George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999 - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999 - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999 - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999 - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999 - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999 - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999 - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999 - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999 - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999

+33
globalchick
Clooneygirl
madsky
Way2Old4Dis
noodle
barla
fava
cindigirl
Merlin
LornaDoone
Henway
The next mrs clooney
premiere
Missa
davidarochelle
Lakin460
laetval
Natascha
hathaross
Atalante
it's me
sandwiches
blubelle
Casey
lucy
watching
clooneys six
Dexterdidit
sisieq
Snoopy
melbert
ManhattanMaven
Katiedot
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999 - Page 3 Empty Re: Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999

Post by cindigirl Thu 02 Aug 2012, 14:37

Missa wrote:The interesting thing, as far as Stacy goes, is that cohabitation is not even required, just that "agreement", which would be terribly hard to prove didn't exist. Could be why George likes to be publicly clear he's not interested in marriage. No women can claim that she thought he was going to marry her when the entire world knows he's not going to marry anyone.

Thanks Missa- your explanation makes the most sense of all the opinions I've heard yet.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999 - Page 3 Empty Re: Celine Balitran - girlfriend 1996 - 1999

Post by davidarochelle Thu 02 Aug 2012, 15:50

Melbert,
I have never lived with a man. But if you asked any of my exes, or even casual friends of my exes, about me you would be given a cute story of me and their 4-legged love. Why isn't there a picture of Celine with Max? Show me an interview where Celine talks about even though she realizes a pig is an unusual choice, she realizes how much Max means to G. Where is her "cute story" of her petting Max or buying him a toy, or making something special for him to eat?

davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 02 Aug 2012, 16:46

I do believe that some of her interviews refer to Max if you read them. However, the interviewers were more interested in George? Maybe Max didn't like toys? Since they didn't take Max for walks where the paps were, no photos were taken and George doesn't share his personal photos (that he's taken). And pigs are not an unusual choice as I know 8 different people personally who have owned pigs as pets. I don't know about them, I wasn't there. However, MOST of my friends don't go on and on and on about their significant other's pets. Maybe that just MY friends...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 02 Aug 2012, 22:54

Melbert, you are correct. She discusses Max in an interview posted earlier on this thread.

Katiedot wrote:You Magazine (the magazine supplement to the Mail on Sunday in the UK) January 1999

"Since moving in with Clooney, Celine who juggles modelling with part-time volunteer work in a primary school, has had to develop a thick skin. 'The media is constantly telling lies about us,' she says. 'If you believed the papers, since I met George, I've been pregnant five times, we've been getting married at least 30 and separated a hundred - always because of Max, George's pot-bellied pig.' Clooney is very fond of Max. 'He isn't interested in people telling him how wonderful he is,' says Celine. 'He's
much more impressed when people are nice to Max.'

When she's not keeping Max on her side (her secret is a stash of dried fruits), Celine keeps the man in her life happy by not letting LA spoil her.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 02 Aug 2012, 22:58

Thanks Fava. I got the impression that she cared about Max, just didn't feel the need to glorify him to everybody she met.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 02 Aug 2012, 23:36

Wow this thread has definitely started a fire. IMO celine was not a gold digger. she took a chance on love and it didn't work out. She is like many women that put their lives on hold for what they believe will be the love of their lives only for it to go wrong and them end up with nothing. We know George gave her money, we don't know if she threatened to sue him or whether he just felt it was the right thing to do, so its pure speculation about her being a gold digger.

Davida, why do these supposed friends or co-workers of George randomly tell you personal information about him? Seems strange that they would come up to a complete stranger and violate George's trust in that way. These people are obviously not in George's inner circle so if I had to guess I would say that everything they told you should be taken with a grain of salt.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 02 Aug 2012, 23:38

melbert wrote:Thanks Fava. I got the impression that she cared about Max, just didn't feel the need to glorify him to everybody she met.

Maybe if there would have been twitter back then she would have posted pictures of her in her bikini out by the pool with max, but alas no twitter so she couldn't tweet about being with "her" pig at "their" house Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 02 Aug 2012, 23:50

The next mrs clooney wrote:Wow this thread has definitely started a fire. IMO celine was not a gold digger. she took a chance on love and it didn't work out. She is like many women that put their lives on hold for what they believe will be the love of their lives only for it to go wrong and them end up with nothing. We know George gave her money, we don't know if she threatened to sue him or whether he just felt it was the right thing to do, so its pure speculation about her being a gold digger.

Davida, why do these supposed friends or co-workers of George randomly tell you personal information about him? Seems strange that they would come up to a complete stranger and violate George's trust in that way. These people are obviously not in George's inner circle so if I had to guess I would say that everything they told you should be taken with a grain of salt.

Yes to that entire post. 10 out of 10
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 00:05

TNMC,
When I met G's assistant I was shocked about how much information this total stranger already knew about me. For example hardly anyone knows specific things about my birth family or some of my acting roles when I lived in LA. Since the discussion was about my career goals, and I was asked some extremely personal questions, it would make sense that the conversation could not be completely one-sided. Many other famous directors, both in LA and in LV, have sent their assistants over to find out similar detailed information. Generally I am told very private things about the star, such as James Gandolfini or Russell Brand, in their effort to solicit more information about me. I understand that you may not believe me. I assure you that I have never had to make things up. Hopefully soon I'll be able to find a way to make my situation clearer. Just remember what I wrote in earlier posts. The reason I didn't have a bigger acting career is because I didn't know to sleep with the "right people" who were propositioning me, and I didn't interpret their actions correctly. That's one of the things the assistant essentially told me. It was definitely not your average, casual conversation. But when a director sends his assistant over to interview you it really never is.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 00:19

Grunt in peace, the pig that won George's heart
Last updated at 22:00 04 December 2006
George Clooney and his beloved pig Max

Clooney was so devoted to the 21-stone porker that he once joked he would marry him if he could get him into a wedding dress.

Max, who has had the run of the actor's Hollywood Hills mansion for the past 18 years and even slept in his bed, was blamed for scuppering at least one relationship.

In 1996 there were rumours that he was about to marry French law student Celine Balitran, whom he met when she was a waitress serving him drinks in a Paris bar, but Max was said to have come between them after Clooney refused to keep the pig outside.

Clooney's only concession was to suggest banning Max from the bedroom and swimming pool, but this was not enough for Miss Balitran, who left.

lN-peace-pig-won-Georges-heart.html#ixzz22QwCi1r3
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 03 Aug 2012, 00:24

Not to beat a dead horse, but I still don't understand. Of course the conversation could be completely one-sided; it's a movie star talking to an extra about her career goals. In Hollywood's power structure, I don't think the star would feel the need to share anything; he holds all the cards. If you didn't want to talk to him, I'm pretty sure there was a line of women right behind you who would've been happy to have that one-sided conversation without the assistant having to sell out her boss. I just find it extremely difficult to believe Amy or Angel, or anyone working for George for that matter, would have lasted very long if they routinely gave out personal information about him. It would have eventually gotten back to him that they were chatting up random people on movie sets with details about his relationship with his girlfriend; methinks he would not have been happy, to say the least.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 03 Aug 2012, 00:38

davidarochelle wrote:TNMC,
When I met G's assistant I was shocked about how much information this total stranger already knew about me. For example hardly anyone knows specific things about my birth family or some of my acting roles when I lived in LA. Since the discussion was about my career goals, and I was asked some extremely personal questions, it would make sense that the conversation could not be completely one-sided. Many other famous directors, both in LA and in LV, have sent their assistants over to find out similar detailed information. Generally I am told very private things about the star, such as James Gandolfini or Russell Brand, in their effort to solicit more information about me. I understand that you may not believe me. I assure you that I have never had to make things up. Hopefully soon I'll be able to find a way to make my situation clearer. Just remember what I wrote in earlier posts. The reason I didn't have a bigger acting career is because I didn't know to sleep with the "right people" who were propositioning me, and I didn't interpret their actions correctly. That's one of the things the assistant essentially told me. It was definitely not your average, casual conversation. But when a director sends his assistant over to interview you it really never is.

Sorry Davida but there is no way that George's assistant isn't asked to sign a confidentiality agreement. It is commonplace for anyone that works with a Hollywood star to have to sign one as you well know.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 00:39

Missa,
G has MANY assistants. His male on-set assistant came over to where I was sitting, far away from where he was, complimented me on my acting talent, and started asking some very personal questions. There were very few people left on set at that time. G was sitting directly behind me; the entire lengthy conversation was recorded. Since my back was to G and his assistant was facing him, I was not aware until afterwards that G was listening in the entire time. The assistant was NOT selling out G; I can't understand why you would say that. Nor were there any other girls around. A friend of mine later asked me why I didn't stick around to have drinks with the crew and assistant and G. He also quoted me back things that I had said.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 00:43

TNMC,
You forget that G was listening to the entire conversation as it was occurring. I was not aware of advanced technology then, had just gotten a cheap cell, and was totally unfamiliar with recording devices. And again with my back to G, and more interested in the advice the assistant was giving me, I wasn't paying that close attention. Please understand I didn't even know at the time that G was well-known in Europe. My goal was career advice.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 03 Aug 2012, 00:54

so was George directing the movie or acting in it?? Just curious.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 03 Aug 2012, 01:41

Well, TNMC, if it was in Vegas, then it must be either Ocean's 11 or Up in the Air, right? I can't think of any other of his films that were filmed there. Although I can't think why George would be hanging around on the set after almost everyone had left unless he was directing, so the mystery remains unsolved.

