I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Multiple usernames on this forum

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should the names of the people posting using different usernames be shared on the forum?

79% 79% 
[ 23 ]
21% 21% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 29

Re: Multiple usernames on this forum

Post by cindigirl on Mon Nov 12 2012, 20:41

Yes, you all have allowed me to maintain my sanity during the election time and, in my case, hurricane Sandy. And I thank you for that! During my power outage, flashlight and candle days and nights I often missed everyone's opinion. I'll never get those days back but when my power came back on It was so good to catch up.

Thanks ladies!

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod on Mon Nov 12 2012, 20:42

I would be very sorry to see anyone go, but especially our commentators with well thought out, educated arguments and opinions, which keep a board like this alive and thriving. I enjoy the comment and debate. I love the snark. I think all opinions are valid. There is nothing wrong with healthy and lively disagreements even if they lead to rebuffs. George is merely a man. For me, the commentators keep it real. I would not be here if the site was plain hero worship of George and his partner choices. Don't go!

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle on Tue Nov 13 2012, 00:36

Bidbod, I agree with you totally. For me G may have been the reason I started following a fan site but it is the posters that keep me coming back for more. I love that people from different parts of the globe post here. I love learning about their cultures and views of issues. For me it was really interesting reading comments about our election from posters here and abroad. I was also grateful for the support and kind wishes during Sandy. I hope you all stay. Maybe we need to try not to take things so seriously when we have differing opinions. We can learn from each other even if we don't always agree.

blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by trainwreck on Tue Nov 13 2012, 04:10

shame on you maggie for professing to be a christian and then trying to decieve someone as i dont buy the lame excuse of heping someone on games...and heil hitler to katiedot the leader of this concentration camp..as your te distain for mr clooney is apparent..i dont apreciate you calling me a liar as some multiple poster the other weeki do not know hmh, spacey or anyone else here. i signed up as new user to get a message to maggy as i felt her pain for love for another poster as one night her pleass for him orher were painfulit seemed at time. she was stalking now to find out with all the different usrnames... and what is with the emotion cons like we are in juniorhigh passing hugs,bouquets etc..really? no wonder you don't get true fans you accuse them from day one to be others than ban them...so now katie it is my mission to go to different countries to now use new names since i am sure you will ban me today...shame on you for preaching about others as frauds without looking in mirror first and i am sure your cheering squad will cheer again when you ban me this time..it's me, must be very popular for maggy to try so hard to decieve to follow him or her...funny how a few months back maggy stated not to discuss their relationship on here...what a wicked web we weave when we once try to decieve so many maggy, must be true love with all the exchange of love poems and sonsg between the two of you...remember katie said he had a girl friend in the wings somaggy uou must be up to bat soon. dont choke. not sure who it's me is or whether they are girl or boy but best in class tries hard this sumer with her posting of photos and sure was stalking it in july/august as i sat back and watched the players on here....maybe people get paid to blow smoke up gc ass how good looking he is etc..shame on those who talk about his package and butt then accusehimofobjectiflyin women. hmmm...and as far as calling people crazy, psycho, nut jobs i am emotionally unbalance from my government, my company, my supposed friendsplaying games with my mind...and now since i just lost my brother unexpectantly last week and on my way to da nang vietnam tospread some of his ashes to complete a mission there i chose to sign on speak my mind..we have veterans retuning from wars of all countries who have emotional poblems you should look in the mirrors first before you past judgment and i have the access and means to go anywhere in the world to now piss you off katie dot/hitler for accusing real people instead of puppets who join here,shame on you..you get your agenda from th cash cow mr. clooney the dirtier the scandal media spots the more hits you get ....everyone prostitutes themselves one way or another to get to him sadly..he is no saint though..and maggy good luck with him or it's me, but you should have been honest to begin with instead of using the maniuplation of false names and half nude photos to intrigue him or someone. whoever i guess the powers of be would know if mr clooney ever did check in here that would keep him off of any track concerning someone he may truly care for..good job guys! and i did not state the death of my brother for any sympaty as i do not consider any of you friends since i don'tknow any of you, if you have lost a loved one you already share my empathy..every loss, my father, mother, my beloved murphy and 9/11 and now brother has taught me something so as this journey ends a new one begins...peace out and chill out hitler, people die in wars so people can have free speech..someone copy this fast before she deletes it like she did others this summer...the truth hurts sometimes...and god bless the truth seekers!

trainwreck
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Tue Nov 13 2012, 05:16

Don't have a problem with those who would like to change their user name, but those who want to deceive or are malicious to other posters why bother exposing them, we all know who they are after a few post.

