu nennen. Und das ist die Regel für, ob Sie zu einem anderen Plakat reden oder zu schreiben über jemanden in die Welt von George. Es ist einfach gute Manieren, und wenn Sie nicht finden können, ein gutes Wort zu sagen, sicher sein, werden wir alle sehen, was für ein Mensch du wirklich bist.

2. Keine Wiederholung
Jeder hat das Recht auf eine Stellungnahme. Everyone. Aber Sie brauchen nicht, um es auszudrücken immer und immer und immer und immer wieder. Einmal ist genug. Wenn jemand nicht einverstanden mit Ihrem Blick, können Sie sich wieder zu erklären, damit sie ihre Sicht wieder erklären und dann sollten beide verlassen.

3. Über George Freundinnen
Dieses Haus ist der Meinung, dass George datieren können, wer er will, wenn er will und jedem wie er will. Solange er nicht das Gesetz brechen, wir sind gut mit ihm. Wer Probleme mit der Art von Frauen, die er stammt tut Vielleicht möchten Sie eine andere Diskussion Forum zu finden, wir sind nicht in censorious prudes tutting über vermutete schlechtes Verhalten. Auch wenn Sie das Bedürfnis zu kritisieren, auseinander nehmen und etwa jemand, den Sie noch nie getroffen haben und wer getan hat dir keinen Schaden zufügen Hündin fühlen, fragen Sie sich, warum. Macht es dich besser fühlen? Überlegene? Denken Sie daran, was Sie schreiben, sagt mehr über Sie, als es jemals könnte über seine Freundin.

4. Halten Sie es legal
Bitte senden Sie keine urheberrechtlich geschützten Bilder oder Artikel hier ohne Genehmigung. Und wenn Sie legal, dokumentierte Beweise, dass jemand eine Prostituierte ist, oder hat Sex mit einem ungewöhnlich hohen Zahl von Menschen haben, lassen Sie bitte die verleumderische Namen ruft auf Ihrer Seite des Bildschirms, und aus dem Forum.

Auch, obwohl es nicht illegal als solche, die Dinge von anderen Seiten nehmen - vor allem anderen Websites Clooney - es ist schlechte Manieren. Wenn Sie etwas aus freigeben möchten bitte woanders Kredit der Person und / oder vor Ort, die es zuerst gefunden.

5. No brown nosing
George Clooney hier nicht lesen, und weder hat jemand mit ihm verbunden. Also selbst zu sein und nicht versuchen, imaginären Besucher mit Ihrer fawning Meinungen über seinen Lebensstil zu beeindrucken, sieht und Handeln.

6. Keine doppelten Identitäten
Wir lieben dich so wie du bist. Wirklich, wir tun, so gibt es keine Notwendigkeit zu tun, um anderen Menschen zu sein. Bitte nicht mehrere Konten mit unterschiedlichen Namen. Und auf jeden Fall nicht so tun, als sonst jemand auf diesem Forum zu sein. Wenn finde ich ein Plakat wird mit mehr als einer Identität (in anderen Worten vorgibt, unterschiedliche Menschen zu sein), dann werde ich dieses Plakat verbieten und ich werde ihre E-Mail-Adressen, Postanschrift und Computer-IP-Adresse in diesem Forum posten. Wenn Sie neu zu registrieren oder ändern Sie Ihren Benutzernamen aus irgendeinem Grund brauchen, nur stellen Sie sich wieder als "Hallo, ich bin ABC und ich pflegte, als ZYX schreiben bevor mein Computer ist abgestürzt und ich musste reset" nur damit wir wissen, wer wir 're reden mit.

7. Keine Verschwörungstheorien
Wenn Sie etwas "Geheimnis" über George wissen entweder sagen uns, in vollem Umfang oder schweigen darüber. Nicht in "Ich weiß, was du nicht weißt" Spielen interessiert. Ebenso glauben wir nicht, George ist heimlich verliebt in jemand anderes und wenn du, du bist seine heimliche Liebe zu glauben, du wirst so glücklich und erfüllt, dass Sie nicht brauchen, finden Selbstwertgefühl zu steigern, indem wir auf eine Fan-Forum, nicht wahr? Keiner seiner Freunde oder Liebhaber hier posten, wenn Sie also wirklich in seinem inneren Kreis sind, weder sollten Sie.

8. Pet nicht die verschwitzten Sachen
George ist [immer / oft / manchmal / gelegentlich / selten (Nichtzutreffendes streichen)] ein wunderbarer Mann und zieht deshalb viele Fans. Während die meisten von uns hier sind, um sich über seine Nachrichten und haben ein bisschen Spaß, einige nehmen es ein bisschen mehr ernst. George hat Wachleute, wohin er geht, aber wir haben nicht diesen Luxus, so lassen Sie es Ihren gesunden Menschenverstand unserer Sicherheit. In der Vergangenheit haben wir auf die harte Tour, dass es nicht immer leicht zu erkennen, die mit, sagen wir, psychische Probleme, bis es zu spät ist gefunden. Wenn es ein Plakat, die ein wenig 'off', intensive oder sonst nicht ganz da scheint es, bitte nicht zu reagieren und einfach ignorieren ihre Beiträge. Sagen Sie mir, wenn Sie irgendwelche Bedenken haben und lassen Sie mich damit umgehen.

