George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009

+3
melbert
it's me
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 Empty Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009

Post by Katiedot Fri 28 Sep 2012, 08:15

I don't remember this one:

link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Heroes & Icons: George Clooney

By Bono Thursday, Apr. 30, 2009

George Clooney is a dangerous man. He needs to be watched... to be monitored... He's a new kind of American radical... a post-'60s, post-obvious, post-postmodern radical, not the left-leaning Hollywood bleeding-heart do-gooder that many think. Oh, no...

Clooney, 48, is a pragmatic idealist, and a patriot in a very different sense than the way that word is normally used. He believes that his country is a contagious idea that should be embraced by the world — but not by force, and not out of fear.

So what's the radical bit? Well, it starts with his strategic sensibility, and his almost peculiar ability to sublimate his ego to win a point — something completely out of character and perhaps against the law for a performer. (I should know...) The pieties of the actor-slash-activist are absent in Clooney. Humor is his not-so-secret weapon. He's very, very funny. Especially when he's off-script.

It has been said that after meeting with the great British Prime Minister William Ewart Gladstone, you left feeling he was the smartest person in the world, but after meeting with his rival Benjamin Disraeli, you left thinking you were the smartest person. That latter touch is the essence of George Clooney.

His commitment to ending the atrocities in Sudan is not a role, not a performance. It is real — and it is serious work. Some people think celebrities should stick to the script, stay feted and fetal in their air-conditioned trailers. Some people think it's an appalling juxtaposition to see the rich and famous in a photo call with the vanquished and the vulnerable.

It is. George knows that. But he also knows that the cameras trained on you and the column inches dedicated to you could be covering something a little more important than, well, you. Like the slaughter of innocents in Darfur. Like the refugee camps full of starving Sudanese.

And he knows the details, the nuances of his and your sides of the argument. Hey, if you're going to pay attention to George Clooney, he's going to insist you pay attention to this stuff. Now there's a radical idea.

Clooney's smile is as brilliant as ever, but if you look closer, his jaw is clenched. What he brings to the discussion on Darfur is not just star power. It's the power of conviction, and a growing impatience, and an undiminished sense that what's still — still! — happening in Darfur is an affront to what we say we believe. Our response, as yet, is unworthy of us.

So take his picture, shake his hand, but whatever you do, don't make this man mad — he just gets more organized.

Bono is the lead singer of U2 and a co-founder of ONE
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 Empty Re: Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009

Post by it's me Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:12

So take his picture, shake his hand, but whatever you do, don't make this man mad — he just gets more organized.

Exclamation
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009 Empty Re: Bono interviews George Clooney for Time magazine, April 2009

Post by melbert Fri 28 Sep 2012, 13:19

Katie, thanks! It's been awhile since I saw this!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 28 Sep 2012, 15:25

Thanks I remember this and enjoy reading it and I love Bono .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 28 Sep 2012, 16:30

Video Bono interviews George Clooney in April 2009.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 28 Sep 2012, 17:08

Thank you Cindi. I love the chemistry between Bono and George.

and yes, please, lets thank the forefathers, the potato families and everyone else who made it on the boat and made it possible for George being HERE. cheers

I LOVE YOU GEORGE!!!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 29 Sep 2012, 05:57

Maggy wrote:Thank you Cindi. I love the chemistry between Bono and George.

and yes, please, lets thank the forefathers, the potato families and everyone else who made it on the boat and made it possible for George being HERE. cheers

I LOVE YOU GEORGE!!!

Very Happy I love you Give hearts
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 29 Sep 2012, 08:39

And I didn't know he is practically Irish!!!

VERY important piece of information cheers

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 29 Sep 2012, 17:54

I don't understand BiC. What do you mean "practically Irish"? George IS Irish.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 29 Sep 2012, 21:42

Bono?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 29 Sep 2012, 22:02

and so is Bono!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down