George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon

+16
lelacorb
Dior
tzizz
The next mrs clooney
playfuldeb
Joanna
NotAvailable
EEOsandy
Clooneygirl
party animal - not!
silly girl
melbert
Katiedot
m4rose
Missa
barla
20 posters

Go down

Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon Empty Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon

Post by barla Wed 05 Sep 2012, 22:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

coming back to work...... gotpics together again?
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon Empty Re: Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon

Post by Missa Wed 05 Sep 2012, 23:16

barla wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

coming back to work...... gotpics together again?

Stacy's working in America and George is working in Europe. Do you think he'll come back to watch her do a telethon?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon Empty Re: Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon

Post by m4rose Wed 05 Sep 2012, 23:57

Stacy must have studied really hard because she went from basically a d-list nobody to suddenly hanging with and doing stuff a-list stars are doing. Either that or she has a hell of a PR/Management team. Because seriously it can't all be from boinking George. I mean the man is AWESOME but she has no real talent and is getting all these gigs? Either that or George used up all his Hollywood favors for her. JMO
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler in Stand up to Cancer telethon Empty Stacy Keibler in telethon

Post by Missa Thu 06 Sep 2012, 00:15

There seems like a pretty decent range of stars on this telethon. There are movie and TV stars, but there are also quite a few "Who?" names there as well. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to get onto this program, but it also doesn't seem like something A-list people would turn down, just so they don't have to deal with any "X Movie Star didn't want to raise money for cancer research!" press.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 06 Sep 2012, 08:09

More about this:

Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Justin Timberlake, Sofía Vergara, Eric Stonestreet, Ray Romano, Felicity Huffman, Max Greenfield, Stacy Keibler, Maura Tierney, Rocco DiSpirito, Ethan Zohn and Olympic Gold Medalists Gabrielle Douglas and Missy Franklin will participate in Stand Up To Cancer's landmark event on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT). They join celebrities from film, television, music and sports in a nationally televised broadcast which will fund groundbreaking translational research that delivers new therapies to cancer patients quickly and save lives.

Executive-produced by Gwyneth Paltrow and Joel Gallen of Tenth Planet Productions in collaboration with SU2C's production team, the 2012 Stand Up To Cancer broadcast will feature previously announced stars Julia Roberts, Matt Damon, Michael Douglas, Jessica Biel, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Seth Rogen and Emma Stone who will join Paltrow and SU2C Co-Founder Katie Couric. Taylor Swift, Coldplay, Alicia Keys and Tim McGRaw will deliver moving, one-of-a-kind performances alongside inspiring patient stories. Actors and personalities including Simon Baker, Jordana Brewster, Diem Brown, Dana Delany, Chelsea Handler, Marg Helgenberger, Minka Kelly, Joe Manganiello, Jillian Michaels, Masi Oka, Ana Maria Polo and Alison Sweeney will also take part in the broadcast.

ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC will donate one hour of simultaneous commercial-free primetime for the nationally televised fundraising special on Friday, September 7, to be broadcast live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. BIO, E!, ENCORE, HBO, HBO Latino, ION Television, LMN (Lifetime Movie Network), Logo, MLB Network, mun2, Palladia, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STYLE, TBS and VH1 have also committed to carry the "Stand Up To Cancer" telecast. The program will include a celebrity phone/multi-media bank that will allow viewers to interact with participating talent. Viewers will also be able to donate via text-to-give and at standup2cancer.org. One hundred percent of all public donations will go directly to cancer research.

The first two SU2C telecasts took place on September 5, 2008 and September 10, 2010. To date, more than $180 million has been pledged for SU2C's innovative cancer research. Since 2008, SU2C has made grants to seven multi-disciplinary "Dream Teams" of researchers as well as to 26 young innovative scientists who are undertaking high-risk, potentially high-reward projects to end the reign of cancer as a leading cause of death in the world today. Eighty-five institutions are currently involved.

ABOUT STAND UP TO CANCER

Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) -- a program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF), a 501(c)3 charitable organization -- raises funds to hasten the pace of groundbreaking translational research that can get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives. In the fall of 2007, a group of women whose lives have all been affected by cancer in profound ways began working together to marshal the resources of the media and entertainment industries in the fight against this disease.

SU2C was founded on the belief that this is a pivotal juncture with the potential for transformative progress in cancer research because of two trends: breakthroughs made in our understanding of the basic science of cancer, and technological advances that enable us to translate them into new treatments. Today's cancer researchers need additional funding to fulfill the promise of life-saving discoveries, and Stand Up To Cancer engages the public to support their work.
Thanks Henway for the link
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Sep 2012, 01:05

here we go!!! Stacy getting ready. Doesn't seem to be at George's house. I don't think he would allow that mess...

Stacy Keibler‏@StacyKeibler

Getting ready to proudly Stand Up to Cancer for @su2c TONIGHT! Tune in at 8/7c!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
4:33 PM - 7 Sep 12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 06:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 08 Sep 2012, 01:14

Dana Delany tweeted she is sitting next to SK. I just saw this tweet from SK

Oh and thanks Mel for telling everyone the time....you got there before I could answer. I also think that photo of her at the mirror was probably backstage....just saw her on the phone.

I am having trouble watching the stories and listening so it is on mute. I know too many people who are suffering from cancer right now and the stories make me cry. I can't watch the children. It is such a devastating disease....

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 07:05; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional thoughts [katiedot - added pic])

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 08 Sep 2012, 01:35

That's not a plain gold band she's wearing on her left ring finger...
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 08 Sep 2012, 01:47

Unless it's white gold...........but it's not plain either.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Sep 2012, 01:50

it's the elusive "vintage" ring?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 08 Sep 2012, 01:58

Looks like the one she's had on the right hand for a while......but like two thin bands

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Sat 08 Sep 2012, 02:00

She is definitely making sure that ring is front and center for pictures. IMO, it is tacky that she is trying to get publicity for herself while others are trying to raise money and awareness for such a great cause.

There really is no shame in her game.
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sat 08 Sep 2012, 02:25

The ring she's wearing while on the telephone looks 4 times larger than the one she's wearing in the dressing room - even considering camera angle, lighting, etc.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sat 08 Sep 2012, 02:30

In the Mykonos video she had the same gold band on her right hand, but no ring on her left hand.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 08 Sep 2012, 02:45

Yep. I reckon she changed it back to the right hand, and stuck a dress ring on the left...........or who knows? The mirror image may mean it's her right hand anyway

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Sat 08 Sep 2012, 03:11

Here is a picture from the red carpet tonight. Sorry - I dont know how to post pictures. She does look really pretty.

Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sat 08 Sep 2012, 03:22

Here you go, Clooneygirl.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Sat 08 Sep 2012, 03:32

Thanks for posting, EEOsandy!
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 08 Sep 2012, 05:13

Well, in the one at the phone bank, it looks like two rings. One a thinner band but looks to have some kind of studding on it, like small stones. The other, on zooming in at 200% looks as if it has something on it, like an engagement ring would. But it doesn't really look like a stone. And they are too lose to have been made for that finger. I think its kind of fugly, myself. So I think it is supposed to represent a set of wedding rings. Maybe wants tabloids to pick up on that. She is showing it in both pics on the left hand finger. I doubt George would miss a size that badly if he had been interested in getting her a ring of any kind. Think its just two old rings she has always had. Maybe someone, a relative, gave them to her for an heirloom?
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:50

How much did the Telethon raise for the Important cause ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sat 08 Sep 2012, 14:01

So far, it's raised over $100M. Taylor Swift sang this beautiful tribute she wrote for a four-year-old boy who died with cancer. So sweet, incredibly sad. If you haven't already seen/heard it, I suggest you have a box of tissue handy.

EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sat 08 Sep 2012, 14:07

I don't know why the video isn't showing up. Here's the link.

EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 08 Sep 2012, 14:48

Thanks for informing the amount raised so far EEOsandy Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 09 Sep 2012, 04:22

keep in mind when it comes to which hand has the ring, that sometimes the picture gets reversed when it is published. I have seen this firsthand with some of my red carpet photos.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 09 Sep 2012, 06:15

In all the pictures, the small band has been on her right hand (as i think it usually is) and the bigger cocktail ring on her left hand.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:05

Seems just like a cocktail ring on her left hand however may have been intentionally done to get the gossip back on track about the marriage and distract from the gossip about her cheating. Or she bought herself a ring in Mykonos and wanted to wear it.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Sun 09 Sep 2012, 17:41

Did anyone see this in USA Today? Stacy's comment is not a particularly apt analogy :-) See below for article, Here is her comment on all of them dressing alike: Just back from a summer spent in Europe with boyfriend George Clooney, Keibler likened the sea of similarly dressed celebs to Mykonos, her last stop before resturning home. The T-shirt "represents that we are all one," she said. "It's (similar to) Mykonos with all the houses being painted white. There's something very universal about it."

Is it OK for me to copy it onto here? If not, will someone please take my post off. Thank you. I am trying to make SK's statement be bold, but don't seem to be able to do that either. Sorry.