9. Dies ist ein no-Tabus Forum
Wir tun das nicht tabu. Wenn es im Zusammenhang mit Clooney ist, fühlen Sie sich frei, darüber zu diskutieren, hinterfragen, heben, per Post, es abzufragen, was "es" sein mag - Religion, Sex, Politik etc etc etc. Ich verlange nur die folgenden drei Punkte: 1 . Es muss direkt Clooney-bezogene, 2 sein. Es muss legal sein (Lasst uns nicht brechen internationalen Obszönitätsgesetze, bitte!) Und 3. Spielen schön.

10. Wenn Sie keinen Spaß, du machst es falsch!
Nicht das Gefühl der Liebe? Versuchen Sie eine neue Position und sehen, wie das geht.

Dank

Katiedot (Admin)

Reposted in German by Lornadoone

And Pizza I'm going to address you here in this area as you are not responding to the PMs you've been sent my the mods/admin.

As you stated in another thread - you post your real picture on this site.

Let me ask you something. We've had thousands of people on this forum at certain times and what you've done to yourself, as an aspiring actress, is put your TRUE face on the forum and coupled that with some nastiness to other posters.

Now people may not know your name, but what if on the oft chance someone who is in the industry looking in on this forum, sees your nastiness and puts your FACE to it.

What if on the oft chance you apply for work as an actress or extra on a film and someone who looked in here recognizes you as someone who is antagonistic and rude.

Do you think they would even consider hiring you?

You should really consider the consequences of your actions and your words when you're posting here with your real face as part of the posts.

One thing I can tell you for sure, from all the years of following George and reading what he thinks about nastiness - if he ever got wind of someone like you - nasty to the core and rude - he would NEVER hire you.

So you can continue baiting people, being rude, posting in the wrong threads, but it will reach a point that other forum members find you too disruptive (and comments are starting to come in to that affect) that the admin and mods will discuss and you run the risk of being banned, either temporarily or permanently.

So I'm going to ask you one last time.

Cut the crap. Giving other posters the finger is unbelievably rude and if you can not control your emotions and your nasty commentary YOU WILL BE BANNED.

Und Pizza werde ich Ihnen hier in diesem Bereich anzugehen, wie Sie reagiert nicht mit den PMs bin du warst mein die mods / admin gesendet.

Wie Sie in einem anderen Thread erwähnt - ihre wahre Bild auf dieser Website.

Lassen Sie mich Ihnen etwas sagen. Wir hatten Tausende von Menschen auf diesem Forum zu bestimmten Zeiten und was du selbst getan, als aufstrebende Schauspielerin, gelegt wird dein wahres Gesicht auf dem Forum und gekoppelt, dass mit einiger Bosheit zu anderen Plakaten.

Jetzt sind die Menschen nicht wissen, Ihren Namen, aber was, wenn auf dem oft zufällig jemanden, der in der Branche suchen auf diesem Forum ist, sieht Ihre Gemeinheit und bringt Ihr Gesicht zu ihm.

Was ist, wenn auf dem oft Chance, dass Sie gelten für die Arbeit als Schauspielerin oder extra einen Film und jemand, der hier sah erkennt man als jemand, der antagonistischen und unhöflich ist.

Glaubst du, sie würde sogar erwägen Einstellung Sie?

Sie sollten wirklich überlegen, die Konsequenzen Ihres Handelns und Ihre Worte, wenn Sie hier sind mit Ihrem Posting wahres Gesicht als Teil der Beiträge.

Eines kann ich Ihnen sicher sagen kann, aus all den Jahren nach George und lesen, was er über die Gemeinheit denkt - wenn er jemals Wind von jemandem wie Sie - böse auf den Kern und unhöflich - er würde nie mieten Sie.

So können Sie weiterhin Hetze Menschen, unhöflich, die Entsendung in die falschen Themen, aber es wird einen Punkt, dass andere Forumsmitglieder Sie zu störend finden (und Kommentare werden beginnen, in diesem Affekt kommen), dass der Admin und Mods diskutieren und erreichen Sie laufen Gefahr, verboten, entweder vorübergehend oder dauerhaft.

Also werde ich Sie bitten, noch ein letztes Mal.

Cut the crap. Geben anderen Plakate mit dem Finger ist unglaublich unhöflich und wenn Sie nicht kontrollieren können, Ihre Gefühle und Ihre bösen Kommentar Sie werden verbannt.

Last edited by LornaDoone on Mon Jun 03 2013, 02:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding comments in English AND German specifically to Pizza)

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Mon Jun 03 2013, 06:28

Google translate, right?

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Mon Jun 03 2013, 14:04

Katiedot wrote:Google translate, right?

Hell yes, I don't know any freakin German!!! Brahahahaha

How bad is it? No I don't want to know and frankly don't care!! I've got enough trouble keeping up in English and that IS my first language!!!

Thanks for the laugh!

