George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

+49
Saveria
mel01
monaco
HRC2016
premiere
Duffy
Way2Old4Dis
George Fan
amaretti
laetval
fluffy
janieb
waewaewae
Barbara Garabedian
m4rose
FuturoST
theminis
Missa
blubelle
madsky
pattygirl
Henway
rmrmmm
Picachu
Bidbod
cindigirl
very vera
Dior
phys major
LornaDoone
lucy
Mazy
Maggy
Lakin460
Lighterside
lelacorb
Atalante
fava
Joanna
party animal - not!
annemarie
it's me
Best in Category
silly girl
LyndaGirl
NotAvailable
OofOof
watching
Katiedot
53 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

Post by Best in Category Thu 10 Jan 2013, 09:13

Yes Janieb "interesting" things like
domestic violence
traffic accidents
accidents
alcoholism
and all the kids living in those households where adults over indulge...what a childhood!

I am narrow minded and pissed because it´s flat boring day and I am doing tax simulations + it started snowing...

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler will co-star with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford in a new short film for Casamigos

Post by Bidbod Thu 10 Jan 2013, 09:16

I know this has nothing to do with the ad, but I was struck by how beige the bedroom is. I wasn't impressed with the Sixty Minutes segment of George's LA house. And here we are in Mexico with all the warm colours associated with it and George gives us more beige. George's houses need cheered up.

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by waewaewae Thu 10 Jan 2013, 09:57

If George has a thing for Cindy his pride wont allow him to continue his friendship with Rande.

waewaewae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:21

Mm. Think it might be the Studio City, LA home, with the mock-Tudor exposed beams on the corridor ceiling..........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:24

I think it was done in LA too. The photo used for the promo of George and Rande drinking has to be his LA home.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:42

I think he will get negative feedback on it.

I fear too
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:51

I can't see why ?

It's mild tongue in cheek adult humour created by good friends IMO.

We need a bit of light relief in January !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:56

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 10 Jan 2013, 13:03

Keep posting Kim56--always good to have other perspectives!

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 10 Jan 2013, 13:08

great
very well done
IMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 10 Jan 2013, 13:18

It's not as bad as I thought it might be either. I think the production values scream "done quickly"--especially the music editing. I also think it's in the mock tudor, probably a guest room (althought a boring one! Stacy needs to get to work on the decor) Who knows the "based on actual events" comment may have been tongue in cheek. We have seen how these jokes lose in translation to the written word. However, not nearly as clever as the Norwegian bank ad, and if they are going to do real advertising (which they may not as it's big bucks), they need to hire an agency.

Any word on the price point of a bottle of the tequila?

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 10 Jan 2013, 13:24

Here is what I get from the video...don't drink our tiquila or u too will find yourself fufilling your inner most fantasy... For someone who just put his sister on the spot to tell everyone he is not gay, this was a slap in her face..this is not funny not cute and very classless...my gay friends have told me for years the man is bi..this just enforces there comments...
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 10 Jan 2013, 13:49

WOW!!! What a storm in a "T" cup!! Well they could have at least been sitting on eachother or kissing even!!! Humping Just lying there....bar humbug! Now if it had been 3 in a bed with George in the middle... love1 but Rande even had his shirt on! not even night wear!! Was it really worth it, I think after that I need to drink the whole Casamigos bottle..anyone got a straw??!! scratch
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 10 Jan 2013, 13:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:33

George and Cindy look good in bed together .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:36

Joanna wrote:Hasn't he been hinting about a prank that he's been planning
for a long time ?

Maybe this is it ??

That was my first thought Joanna...it's so "in your face" with all the rumors that have been floating around about them, that this is George's tongue in cheek, laughing his ass off answer to the people who think this or write this crap about them. The real question is, is George laughing at us or with us? I think it may be the former!

Last edited by Lighterside on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:41; edited 1 time in total
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:37

Oh me too !

Pardon my avatar.....a Clooney mate sent it to me....
So couldn't resist using it. LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:52

Joanna wrote:

Pardon my avatar.....a Clooney mate sent it to me....
So couldn't resist using it. LOL

ahahahaha...LOVE IT!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 10 Jan 2013, 15:13

Katiedot wrote:
lucy wrote: Does anyone believe George needs a bad influence , Rande, or whoever,
Too true. Years of Clooney observation lead me to conclude the man is perfectly capable of finding his own way into trouble when the mood takes him!

Which is what attracts most women to him in the first place...he's still gorgeous at 51 though he is aging and still a "bad boy"...if you want a "good boy" to follow, might I suggest Tom Hanks as a good choice. I'm sure you won't be "scandalized" by him anytime soon!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 10 Jan 2013, 15:15

Best in Category wrote:Yes Janieb "interesting" things like
domestic violence
traffic accidents
accidents
alcoholism
and all the kids living in those households where adults over indulge...what a childhood!

I am narrow minded and pissed because it´s flat boring day and I am doing tax simulations + it started snowing...

Yes, now an ad with any of those suggestions would just sell a "ton" of the tequila right? LMAO! Great marketing ideas...I think maybe it's time for people to "lighten up" and find their sense of humor chip.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 10 Jan 2013, 15:37

Sorry folks! Don't understand "getting upset" over a commercial that was obviously one of George's "jokes". There was nothing obscene or even inappropriate about that video. It was just plain funny. As Lighterside says - Lighten up and just enjoy George's wry sense of humor. Laughing
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Thu 10 Jan 2013, 15:37

I guess they are implying in that fun video, TEQUILA makes you do wild things. I wonder where it will air? The U.S. is too conservative for that one.

It is ironic talking about responsible drinking then these results are shown. So much for responsible.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 10 Jan 2013, 15:42

George Fan wrote:I guess they are implying in that fun video, TEQUILA makes you do wild things. I wonder where it will air? The U.S. is too conservative for that one.

It is ironic talking about responsible drinking then these results are shown. So much for responsible.

It's not that TEQUILA makes you do wild things, it's that too much of it makes strange things happen. That's why "drink responsibly" is a part of the message.
The implied message is: If you don't overindulge and do act responsibly, this won't happen.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 15:51

It upsets me because if he wanted to raise money for Sudan there would've been much better ways to do it. Sure the video WAS GOOD but, adding on the proceeds will go to Sudan???
i never said i didn't like it. i just think that there are better ways to raise money to help with Sudan.
I have been working on an art project for Sudan for a year and a half just for it to go bust. ( because i don't have a big name I suppose) that's why this upsets me. it upsets me on a personal level.
The video also advocates cheating on your spouse is okay???
I really don't think so
Again, this is mainly upsetting me to me on a personal level. so excuse my rant

thank you

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 10 Jan 2013, 15:53

Did anyone else notice that the only one who appears like this was no drunken mistake in this commercial is Stacy? She looks like she's naked, has a sly smile on her face instead of bewilderment when caught, etc. I find that rather telltale to throw her under the bus so to speak.

Now that I've seen the whole thing, it's clear it's thumbing their nose to all the gossip about them like theminis said. Even if you get the point of the sarcasm, it's a dumb commercial. Not well done, not well acted, not interesting, juvenile. BUT it served it's purpose in bringing attention to their product and at the end of the day, isn't that the bottom line ($$$) and in George's mind, maybe he thinks the last laugh is his. And maybe it is.

Peace, y'all.

Last edited by Lakin460 on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 15:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing mistakes)
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:00

The theme is a bit grubby for me too. I would have preferred to see a gathering for lunch or dinner on the verandah that the paps try to photograph in Mexico, someone on the hammock, the pool, a party, the beautiful beach and then one of the gorgeous sunsets that Stacy likes to photograph. I would have been green with envy.

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:03

Yep, think you could be right, Lakin. The thing is how do you deliver a required legal (and Government?) message that's not boring, with that cast of characters, when you're trying to sell something?

Have to say, it made me chuckle, and the lack of script, and just the looks, with the background music, were the most effective bits for me.

They may have started a trend......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:07

He isn't doing this to raise money for Sudan...they originally designed the tequila because THEY enjoy drinking it...not for any other reason.

Then, when it turned out so well from the distiller, they decided to share it with the public, instead of making it just for themselves.

WHERE does it say they did this to raise money for the So. Sudan? What George DOES say in the short clip is that the money HE makes from this venture will go to aide the Satellite Project, which is HIS pet project...not Rande's. Don't conflate the two as one because nothing could be further from the truth.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:12

I loved it found it very funny. That is George's sense of humor all they way. This is a alcohol commercial why should it be serious. I love the fact he is playing with what is said about them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:17

it feels like i am being yelled at here. i thought this was a place where i could have an opinion.... my bad
i am not confusing the two. if he is taking the money from his alcohol venture to put it into his project he is raising money for Sudan... that's how i see it. that is my OPINION and i am sticking to it

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:17

Ok, why it doesn't really work for me is this: you can only make fun of yourself when people are 100% sure that what you're joking about can't possibly be true. People should be laughing with you, not at you.

The reason this video wasn't that humorous for me was because it's too possibly the truth.

What it was meant to portray was casa + amigos equals a house full of friends sharing this great tequila and ending up falling asleep (no hanky panky) in the wrong beds much to the bemused consternation of others, tee hee hee.

And if it wasn't widely suspected that that's exactly what actually does happen (with or without the hanky panky) between the four of them then it would have been funny.

If they'd ended up in places no one would have expected them to be, then it would have been funny. Credit where credit's due, it was Henway who mentioned George should have woken up in the doghouse with Einstein.

As it is, there's nothing wrong with this promo. It'll get them the news headlines they desire. I just think it's a shame that they did this when it could have been so much better.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:20

very vera wrote:it feels like i am being yelled at here. i thought this was a place where i could have an opinion....
No, this is a place where EVERYONE can share their opinion. This includes people who disagree with you (although no one has). I think you're being way too sensitive. All Lighterside is doing is pointing out that it's only George's part of the money that goes towards the Sudan. She's not disagreeing or shouting at you. She's adding to your point.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:22

sorry for being sensitive but this project i did was my baby and it went KERSPLAT

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:23

The video's subtle humorous message has obviously been
lost on some people.

Ah well ....Such is life....Without a wife...Ten times worse with one.

An old saying here in UK !

VV...just read your rant...no I don't think it's advocating cheating on a spouse at all.....all it shows is good friends in the wrong beds...nothing sexual about it.
I'm sorry your project didn't get off the ground for Sudan.....I remember your efforts well. Hope all your other work is going well for you. flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:29

Joanna wrote:The video's subtle humorous message has obviously been
lost on some people.
Subtle? IMO it's got all the finesse and subtlety of a Carry On film.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:31

I think if they were swapping in real life they wouldn't
refer to this in a fun video....they'd choose another subject.

When single I used to go around with a friend and her husband
and he always introduced us...."This is my wife....and this is my mistress". Because it wasn't true we could all enjoy the joke.
Get it now ?

Katie.....I was referring to the small print...Drink Responsibly.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:37

Joanna wrote:The video's subtle humorous message has obviously been
lost on some people.

Ah well ....Such is life....Without a wife...Ten times worse with one.

An old saying here in UK !

VV...just read your rant...no I don't think it's advocating cheating on a spouse at all.....all it shows is good friends in the wrong beds...nothing sexual about it.
I'm sorry your project didn't get off the ground for Sudan.....I remember your efforts well. Hope all your other work is going well for you. flower

Thank you Joanna. yes, my acting is going really well. i am even writing a script in which will be turned into a movie in the spring that i am also acting in.

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:47

Great......Keep us posted then about that V V ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 10 Jan 2013, 17:01

Yes, but not in this thread, thanks!

Joanna wrote: When single I used to go around with a friend and her husband
and he always introduced us...."This is my wife....and this is my mistress". Because it wasn't true we could all enjoy the joke.
Yep, but in their case I'm not so sure that it is necessarily a joke.

Joanna wrote:Katie.....I was referring to the small print...Drink Responsibly.
Government mandated message on all alcoholic advertising. Still not all that funny.

Anyway, I'll tell you one good thing about this: it's been such an absolute joy to have spent the past two days talking with fans about George Clooney. Granted it hasn't all been positive but it's just been so nice to get pictures of him and look forward to getting new pictures soon and talk about him and his motivations and what he's up to and how it makes us feel. It's been George, George, George all the way and I've really missed that. This has been so much fun.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 10 Jan 2013, 17:14

Yes I agree Katie.....the drought has lifted....for a while.

Hope it's helped get the phlegm off your chest ? Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 10 Jan 2013, 17:23

My, we are a sanctimonious bunch, aren't we?

I'm a non-drinker. I'm well past fifty. I'm straight, though men no longer impress me that much. I'm far from rich.

I am not in the target audience. My guess is, neither are most of the people here. The ad is aimed at male drinkers who relate themselves to rich, jet-setting, good-looking (?, for one of them) men whose lifestyle affords them the "fun" opportunity to drink their own brand of tequila to such excess that they wind up in bed with yet another of the Pretty People. It's made by people who can laugh at what's said about them because nobody's opinion figures in how they get to conduct their lives. I also think it's a big "Eff you" to anyone who thinks "gay" means "immoral."

If it's funny and gets people to buy the product, it has done its job. Clooney using his share for the ASP is gravy; he's not required to be philanthropic. If we're going to be judgmental about messages and professional conduct, there are plenty of corporate welfare cheats, environmental criminals, and civic bullies who grin and sell their products while hastening the demise of a safe and equitable society. Aim your wrath that way, I say. A fun tequila spoof ad should just be taken for what it is: Booze. Friends. Fun. Don't drink too much.

JMHO.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Thu 10 Jan 2013, 17:23

Dopey was the word that came to my mind when I watched it. May not have been the worst ad I've seen, but it was short of mediocre for me. Definitely wasn't GC's finest work by a long shot.

What I don't quite understand is the timing of it. I get that they're trying to drum up publicity for marketing and distribution purposes this week in conjunction with their roadshow, but they had to have known that it would get buried under all the award shows and nominations happening this week - or maybe that was the plan? Seems counter-intuitive to me though. Can't see it as something to help publicity for Argo either, as it has nothing to do with it. Might even hinder it slightly this week, because if GC goes to the Globes on Sunday night and does the red carpet, odds are good he'll be asked first about the tequila thing before the Argo questions start. Might seem a tad disrespectful to some.

Duffy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 10 Jan 2013, 17:28

"ASP" should be "SSP." I'm on a Kindle, which shouldn't be used for typing by anyone over the age of forty-five.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 10 Jan 2013, 17:38

very vera wrote:it feels like i am being yelled at here. i thought this was a place where i could have an opinion.... my bad
i am not confusing the two. if he is taking the money from his alcohol venture to put it into his project he is raising money for Sudan... that's how i see it. that is my OPINION and i am sticking to it

Sorry vera...no you weren't being "yelled at" by me. I was trying to "clarify" the reason the tequila was created and trying to avoid another rumor being started about it. You'd be surprised how fast things get around once posted here whether it's the truth or not.

Thanks Katie!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 10 Jan 2013, 17:43

Way 2, Sorry but i respectfully disagree with you but let's just agree to disagree.
They made the video knowing it was going to get critiqued and respond to and some people will not like it and they will have to understand that. i thought the video was entertaining but lacked some of the morals involved. they really should have just made the video just for themselves and not made it public. i t seems like something they did just for fun to me, i agree with you there

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 10 Jan 2013, 17:46

Duffy wrote:What I don't quite understand is the timing of it. I get that they're trying to drum up publicity for marketing and distribution purposes this week in conjunction with their roadshow, but they had to have known that it would get buried under all the award shows and nominations happening this week - or maybe that was the plan? Seems counter-intuitive to me though. Can't see it as something to help publicity for Argo either, as it has nothing to do with it. Might even hinder it slightly this week, because if GC goes to the Globes on Sunday night and does the red carpet, odds are good he'll be asked first about the tequila thing before the Argo questions start. Might seem a tad disrespectful to some.

Excellent points, Duffy! Enjoyed your post!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 10 Jan 2013, 17:54

Me too Duffy, that is exactly what I have been thinking. As Lakin said "good post"....

My other question is where will this be seen? Although I guess I should move this to the video thread..... Are they going to air this as a regular commercial or is just for their website and the internet?

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 10 Jan 2013, 18:02

Lighterside wrote:
domestic violence
traffic accidents
accidents
alcoholism

Yes, now an ad with any of those suggestions would just sell a "ton" of the tequila right? LMAO! Great marketing ideas...I think maybe it's time for people to "lighten up" and find their sense of humor chip.

marketing ideas? Those were not, but I have something in mind
First! Where´s the market?
Second! What kind it is, difficult to enter, general attitude etc.?
Third! Can we do it?

For the hard liquor one very good market is Russia (and later the neighboring countries). Not US. They have a long tradition of drinking and do not need much advertisement to push them do so.
So the market is very big and welcoming. You just have to convince them to change vodka to tequila. This can be achieved by effective pricing.
One way to do it is (now that french actors are getting citizenships there) and Putin has been willing to meet them in person: to send George there, to sit down with him and have a little drink to lessen (possible) differences in their characters. And discuss how this tequila hits all the shelves there. And the rest is history Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 10 Jan 2013, 18:11

annemarie wrote:I loved it found it very funny. That is George's sense of humor all they way. This is a alcohol commercial why should it be serious. I love the fact he is playing with what is said about them.

Hello Stacy! You must be her Very Happy

What was the alcohol in that commercial - can´t recall.
Then what is said about them? I haven´t heard a thing!

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 10 Jan 2013, 18:27

domestic violence
traffic accidents
accidents
alcoholism

Gotta agree with best.

You know like many I've followed George for a long time and I've railed about some of his past shenanigans but this one just really pisses me off.

I think it's sleazy because it IS about another man's wife.

I guess my Victorian attitude that when you make a commitment to marry someone it means you commit to only them and they mocking it (even in "fun" from their perspective) ticks me off to no end. The fact that it has to potential to blow up in their faces is incidental cause it's their reputation to lose and their reputation to try to repair.

Seriously, what the fuck was Cindy thinking when she agreed to this? She's supposed to have an image of savvy model and businesswoman who is also a caring mother and wife. And this makes her look fucking sleazy too. Yea, let me buy some of that sleaze's face cream! Stacy is just a bimbo who wouldn't know how to say no to anything that might make her look bad, but Cindy, have you lost your fucking mind?

Of all the ways they could have come up with to get across the drink responsibly message they use this? Frankly, I think the message gets lost in the uproar and disgust I and others like me feel about the way they've done this.

And as Best pointed out - a lot of shit can happen when you drink including domestic violence.

This past Christmas in Los Angeles there were hundreds of calls to LAPD and LAFD because of dometic violence -- which I'm sure a lot was fueled by drinking.

I guess George doesn't care what message he sends as long as he makes money from it. And his "Yes, but I'm doing it for Sudan Satellite" doesn't make it any better. In fact, for me, it makes it worse.

I've got to stop going into these threads about this topic cause I've gotten much too agitated about this and royally pissed off that George and crew would actually think this shit was funny.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next