George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members'

+8
NotAvailable
it's me
Vi
Best in Category
Maggy
OofOof
silly girl
Katiedot
12 posters

Go down

Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' Empty Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members'

Post by Katiedot Wed 14 Nov 2012, 12:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On Wednesday, a new Sexiest Man Alive will be announced by People magazine, ending Silver Linings Playbook star Bradley Cooper’s one-year reign.

The actor appeared on the Today Show on Tuesday, where he talked to Matt Lauer about how he will spend his last hours in the coveted title, which was once taken by George Clooney, Brad Pitt and many others.

"This is a very important day in your life for another reason. This is the last official day of your reign unless you somehow repeat," Lauer told Cooper on the show this morning, E! Online reports.

"You know, I was talking to Bloomberg last night, and I said, 'How can I pull this off?'" Cooper laughed. "I said, 'Teach me, oh wise one.'"

So how will he spend his last hours as the Sexiest Man Alive?

“I think it was instituted back with [George] Clooney, but there's a whole decompression you go through," Cooper joked. "After this, I get whisked away to somewhere in Wisconsin, and they talk me down for about a week."

"Somehow I don't think it's you alone in this room," Lauer said, with Cooper adding, "I think Matt Damon runs it now.”

The Things They Say: 3371331

"I think it was instituted back with (George) Clooney, but there's a whole decompression you go through.

After this, I get whisked away to somewhere in Wisconsin, and they talk me down for about a week... I think Matt Damon runs it now."

Actor Bradley Cooper jokes about stepping down as People magazine's 2012 Sexiest Man Alive.

The new 2013 titleholder will be unveiled on Wednesday (14Nov12).

‘Silver Linings Playbook’ Star Bradley Cooper Jokes About His Last Day as Sexiest Man Alive: ‘We Do a Retreat’

November 13, 2012

What do you do on after your last day as the sexiest man alive? Bradley Cooper joked, “We do a retreat, we have a retreat that we go on. [George] Clooney runs it. We go up to Lake Tahoe.”

Speaking with Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan on Live with Kelly and Michael Tuesday, Ripa then continued to joke that maybe there’s a chance he could repeat. However, it was reported last week that Channing Tatum will take the title from Cooper when People hits the news stands on Wednesday.

Earlier in the morning, Cooper joked with Matt Lauer on NBC’s Today, “There’s a whole decompression. After this I get whisked away to somewhere in Wisconsin and they talk me down for a week. I think Matt Damon started it. “

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' Empty Re: Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members'

Post by silly girl Wed 14 Nov 2012, 13:17

That is so funny.... wonder if it was off the cuff or if he had planned the response. Oh and the report was correct Channing Tatum is the new Sexiest Man Alive for 2012. CT is on a roll---guess he is the new "it" guy!

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members' Empty Re: Bradley Cooper: "George Clooney instigated the 'sexiest man alive retreat for retiring members'

Post by OofOof Wed 14 Nov 2012, 17:20

I just don't get the CT love affair. He plays the same character in every movie--it's like he's reading his lines in that dull voice of his--and then there's his face and those slitty eyes! He seems like a really decent guy but why he became a "star" is beyond me. Saw Magic Mike and let's just say he didn't tingle my insides. A friend of mine keeps telling me to close my eyes and forget his face but...
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 14 Nov 2012, 18:11

OofOof wrote:I just don't get the CT love affair. He plays the same character in every movie--it's like he's reading his lines in that dull voice of his--and then there's his face and those slitty eyes! He seems like a really decent guy but why he became a "star" is beyond me. Saw Magic Mike and let's just say he didn't tingle my insides. A friend of mine keeps telling me to close my eyes and forget his face but...
I so agree with you. I just don't see anything.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 14 Nov 2012, 19:22

I don´t either. Blaah.

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Wed 14 Nov 2012, 19:39

nice avatar maggy
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 14 Nov 2012, 19:48

Vi wrote:nice avatar maggy
Thanks, Vi.

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 14 Nov 2012, 22:01

I love you
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 14 Nov 2012, 23:26

IM, do you make those image yourself? They are quite good. Smile
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 15 Nov 2012, 02:02

CT with his slitty eyes should hook up with Renee Zellweger!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:26

I really dont find CT attractive at all. He's very plain looking and has a very trailer park air about him. Nothing that makes me tingle that's for sure. Also the fact that he used to be a stripper is a huge turn off for me. Nasty!!!! I was watching TMZ and none of the women thought that he was attractive most seemed to think Ryan Gosling should have gotten it.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:35

I saw TMZ also....do you ever watch TMZ Live online? Fun to watch. I loved how they surmised that the only reason RG doesn't get it is because he won't play the game...more power to him.....

(I would love to see a TV actor get it once in awhile too)

Last edited by silly girl on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar---I really need to edit before I hit send)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:38

I do watch it from time to time I think it's really funny. Love the dynamics in the office. And I agree more power to Ryan for not playing into the media circus. They did also mention the amount of movies CT has coming out and how they really plays into the game too. There are so many other actors both tv and movie more deserving of the title thats for sure.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:01

[This is new the sexy man alive? Oh my God, this for my is only man!

img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:26

IMO People Magazine must have lowered their standards for sexiest man alive. I think he looks like a dork in that suit. Although I think he might look better shirtless. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:34

I know many men more sexy than Channing Tatum (will also have a nice body but it is not even a little sexy) ........... even if no one is better than George!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:39

Shirtless from his stripper days. Still not doing it for me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:42

Thanks for the pic lela - it looks like he's going for the Clooney smile, but it's not working. Maybe if he had his ears pinned back a little!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 15 Nov 2012, 22:56

Yep! He's not doing it for me either. Seems like every movie this year had him in it and that's enough for me not to go! Same with Justin Timberlake. Why they shove him down our throats is beyond me. Not many George's out there...Ryan has a bit of his sexy quality but not completely.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down