George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney spotted in Germany - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney spotted in Germany - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney spotted in Germany - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney spotted in Germany - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney spotted in Germany - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney spotted in Germany - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney spotted in Germany - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney spotted in Germany - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney spotted in Germany - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney spotted in Germany

+20
doris day
Cinderella
lucy
Maggy
Missa
lelacorb
cindigirl
silly girl
phys major
noodle
Lighterside
annemarie
watching
Best in Category
Joanna
it's me
Katiedot
party animal - not!
LornaDoone
FuturoST
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney spotted in Germany - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney spotted in Germany

Post by annemarie Mon 03 Sep 2012, 23:42

This guy is nothing more than a child molester and he has gotten away with it because he is famous and that gets him a pass.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney spotted in Germany - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney spotted in Germany

Post by Katiedot Tue 04 Sep 2012, 06:27

Missa wrote:I don't see how never working with anyone who's associated with Polanski is possible. If you look at Polanski's IMDB page, his films all have several distributors, including Sony and Summit, which are big names George has almost certainly done business with as well. I can see not working with him directly, and I don't think George ever would, if only to avoid the press that would ensue.
Thank you for these words of wisdom.

George is not in any way supporting Roman Polanski. In fact, Polanski has absolutely nothing to do with this film, with the sighting of George in this restaurant or anything else to do with George. All George did was have lunch in a film studio that at some point in the past had something to do with a film that had something to do with Polanski. As has just about every single film studio in the USA as well.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 04 Sep 2012, 06:46

Coolio
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 04 Sep 2012, 08:26

Missa wrote:BIC, are you really Congressman Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin? I knew he looked like a Clooney fan to me! Smile

Here's a tidbit from the wikipedia page dealing with Polanski's arrest:

Polanski had asked Geimer's mother (a television actress and model) if he could photograph the girl as part of his work for the French edition of Vogue,[11] which Polanski had been invited to guest-edit. Her mother allowed a private photo shoot. Geimer testified that she felt uncomfortable during the first session, in which she posed topless at Polanski's request...[at a second photo shoot she reluctantly agreed to] "We did photos with me drinking champagne," Geimer says. "Toward the end it got a little scary, and I realized he had other intentions and I knew I was not where I should be. I just didn't quite know how to get myself out of there."[13] In a 2003 interview, she recalled that she began to feel uncomfortable after he asked her to lie down on a bed, and described how she attempted to resist. "I said, 'No, no. I don't want to go in there. No, I don't want to do this. No!', and then I didn't know what else to do," she stated, adding: "We were alone and I didn’t know what else would happen if I made a scene. So I was just scared, and after giving some resistance, I figured well, I guess I’ll get to come home after this".

From a website describing a sex offender's strategy:

Step 1:
Identify the potential victim. Assess vulnerability and opportunity.
Vulnerability and opportunity to offend are the main reasons for selecting a victim. (He asks her mother for her to do the photo shoot - clearly he knew she was underage, or he would have asked the girl herself.)

Step 2:
Establish positive rapport with the potential victim. (Provided her with alcohol)

Step 3:
Test the victim. (At first photo shoot, requested she take her top off)

Step 4:
Isolate the victim. (Moved the "shoot" to a private bedroom with doors that locked)

Step 5:
Victimize.

For those who think the victim is "over it", she in fact sued him in civil court for emotional distress. Most recently "Samantha Geimer filed to have the charges against Polanski dismissed from court, saying that decades of publicity as well as the prosecutor's focus on lurid details continues to traumatize her and her family.". And that's why so many of these creeps get away with it. Having to relive the trauma over and over again is too much to bear.

As for George working with this studio, it makes me a little uncomfortable, but I don't see how never working with anyone who's associated with Polanski is possible. If you look at Polanski's IMDB page, his films all have several distributors, including Sony and Summit, which are big names George has almost certainly done business with as well. I can see not working with him directly, and I don't think George ever would, if only to avoid the press that would ensue.

wikipedia article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sex offender article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No idea who you are referring to. Impossible to rape willing, isn't it? Seems like we are confusing porridge and gruel here. So he is the bad guy! BAD BAD BAD. Twisted Evil Now I'm interested... so bad that they don't come in dark clouds. I'd like to meet him. Before you swallow it wrong way, I'd like to meet him after I meet Fidel first. Is he still alive and kicking, you know the guy? Has a paradise island, 11 million slaves and more money than queen of England. If I fly to Havanna and knock on a door of Palace de la Revolution, would he let me in? I would bring bottle of very good wine and best chocolate -- anything. Viva Fidel! Very Happy

And back to today's topic. Any graphologies online? To explain what his handwriting tells? cheers

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:23

I'm pretty sure in my original comment I used the term "just my opinion" but to clarify as I opened a can of worms......

I have no interest in financially supporting any person or company who have chosen to associate with Polanski. This includes the actors who appear in his films, those who produce his films, the musicians who supply the music, etc. No interest. And yes, for me, that includes supporting any future work those parties may undertake - i.e. the production company Polanski has made a film through. My opinion is that you condone his behaviour when you support his work and make it acceptable just because he is in the public eye and is apparently good as a director. And if he is famous, well then he shouldn't have to face court and be dealt with by the law (and society standards) that the rest of us have to adhere to. Polanski paying the victim a chuck of money a few years back does not absolve him of his crimes.

Happy to go onto IMDB and see what projects he has done and with who and ensure that I won't ever support those projects in the future. If I am aware of a connection to someone like Polanski, I sure as hell won't support whatever the project is. That includes if George chooses to work with the production company that feels it is appropriate to hire a child molester.

People took issue and exception with George working for Nepresso in respect to the baby milk scandal. George did not have a direct link to that scandal (he worked for a subsidiary of the parent company Nestle – not the particular company providing the milk) but he was called out for it and questioned on this forum as to why he continued to work for the company in light of his humanitarian work. I suggest this is the same thing. George is not working directly with Polanski but he is working with the company that has condoned his actions and past behaviour. He is well aware through his work as a documentary producer and humanitarian action, the damage that sexual assault can have on a person. He has spoken out of meeting people in the Sudan who were raped by the Janjaweed and the devastation it can cause but he is willing to work with people who through choosing to work with Polanski, seem to think it is ok and acceptable to rape a 13 year old girl.

George (and many here) are more than welcome to feel differently but I won't ever change my position to support those who choose to support a paedophile who fled prosecution because he might have had to go to jail if the judge overruled on the plea bargain for a crime he plead guilty to. For me it is a simple and fundamental issue of maintaining a level of integrity and credibility in all aspects of one’s life.

And clearly I think George & Grant should know better and expect better from the studio and the financiers of the project. But then, that's just me. As my viewpoint and position on this is so controversial and I am out of line with the feeling of the posters on this site, then I really don't belong here.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 04 Sep 2012, 11:17

Not true, Watching. Everybody has their own opinions, and you have eloquently expressed yours. Excellent.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 04 Sep 2012, 11:38

I just don't think you've thought this through Watching. Babelsberg films is just one of four production companies hired as part of the making of the film. Why pick on them in particular?

If you want to avoid everything that's got any connection with Polanski, no matter how distant then you're barely going to be able to watch any films or television because at one point or another every US and European film company has either produced, filmed or distributed a film of his and of course every TV station worldwide that shows entertainment has broadcast his films.

Just looking at the credits for Ghostwriter, you're going to have to avoid almost all British films because sound was recorded at Pinewood. In fact, much of the filming was done in the UK using British crews. You'll pretty much have to avoid every film ever made because Arri cameras were used, the sound is in Dolby and the film stock is by Kodak. Getty, Corbis and the BBC provided stock photos. KPMG did the accountancy.

But that's only for the one film. He's directed 34 films or shorts, produced 11, acted in 37 films and written 32 according to IMDb which means you're going to have to boycott every film or TV company in the western hemisphere. You might be ok with Bollywood and Chinese cinema though.

I disagree that you don't belong here because of your opinions [strongly disagree - I'd a million times rather have a conversation like this than the girlfriend posts] but I'll be interested to see how you'll cope never being able to watch any film ever again. Wink

Last edited by Katiedot on Tue 04 Sep 2012, 13:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : replied to the wrong poster and added a thought)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 04 Sep 2012, 13:24

As my viewpoint and position on this is so controversial and I am out of line with the feeling of the posters on this site, then I really don't belong here.

@ watching....Oh please don't go No ....it would be a huge loss if you left this forum. Your posts always add a lot of good insight and commentary, as well as finding some of the best articles. I for one, would miss you terribly! Give Flowers

I just don't think you've thought this through Lorna.