Hollywood, fight against cancer brings out the A-list
By Andrea Mandell, USA TODAY
Updated 1d 3h ago
What:Stand Up to Cancer live telethon
When: Friday evening
Where: The Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
Guest list: Co-executive producers Gwyneth Paltrow and Joel Gallen, Tim McGraw, Alicia Keys, Julia Roberts, Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel, Robert Pattinson, Tom Hanks, Sofia Vergara, Taylor Swift, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson, Ray Romano, Seth Rogen, Ry Burrell, Eric Stonestreet, Alison Sweeney, Chelsea Handler, Dana Delany, Stacy Keibler, Donald Faison, Dr. Drew Pinsky, Ethan Zohn, Felicity Huffman, US Olympians Gabrielle Douglas and Missy Franklin, Jennie Garth, Jerry Penacoli, Jillian Michaels, Joe Manganiello, Jordana Brewster, Kobe Bryant, Marg Helgenberger, Max Greenfield, Minka Kelly, Simon Baker
Behind the telethon: In Hollywood, the C-word inspires. On Friday, the fight against cancer brought out the A-list, who appealed to the public and manned the phones as artists Alicia Keys, Taylor Swift and Tim McGraw played at the Stand Up to Cancer telethon, which aired live across 23 networks.
The power of Gwyneth's persuasion: Paltrow co-executive produced the event this year, which meant logging hours on the phone before the telethon even started. Putting it together is "difficult," she said. "It takes a lot of people to pull it off. My part in it was just kind of calling in a lot of favors. Asking some friends like Tim (she gestured at McGraw on the press line) to come sing."
When Gwyneth calls: "All she had to do was ask," said McGraw, who performed an emotional version of his song Live Like You Were Dying. "My father died of cancer, my mother had cancer when I was young and she's a survivor." The big names kept rolling out throughout the hour, from Pattinson and Timberlake to Hanks and Roberts. Each star introduced moving packages about patients and doctors fighting the disease.
Remembering Laura Ziskin: Delany was at the event in honor of her dad, who died at 56 from pancreatic cancer, and her friend, Spider-Man producer Laura Ziskin. Ziskin helped found Stand up to Cancer, and died last year after battling breast cancer. "She was an old friend of mine," said Delany. "She asked me to be part of the first (telethon). She's very present here today. Even though we lost Laura, she did an incredible thing and I still believe she will cure cancer. That was her mission, and I think she will."
Standing up for loved ones: Each of the attendees spoke openly on the red carpet of their ties to the deadly disease, including Paltrow, who lost her father Bruce to throat cancer in 2002. "There were a number of years where I would sort of be on the verge of tears when I talked about him and it's been almost a decade now and I'm sort of more used to the fact that he's not here in physical body," she said. "But I definitely feel his presence. And I think he would be happy that I'm here tonight doing this and trying to spare other people from what he went through." Stonestreet said his family had struggled with the disease as well. "My mom's a survivor of cancer — two forms of cancer in one year. So I'm here for her." Faison carried his aunt's memory with him. "I'm here to represent my Aunt Joy," he said. "She passed away last year on October 7."
Dress code: In un-Hollywood fashion, each attendee dressed alike, wearing a Stand Up to Cancer T-shirt paired with jeans. "This T-shirt represents way more than a tux would," said Faison. Brewster added that this was one night in Hollywood when "it's not about how you look, it's not about plugging something. It's really for something that's really important." [b]Just back from a summer spent in Europe with boyfriend George Clooney, Keibler likened the sea of similarly dressed celebs to Mykonos, her last stop before resturning home. The T-shirt "represents that we are all one," she said. "It's (similar to) Mykonos with all the houses being painted white. There's something very universal about it."
Donations can be made through the weekend online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] via phone at 1-888-90-STAND (78263) or by texting STAND to 40202.

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 09 Sep 2012, 18:04

and the analogy is WHAT? Sorry, just sounds a little shallow - "I just got back from Greece - nanny nanny poo poo!!!!" Sorry for my snark...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Sun 09 Sep 2012, 18:08

The analogy is her tone-deaf comparison of whitewashed houses on Mykonos to everyone wearing the same t-shirt for a fund raiser honoring people with cancer. Poor girl, she cannot say anything that makes much sense.

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sun 09 Sep 2012, 18:18

"Just back from a summer spent in Europe with boyfriend George Clooney, Keibler likened the sea of similarly dressed celebs to Mykonos, her last stop before resturning home. The T-shirt "represents that we are all one," she said. "It's (similar to) Mykonos with all the houses being painted white. There's something very universal about it."

Mel, you're not being snarky. What can you say about such a self-involved statement? This is just another example of how she brings everything back to her . Why not eliminate the "me, me, me - let me just add a little something about my 'AMAZING' life" and say something like, "our matching attire symbolizes our unity in fighting this terrible disease" or something that did not deflect from the cause.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 09 Sep 2012, 18:21

EEO, me thinks you should start a school for Stacy to attend on how to write her twits!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 09 Sep 2012, 18:22

The T-shirt "represents that we are all one," she said. "It's (similar to) Mykonos with all the houses being painted white. There's something very universal about it."

Never mind tone deaf - the analogy is completely nonsensical. The houses in Greece are all one color because of the heat, not to make some sort of statement of unity. From WikiAnswers:

Houses are white washed because it keeps them cool. The houses themselves are very old and were built before modern conveniences like air-conditioning. The white wash reflects sunlight keeping them cool. They are even cool to the touch. The houses are white washed three times a year, with each person being responsible for white washing their own home. The blue domes represent the sea and sky.

No wonder she has to work out so much; once her looks go, she literally has NOTHING to fall back on.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Sun 09 Sep 2012, 18:26

When she is not scripted or has no talking points, she really has nothing intelligent to say. Thank you, Missa and EEO for making my points for me!

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sun 09 Sep 2012, 18:37

melbert wrote:EEO, me thinks you should start a school for Stacy to attend on how to write her twits!!

With her, I recommend we begin with a remedial course and work our way up to "Twitting Without Appearing Vapid, Self-Absorbed, Narcissistic, and/or Offensive 101."

Last edited by EEOsandy on Sun 09 Sep 2012, 18:58; edited 1 time in total
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 09 Sep 2012, 18:42

Omg! Just when I think she can't sound any dumber she proves me wrong. Way to go Stacy!! You are supposed to be helping the fight against cancer not bragging about your vacation. If that's the best analogy she could come up with then I think she is beyond help.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 09 Sep 2012, 20:32

How many tons of hairspray did they need to glue her hair from backwards to her forehead?
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sun 09 Sep 2012, 20:37

I found this picture of Stacy from the Stand up 2 Cancer red carpet. I cropped and enlarged it. Her pose is interesting - apparently blatantly calling attention to her rings on both hands??? In this and in one other picture which shows the palm of her left hand (go figure) it looks like several thin bands and perhaps a small stone on one although the stone only shows in the picture of her palm (i.e., the stone was on the palm side of her hand).

Last edited by EEOsandy on Sun 09 Sep 2012, 23:02; edited 1 time in total
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sun 09 Sep 2012, 20:42

Dior wrote:How many tons of hairspray did they need to glue her hair from backwards to her forehead?

Industrial-strength hairspray I'm sure, coupled with extensions. I have to say she looks good here. Her forehead is possibly her least attractive feature and I have never understood why she pulls her hair straight back so often to draw attention to it. This hairstyle is much more attractive.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 09 Sep 2012, 21:18

In Italy there is a saying: "out of a turnip you can not get blood," what they were going to Stacy? It has never been shown to be a deep person and smart? NO Have you ever been shown to think? NO. I believe that possesses only two good legs, but enough to be an important person? No! I believe that she does not care nothing of the telethon, the telethon is a means to promote themselves and tell me what you have in common with white tshirt houses in Mykonos? Nothing but an opportunity par speak their holidays and hope to be envied! Lives of those who have this ability to live in another (the love of George realized that we did not), this woman lives her legs and her body but nothing else. Possible that in a year's association with George certain environments has not improved at all! She is a lost cause. She is as stupid as high!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by uboru Mon 10 Sep 2012, 02:22

Doesn't George usually get his soon to be former girlfriends some type of job just before the breakups?

uboru
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:35

Do you know why I can not stand the stupidity of Stacy? For I am convinced that spending time with a stupid person you must be a bit stupid and I hate to think of this George! .... but I have no alternative and that makes me sad.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 10 Sep 2012, 16:33

Lela, I adore you!!!! lip smack I'm sure that Stace is not that thick, she might be quite canny, and I'm defo sure that our lovely Gee wouldn't be drawn to someone like Stace on a permanent basis, just the usual bit of fluff until he gets sight of someone else. I just think that she has staying power, by moulding to his wishes. Takes balls to do that on a daily basis. I'm sure I would kick n scream a little!! Halo
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Mon 10 Sep 2012, 22:06

In the beginning I really like Stacy and thought George finally found someone that was going to be fun to follow. Unfortunately she has turned out to be quite shallow. There has been a lot of talk about George buying her a ring and finally proposing to her, and as followers of George for years we all know that is made up to sell magazines. So having these rumors going on why would she wear a ring on her left hand. Seems to me she is just pushing these rumors for publicity. This is what Eli did at the end of their relationship. I thought she was once sweet but as time goes on I am thinking she is quite snarky. Is George behind all this to keep his name in the press or is it just her. I don't know I am not in hollywood, is this the best GEorge can do? Come on George date a girl with a little class.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 27 Oct 2013, 00:21

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down