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy on Tue Nov 13 2012, 05:23

Dear Trainwreck, first of all, my sympathy on the loss of your loved ones. May they rest in peace till they meet their maker.

Second, You shouldn't be obsessed with my relationship with It's Me. It's not healthy.

Also, Am not looking for fans. Am only here to kill time or have fun like everyone else. Am not here to stalk It's me, it's not necessary we talk everyday through other sources, so this forum is not necessary.

Third, I don't hate you at all. I wish I could help you. If you are still able to post, feel free to tell me off. It's obvious you are holding too much resentment. Don't worry I have very thick skin as you can already see. It would be very good for you to let out all your steam.

Am all ears.
Take care.

Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreley on Tue Nov 13 2012, 08:22

Ladies (and Gentlemen), many different opinions here. As a German I have found here a little too much compares to Hitler, so I think that overshoots the target out. Time for some news from George, he should give us something to talk about

Loreley
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category on Tue Nov 13 2012, 08:27

Oh well, where to start

Here or any other message boards we can play with our identities, taking ourselves apart and rebuilding ourselves in endless new configurations. We can choose anything between totally empty profiles (with very limited replies) or informative profile (more or less face claims, replies with content).

Here in COH one can eg. reply with only emoticons and oh, yes, right, wow etc. so no one can say anything about this poster. Or share a meat recipe (not vegetarian), make fun of republicans (probably democrat), talking about kids (is a parent), prepare house for the sandy (lives in east coast), having “that” time of the month (woman)…

Yes, it´s against the rules to have multiple pseudonyms. Yes it´s common faux pas and it´s possible to keep on having them. Using high anonymous proxy. For me it doesn´t play a significant role if I´m having lively “discussion” with 4 persons, but it actually is that I´m having it with one.

As in every message board, people tend to look for like -minded others – so there is more traffic between them than other posters. That´s all. No deeper meaning to it.

Yet, other factors dictate the quality of a site. Checking IP´s and cleaning the site won´t do it alone. Moderators have hard time deciding when to let “all the flowers bloom ” and when they actually are forced to take action. I do not envy that part of their job.

Loreley: it´s called "Godwin´s law" unfortunately it applies here too. Very Happy

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreley on Tue Nov 13 2012, 08:54

Yes, Best in Category, that's right. Unfortunately this time has plenty material for phrases.

But I agree with you, that's the internet. You are connected with the world and yet anonymus.

Above all, it is Katie's website. At least it is her decision what is allowed. I'm sure, after I was here a long time as a silent reader, she often turns a blind eye

Loreley
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Tue Nov 13 2012, 14:56

What an incredibly insightful comparison, trainwreck. Yes, an internet forum moderator deleting your comment because it violated the clearly posted rules of the forum is EXACTLY THE SAME as a sociopathic dictator who masterminded the systematic torture and murder of over six million human beings.

This sudden obsession our culture has with comparing everyone with whom with disagree to Hitler is really sickening. To paraphrase Jon Stewart, it not only diminishes the person making the comparison, it diminishes HITLER. That name really has to be a reference point for those who commit atrocities, not the guy who stole the parking space you had your eye on at the mall. Sorry, that just really annoys me. I'll get off my soap box now.

Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside on Tue Nov 13 2012, 16:23

You're not alone on that soapbox Missa! But it was closer to 9 million he killed...6 million Jews and the rest were Catholics and others he hated.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Tue Nov 13 2012, 16:39

Hitler was a madman and a murderess and I think we can all agree on this but to speak of him in this context does not make sense and I think that this does not answer certain provocations!

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof on Tue Nov 13 2012, 16:49

With people like Trainwreck, that Friend or Foe button is quite useful. Poof and he/she is gone!

OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella on Tue Nov 13 2012, 21:31

I've only used one.

Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Tue Nov 13 2012, 22:01

If trainwreck is going to continue with her or his rant on this forum I wish for God's sake she or he would at least have the consideration of using a paragraph break. My eyes are crossing from trying to read her insane rantings.