Katie....I don't mean to butt in but it was watching, not Lorna who made that post you are responding to. Thumbs up!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 04 Sep 2012, 13:45

Ayaaa, so it was! Thanks Lighter and my apologies to Lorna.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 04 Sep 2012, 22:29

Watching,

I think most of us (with a couple of notable, nutty exceptions) agree with you on the "Roman Polanski is a terrible excuse for a human being" point. I think the point many of us is trying to make is that because so many people in Hollywood are willing to overlook his history, a TON of people and companies have worked with him in some capacity. I completely understand not wanting to support Polanski; I won't watch his films even when they're free on television. And I find myself keeping away from films starring actors that have worked with him in the past. Knowing they were willing to associate with him turns me off them completely.

But by taking such a sweeping stance of never watching anything affiliated with anyone who has ever worked with him in any capacity, is almost punishing yourself. You're going to miss out on some great entertainment and in reality, it won't affect Polanski at all. That said, this is such a sensitive topic, and people react so personally to it for different reasons, you are certainly entitled to feel how you feel. I'd just hate to see you miss out on some great films because of that miserable guy.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 04 Sep 2012, 22:41

BIC,

Roman Polanski's handwriting analyzed:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

According to the site, the underscore on his signature seems to indicate significant ego. Shocking. (Seriously, what did we do to settle arguments before Google? confused )

Just one more article on exactly what he did to this girl. Great details on how she was "asking for it" by saying no repeatedly, trying to put her clothes back on, and faking an asthma attack to get him off her. She obviously seduced him, the 13-year-old hussy.

Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 05 Sep 2012, 18:46

Well glad I stayed away from COH and this thread. But have to say Joanna I agree, love me some GTC in leather, but in photo he looking too thin for me. What do you say to borrowing Mel's jet and following him around the world fattening him up?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 05 Sep 2012, 19:15

I'll certainly go with the "jet setting following George around" idea.....but must confess to liking his lean look ! LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 05 Sep 2012, 19:35

scratch
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Wed 05 Sep 2012, 23:04

i obviously hate what polansky did to the girl but i cannot forget what was his life when he was a child during nazism and what happened to his wife;this is not an excuse but all the violence he went through certainly left a tremendous mark;i believe that somebody who went through that is shocked for all his life and react in the most different and also awful ways;and also i dont believe that hes the only one in the show biz that behaved how he did with that girl;i think that we should be very careful to judge somebody because if we are so severe we should do the same with more or less all the powerful persons in the world who in one way or the other have a responsability about life and death of milions of people
.they say that pope PIo xii knew could do something against what was happening against jews during nazism and he did not,for instance;lets think to wherever there is a war like in syria where hundreds of children die and there is not a real intervenction because there is not oil so its not as important as irak but we do not judge the politicians as killers because they do not start a war there to stop whats on;
i think that it i very difficult to be in the position to be able judge in the absolute right way a person or a situation

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Thu 06 Sep 2012, 03:21

Raping a 13 year old girl is never right! No matter what!

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 06 Sep 2012, 04:47

Katiedot wrote:Ayaaa, so it was! Thanks Lighter and my apologies to Lorna.

Ah, that's ok Katiedot. I know you wake up and think about me every day so I'm not surprised you had a Freudian slip! kiss kiss! Brahahahahaha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 06 Sep 2012, 04:54

Joanna wrote:I'll certainly go with the "jet setting following George around" idea.....but must confess to liking his lean look ! LOL

Joanna as much as he looks good when he does his photo shoots, if he looks thin in the photo then in person he will look anorexic. Been there seen that!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 06 Sep 2012, 15:39

Watching your opinions are always valued, due to the fact that they are always interesting, and filled with passion. Rape is never right no matter who is doing it. Just feel that some of us can admire Mr. Polanski professional career, doesn't mean we condone his bad life choices. Depending on your own personal life experience allows for compassion for others mistakes. He has paid and is continuing to pay for what he did to that young girl, it's just not living in a prison as most would.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 06 Sep 2012, 17:41

Missa wrote:BIC,

Roman Polanski's handwriting analyzed:

According to the site, the underscore on his signature seems to indicate significant ego. Shocking. (Seriously, what did we do to settle arguments before Google? confused )

Just one more article on exactly what he did to this girl. Great details on how she was "asking for it" by saying no repeatedly, trying to put her clothes back on, and faking an asthma attack to get him off her. She obviously seduced him, the 13-year-old hussy.

I meant GC's handwriting analyses... sorry. That was earlier here somewhere in this thread... Very Happy
Polanski case: I have seen a document about it. It was horrible. I have never wanted to travel to US after watching it. Justice system is really scary like in Russian. "If we know the crime, we will find the guilty...", no wonder there are so many law series coming from US... Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Fri 07 Sep 2012, 08:55

This is the one I saw. Roman Polanski: wanted and desired.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 10 Sep 2012, 21:09

George is still in Europe?

World stars George Clooney visited Wolfenbüttel
Wolfenbüttel The famous actor and producer George Clooney visited Wolfenbüttel. Resin, sought positions.

Karl-Ernst Hueske

George Clooney embraces Janina Letzel operating at Wolfenbüttel brewery.
Photo: Private
2 Photos
The brewery Wolfenbüttel in the town hall was very well attended. Therefore, the guest of honor this past Sunday was not initially, especially as he sat with his back toward the house. But waiter Carlo La Pusata was a few minutes with a pair of Berlin at the next table asked if it was actually the famous actor and producer George Clooney, was eating at a nearby table with three other Americans and two Germans for lunch.

He initially denied the waiter. But the guest from Berlin insisted and asked the waiter to ask if George Clooney actually ate at the brewery with a small salad. Shortly after got confirmation La Pusata. The guest from Berlin said only: "You have to come from the big city of Berlin, in a small Wolfenbüttel George Clooney to see for yourself."

Once the star of America another Tarte and a piece of apple pie with ice cream had taken to himself because he had three Cuvée Rose, also took a bit 'of time for a few photos with the staff of the brewery . And even in the guest book at the restaurant, she always wore a still, before a van with tinted windows from the resin direction of the market town drove, where he was looking for places for a new film project to search.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 10 Sep 2012, 21:13

Thanks, Lela.
He looks nice. Hope his projects are going fine.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 10 Sep 2012, 21:55

?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 10 Sep 2012, 22:01

searching thru breweries??? confused

and

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellita Tue 11 Sep 2012, 06:11

wow, that's a lot of drinking. Shocked

Stellita
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 11 Sep 2012, 07:00

so, next spot?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 11 Sep 2012, 08:07

always good to search for better beer and rose Drink 3

Next spot would be champagne valley, no?

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 11 Sep 2012, 09:58

here also
we have
good vino

no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:48

Looks like the same film crew are with him as on the other location hunts. Definitely moving in a relatively small area near Berlin. Clothing looks the same too. Was something lost in translation? Did they mean three glasses of rose?!

Always wanted the job of location research.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:55

Oh, and both Wolfenbuttal and Quedlinburg are very picturesque Medieval towns. Quedlinburg is a UNESCO World Heritage site

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 11 Sep 2012, 12:53

I just checked the German and it's not clear if it was three glasses or three bottles. Seeing as there were six of them, it could be either . . .
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 11 Sep 2012, 12:54

Hopefully we'll be seeing views of all these lovely places in his film.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 11 Sep 2012, 13:01

Mm, I hope so too. They look fantastic on Google. You know, I have a feeling the timings on these two stories are a bit out. I think they were closer together. To trek to LA to record for President Obama, and then go all the way back to look at a location in the same sort of area?? Oh, but I forgot. We're talking about George Clooney here...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 11 Sep 2012, 13:15

and sober
I would hope Rolling Eyes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 11 Sep 2012, 13:34

Maybe he has agreements made not to publish pictures like that
until he's left the area?
For obvious reasons.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 11 Sep 2012, 13:42

hmmm.... interrrresting
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 11 Sep 2012, 17:12

Unter den Linden was a lot of construction work going on -- I was there a while ago...

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 11 Sep 2012, 17:56

George in Wolfenbüttel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 11 Sep 2012, 21:16

Haha, what a sweet smile on Mr. Handsome!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 11 Sep 2012, 22:15

Laughing Der Alte !
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 11 Sep 2012, 22:17

no Heheheeeee

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 11 Sep 2012, 22:23

Ma si, he's ready for rockingchairs ads ! rabbit
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 11 Sep 2012, 22:26

Atalante wrote:Ma si, he's ready for rockingchairs ads ! rabbit
poisson davril
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 12 Sep 2012, 00:00

Atalante wrote:Ma si, he's ready for rockingchairs ads ! rabbit

poisson davril poisson davril
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by blackmamba Wed 12 Sep 2012, 00:35

I´m a bit confused and to the pic above isn`t a source. Are the sightings recently or are they from the weekend two weeks ago? Question

blackmamba
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 12 Sep 2012, 03:52

Nobody knows, blackmamba. The reports are saying that the pictures are recent although I can't figure out how that can be.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 12 Sep 2012, 18:40

Awww... it doesn't matter... as long as he looks good and healthy!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2