George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions

+18
Best in Category
Lighterside
MM
fluffy
Katiedot
Maggy
theminis
OofOof
bamboochacha
LornaDoone
blubelle
party animal - not!
it's me
Lakin460
Joanna
cindigirl
melbert
silly girl
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions Empty Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions

Post by silly girl Fri 26 Oct 2012, 14:32

I woke up yesterday and watched the weather report which kept showing scenes from A Perfect Storm. We are expecting a major hurricane here on the East Coast of the United States. All over Twitter people are talking about it and mentioning GC and his movie. Oh it is also being called "Frankenstorm" because it is hitting around Halloween. Here are some of the tweets--- kinda funny:

@JohnBolaris Or Perfect Storm II: Watch Out George Clooney!!!!!

It's the Perfect Storm! Clooney run!! “#Frankenstorm to ravage New England. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Perfect storm looms over East Coast. Get your George Clooney ship captain costumes ready people

I won't mind if the "Perfect Storm" hits NYC just as long as George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg wash ashore.

This storm heading towards DC reminds me of "The Perfect Storm." Fell asleep before end; Clooney survives, right?

They're comparing hurricane Sandy to the Perfect Storm of '91. If my memory is correct we need to get George Clooney to safety, immediately.

Track of #Sandy nudged a bit "left" or west. Still a wait-and-see approach if we get a breeze or "Perfect Storm 2: Clooney's Revenge"

Holy look out George Clooney Batman. Perfect Storm?????????? We will see...

Nobody outside of meteorology would even remember that perfect storm if that guy from Top Gun had bought George Clooney a new ice maker.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions Empty Re: Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions

Post by melbert Fri 26 Oct 2012, 14:40

Funny tweets, but serious condition. Hope everybody on the East Coast keeps safe.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions Empty Re: Hurricane Sandy compared to the Perfect Storm---GC mentions

Post by cindigirl Fri 26 Oct 2012, 16:11

silly girl wrote:Perfect storm looms over East Coast. Get your George Clooney ship captain costumes ready people

ROFL - Hurricane Sandy is awesome - it's forecasted to be around 1,300 miles in diameter and projected to hit NY and NJ the beginning of next week. What's making it the Perfect Storm is because there's a cold front that's supposed to collide with it when it reaches the east coast. My girlfriend and hubby JUST got their basement renovated since hurricane Irene and if it gets flooded again now I don't know if they will be able handle it.

Keep safe and batten down the hatches everyone.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 26 Oct 2012, 20:04

Oh my...it sounds bad...keep safe everyone Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 26 Oct 2012, 20:51

For anyone who has time to read it, here's the latest forecast on the storm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 26 Oct 2012, 20:58

cindigirl.....are you in harm's way???
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:00

Keep us informed on here. X
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:01

right!!!!
let us know!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:04

well, of course you're in harms way.......let me rephrase, cindigirl.......are you in a NJ location that will get the brunt of the storm, should it make landfall where predicted?
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:07

Hi Lakin- I was pretty high and dry with hurricane Irene but this storm is a monster. It's projected to slam into New Jersey next week when it collides with the cold front and full moon. My main concern is a power outage.

Thanks everybody for your concern.

Last edited by cindigirl on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:12; edited 1 time in total
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:12

well, like everyone else says, keep us posted as you're able. And maybe now would be a good time to go visit your kids out west, huh? Like RIGHT NOW!! Very Happy
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:16

Lakin460 wrote:well, like everyone else says, keep us posted as you're able. And maybe now would be a good time to go visit your kids out west, huh? Like RIGHT NOW!! Very Happy

My kids live in New Jersey too - my girlfriend however lives in Dallas, Texas - hmmm I wonder if she's up for an overnight visit? LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:18

I thought you had a daughter in New Mexico or Arizona or someplace hot and dry like that.....must be thinking of another poster.
But YES, def tap into your gf's hospitality! My significant other has fam in Dallas and San Antonio and it's hot and dry out there!!!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:25

I really thought the storm wouldn't hit us too bad in NJ but I guess it will. I am glad I bought some water today as the shelves are already pretty empty. It is so overcast today you would think the storm is coming tonight. Be safe Cindi and everyone else on the East Coast...I don't usually get flooding in my neighborhood but the towns around me tend to get hit bad. I am more worried about outages and being out of touch with people since I live alone. Plus I have lots of trees around my house so I am hoping they stay put. Here's praying that their projections are wrong.