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof on Tue Nov 13 2012, 22:13

I am happily not seeing her comments any longer. I went to my profile and now I no longer have to endure those rants. They were ruining my day!

OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Tue Nov 13 2012, 23:30

Well, he/she/it hasn't posted anymore. Maybe just had to get something of his/her/its chest... oh dear...

melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Wed Nov 14 2012, 00:03

cindigirl wrote:If trainwreck is going to continue with her or his rant on this forum I wish for God's sake she or he would at least have the consideration of using a paragraph break. My eyes are crossing from trying to read her insane rantings.

I love that your response to that craziness is "your grammar is atrocious". What a great way to criticize without actual engaging the lunacy. Very Happy

I'd settle for a sentence break and appropriate capitalization.

Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed Nov 14 2012, 01:08

Glad to see this poll and exposing the multiple usernames has fixed the problem of the crazies on this site Spliff

The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Wed Nov 14 2012, 03:29

cindigirl wrote:If trainwreck is going to continue with her or his rant on this forum I wish for God's sake she or he would at least have the consideration of using a paragraph break. My eyes are crossing from trying to read her insane rantings.

OMG! Cindigirl you made me laugh really loudly!! Now I'm coughing!

Try some eye drops it might help.

Me I just scrolled right past the rambling I mean really, anyone who calls themselves trainwreck ain't worth spending time reading. JMO

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lamby on Wed Nov 14 2012, 06:45

Well, the voting is in and I for one would like to know the others that were using multiple usernames.
I agree with 'the next mrs. clooney' that there was 'bullying' going on. That's why I felt the need to speak up. Not to mention the hypocrisy concerning the Stacy and Eli threads.
For anyone who doesn't understand why someone would have sock puppets, it's so that they can reinforce their opinion and make it look like the majority of posters agree with them in the hopes of intimidating those with an opposing view.
It's not rocket science.
It is manipulative and deceitful, that's for sure.

lamby
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin on Wed Nov 14 2012, 07:08

I've been Merlin on By George, Clooneyfiles, Clooney Unlimited Clooney Project, Crumbs and here...the only place I'm not is on IMDB where I'm Wizard because they had too many multiples of Merlin and as Merlin is a Wizard I choose that....

BTW I'm not Katie, New Kid ecetera ecetera LOL...

Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed Nov 14 2012, 08:17

By George, Clooneyfiles, Clooney Unlimited Clooney Project, Crumbs

!!!

oh my... how many I was in too.... affraid

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside on Wed Nov 14 2012, 14:35

As with Merlin, I was Bluejean on By George, Clooneyfiles, and CU but had a little problem and had to change my name to Lighterside which I used exclusively on Cookie Crumbs and everywhere else since. At IMDb I'm arabella because when I signed up, I made a mistake and it took the first part of my email that I was using at the time as my name. So I got stuck with that name but never posted, until the last couple of years when the lunacy started over there.

But my politics precedes me and will identify me wherever I go, so I know there's no worries that I'll be confused with anyone else! LOL Lightsabre fight

And to my knowledge, Katiedot has ALWAYS been Katiedot EVERYWHERE for at least the past 10 years that I've been on the forums. Same with Merlin, she has always used that name.

Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed Nov 14 2012, 15:32

lamby wrote:Well, the voting is in and I for one would like to know the others that were using multiple usernames.
I agree with 'the next mrs. clooney' that there was 'bullying' going on. That's why I felt the need to speak up. Not to mention the hypocrisy concerning the Stacy and Eli threads.
For anyone who doesn't understand why someone would have sock puppets, it's so that they can reinforce their opinion and make it look like the majority of posters agree with them in the hopes of intimidating those with an opposing view.
It's not rocket science.
It is manipulative and deceitful, that's for sure.
Thanks Lamby. Glad someone actually got my point!!

The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Wed Nov 14 2012, 15:37

I am and always I was lelacorb ! why change?

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed Nov 14 2012, 17:07

flower flower flower

I'm not a sock puppet and don't own one either

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside on Wed Nov 14 2012, 18:13

lelacorb wrote:I am and always I was lelacorb ! why change?

Personally because I didn't want to carry a "political fight" to another forum, so at the time it seemed like a better idea than dragging all those issues over and imposing them on people somewhere else. "Shit happens" as they say, especially when you've been around as long as some of us have been.

Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:50

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum