George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine

+3
silly girl
melbert
laetval
7 posters

Go down

George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine Empty George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine

Post by laetval Mon 12 Nov 2012, 19:57

George Clooney steps outside the Hollywood hype box to speak exclusively with OMEGA Lifetime about his hard-knocks experience and round-the-clock career. Read more in the new issue dedicated to the movie industry and James Bond.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

'Quintessentially George Clooney'. Read the article in the new OMEGA Lifetime, The Movie Edition:

THE MOVIE EDITION
This edition of Lifetime, OMEGA’s exclusive lifestyle magazine, is dedicated to the movie industry and the world’s best-known secret agent: Bond. James Bond.

Edition 10

OMEGA is proud of its supporting role in every James Bond film since GoldenEye in 1995. In SKYFALL, the 23rd film in the franchise, 007 sports the OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean 42mm, and we are once again thrilled to help Bond take on his next onslaught of villains.

The stories and articles in this edition are intriguing and uncover some of the mysteries behind the magic of movie making and the characters that light up the silver screen. Award-winning actors George Clooney, Nicole Kidman and Abhishek Bachchan featured on the pages in this magazine give readers behind-the-scenes insight to the transformations that make the characters and films we love truly come to life.

In “Nobody Does It Better”, Empire’s editor-at-large Nev Pierce captures the rugged nature of the tuxedo-donning 007 and award-winning actor Daniel Craig who brings something new to his role as James Bond in the upcoming SKYFALL.

The newest Bond actress Bérénice Marlohe graces the magazine’s pages in the pictorial “One Night in Shanghai”. Photographer Bruno Dayan has captured the French actress at the Swatch Art Peace Hotel on The Bund in Shanghai.

This star-studded edition not only serves as a tribute to the enchanting movie industry but also shares with readers the latest and most exciting adventures as our pioneering spirit take flight internationally with Solar Impulse. OMEGA’s exquisite timepieces also take centre stage and inside this issue of Lifetime, watch-enthusiasts will find articles featuring the Aqua Terra GMT, the De Ville Chronograph and the launch of an innovative world premiere, Ceragold™.

The Movie Edition of Lifetime is filled with captivating stories that will be eagerly received not only by fans of OMEGA and James Bond but by anyone drawn to the charm of a magnificent cinematic experience.

Available in your nearest OMEGA Boutique

Last edited by Katiedot on Tue 13 Nov 2012, 04:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine Empty Re: George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine

Post by melbert Mon 12 Nov 2012, 20:17

Thanks Laetval! YUMMY!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine Empty Re: George Clooney interview in the last Omega lifetime magazine

Post by silly girl Mon 12 Nov 2012, 20:25

So we can only get the magazine if we go to their shop? When do you think the interview will be online? Thanks too by the way!

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 12 Nov 2012, 20:34

Sounds interesting. Hope it really does have articles about behind the scenes movie making. THAT would be interesting.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 13 Nov 2012, 05:46

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 24 Nov 2012, 03:32

The magazine is free on iTunes should anyone wish to download and copy it somehow!

George Clooney shares many words of wisdom -- on fame, success, failure-- in his interview for Omega's Lifetime magazine (he's a spokesman). He also talks about his upcoming "Gravity" directed by Alfonso Cuaron (he gushes over the "Children of Men" filmmaker and says co-star Sandra Bullock is "off-the-charts great"). Clooney's next directing project, the caper heist film "The Monuments Men," has a tone similar to "The Great Escape" and "Bridge Too Far." As he looks back at his career highs and lows and considers the view forward, he's committed to pushing boundaries. And aging doesn't bother him: "I have two options," he says; "Get old or die!"

More highlights from his interview below:

On fame, success and failure:

"I was 34 before [fame] hit. And I'd failed a lot. And having failed a lot I understood how lucky success was. Because it's not just about your brilliance. Luck has a huge hand it in. I think the reason why a lot of young people are such screw ups,..is oftentimes they didn't have the luxury I had of forming important relationships and opinions and life experiences before having success."

"Fame can be very dangerous, because you can start to enjoy that part of it. And that's not the good part of what I do for a living. The good part is the making of films. The unpleasant part is the fame part, if you're not careful."

"If you actually lived the life that people hand to you, it'd be fantastic. Of course, no one actually is what those images are portrayed. I do happen to have a good life,..But I also like to work. I feel like I got the brass ring and I got very lucky in this. Most people don't get this opportunity and I feel like because I have this opportunity I want to do as many things as I can to push as many limits as I can until they say I can't. And they will say I can't."

On "The Monuments Men":

"It really is a fascinating story. I was an amazing, massive theft of everything. And planned! The thought [of Hitler] was, 'I;m gonna build the largest museum in the world, then I'm gonna steal all the art and I'm going to fill it,..it's also a very good lesson in what we didn't do in Iraq. This isn't a political film at all, but the fact that we let them just loot the museum and all the history. It's very hard to let go of all your history. It hurts your soul. Art really does represent that."

On Alfonso Cuaron's "Gravity":

"It's two people floating in space. It's really high concept and it'll either be an amazing film or just awful! I think it's gonna be unbelievably beautiful and an unbelievably great movie. And Sandra Bullock is off-the-charts great,..She's so good in the movie. I think it's gonna be a beautiful, beautiful film. But it's a big risk. To have Alfonso basically saying, 'I'm gonna put you you guys in space suits and make this a story about survival and really about your own sort of persona journey.' I think it's a very brave film,..I love, love, love, love Alfonso. There's a guy who truly is an artist."

On confidence:

"I certainly direct with confidence even if i'm not confident. I learned early on as an actor that confidence can be faked and its not always a terrible thing to do. A lot of times if people feel you're confident than they're confident."

On his "rule" for making movies:

"My role in making films now is to try and only make films that I'd be interesting in going to see. That's my rule. It doesn't always mean the film ends up being the film that I would go and see! But at least I start out with that theory."

Download it HERE
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 24 Nov 2012, 04:21

That picture - just WOW!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 24 Nov 2012, 06:38

melbert wrote:That picture - just WOW!!!!
Finger licking GOOD I love you
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 24 Nov 2012, 11:57

I like what he says in that interview. It instinctively tells me that
he's the man I've always thought he was, both professionally and personally, over the many years that I've been following him.
So...stuff what the gossips and naysayers say !

That's my personal opinion of course. flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 24 Nov 2012, 12:50

I've downloaded it but there's no way I can copy the interview with George onto here. So sorry.

It's a brilliant app though !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 24 Nov 2012, 13:35

Is this the whole article? Is there more to it? I am a fan of his work and work ethic but he has said some things in the past that I don't always agree with. I think he is basically a good man but with the usual flaws.

thanks for posting oh and yes this is a very nice photo......

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum