George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat

+8
Lighterside
OofOof
Joanna
melbert
cindigirl
Katiedot
it's me
silly girl
12 posters

Go down

Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    Empty Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat

Post by silly girl Sun 11 Nov 2012, 16:34

I can't believe someone actually said this( I am not copying the whole thing because the end of the article was a bit disturbing. I thought this funny at first but then got a funny feeling about it)

Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat

By: Hrafnkell HaraldssonNovember 10th, 2012see more posts by Hrafnkell Haraldsson

So the Republicans have been shocked into disbelief if not into silence by President Obama’s re-election. Impossible as it was for them to believe a black man could inhabit the White House as anything other than a butler or gardener, they are having even more problem understanding how he could have been re-elected. They had managed to convince themselves that it was all a terrible mistake that would be righted when 2012 came along.

Of course, it had not been a mistake. Obama carried women by a wide margin. In some areas he lagged behind his 2012 accomplishments: Jewish support fell from 78 percent in 2008 to 69 percent in 2012; support of the “nones” – religiously unaffiliated voters – fell from 75% in 2008 to 70% in 2012. But when you consider that the only demographic Romney had – white Evangelicals – account for only one-quarter of the electorate and one-quarter of these voters do not feel abortion should always be illegal…Well, you see where the problems lie.

As Rachel Maddow, Jon Stewart, and others have quipped, do the math.

But conservatives do not want to do the math. They look for the most bizarre explanations they can find to rationalize their collective delusion. So we find Tim Wildmon, the president of the American Family Association (AFA) – Bryan Fischer’s boss – and his research director, Ed Vitagliano, getting together with Joseph Farah of World Net Daily to talk about the impossible and their inability to comprehend our shared reality.

Fortunately, they didn’t do it in secret and Right Wing Watch was there to listen and to share.

As I said, unable to comprehend basic math, the conservatives have come up with all sorts of theories, including what was, up until now, their deepest thought yet: because people want stuff and Obama will give them stuff. Karl Rove even insisted Obama had suppressed the vote! How? By saying bad things about Mitt Romney.

Yes, the Republican Party is the Party of choice for rapists but it is also the party of those with the collective wisdom, knowledge, and emotional development of a third grader.

And as if to prove that assessment, Wildmon, Vitagliano, and Farah, dove even deeper into the human psyche than Karl Rove and all those others since Election Day. This trio of braniacs has concluded that Obama was re-elected not because of any allure of “stuff,” but because we are as shallow as they themselves. They think we voted for Obama because George Clooney did.

Here is the logic as expressed by Vitagliano: “I love George Clooney, George Clooney loves President Obama, therefore I love President Obama.’”

Joseph Farah, whose World Net Daily is a celebration shallow thought (and the dollar sign), said that Hollywood is “bombarding” Americans with “unconstitutional” and “ungodly” ideas (I dunno, even Hollywood can’t come up with the bizarro story lines WND does on a daily basis). Farah complained that law schools don’t teach the Constitution anymore, by which, presumably, he means the Bible.

On the other hand, I haven’t seen a Republican lately who would know the Constitution if it fell on him.

Do these three men have a solution? Of course not. Rethinking their position is not a possibility because like every religious fanatic since Moses, they think they’re doing God’s will. They can’t possibly be wrong. They can’t have lost beause their platform sucked.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    Empty Re: Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat

Post by it's me Sun 11 Nov 2012, 17:17

Suspect
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat    Empty Re: Republicans are Blaming George Clooney for Mitt Romney’s Defeat

Post by Katiedot Sun 11 Nov 2012, 17:30

Ah George Clooney, the man who can persuade an entire nation to vote against their will but couldn't get them to buy a ticket to see Leatherheads . . .
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 11 Nov 2012, 17:52

Katiedot wrote:Ah George Clooney, the man who can persuade an entire nation to vote against their will but couldn't get them to buy a ticket to see Leatherheads . . .

Cynical, funny, sarcastic and SO TRUE. Thanks Katie for the best laugh I got today.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 11 Nov 2012, 17:58

Well, George is the ONLY reason I voted for President Obama!!! I thought that was everybody's reason. NOT!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 11 Nov 2012, 18:00

Well, the Republicans had to blame somebody, didn't they?

They don't want to admit it's their own poor policies and lies during the campaign.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 11 Nov 2012, 18:21

Good one Katie...but I love Leatherheads...Lol

Didn't buy a ticket though but bought the DVD.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 11 Nov 2012, 18:36

Katie! You made me laugh despite it being a crummy day so far! Gotta love the far right. It's not their policies or message that turned people off...it's their "messaging" and, this one I really LOVE...in Karl Roves words, Voter suppression on Obama's part. American politics at it's best.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 11 Nov 2012, 19:06

Katiedot wrote:Ah George Clooney, the man who can persuade an entire nation to vote against their will but couldn't get them to buy a ticket to see Leatherheads . . .

LMAO...now that's funny!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 11 Nov 2012, 20:02

this shows only their
lack
of brain
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sun 11 Nov 2012, 20:45

Ditto to everything posted on this thread so far!
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 11 Nov 2012, 21:25

Brahahahahaha! Oh my I stared choking I was laughing so much on this one! Good show katiedot!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 11 Nov 2012, 21:36

and that Robert Murray?
I read he dismissed many ppl
bec of Obama re election!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 11 Nov 2012, 22:59

So Mr> Murray says. Papa John's founder is now saying he'll decrease his employee's hours because Obama got re-elected. Please! They're saving themselves some money so that they can pay themselves more. It is the most disgusting illustration of greed I've seen in a long time! Papa John's founder is apparently against ensuring his employees have health insurance.

I own a small biz and employee a few people. Health insurance is killing me but I refuse to not cover the people who work for me. I can't wait until the meat of Obamacare kicks in because I think it will save me some money but provide my employees and me with better coverage.

I just don't get the nastiness of some of these people!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 12 Nov 2012, 14:01

I never liked Papa John's Pizza and I always thought "Papa John" showcasing himself in his "we make the best pizza cause I said so" commercials were the most self aggrandizing I have ever seen.

Now that he's letting people go tells me he doesn't give a shit about his staff nor his customers because with less people it will most probably bring less service.

Let him and his ego shoot himself in the foot. I'm sure he's such a peach to work for too.

I think he probably did those folks a favor if he works with them the way he's coming across with his "Obama got elected so I don't want to play" attitude.

A more creative owner/manager would find a way to INCREASE their business to compensate for the higher cost. But what I've found is too many owners have started with a flawed business model and don't have the brains or inclination to get past their own greediness to fix it.

OofOof your employees are very lucky that they have you and I do hope your costs will go down once all of the components of the healthcare law kick in.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 12 Nov 2012, 16:31

OofOof wrote:So Mr> Murray says. Papa John's founder is now saying he'll decrease his employee's hours because Obama got re-elected. Please! They're saving themselves some money so that they can pay themselves more. It is the most disgusting illustration of greed I've seen in a long time! Papa John's founder is apparently against ensuring his employees have health insurance.

I own a small biz and employee a few people. Health insurance is killing me but I refuse to not cover the people who work for me. I can't wait until the meat of Obamacare kicks in because I think it will save me some money but provide my employees and me with better coverage.

Yes, this from man who gave away two million free pizzas for a Super Bowl promotion last year. Health care for the people who made those pizzas is just too dang expensive, I guess. By the way, Dominos, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Burger King, and Olive Garden are just some of the other companies who have made similar statements about laying off workers or reducing their hours to make them ineligible for benefits. Couldn't be a better time to support local businesses and restaurants and keep our money away from these companies!
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Fri 16 Nov 2012, 19:23

Missa wrote:
OofOof wrote:So Mr> Murray says. Papa John's founder is now saying he'll decrease his employee's hours because Obama got re-elected. Please! They're saving themselves some money so that they can pay themselves more. It is the most disgusting illustration of greed I've seen in a long time! Papa John's founder is apparently against ensuring his employees have health insurance.

Yes, this from man who gave away two million free pizzas for a Super Bowl promotion last year. Health care for the people who made those pizzas is just too dang expensive, I guess. By the way, Dominos, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Burger King, and Olive Garden are just some of the other companies who have made similar statements about laying off workers or reducing their hours to make them ineligible for benefits. Couldn't be a better time to support local businesses and restaurants and keep our money away from these companies!

I couldn't agree more, Missa. Oof Oof, you are my hero! Thank you for providing for your employees. That is why I support small business!
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 16 Nov 2012, 21:02

Thanks Janie. We try but I'm paying $920 per person per month and it's really hurting. The thing that ticks me off is that when we first signed on with this company in 2007, our monthly premiums were $350 a person and our deductible was low. In one year they doubled our rate and I had to up our deductible. In 5 years they've tripled our costs, in spite of a much higher deductible/co-insurance fee.

I've looked with a broker for cheaper insurance but i have two older folks working with me and, until we can access those insurance groups in 2014, the company we are with is the best we can do. Insurance companies just infuriate me. On a good note, we did get a check from them because we hadn't reached the 80% use for medical costs. It warmed my heart to know that they had to send money back! Ha!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Mon 19 Nov 2012, 01:35

OofOof wrote:Thanks Janie. We try but I'm paying $920 per person per month and it's really hurting. The thing that ticks me off is that when we first signed on with this company in 2007, our monthly premiums were $350 a person and our deductible was low. In one year they doubled our rate and I had to up our deductible. In 5 years they've tripled our costs, in spite of a much higher deductible/co-insurance fee.

I've looked with a broker for cheaper insurance but i have two older folks working with me and, until we can access those insurance groups in 2014, the company we are with is the best we can do. Insurance companies just infuriate me. On a good note, we did get a check from them because we hadn't reached the 80% use for medical costs. It warmed my heart to know that they had to send money back! Ha!

Wow, hang in there OofOof! You are to be commended for sticking with your plan because of your older employees. It must have been great getting that check back from the insurance company. I would have taken a picture with it, sent the picture back to the insurance company going "Naa Naa Naa"!
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down