Davida,

I said that the assistant seemed to be selling him because of what you said: The assistant supposedly gave up private information about George in order to "solicit" personal information from you. That sounds an awful lot like "selling out" to me. Of course, at the time, I was unaware that George was sitting directly behind you while his assistant crossed a nearly deserted film set to provide you with his personal information in order to gain private information from you. Obviously the assistant had the all clear to do that. And on the Creepy Scale of 1-10, that rates a 12. One further question: how is it that you are sitting on a near-empty set of a George Clooney film, in arm's length of GEORGE CLOONEY, and you don't realize it?

Actually, now that I think about it, it must be Ocean's 11. Filmed in Vegas; check. AND close enough to the break up for it to make sense Celine would come up; check. Up in the Air was 2009 - can't imagine Celine was a regular or casual topic of conversation ten years on.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 01:57

Missa, It was UITA. Julia Roberts wouldn't let me work on Oceans when it shot in Vegas. It was a very small outdoor, daytime call, and a skeleton crew. I was sitting on a bench with only one other SAG extra. His assistant came over, sat directly across from me, saying that "I'll bet you could have an entire conversation without literally saying anything." I responded by giving him a silent acting demonstration. It was obvious he had been watching me from the time I had arrived. As I said in another thread, I've always "stood out," especially on sets. G was sitting in a set chair next to the director. Both were only a few feet behind me. It would have been impossible for G not to notice his assistant, as I kept making him laugh hysterically. G was hired as an actor but was clearly helping the young director and the cinematographer. His assistant told me that they frequently argued about shots. He asked me if I was controlling in that way. I said that I am not at all visual or observant, and very passive as an actress. So Missa that is why I wasn't paying any attention to G. And I thought that they were just waiting for sunset and the next shot. I believe I talked to his assistant for well over an hour. I'm very sorry I declined his offer to stay, off the clock, and watch G work (act solo in the next shot.)
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 03 Aug 2012, 02:04

So you were an extra on up in the air?? Obviously you knew that George was the actor would you not be on the look out for him? Also I thought on movies the assistants are hired by the studios so this person wouldn't have any information about George other than gossip anyway. Not like it was his personal assistant.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 03 Aug 2012, 02:09

Hmmm, I checked the credits for up in the air and George's assistant is Angel. Seems she is his assistant for pretty much every movie too
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 03 Aug 2012, 02:20

Okay, so let me just make sure I'm clear: a male assistant of George's whom we've never heard of and has never been credited on a film, approached you on a nearly deserted film set to discuss your talents, not a stone's throw from George and the film's director, who is for some reason allowing extras to hang out on his set while he's setting up shots and/or waiting for the sun to set. Seems legit. I should probably let this go but what the heck? A few more questions, if you don't mind: Why do you think George felt the need to "help" the cinematographer, who had been in the field for over fifteen years at that point? Or the director, who had been directing for ten years, and could certainly consult his famous-director father with any questions without giving up his authority over the set? That seems kind of obnoxious, actually. And how did Celine come up in this conversation about your acting ability, especially ten years after the break up? Since there aren't any solo scenes of George in Vegas in the movie (just he and Vera together - and the sun is up), what scene was about to be shot? I'm always curious about scenes that are cut from films.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 02:48

G has MANY assistants, as do all A-listers. Once you work steadily, you get to choose your own on-set assistant. Stars are usually not allowed to drive, handle personal errands (drug store), etc. G's assistant was also helping him out with lines. Much better to have someone who knows you well enough to anticipate your needs. They are not always credited on films. Waldo was also there by the way; he was pointed out to me. I was still "on the clock" and not just "hanging out on the set." We had already filmed the scene that I was in; it was cut. Normal occurrence. It was obvious that G had a very good relationship with both the director and cinematographer. The bigger the star, the more likely he/she is allowed to be involved with the decision making on how a scene is filmed. That's how many actors become actor-directors. I got the feeling that G is rather controlling on set; normal behavior for A-listers from what I've observed. Apparently both had been watching me from when I got to set. In my scene I am sitting alone on a bench relaxing in shorts and a tank top, acting the part of a relaxed tourist. The Bellagio Fountains were behind me; the music had been turned off because of the sound issue. There were a few other SAG extras walking by me that afternoon. I'm often the focus of scenes. Sometimes they get cut and sometimes I'm clearly seen. Once you've had principal roles, it doesn't really matter either way. I'm not really sure why the assistant brought up Celine. But then I don't know why he asked me 90% of the questions that he did. I was just very appreciative to receive his guidance, and glad he thought that I was so funny.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 03 Aug 2012, 03:02

Sorry but I have to call Bullshit. The assistants wouldn't be chit chatting with extra's if the director and leading actor are that close by. I was actually watching them film grown ups 2 a couple of months ago and the extra's go nowhere near the stars unless the camera is rolling. I also find it hard to believe that they named everyone else on the movie including the uncredited actors but failed to mention George's second assistant. This is the same story you use every time to prove your point when you make a judgement on anyone or anything in George's life. In the amount that you claim that assistant has told you you would have to have been talking to him for days. Sorry Davida but I have to call bullshit when I see it.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 03:44

TNMC,
I'm sorry that you don't believe me. I have been on many sets where I was introduced to the stars as part of the scene that we were doing. I've frequently had the director send over an assistant to ask me extensive personal questions. And that's just not on very small sets like UITA. The Russell Brand movie had a huge set. Multiple Academy Award Winner Colleen Atwood, the costume designer, asked me all kinds of things (who am I dating, have I ever been married or had kids,) all recorded, including my feelings about the possibility of working with Brand. Guess that's because I was entertaining the entire cast and crew during our lunch break. As I said, I always get special treatment because I always stand out. Sometimes I get a lot more money, sometimes I just get interrogated by an assistant.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 03 Aug 2012, 03:58

What kind of important guidance could be provided by a person so far down the food chain he doesn't even get credited on the film? It seems he would have been better off following his own "career advice" rather than giving it out. It's like asking the janitor at 30 Rockefeller Center his opinion on how to improve my chances of becoming president of NBC.

As far as the help George gets on the set, I would think all of that would be the provenance of Angel. There's a "making of" documentary about From Dusk Till Dawn in which Amy is shown doing all of those things for George: getting him lunch from Taco Bell, calling him in the morning to wake him up. In fact, the other people on the set ask her about George's sex life, and all she'll cop to is that he's "active"; she refuses to give details, which explains why she's still around. Since Angel moved into Amy's role, I assume those responsibilities are now hers.

Now was George arguing about shots with the director, as you stated earlier, or did they have a good relationship, as you said in the last post? Those two things don't seem conducive to each other.

The really strange thing, and I'm hesitant to point it out only because I can't prove it (HA!), is the scenes you say were cut. IIRC, on the Cookie Crumbs site, there was posted a copy of (or a link to) the script for UITA, which was I think meant to be the shooting script. I read that thing many times over, and I don't remember there ever being scenes at the Bellagio. The scenes in the script were, I believe, set at the Luxor. The only reason it stuck in my craw is that I had recently returned from a trip to Vegas, and was excited that I could picture the location in my head.

One final thought: you were sitting on the bench, and George and the director were just behind you, either waiting for the sun to set or setting up for the last shot, which was to be a solo scene of George. How are you "on the clock" if you are not currently in a scene nor needed for the next scene, which is to be the last of the day? Seems to me like your workday is over, and you're hanging out.

Sorry, our posts overlapped and now I have another final thought: there is absolutely NO overlap between Russell Brand's filmography and Colleen Atwood's. Puzzling, unless multiple academy award winners are also routinely not credited for their work. You would know better than I.

Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 04:49

Missa, G's MANY personal assistants and drivers are all VERY well paid. G has applicants every week contacting him for work, in part because of that fact. LOL that you think that he is "far down in the food chain and couldn't give advice." He wasn't "a kid." And you normally only see one star's assistant credited per project. Angel has far too much work to do to be present on G's sets. And she's not his driver either. Why isn't it possible for G to have a great working relationship with his director and cinematographer and still not be able to get into friendly debates or arguments or how best to shoot a scene? As I said, that's standard practice for A-listers. I was told that Penelope Cruz is very hard to work with because she wants to over control the set, demanding up to 50 takes. G is much more diplomatic. You are "on the clock" until you are released. I have gone into overtime and never been used, in the past. G was not standing behind me when I was sitting on the bench. He was a distance away, I believe on the pedestrian bridge, with the cinematographer and director, shooting the scene. I was sitting on a bench, across Las Vegas Blvd from the Bellagio, with the fountains in the background. I believe that this was an "establishing shot" to show that they were in Vegas. The Bellagio Fountains are a landmark in Vegas; many scenes open up showing them. There was no dialog; G's scene was at dusk, and I declined an invitation to stay, off the clock solely to watch. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen minor scenes added or taken out, changing the script at the last minute. Often pages of dialog are affected. To say that a minor shot isn't in the script, and therefore didn't occur, is ludicrous. And again, it was while we were waiting for the final scene at the end of the day, when G's assistant came over specifically to chat to me personally. G at that time was just a few feet away, sitting next to the director in their set chairs. My back was to them, G's assistant was facing me. I worked with Russel Brand a couple days later in a different movie. Coleen Atwood was the major costume designer for that movie. She is very British, and extremely, painfully shy and I recognized her immediately.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:04

You know what, Davida, I don't know if you're deliberately being obtuse or if you really don't see how the details of your story change from post to post. George is sitting behind you, then he's far away on a bridge, then he's behind you again. It's break time while they set up a shot, then George is actively shooting a scene, then they're not shooting again. George argues about shots and is controlling, then has a great working relationship with the director. I never mentioned anything about the assistant not being paid. I said that someone who hasn't figured out a way to be credited for his work should probably take his own career advice before doling it out. It's weird that Angel would be credited on every film for not doing the job, while the people who are doing it get no mention whatsoever. And again, I ask on what movie you worked with both Russell Brand and Colleen Atwood - it must be top secret, since there's no mention of a film on which they are credited together on IMDB. I can't wait to hear the explanation of how often films are not posted on IMDB, even through pre- and post- production, even years after release, because the cranky star doesn't want them on there. Or better yet, it was never released so we can't prove it ever happened. Yup, I think that last one is my guess.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:37

Ok, time to take a breath here.

Davida obviously believes her story even if it doesn't make one bit of sense to the rest of us. I'm not sure that we can gain much more by digging into it further.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:45

Katiedot wrote:Ok, time to take a breath here.

Davida obviously believes her story even if it doesn't make one bit of sense to the rest of us. I'm not sure that we can gain much more by digging into it further.

Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 15:05

Katiedot,
I just don't know what to say. I've told you before how ridiculous it is that all of you think that G has only ONE assistant. Would ALL of them expect a credit on every movie? I'd be shocked if he has less than half a dozen full-time assistants, as he has so many projects and households to run. And I'm sure they don't want to be bothered by strangers trying to get to G, so they choose to stay anonymous and under the radar. They don't need their own credit on a film. Was Waldo Sanchez credited on UITA? He was there, and I was introduced. I've explained the best that I can the sequence of events on that 8-hour day on the set. I try to keep my posts to the minimum; that's why it might be confusing to some as I have to skimp on many of the details. If I explained how G came to the set, or his look-alike stand-in, my posts could easily run several pages. G was with the director and cinematographer, on the pedestrian bridge crossing Las Vegas Blvd., filming my scene. I was sitting on a bench watching the Bellagio Fountains as other Sag Extras walked by. Then we all had a fab lunch. I was asked to stay with a just a few others, to work in an additional scene. We had a skeleton crew that day, so I would be clearly noticed. Uniformed security and police, along with special tape, blocked the crowd of onlookers. The assistant directly came over to sit across from me for a lengthy chat. At that time G was sitting on his set chair next to the director, who was on his chair. It would be impossible for G to not be aware of our conversation. Afterwards we were released, and they decided that they did not need us for the next scene. Only I was invited to stay, off the clock to watch G work. Regretfully I had to decline. A few days later I worked in "Get Him To The Greek" with Russell Brand." I met and talked extensively to Colleen Atwood, who also recorded all conversations. Those are the basic facts. Most A-listers want to control the set, and the filming. Russell Crowe is famous for having arguments on how the scene should be shot, and not just his scenes. That doesn't mean he isn't friendly with the director and cinematographer. They all go out regularly for drinks after the shoot day. For someone to say that A-lister G is not hired as the director, and doesn't have plenty of input with the cinematographer, is just ridiculous. I'm sure that he watches each scene on the view finder after it's been shot, and makes comments. I guess I'm just completely frustrated trying to explain basic facts that anyone working on small film sets should easily understand.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 03 Aug 2012, 15:31

Davida - I'm sure you're a very nice person and for your own good I think you should stop wasting your time trying to convince us of your association with George and his colleagues. Just like feelings are feelings, your beliefs are your beliefs and neither is wrong.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 15:34

Cindigirl,
Much love for your comments. It's so hard not to be believed.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 03 Aug 2012, 15:36

Davida- I am trying to understand why folks-- like Colleen Atwood --would record conversations. Do they records the conversations of many people they meet casually through their work? For what purpose? Is it even legal to do this?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 15:39

cindigirl wrote:Davida - I'm sure you're a very nice person and for your own good I think you should stop wasting your time trying to convince us of your association with George and his colleagues. Just like feelings are feelings, your beliefs are your beliefs and neither is wrong.

Well said, cindi! I agree.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 03 Aug 2012, 15:50

Thanks Lakin - well, I have my own fantasies about George but I like to keep them in my head to avoid comments.

I used to share with my family but that prompted them to take out a whole slew of photos of George to substantiate their opinion of him being gay, gay, gay. I used to laugh about it now it's pissing me off. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 16:04

Fava,
The conversations with Colleen Atwood were not at all casual. For example she asked me why I wasn't performing at the LA Comedy Store. And again I asked her for career guidance, like I do on every set when any knowledgeable professional compliments my talent. I feel that I'm crawling up a very slippery slope. The more I try to explain, the more I realize my audience doesn't understand some basic facts about the entertainment industry. And I've never needed to fantasize about anything ever.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 16:06

That could be intriguing Cindigirl. I'm sure we would be much nicer about them than your family.lol

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Fri 03 Aug 2012, 16:24

Davida for me it isn't not understanding the entertainment industry. I freely admit I don't. It's that no matter how hard I try I can't find much online about you, and nothing film career wise but the little news segment wedding thing. I understand you say your not computer savvy, but others that work on the same projects would be, and there should be some things online to find. I'm not saying your not telling the truth or that you are. I have my opinion, just like anyone would, but I have no idea for sure.
You don't have to take advice from me, but I agree with Cindigirl as far as quit trying to convince everyone. The general policy here is if you can't prove it then it's just your opinion/fun speculation. I don't have a problem with your comments at all when you are guessing with the rest of us. It when you try to tell us we don't know what we're talking about and you do, but there is never any proof given, that I start to have issues.
I'm really sorry Davida. I'm sure you're feeling very picked on, but I do think it sometimes helps to understand what the problem is.
And I still really like Pastor Tim's jokes.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 03 Aug 2012, 16:32

"I worked with Russel Brand a couple days later in a different movie. Coleen Atwood was the major costume designer for that movie. She is very British, and extremely, painfully shy and I recognized her immediately."
"A few days later I worked in "Get Him To The Greek" with Russell Brand." I met and talked extensively to Colleen Atwood, who also recorded all conversations."

Sorry, Davida, but Colleen Atwood was born in Yakima, Washington USA, and she did NOT do the costumes for Get Him To The Greek.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 03 Aug 2012, 17:38

davidarochelle wrote: I've told you before how ridiculous it is that all of you think that G has only ONE assistant. Would ALL of them expect a credit on every movie?
We'll have to agree to disagree with how many assistants George has. And yes, if you work on a film you get credited. Unless your name is Davida Rochelle of course because you don't seem to be credited on UITA or GHTTG.

davidarochelle wrote: Was Waldo Sanchez credited on UITA?
Yes. He's credited as hair stylist for Mr Clooney - which he is for pretty much all of George's films.

davidarochelle wrote: I have to skimp on many of the details.
I don't see why that would be. If you need to make a long post, then make a long post. Just please remember to use the 'enter' key to put a few spaces in long parts of text to make it easier to read.

davidarochelle wrote: At that time G was sitting on his set chair next to the director,
On set or outside on the street by the Bellagio fountains which was where you said you were? Because I have a hard time seeing George sitting outside in public doing nothing (except eavesdropping on your one hour conversation with his assistant) without someone noticing.

davidarochelle wrote: For someone to say that A-lister G is not hired as the director,
Jason Reitman was the director and he has plenty of experience and balls. Now if you'd said that about Stephen Gaghan, or possibly Anton Corbijn - both first-time directors and with not much Hollywood clout - then you'd have a case.

I also can't figure out why so many influential people not only ask you tremendously personal and in depth questions but also record the conversation. And then apparently share that information. Is that normal?

You've now claimed the Julia Roberts AND Kirstie Alley hate you and have given orders that you can't be hired on their productions. That's quite an achievement for someone who has no credits anywhere. How did you ever come to their attention?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 03 Aug 2012, 20:07

I'm certainly not going to get in the middle of this debate, or offer any comments on anyone's veracity, but take this for what you will:

I've done polishes and touch-ups on several movie scripts, and I'm not credited on any of them. My lone credit on imdb is for a movie that isn't even close to being made. I've also been on small, independent sets where rewrites were required on the spot, and people were asked to hang around if there was the possibility they would be needed -- only to have the rewritten scene completely cut. And it is not at all unusual to have the major talent give input to the director and/or DP, no matter their skill levels or reputation, especially if the talent is A-list and respected as both a director and writer.

This is not an endorsement of anything anyone has said, or a taking of sides; just offering another perspective from personal experience.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Fri 03 Aug 2012, 20:50

Just to add a bit to this extras aren't generally credited in film, and I also know that assistance with writing the screenplay often don't get credited because of the writer's guild- which by the way stinks. Still most others including the accountant, caterer, and hairdressers end up in the credits somewhere unless they don't want to be.

Davida since you like advice I have some to share. I am a signatory with both SAG and Aftra, and you need to stop using your real name on gossip/fan sites - no offense Katiedot. It just doesn't give a great impression. You seem like such an intense fan, and pretty sure with all the crazy stalkers in the world it could hurt your chances for acting jobs.

Also, this all started with some not so flattering comments about Celine, and I have a problem with some of the way Celine and Sarah are portrayed by George's fans. They both came out of nowhere with normal jobs or in Sarah's case sort of normal, and then asked to drop everything for George. Well most of us, if we were their age at the time probably would do that, if we thought we loved him or to just have fun. Neither one is in the public eye anymore so I just think to put a negative motive to their intentions is a bit unfair. The ones that are in the business okay, but those two, it just seems kind of wrong.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 03 Aug 2012, 21:29

noodle wrote:Davida for me it isn't not understanding the entertainment industry. I freely admit I don't. It's that no matter how hard I try I can't find much online about you, and nothing film career wise but the little news segment wedding thing. I understand you say your not computer savvy, but others that work on the same projects would be, and there should be some things online to find. I'm not saying your not telling the truth or that you are. I have my opinion, just like anyone would, but I have no idea for sure.
You don't have to take advice from me, but I agree with Cindigirl as far as quit trying to convince everyone. The general policy here is if you can't prove it then it's just your opinion/fun speculation. I don't have a problem with your comments at all when you are guessing with the rest of us. It when you try to tell us we don't know what we're talking about and you do, but there is never any proof given, that I start to have issues.
I'm really sorry Davida. I'm sure you're feeling very picked on, but I do think it sometimes helps to understand what the problem is.
And I still really like Pastor Tim's jokes.

That's my biggest issue right there. As Katie stated, if you need to write a long post, write a long post. I'm guilty of that myself. All I'm saying is that if the rest of us have to provide copies of and links to information we're using to support our factual arguments, then you need to be able to do the same, or it's invalid.

I don't work in the film industry, that's true. But I have common sense, and I can read. When "facts" change from one post to the next, no matter who's posting, it's fishy. When the few pieces of documented information we can pinpoint contradicts what you've said (Colleen Atwood is neither British nor the costume designer for ANY Russell Brand film EVER), it casts your entire post even more into suspicion.

You use the "George's assistant told me so, so there" argument very frequently, no matter what we are discussing. I find it implausible that three and a half years ago you had an hour long conversation with a heretofore unknown assistant of George's, in which nearly every topic we discuss came up, including deeply personal information. I think maybe for everyone's sake, you should follow the same guidelines as the rest of us: post all the opinions you want, but when you're arguing something as fact, back it up or leave it out.

Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Fri 03 Aug 2012, 21:31

Katiedot, As moderator of this board I would hope you would keep the peace instead of adding fuel to the fire.

Not sure how we went from friendly banter to attacking Davida as she is not attacking anyone on this board. Last time I checked there was an ignore function if you didn't like what someone was saying.
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Fri 03 Aug 2012, 21:38

Davida is not worried about her name do to it not being her real full name, as I believe she has said be for.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 03 Aug 2012, 21:49

Clooneygirl wrote:Katiedot, As moderator of this board I would hope you would keep the peace instead of adding fuel to the fire.