Oh and I love how I went on my town website for info and they said to keep in touch online and on twitter. Which is funny because if we lose power then what good is the internet. Smile

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:30

Lakin460 wrote:I thought you had a daughter in New Mexico or Arizona or someplace hot and dry like that.....must be thinking of another poster.
But YES, def tap into your gf's hospitality! My significant other has fam in Dallas and San Antonio and it's hot and dry out there!!!
That's PattyGirl who has kids out west. But, she's in NY which may be hit too. If you come on PattyGirl, let us know you're alright too!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:32

oh silly girl! I didn't know you lived in NJ, too! I was without power for 4 days during the worst of the summer heat in August and I lived alone, too, at the time. Gas up your vehicle, cause the pumps won't work if there's no power and make sure you have a flashlight and good batteries and stuff to stay warm. On the second day of the outage, I drove 50 minutes to the nearest McDonald's to recharge my cell phone and laptop, plus I could communicate with friends and famly while I was there. Here's hoping you and all others affected will weather this thing well, and suffer no damage. Keep us posted, sweet pea. I'll be thinking of you!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:36

Take care of yourself please x wd be really good if you could escape for the weekend wouldn't it?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 26 Oct 2012, 21:43

Good luck to you too silly girl. lip smack
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 27 Oct 2012, 00:40

Keep us in your thoughts all. The forecast is really scary and being without power is challenging. We are surrounded by trees and power lines that are constantly brought down by wind. Ugh! Not looking forward to this.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 27 Oct 2012, 00:45

Thanks...where are you Bluebelle? It is scary. My sister is trying to convince me to go to her house in upstate NY. I am worried about leaving the house alone....silly huh....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 27 Oct 2012, 00:49

I'm in Westchester county. I can understand your concern about your house. I would just like to go somewhere and hide until it's all over.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 27 Oct 2012, 00:54

Stay safe everyone but I do have to make one comment - after all the years of storms why haven't utilities buried the power lines? The outages would not be as severe if lines were buried in water tight casings!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Sat 27 Oct 2012, 01:14

Yup, looks like that sandy's a real pig.
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 27 Oct 2012, 01:55

Good luck everyone! Feel so sorry for you. Our last major storm was Dec 2007 and it was a doozy. Lights out for more than a week.

It's horrible to be at the mercy of mother nature. I hope the weather folks are wrong and it's just a moderate storm. Stay safe. And Silly Girl you need to go to your sisters house or have a friend come stay with you!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 27 Oct 2012, 09:53

Keep safe everyone in the storm area.... flower
And do have some company with you until it's over.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Oct 2012, 09:59

Also want to say that I hope everyone stays safe during the storm, if you have a chance to leave to a safer area, maybe that is the best option. Failing that, maybe knock on a neighbours door so you wont be alone, take care all x
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 28 Oct 2012, 16:22

Thanks to Joanna. This article talks to a captain from his time during The Perfect Storm.

RALEIGH, N.C. — Ray Leonard knows a thing or two about monster storms. In fact, he's the skipper of the Satori, the 32-foot sailboat that rode out the perfect storm 21 years ago.

And if he had loved ones living in the path of Hurricane Sandy, which was barreling north from the Caribbean and already was responsible for dozens of deaths, he'd tell them to get out before they need to be saved.

"Don't be rash," the 85-year-old sailor said in a telephone interview Saturday from his home in Fort Myers, Fla. "I would be sure that I had a vehicle that was pretty substantial. I would be sure I had a decent supply of fuel and water — and Graham crackers."

Why Graham crackers?

"Well," he said, "I LIKE Graham crackers. But you COULD have Oreos.

People who've read Sebastian Junger's 1997 best-seller, "The Perfect Storm," or watched George Clooney in the movie version will know Leonard's story.

On Oct. 30, 1991, Leonard and two crew members were several days into their voyage when they were caught in the confluence of three weather systems. They were about 60 miles south of Martha's Vineyard, off the coast of Massachusetts.

One of the crew issued a mayday, and the three were plucked from the Atlantic Ocean by a Coast Guard helicopter.

The book portrays Leonard as "sullen and silent." Leonard, who did not participate with the book or the movie, has always insisted that the boat, which later washed ashore intact, was never in any real danger.

"We were well able and braced for a storm such as that, the perfect storm," the former research ecologist and college administrator said. "I think we were in MUCH better shape than the Coast Guard."

Leonard said if he lived in the area of Sandy's projected landfall, his first instinct would be to "head to sea" — provided he had the right vessel, of course. But his advice to others would be to get out or be prepared to go it alone if you stay.

"A storm like the one coming — and like the perfect storm, whatever that was — people tend to think that, 'Someone will come help me. Someone will come take care of me,'" Leonard said. "In other words, they don't look to be self-sufficient."

Hurricane Sandy, which killed more than 50 people in the Caribbean, wrecked homes and knocked down trees and power lines, is expected to make U.S. landfall early Tuesday near the Delaware coast, then hit two winter weather systems as it moves inland, creating a hybrid superstorm. Governors on the East Coast declared states of emergency on Saturday and ordered evacuations, and residents contemplated whether to heed the dire warnings of torrential rain, high winds and up to 2 feet of snow.

But evacuating also carries its hazards, Leonard pointed out.

"There's great danger on highways and everywhere else," he said.

But he said landlubbers should get out while they can do so calmly. And he might throw a blanket or two in with those Graham crackers.

"Because if this does hit, you're going to lose all those little things you've spent the last 20 years feeling good about," he said. "Living on a boat is one thing during a disaster. But living in a house in a city is a different thing completely."
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 28 Oct 2012, 16:25

Thanks everyone...hopefully it won't be as bad as they say. I am still worried about my house but am going to go and stay by my brother. So many are in panic mode that is hard not to get swept up in it. It is already getting windy. Good luck to everyone in it's path.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 28 Oct 2012, 16:28

I think it's OK to panic about it silly girl, it looks awful.
Take care and let us know how you are.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 28 Oct 2012, 18:30

Glad to hear you're staying near your brother, silly girl. Wise move on your part. If your house suffers damage, really, what could you do to prevent it if you were there? And maybe you'd end up getting seriously hurt or worse. Stay safe, at all costs! Property is replaceable. Lives are not. That goes for us all. Even where I'm at, in a mid-Atlantic state, the storm is predicted to have measurable impact. They're saying that we'll be getting snow that will be measured in feet, not inches!

Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 28 Oct 2012, 21:44

Good luck to you all. I hope this is weather reports that end up being wrong. Will be thinking of you all.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 28 Oct 2012, 22:31

Latest satellite image of Sandy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 28 Oct 2012, 22:34

Just giving an update...getting windy but am at my brothers drinking wine with my sister in law.... takes away the worries....

Love to all!

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 28 Oct 2012, 22:59

Good girl, Silly. flower

Night night. X
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 29 Oct 2012, 04:37

That's the spirit sillygirl!

Hope everyone's keeping safe.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 29 Oct 2012, 06:39

Live cam from the Liberty statue

Live cam from the Brooklyn Bridge

Live cam from Atlantic City, NJ Beach

Live cam from Jersey Shores

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 29 Oct 2012, 09:59

A big shout out to all who may be in the Sandy zone. Stay at home if you must but take care. We're thinking of you. It really looks nasty but must be awesome at the same time. Hello!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 29 Oct 2012, 12:17

I live in Cincinnati, and we are supposed to get wind gusts up to 50 mph, with snow on Wednesday. There is will be a little snow accumulation. I dug out all my winter clothes out a month prematurely, but this is nothing compared to what those poor people on the East Coast have to face. cantlook
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 29 Oct 2012, 12:30

Sillygirl, bluebelle, Cindy and anyone else I missed...will be holding you all in prayer for safety and a quick miss by default! Wouldn't it be wonderful if Sandy made a right turn, back out into the ocean again...well I'll be praying for something like that to happen and for any damage to be minimized. I know that sounds foolish but it doesn't hurt to ask! LOL

BE WELL everyone and stay safe...and drink more wine sillygirl...good for your blood AND your nerves! Thumbs up!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 29 Oct 2012, 12:33

Yes, Hurricane Sandy needs to follow the path of Hurricane Maria, that went into the Atlantic without ever going near land.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Oct 2012, 12:43

A film from out of space of hurricane Sandy.
It really shows the size very well.

There's an annoying advert first, of course.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 29 Oct 2012, 12:51

Maggy wrote:Live cam from the Liberty statue

Live cam from the Brooklyn Bridge

Live cam from Atlantic City, NJ Beach

Live cam from Jersey Shores

Another webcam here on the NY Times building

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 29 Oct 2012, 14:36

Think the Atlantic City webcam may have been knocked out. Can't get a connection.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Mon 29 Oct 2012, 14:47

It was just on the news here.
Looks really serious situation building up...
it has gathered more strength they said.

Hopefully people will listen and move away from it.

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 29 Oct 2012, 15:11

I hope everybody is keeping safe so far. It looks like the storm is going to make landfall around Atlantic City later today. There's already 4 feet of water there. The worst is projected to be around 8:00 pm tonight. In some areas there's a mandatory evacuation which means if they don't get out before the storm hits, they can't be guaranteed to be rescued. Sandy is currently about 200 miles from Atantic City and currently the wind is at 80 miles per hour.

Right now I'm running the washing machine, vacuuming, etc. before the electricity goes out here. LOL

My prayers and good luck wishes for everyone on the east coast.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 29 Oct 2012, 15:43

My love and prayers for everyone in the path of this hurricane.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 29 Oct 2012, 15:48

May God protect the east Coast....
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:02

Thank you all. We need all the prayers and good thoughts. It is just starting to get windy. I just hope and pray my house can withstand the massive wind gusts. The windows rattle and the trees bend. It's ironic but one year ago today we had a big snow storm that took out power for days.
Talk to you soon, I hope.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 29 Oct 2012, 16:29

My best wishes for good luck to you bluebelle. As Gov. Christie says, stay safe and be strong.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 29 Oct 2012, 17:52

Everyone who is in the path of Hurricane Sandy, please go and take cover now, before it is too late. May God bless and protect you all.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next