George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
SECRET SANTAS! EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
SECRET SANTAS! EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
SECRET SANTAS! EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
SECRET SANTAS! EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
SECRET SANTAS! EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
SECRET SANTAS! EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
SECRET SANTAS! EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
SECRET SANTAS! EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
SECRET SANTAS! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

SECRET SANTAS!

+5
melbert
theminis
bunny
Maggy
suebee
9 posters

Go down

SECRET SANTAS! Empty SECRET SANTAS!

Post by suebee Wed 19 Dec 2012, 00:33

Last year Occupy Wall Street was strong and thriving for many different reasons that America needed, yet I was afraid it would die down when the hoopla died down and we would become complacent again. One good thing that came out of it was anonymous people going into KMART's across the Country and paying off someone else's lay-a-way without the receipient knowing until they showed up to pay and pick up their stuff. Maybe this year if anyone can afford to do it, why not do it in honor of the children and adults who died last Friday. Let's face it, if it is on lay-a-way, money in the house is short. So it would help make another child you will never meet, yet know make happy in honor of a child who died a senseless death.

suebee
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

SECRET SANTAS! Empty Re: SECRET SANTAS!

Post by suebee Wed 19 Dec 2012, 00:39

Oh and how this ties into George, I have no physical proof but believe it was he who started the ball rollling last year.......in many things I didn't know, up till now. So to you Mr. Clooney, I say thank you for all those little things that no one notices or sometimes has to be hit in the head to see for themselves....your humility is your greatest attribute, even more than your good looks and sexy self.....it's your heart and soul in all you do.....bless you...if you ever read these sights...

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 19 Dec 2012, 00:45

Or you could go to the poorest neighborhood's church and drop off toys.

Stay around and watch how all the children jump in delight.
You will cry when you find out that your gift is the only gift some of them will receive.

Last edited by Maggy on Wed 19 Dec 2012, 00:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add "church")
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 19 Dec 2012, 00:47

suebee wrote:Oh and how this ties into George, I have no physical proof but believe it was he who started the ball rollling last year.......in many things I didn't know, up till now. So to you Mr. Clooney, I say thank you for all those little things that no one notices or sometimes has to be hit in the head to see for themselves....your humility is your greatest attribute, even more than your good looks and sexy self.....it's your heart and soul in all you do.....bless you...if you ever read these sights...
Thanks for bring that up Suebee, I didn't know that.

Bless his heart I love you
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Wed 19 Dec 2012, 00:52

go for it Maggy,
I pray when the crack heads see the stuff they d not run go beat up the child in the street so they could hustle the toy for some crack...I think Occupy Wall Street had the right idea so I will stick with their cue like last year..... stimulated the economy too. The sole purpose as stated in bible is for the recepient not t ever be known, like the right hand not know what the left hand does.

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 19 Dec 2012, 00:57

Right, I meant at their local church :-)

I'll make the correction. Silly me, I wouldn't stick around :-D
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Wed 19 Dec 2012, 01:19

That is an awesome idea Suebee. My friends and I just bought and dropped off a car load of boots, clothes and blankets to a homeless shelter last weekend.

The layaway idea is another great way to make a big impact for a family at the holidays.

Last edited by bunny on Wed 19 Dec 2012, 01:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling - Yikes I need spell check everywhere in my life)
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Wed 19 Dec 2012, 01:47

it was phenonomal last year...so cool, had know idea it was happening, as I don't do holiday stuff, but in past I would leave things on door steps if I heard someone wanted something or if you are in drive thru pay for the person behind you as the order would have already been made and then drive off....that secret santa thing last year probably kept me alive just reading each day how many people were blown away when they went to pay for their children's toys....sometimes holidays are not happy times for those who may suffer depression.

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 19 Dec 2012, 01:58

http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t2849p100-december-chit-chat#107416
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 19 Dec 2012, 01:58

One idea that many of our major retailers have done for several years is that they display a huge Christmas Tree inside their stores, along with decorations/lights, on each branch hangs a large gift tag with the child's name/age and the gift they are wishing for. You take a tag off the tree and purchase the gift, its wrapped by the store and placed under the tree, to be given to them Christmas Eve. One of the stores in particular invites all the children (after hours) to receive their gift from Santa, its a beautiful thing to give a child the promise of Santa.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 19 Dec 2012, 02:02

This is all wonderful, but it should not be in the Girls, Girls, Girls section. I'm sure Katie will move it.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 19 Dec 2012, 02:08

I saw those trees in Texas's malls, they had them at every entrance.

Great idea.

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Wed 19 Dec 2012, 02:19

Those are angel trees I think. sorry do wrong thread I am new to this and hit new topic, my bad. I did not grow up with computers.

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Dec 2012, 05:48

believe it was he who started the ball rollling last year......

what does it mean...?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 19 Dec 2012, 06:08

it's me wrote:believe it was he who started the ball rollling last year......
what does it mean...?
I'd like to know more, too.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 19 Dec 2012, 09:03

"Started the ball rolling" IM ?
It just means started it all off...like a ball starting to roll.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Wed 19 Dec 2012, 16:32

thanks joanna!

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Wed 19 Dec 2012, 16:41

@Katie, as I stated I have no physical proof and not sure if you are American or not, doesn't matter either way but America had a bit of an uprising politically speaking in 2011, ie. Occupy Wall Street became the average citizen jane and john Doe started speaking up about things and as Americans from years back we the people have usually been the first most time when a smaller Country may have needed our support, financially or militarially. So last fall 2011, people in USA started doing what all we the people should have been doing all a long, showing kindness and good will toward strangers and our neighbors. I don't know for a fact but for some reason I felt GC may have noticed what was happening since he is know for his humanitarian spirit but also for his political passion. He would to me be someone who may have helped from behind the scenes, that's all I meant. I just thought about how my life has changed in just this one short year, while I sat at my laptop at Wendys and remembered visiting occupy wall street during the Holidays and other places, and remembered the secret Kmart Santas. There were none going to Wal-Mart as I think there was some issue or no lay-a-ways there or maybe we the people liked Kmart more for some reason..hahahahahaha! Anyway, hope I answered the question, not trying to imply I know Mr. Clooney or what he does with what charity, I just could see him doing something in this manner, thats all....

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Wed 19 Dec 2012, 16:48

what I would like to know is what's up with the green thumbs and why do some get them and others don't? I am new to forums so to speak and grew up in an age where computers were type writers, yikesssssss! and do not do office work so somethings are a bit foreign to me so I apologize.

I know some probably want to give me a thumbs down for sentences, that have a life of their own. I like to push the envelope so to speak and not color within the lines, my thoughts scare others at times as I am so out of box thinking that it only makes sense to me and the world I have created myself to live in.....PEACE!

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 19 Dec 2012, 17:27

suebee wrote:what I would like to know is what's up with the green thumbs and why do some get them and others don't? I am new to forums so to speak and grew up in an age where computers were type writers, yikesssssss! and do not do office work so somethings are a bit foreign to me so I apologize.

I know some probably want to give me a thumbs down for sentences, that have a life of their own. I like to push the envelope so to speak and not color within the lines, my thoughts scare others at times as I am so out of box thinking that it only makes sense to me and the world I have created myself to live in.....PEACE!

The green thumbs or "greenies" are given by one poster to another if they particularly like or agree with what has been written.
The amount of "greenies" each person gets is totalled as shown as
"Clooney-liciousness"

I've given you a greenie now to start you off ! Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 20 Dec 2012, 06:00

someone who may have helped from behind the scenes

interesting....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 26 Dec 2012, 20:13

LAPD has moved up their gun buy-back program to today (Dec 26th) in light of the tragedy in Newtown. It's usually done in May but they said with the public awareness that they felt they would do better have the buy-back now.

They say they are getting so many guns turned in that they may run out of the gift cards that they are giving out in exchange for the guns.

Anyone who turns in an assault rifle will get a $200 gift card and any other guns will get a $100 gift card.

They accept the guns no questions asked, no ID requested.

The guns are melted down to make things like rebar. (I think that's how it spelled.)

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down