George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Working with George doesn't open any doors EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Working with George doesn't open any doors EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Working with George doesn't open any doors EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Working with George doesn't open any doors EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Working with George doesn't open any doors EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Working with George doesn't open any doors EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Working with George doesn't open any doors EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Working with George doesn't open any doors EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Working with George doesn't open any doors EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Working with George doesn't open any doors

4 posters

Go down

Working with George doesn't open any doors Empty Working with George doesn't open any doors

Post by laetval Fri 07 Sep 2012, 16:04

Acting in a movie with George Clooney... the ultimate dream of many women, and even for actors it is a big deal. Amr Waked was lucky to be next to the Hollywood superstar in the 2005 political thriller Syriana, on the oil industry in the Middle-East. But this Hollywood exposure wasn't the career boost he expected...
The Egyptian actor is in Venice for yet another political film. Winter of Discontent, narrating the Arab Spring on the Tahrir square in Egypt. The filmmakers hope to do away with the stereotype of 'the Arab' as it is known in Western cinema.
Waked has just finished shooting the English TV-series Flight of the Storks. This time he stars opposite another Hollywood legend, Rutger Hauer. Waked was suitably impressed by the Dutch actor.

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Working with George doesn't open any doors Empty Re: Working with George doesn't open any doors

Post by cindigirl Fri 07 Sep 2012, 16:15

I think it's true that working with George doesn't open any doors. I read today from someone who lives in LA and is part of show business that Stacy's supermarket show is done with. Don't know for sure if it's true, but I can understand that because I don't think too, too many people would be interested in a supermarket supply show.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Working with George doesn't open any doors Empty Re: Working with George doesn't open any doors

Post by Best in Category Fri 07 Sep 2012, 16:41

Why should it?

Man is a master of his own destiny.

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 07 Sep 2012, 16:50

There is no actor who can "open doors" for another, short of demanding the casting of the second actor. GC is not responsible for choosing material or building an audience for anyone except himself. So I don't get the premise here.

As for SK's food product show (if it indeed is off; I have no idea), there are lots of possibilities. Could be that the concept was floated and approved, and the call put out for contestants, but there just wasn't enough (or enough quality) response to build a show around. But it sounds like the show was past that stage, if SK was named as the host. So it could be that the content wasn't compelling or dramatic enough. Which would mean the producers couldn't sell advertising; that dooms any show. Could be the sponsors (prizes, mentors, etc) didn't come through. Or maybe it's being held back as a replacement for another show. Or... everybody realized it was just bad and canned it.

It sounds like they tried to do a cross between Shark Tank and one of the chef competition shows, which actually isn't that awful an idea, but it's not something that can be done well on a low budget, IMO.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down