George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay

+2
cindigirl
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay Empty Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay

Post by Katiedot Tue 28 Aug 2012, 07:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rosemary Clooney Dead Newspaper Cover From Her Hometown in Maysville, Ky

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Starting bid is $20
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay Empty Re: Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay

Post by cindigirl Wed 29 Aug 2012, 15:54

I was reading about an interview George had with Larry King who asked George if his Aunt Rosemary died alone. George replied she died "gracefully." That touched my heart.

Here's a quote from the Larry King interview in 2006.

KING: Did Rosie die well?

CLOONEY: She died gracefully.

KING: That's what I mean.

CLOONEY: She died with class. Hard to do, I think. I was there with her the day she died. And it's a tricky thing, you know? It is -- the interesting thing I found was it was the most personal thing you can do, it's the most private thing you can do.

People always say, aren't you afraid of dying alone? You die alone, you know, it is the one journey that only you are taking. And it was interesting to watch how graceful and how beautiful she did that. She made everyone understand that she could handle it, and that's -- you know, that makes it easier on the people who stick around.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay Empty Re: Local newspaper announcing Rosemary Clooney's death for sale on eBay

Post by Joanna Wed 29 Aug 2012, 17:15

Thanks cindi for telling that story....I'd not heard it before although I knew George was with his Aunt Rosemary when she died.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 29 Aug 2012, 17:32

You're welcome Joanna - The article is interesting. If anyone has about a half hour to spare I copied it below from CNN.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 30 Aug 2012, 02:10

Thanks CindiGirl. I so enjoy George's interviews. When I read them, I can actually "see and hear" him. Weird...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 30 Aug 2012, 08:35

huuuu
what a pic Mel!!! love1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 30 Aug 2012, 14:23

Reading this has brought tears to my eyes, so touching, these are the reasons I'm a fan of George.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down