Not sure how we went from friendly banter to attacking Davida as she is not attacking anyone on this board. Last time I checked there was an ignore function if you didn't like what someone was saying.

Is it really attacking someone to expect them to play by the same rules as everyone else? Plus, Davida is very quick to demand proof for comments that we make, even those that are clearly opinions ("Show me one interview where Celine mentions Max..."). What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Fri 03 Aug 2012, 22:22

C'mon Missa, I always love your postings, but this is too much. This isn't a fair fight. None of us can prove or disprove what Davida is saying so I don't really see the point of all of this. She has never said a bad word about anyone on this board. I think part of the problem is she is not as Internet savy as some so she asks a few questions that we don't understand. Let's direct our animosity towards george's g/fs, not each other. Very Happy

Last edited by Clooneygirl on Fri 03 Aug 2012, 22:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sp)
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 03 Aug 2012, 22:45

My last comment: I think it would be good keep in mind that (1) if someone is an actor, it might, IMO, mean that she's much better at face-to-face, physical expression than with written internet postings; and (2) not everyone's memory is stellar or spot-on all the time, and it's possible to forget or misremember details if you've been on lots of sets lots of times with lots of people.

I once swore I'd done work for a famous comedian/actor's production company, completely convinced I was correct in remembering, when in fact it was another comedian he'd been on tour with. Fame doesn't mean that no one will ever blank on your name.

Things are much more entertaining around here when we concentrate on George. Isn't this is supposed to be fun?

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 04 Aug 2012, 02:34

The only thing I will agree with is if we are making statements of fact then they should be supported with links etc WHEN POSSIBLE. Otherwise, it is ALL opinion.

I say when possible because there are times when you can make a factual statement and have no way to prove it. For instance when I've commented about how George looks in person those comments are based on fact as I've been within one foot of him on several occasions at premieres of his films or at events where he's spoken.

And when I say George is much better looking in person - it's based on personal observation, but there is no way I could PROVE that given that there is no way to prove it unless you are there. (If I posted a picture it would still be a picture and not him in person, and believe me, a picture doesn't really capture how good looking he is. I know that sounds contradictory but it's the truth.)

The same goes for Cindy Crawford. That women looks great in photos but in person she is freakin stunning!

As to comments about Celine - I've based mine on what I've read -- especially as I mentioned -- from articles and from now defunct George fan sites that were around during the time of their breakup.

I've never thought her to be a gold digger and I'll continue to think that. Others will disagree. I guess the best we can do is agree to disagree and move on.

I do have one negative comment about Celine though. She was and probably still is a smoker and I think that's too bad because I think she has not aged well because of it.

Celine & George
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I saw a picture of her several years ago and she had such a delicate and clear complexion when she was with George and it was clear that it was no longer the case. I believe that her skin was damaged by her years of smoking IMO.

Celine more recently
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 04 Aug 2012, 02:41

LornaDoone wrote:The only thing I will agree with is if we are making statements of fact then they should be supported with links etc WHEN POSSIBLE. Otherwise, it is ALL opinion.

I say when possible because there are times when you can make a factual statement and have no way to prove it. For instance when I've commented about how George looks in person those comments are based on fact as I've been within one foot of him on several occasions at premieres of his films or at events where he's spoken.

And when I say George is much better looking in person - it's based on personal observation, but there is no way I could PROVE that given that there is no way to prove it unless you are there. (If I posted a picture it would still be a picture and not him in person, and believe me, a picture doesn't really capture how good looking he is. I know that sounds contradictory but it's the truth.)

That's no excuse. I demand that you produce George at each of our homes so that we can verify that he is indeed "much better looking in person", as you claim. You can start at my house, and then I'll take over transporting him, so as not to put too much of a burden on you. Of course, we might get...sidetracked, so don't all of you wait up for us. Love7
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 04 Aug 2012, 02:50

Missa wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:The only thing I will agree with is if we are making statements of fact then they should be supported with links etc WHEN POSSIBLE. Otherwise, it is ALL opinion.

That's no excuse. I demand that you produce George at each of our homes so that we can verify that he is indeed "much better looking in person", as you claim. You can start at my house, and then I'll take over transporting him, so as not to put too much of a burden on you. Of course, we might get...sidetracked, so don't all of you wait up for us. Love7

ROTFLMAO!

Thanks I needed that laugh!

But NOOOO you will not take over transporting him...

If I ever got my hands on him to take him anywhere he would NOT leave my sight!

Don't think I'm not on to your ways Missa! There will be no "Hey George let me show you a great picture that's on my bedroom wall" crap!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next