George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes

+8
Best in Category
m4rose
silly girl
party animal - not!
it's me
Maggy
melbert
Katiedot
12 posters

Go down

George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes Empty George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes

Post by Katiedot Wed 12 Sep 2012, 04:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney Charity Work, Events and Causes

Charity biography

George Clooney seems to have one of the most charitable hearts in Hollywood, and, alongside his current mission to stop the human rights atrocities in the Darfur region of Sudan, he focuses much of his energy on helping those suffering from poverty.

Clooney famously founded Not On Our Watch with his Ocean’s 11 co-stars Don Cheadle, Matt Damon, and Brad Pitt, and producer Jerry Weintraub. The organization’s main goal is to stop the genocide occurring in Sudan. Clooney has visited the area personally, and spoken with victims of rape and torture. His charity has donated millions of dollars to help those suffering in the region, with much of the funding going through the United Nations World Food Programme.

The Ocean’s 13 leading man offered his company at the movie’s première and private after-party for an auction supporting Realizing the Dream. This non-profit seeks to continue the legacy and work of Dr. and Mrs. King in wiping out poverty and injustice.

Clooney has been known to give generous donations to homeless people, is a supporter of Bono’s poverty-fighting ONE Campaign, and is also on the Board of Trustees for the United Way.

George donated $25,000 to writers during the 2007 strike.

Clooney took part in the America: A Tribute to Heroes charity telethon for victims of 9/11.

Clooney visited the Nuba Mountains with ENOUGH Project to document atrocities of the Sudanese government on its own people, and testified about it before the US Senate Committee, days before getting arrested at the Sudanese embassy in DC in a peaceful protest.

George Clooney has supported the following charities:

21st Century Leaders
American Foundation for AIDS Research
Ante Up For Africa
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
CARE
Casey Lee Ball Foundation
Cinema For Peace
Clothes Off Our Back
ENOUGH Project
Feeding America
International Rescue Committee
Make Poverty History
Not On Our Watch
ONE Campaign
Oxfam
Partners in Health
Realizing the Dream
Red Cross
Rock For Darfur
Satellite Sentinel Project
Save the Children
UNICEF
United Way
Whatever It Takes
World Food Programme

They've missed out on two of his European charities: Ein Herz Fuer Kinder in Berlin and the one in Rome that I can't remember where he donated motorbikes to the emergency medical services so they could get through traffic faster.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes Empty Re: George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes

Post by melbert Wed 12 Sep 2012, 04:23

Thanks Katie! That's our George at his finest!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes Empty Re: George Clooney's Charity Work, Events and Causes

Post by Maggy Wed 12 Sep 2012, 04:36

Bless his heart.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 12 Sep 2012, 07:43

it was RUNNING HEART FOUNDATION

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

with Lucio Dalla I love you (we lost him, recently....)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 12 Sep 2012, 12:40

Satellite Sentinel should have its own paragraph mention, I think given that it's a huge global idea intended to prevent warlords from killing their own people, and bringing together some amazing brains from the likes of Harvard, Google., Digital Globe. Idea conceived and funded by one George Clooney........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 12 Sep 2012, 12:55

That is an abundance of donations. At least he isn't hoarding his money. Good for him....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Wed 12 Sep 2012, 13:16

THIS is the George I love and respect. I want him to be happy but due to some of his choices lately, this George gets lost and people have a tendency to lose respect for him. THIS is the George I would like to see return to the forefront.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 12 Sep 2012, 17:29

Impressive list!

No animals?

well, he can't save everything Very Happy

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 12 Sep 2012, 17:37

Very impressive list . He is well respected for his advocacy and charity work. Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 12 Sep 2012, 17:44

sure

and those are only what we know
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 12 Sep 2012, 18:25

m4rose wrote:THIS is the George I love and respect. I want him to be happy but due to some of his choices lately, this George gets lost and people have a tendency to lose respect for him. THIS is the George I would like to see return to the forefront.

I don't believe "this George" gets lost at all....all the information about his admirable humanitarian work is there for the studying.
Just because he doesn't blow his own trumpet about it, all the time,doesn't mean it's not happening continually in his private life.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 12 Sep 2012, 19:26

Exactly. And bet he regularly gives to Camp Cocker...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 12 Sep 2012, 19:46

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 12 Sep 2012, 20:34

That's a nice pic, looking alike Very Happy

Good question for the people who are asking why don't you donate/support this and that instead of what you do is to ask: What have YOU done, where your money, time and thoughts are going? Blah blah blah

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 12 Sep 2012, 20:36

Looks like Einstein is craving a lick of that beer! Ha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 30 Dec 2012, 17:27

Video - George receives humanitarian award - introduced by his friend Julianna Margulies.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 30 Dec 2012, 18:10

Thanks CindiGirl! A little bit of George while he's playing hide and seek... I watched several of the others with this one. Had a great time!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down