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Mon Jun 03 2013, 16:18

Let me tell you as a German I had my laugh. It is really funny. I made a cup of coffee and enjoyed reading it. But even though I laught I got the sense out of it. Every German will understand what the rules are. Every German will read that with a smile Very Happy Thank you for making my day cheers

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Mon Jun 03 2013, 20:58

Whew! Ok now I don't feel so bad! Thanks Nicky80 glad it made you smile!

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha on Mon Jun 03 2013, 21:10

I have to agree with Nicky, that German is funny, but as a German I can understand it easily.

Natascha

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Fri Jul 19 2013, 02:16

Ok I'm going to make a comment here and hope all who come on see this.

Please read the house rules at the beginning of this thread.  

We are supposed to be adults who are posting here but frankly there are times that I wonder if one of your kids has gotten on the internet, opened up the GC website (or you left it open) and then posted away  because some of the comments in some of the threads, especially the Girls, Girls, Girls section, border on being unbelievably immature and juvenile!

Folks, this is just a fan forum for a guy that most of us will never meet.  Most of us will also never meet any of his friends, girlfriends, work mates, etc.

This is supposed to be fun but I can tell you lately, at least for me, it feels like a job that I'm WAY underpaid for cause I'm getting nothing for moderating here.  

Lately, theminis and I have been very busy modifying posts, moving posts to the correct threads and trying to keep things on track.  It would really help if you could put things in the correct threads and sections.

If you are not sure how to post in a topic or thread, please PM one of the mods.  That me, theminis or watching.

Please stop changing the titles of a thread mid-thread.  It doesn't make any sense.

If you want to discuss something that is not part of that particular thread, please go to the correct thread or start a new one in the appropriate section.

For now, all posts about Stacy can be put in the Ghosts of Girlfriends past section until we can find a way to move them to one folder without losing the thread titles.

And lastly, please keep in mind that when all is said and done, George does not:

1. Post here

2. Read here

3. Comment here

So making comments you think he'll read are a waste of time.

Thanks.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 on Fri Jul 19 2013, 02:20

I am sorry Lorna if I got off topic. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Fri Jul 19 2013, 02:38

No ktsue2002 we all go off topic sometimes in our posts.

That's not what I'm addressing.  I'm addressing folks who start whole new topics in the middle of a thread with a new title for the topic.

Heck, I've gone off topic way too many times myself, but then we do try to get on track.  

And I'm also addressing when the conversations get very heated - I guess my point being that at the end of the day - is it really all that important what happens with George or any of his girl friends, past, present, future?

It's one thing to discuss a person's actions; that is something that they can change if the action would be considered by many to be inappropriate.

But to be really intensely derogatory about a person's looks doesn't make any sense and as katie said, really says a lot about the person making the comment - and it's usually not nice.

They may be in the public eye but in the end, they are people too who have feelings just like anyone else.

So we all go off topic.  If we can be cognizant of that and bring it back to topic (or post on another thread if appropriate) then that would surely make it a lot easier for all to follow.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 on Fri Jul 19 2013, 09:36

Rules keep us in order Smile

Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Fri Jul 19 2013, 10:18

Thanks Lorna.....well said !

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy on Fri Jul 19 2013, 19:30

Okay, I do a lot of posting of articles and I'm not understanding what is being done wrong. I don't know if any of this is pertaining to me or not, so that I don't continue to make same mistakes. I never did any of this before I came here.

Katiedot, had said that if I didn't know where to put something to start a new thread because it was easier for her to combined them if she wanted to. Does this still hold? I don't want to be posting things incorrectly.

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle on Fri Jul 19 2013, 20:48

Mazy I think most of it has to do with some ugly comments made yesterday about a supposed possible new gf.

noodle

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Fri Jul 19 2013, 22:09

Mazy wrote:Okay, I do a lot of posting of articles and I'm not understanding what is being done wrong. I don't know if any of this is pertaining to me or not, so that I don't continue to make same mistakes. I never did any of this before I came here.

Katiedot, had said that if I didn't know where to put something to start a new thread because it was easier for her to combined them if she wanted to. Does this still hold? I don't want to be posting things incorrectly.

Mazy you are posting correctly in the correct sections.  I wasn't addressing you.

The only thing I'd like to ask is when you type the title of the topic please use initial caps and not all caps. That's how the other posts are set up. Thanks.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy on Sun Jul 21 2013, 02:41

Okay no problem, thank you.

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Tue Dec 03 2013, 11:24

I'm horrified that I even have to write this, but apparently not everyone has figured this out: the rules above about being polite when posting apply to sending private messages (PMs) as well as posting on the forum.

I would have thought that was blindingly obvious, but apparently not, so I'll write it clearly again: you cannot be rude or abusive in the forum and you cannot be rude or abusive in private messages.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sat Feb 08 2014, 04:28

Just wanted to remind everyone that for the most part this is a George Clooney forum. There are additional topics but if there is something that seems way off - as in a recent post telling people here what to say or do about something we know nothing about then the comments will be removed.

If you are responding to something in a thread, please respond in that thread. Starting a new thread that makes no sense - in fact makes no sense.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 14:24

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum