George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Random things about you EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Random things about you EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Random things about you EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Random things about you EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Random things about you EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Random things about you EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Random things about you EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Random things about you EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Random things about you EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Random things about you

+8
blubelle
Cinderella
playfuldeb
theminis
Joanna
phys major
it's me
Best in Category
12 posters

Go down

Random things about you Empty Random things about you

Post by Best in Category Thu 12 Jul 2012, 09:57

I found this was quite funny at the other site (I am the alpha pup there☺). As we are anonymous and can’t reveal who we are for real it is fun to share at least something – like random things about you.
I share my own list as an example (probably bad one):

<3 I would like to follow the slow food philosophy

<3 I don´t like routine

<3 I wish I were a ballet dancer

<3 I always prefer salty over sweet

<3 I need a lot of sleep, at least 8 hours/night, and +preferably 15 min siesta

<3 Burberry The Beat, is the perfume I use

<3 I can´t stand traffic jams or internet connection related problems at all

<3 I have more thoughts, for one person to handle

<3 I have never fallen asleep with my makeup on

<3 I can jump over 4.92 feet high fence with the horse (if the horse has the capacity for it)

<3 I love summer, winter, fall and spring – all four season

<3 I envy people who have perfect feet

< 3 I am scared of corn (getting one/them)

< 3 I laugh same jokes over and over again like “ I follow the ABC rule. Anything but chardonnay.”

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Random things about you Empty Re: Random things about you

Post by it's me Thu 12 Jul 2012, 14:01

at your
" I have never fallen asleep with my makeup on"
I thought you are a man! LOL!

I agree on many Thumbs up!
but surely on "I envy people who have perfect feet" (add legs)
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 12 Jul 2012, 17:36

I try to live by the moto: Three things in human life are important. 1st is to be KIND, the 2 Is to be KIND, and the 3rd is to be KIND...

I Love to laugh, I love people who can crack me up!!!

If you tell me a story I see it play out in my mind which makes it so much more interesting...

I love to sit down and spend time with the Homeless. You wouldn't believe how intelligent they are and the circumstances that sent them there..

I believe babies are the closest thing to God you can hold..

I love to Sail the peace and solitude of the wind in my face is spiritual..

I'm an advocate for the underdog

Sharks scare me but I will dive with them?

I cry when people tell me my children are the kindest people they have ever met..

I despise people who abuse animals and children

I believe that the elderly are a wealth full of knowledge!!!!

Wealth and status mean nothing to me!!!

Fake people bore me...

I'm childlike and always will be..

I have premonitions when I dream...

phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 12 Jul 2012, 22:23

"I thought you are a man! Thank you! I take it as a compliment.

It’s men’s world., so…

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 13 Jul 2012, 00:20

Very Happy

Hello!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Jul 2012, 00:35

"I despise people who abuse animals and children"

Mind if I add to that phys ?

"I despise people who abuse vulnerable elderly people too"
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 13 Jul 2012, 01:11

"I believe babies are the closest thing to God you can hold.." - exactly my thoughts

1. I love nothing better than buying new towels/pyjamas/scented candles

2. Have kept every birthday/Christmas card since I was 5 years old

3. A good cup of coffee is my favourite indulgence

4. Wear Salvatore Feramango perfume and VB

5. Hope that my 3 children when adults will be able to say and feel that no matter what, they knew without a doubt that they were loved .

6. Had 2 rottweilers (who mistakenly thought they were lap dogs!), one that was by my side for 13 years, miss her terribly.

7. Worked in the oil industry for 17 years and can't believe where that time went.

8. Youngest (at 40) of 6 kids, and no matter how old I get, I will always feel like the baby of the family (which is sometimes a good thing)

9. Have met several women over the last 2 years, one of whom has become a quite unexpected and excellent friend.

10. I believe in fate to a point, some things are too amazing to be random

11. Have experienced true and absolute peaceful spiritual moments several times in my life already, and grateful for it.

12. Love fast cars and have been humouring my partner of 16 years that I love motorcycles, his Ducati wasnt too bad so I rode on that one the most.

13. Wish I was a better cook but getting there slowly.

14. I can type over 150 words per minute and 100 words shorthand

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Fri 13 Jul 2012, 08:01

Interesting theminis.

“Have kept every birthday/Christmas card since I was 5 years old” We have something in common! I could have said that too. Not since I was 5 years old but anyway I do keep my cards.

One time I met a guy (busy, zigzagged around the world) who asked me out. I asked him to send me postcards from the places he was going prior our “date”. He wasn’t really interested but since I had asked he did. Wouldn’t it be better if he send text messages – no! So I got many, many postcards with nice stamps on them and I was so happy everytime there was a new card in the mailbox ☺️.

Then he came back. We met. As he was sitting opposite to me I could see through the shirt there was something in his chest. I waited for a right moment to ask about it. Nibble piercing it was. I was perplexed and could only ask was there any particular reason why it was on his left nibble?!

At the end of the date he asked what I was doing the following day. Sleeping, studying, watering my plants. He asked me to call him if I get bored… I didn’t say it but No way. I do not call men. Never. If I am in serious trouble, accident or what ever I call 911, not any man!
(Do not say that something good can come out of it, that women can call men. I don’t buy it. It is called meta ignorance)

Then he called me next week (probably waited 5 days, as players have that rule) and he was pissed at me. Really pissed. Didn’t I know how extremely difficult it was for him to find stamps in all those places?!? Remote villages in China, India where there are no running water – nothing and nobody speaks English... All the work he had done and now radio silence from my part..

It was too much for me piercing, calling. Those days I could pick. Wink Nice cards, I still have them.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:13

Great story - I have a lot of postcards that family sent me on their travels, way better than text msgs/emails any day. Its always the personal touches that mean the most.

Now I'm thinking that if a guy you barely knew went to the trouble of sending you postcards from lots of exotic locations, he may have been the type of guy you do call back!! However if it was meant to be then it would have been! Does that make sense.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 14 Jul 2012, 04:24

wow - you girls are so good, and so philosophical. I'm not as deep as some of you, but here goes . . .

I believe that anything is possible if you want it bad enough.

Never say never; the only person stopping you from getting what you want is yourself

I get hunches, and then I realize it's God talking to me, telling me to do something.

Complete love is something you can never fully express or convey

I never say no to an opportunity, because I never know if I like it or not until I've tried it.

Photography and motorcycle riding is in my blood. I cant imagine life without them

I'm am absolutely terrified of snakes. My mind paralyzes when I see one.

I pray for the goodness of the world every day. No more war, terrorism, violence.

Once menopause hit full force, my raging hormones caused quite a weight gain. There's a tiny person inside of me screaming to be let out

I dont take myself seriously. I love to laff and find things in life to laff at

playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 14 Jul 2012, 06:24

plaful deb - excellent, wish I could adopt some of your thoughts, especially not taking myself seriously!!

"Complete love is something you can never fully express or convey"
- you managed to say in one sentence what I hope my kids will fell when they are older

Snakes dont worry me, - forget moths and when a flock of birds start flapping their wings near me, you will be find me behind a tree screaming. Basically anything with wings freak me out.

Anything is possible, fully believe that Very Happy

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 14 Jul 2012, 09:15

Complete love is something you can never fully express or convey

perfect statement hon Thumbs up!

well, about " Basically anything with wings freak me out. " I'm more on anything with wings running directly against me pale

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 14 Jul 2012, 09:25

Playfuldeb, great list! I wish I could have had some of your points in my list…

“I believe that anything is possible if you want it bad enough.”

Unfortunately I have to disagree. Based on my own experience.

“Never say never; the only person stopping you from getting what you want is yourself”

Yes and no. If he had said he would like me to design a space shuttle for a trip to the planet mars, it would be halfway into production already. True I can’t say never, but it is a long haul…

As a warning example to other girls what NOT to do –

One fine day in one of the world’s holiday resorts, I noticed a guy was looking at me. He was with some people and I was with my friends. At some point he walked over and said “ Hello! (in such a voice as I had been long missing and he was delighted to see me again) do you have name, number, address?” I do. “ Before you write it down for me. I give you 3 minutes to convince me why I should ask you out. Time starts now (and he looked at his watch).” Any girl with brain in their head would have left, but I… I started talking.
“okay, you look like thirteen years old but sound like you are 102. Interesting. I give you one chance.”
Then a woman came over calling his name and asking who I was. “ My collegue’s daughter – no this is my new girlfriend, which makes you an ex”. Woman called him other names at this point, jerk, worst womanizer, every woman’s nightmare, AH etc. I got to know his name and a lot about him! He sent me to the seventh heaven by looking at me. The look had all the information what could be, might be, will be.

This happened ten years ago. I never became his girlfriend. But let’s say, if he knows that I am driving somewhere in winter conditions he texts me “slippery?” One word and it says a lot. After I hear from him I smile at least for a week. I do hear from him. We can easily talk 5 hours on the phone at night. And I wake up really fresh and happy! He has never been married. king

“Complete love is something you can never fully express or convey” Or expect…

War, terrorism and violence department – If I read horrendous, arduous news about Sudan or tsetsenian or any other silent holocausts it is so regular but if it is about some Siperian tiger puppy slaughtered, it really makes me sad.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 14 Jul 2012, 09:31

Oh I forgot the menopause thing – 30 is new 20, 40 is new 30 and 50 is new 40 and so on. So usually people do worry about it at least a decade too early!

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 14 Jul 2012, 09:33

I never became his girlfriend.

W H Y ? ? ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 14 Jul 2012, 09:41

well, about " Basically anything with wings freak me out. " I'm more on anything with wings running directly against me pale

[/quote]

Once upon a time I took a long holiday with my current partner, we were in the middle of Australian desert at a campsite, one warning about Australian desert, lots and lots of gigantic bugs. My better half decided we would go to the games room and have some fun, now being the only place with lights on in the middle of the desert it was a major attraction for every bug in Alice Springs. Whilst he was trying to play an arcade game, I was clinging to him with my head buried in his back, screaming hysterical because gigantic flying grasshoppers almost the size of my hand were continually buzzing and hitting me in the head. THis was early in our relationship so I was really trying to be impressive (major fail) he to this day tells that story as if its the funniest day he's ever had while for me its one of my nightmares!!!! DOnt even get me started about the day a bunch of geese started chasing me through a park, trying to bite me, while he was on the ground collapsing from laughter! affraid
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 14 Jul 2012, 09:43

The reason I made the first two comments is because in 1995 a car ran a red light and broadsided my bicycle. I had just bought it at a garage sale and rode two blocks before being nailed by a 16 year old. I was severly brain injured and medically paralyzed. List of my broken bones, neck, 4 vertebrae in my back, both hips, 4 ribs, hand, foot, collarbone, shoulder. I lost most of my memory (including the ability to talk) and was told by five surgeons I would probably never walk or talk again. I refused to believe them. I didnt know my children, didnt know I had been a photographer for the past 26 years, didnt know any vocabulary besides the word no. I had sold my home and moved to Denver to get married before this accident, and 7 months after the accident the fiance left on Monday, the state took away my children (ages 9 and 11) on Tuesday and the landlord showed up on Friday and kicked me out because the rent hadnt been paid in three months. I put my things in the horse trailer, attached it to my pickup truck and slept in a sleeping bag in the back of the truck as it was parked in the horse pasture, while wearing a body cast. I didnt give up tho. After one year I could kinda sorta talk and walk so I went to school to learn something so I could get a job. In one year I got a two year degree in computer sccience, a two year degree in computer networking. I took 50-60 credits a semester and passed with all A's except one class. I got a job, got my kids back, got a life again. I didnt say never. I didnt take no for an answer. I wanted to overcome the accident and I did whatever it took to get over it. Do I remember anything about my previous life? Not much. Do I care. Not really. I move forward.

Look at a child who wants something. They will do everything and anything to get what they want. The only reason we, as adults, dont do this is because it has been instilled in us that behaviour as such is bad manners. We block ourselves from accomplishments. We have the ability to choose when we will stop, or "behave", and we set our own boundaries. But we dont have to limit ourselves; we can follow our ambitions and believe in ourselves and let ourselves be what ever it is that we wish to be. IF we refuse to stop ourselves.

If I would have listened to the doctors I might still be in a wheelchair, accepting that that would be my fate. But I refused to acknowledge that set of circumstances was going to be my future.

So I stand firm in my statements. But then that's jmo!

sorry, went off on a tangent
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 14 Jul 2012, 09:45

theminis wrote:

Once upon a time I took a long holiday with my current partner, we were in the middle of Australian desert at a campsite, one warning about Australian desert, lots and lots of gigantic bugs. My better half decided we would go to the games room and have some fun, now being the only place with lights on in the middle of the desert it was a major attraction for every bug in Alice Springs. Whilst he was trying to play an arcade game, I was clinging to him with my head buried in his back, screaming hysterical because gigantic flying grasshoppers almost the size of my hand were continually buzzing and hitting me in the head. THis was early in our relationship so I was really trying to be impressive (major fail) he to this day tells that story as if its the funniest day he's ever had while for me its one of my nightmares!!!! DOnt even get me started about the day a bunch of geese started chasing me through a park, trying to bite me, while he was on the ground collapsing from laughter! affraid [/quote]

My imagination loves the visuals you've created
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 14 Jul 2012, 09:49

theminis, amore mio, quell'uomo era un bel CRETINO!!!

DEB
I'm speechless....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:02

it's me wrote:theminis, amore mio, quell'uomo era un bel CRETINO!!!

DEB
I'm speechless....

Its me - he was and still is an absolute sweetheart, I think its just the laughing so hard prevented him from being more chivalrous, and his excuse now is that he thought I was over-acting as no-one could be that scared of grasshoppers!!

Playfuldeb - maybe you will like this story. We had gone on 11 day trip to Alice Springs, he (husband) paid (it was his treat) and we stayed in some really amazing accommodation, only saying that as I do like a good hotel suite. When we got to Ayers Rock (Uluru) he insisted we camp out, I was not really enthusiastic. We arrived just as it got dark, put the tent up with the help of torches, went to games room (nightmare) and ran back to the tent. Stuck my head out of the tent at midnight and was truly amazed at the sky, the blackest I had ever seen it, but the stars/constellations/nebulas etc absolutely mind-blowing. I had never in my life seen so many stars and so many beautiful sights, we stayed up for hours laying on our backs staring at the sky like we both did when kids. Thought nothing would surpass that moment until I woke up the next morning, looked outside our tent. The earth was so red, colour hard to describe, the shrubs and trees so incredibly green against this backdrop and in the distance Ayers Rock itself which truly changes colour throughout the day depending on where the sun is/sunset etc. Very spiritual place and one step closer to God. I was so grateful that I had listened to him and agreed to camp out, no hotel could match that for me.

And once again, sorry to hear about what you went through but so lighthearted hearing how you pulled through - thanks for sharing. Very Happy

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:19

Playfuldeb I'm so pleased you survived all that trauma, and much more, and became the special lady that you are Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 14 Jul 2012, 14:19

Deb, you inspire me! Thank you for sharing! May God be with you always!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 14 Jul 2012, 16:21

Playful - I have no words other than you are amazing.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Jul 2012, 16:23

Wow, that's amazing Playful.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 17:16

Thank you for sharing your amazing story of strength and hope. It puts me to shame, thinking of times I've collapsed under far lesser trials. You have an awesome and inspiring testimony. May God continue to bless and keep you!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 14 Jul 2012, 20:01

I never became his girlfriend? Why???

I tried to wave slow down, butterfly is crossing the road. He laughed and hit the gas pedal. Butterfly mashed to his windshield.

Every story has two sides. That one fine day I was talking about, turned into evening. We (me & my friends) went out and around midnight he came over to me second time just to say I should go to the bed. He didn’t like me hanging there and I was too young for him (his opinion) .He didn’t have wife, family, didn’t I know something was wrong with him, that he was bad… too bad for me? His friend tried to warn me of him. But did I listen? Nope. I took his advice and went to my room (dreaming about him). Next day same friend who tried to warn me of him told that he had picked a girl right before closing time and told him next day what a vacuum cleaner she had been – super vacuum cleaner, sucking even wall papers out of the walls…

Again, any sensible girl would have stayed away from him. I had had high and low in 24 h because of him. He called me like nothing had happened “ Did you sleep well, any movie on tv? …” . I wanted to say that he could have been there with me instead of wasting his time with that vacuum cleaner, but I didn’t. His bad reputation, bad action shed a shadow to what could have been a beginning of our relationship. And what sadly was the beginning of our some sort of relationship.

He knew that I knew, so he acted like a real gentleman next couple of years that we were seeing. Thousand times out for dinner, 100 times to movies like friends. Good friends. He called it “poking a hole to the iceberg time”. He remembers my birthday, name day, and the day we met. He sends me things I do not know how to get otherwise.

So I can’t deliver the answer why. We have had this bizarre relationship for over 10 years. I should go somewhere from here….I know this doesn’t answer the question, but it is sooooo long story. ( too boring so I save you from it).

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jul 2012, 00:25

thanks
now I know
only you know
why
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 15 Jul 2012, 07:18

I like that story Best in Category. I had a friend like that. Bizarre to the end. Unexplainable. Those types of men are like the flame that draws the moth in. As long as you are ok, and not hurt, you've had an experience that will become cherished when you are much older and reflect on your younger life.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 15 Jul 2012, 08:40

thanks
now I know
only you know
why

Exactly.
+ I had to change things to make it unrecognizable. So there is no point to whole story.
But he did ask, “Marry me?” - No.
I don’t know why, no one knows, not even God knows why.

In marriages there seems to be two days people know, they are certain, the day they say “I do” and the day they file for divorce. Just a general observation of marriages.

Playfuldeb, I have to withdraw my disagreement statement. I didn’t come to think of those countless hardships in life that can hit any of us any given moment. Pure will power.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:05

Don't know, why things like that happen to me:

A little time ago, I was chasing a moth in my bedroom. Usually, I try to catch insects in a glas or a cup and then set them free.
But this one flew somewhere I couldn't get it.
Suddenly without thinking, I caught myself doing a pretty strange thing:
I reached out with my finger and said to the moth:"Come!"
And the moth came out from its safe place where I never could have gotten to and sat down on my finger like a bird.
Then I opened the window and it flew away.

Strange experience.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:53

Nice story Dior....one day we may know the answers ?

If a Bee is trying to get out of a closed window I open it and talk gently to say "this is the way out" and often it works.
Bee keepers recommend telling the Bees about things going on
their lives too.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jul 2012, 21:01

sweet!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 16 Jul 2012, 02:46

Very Brave of you Dior. I love butterlies (scared of moths, weird) so went to the Butterfly enclosure to enjoy, after 2 minutes of all that fluttering, I almost knocked children out of the way desperate to escape my terror!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 24 Jul 2012, 08:50

Poor minis. I giggled at the way you wrote it and yet I realize that at the time it wasnt funny. You'll have to get your butterfly kisses from eyelashes instead.

I think all creatures feel the "vibes" we set off. The moth, the bees, even people when they stop and listen and feel. I think there are some amazing women on this forum and I am glad that everyone here is sharing themselves. From reading the other posts, I see things that I have done as well. Have you ever thought how much all of us are really alike no matter how far away from each other we live?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 24 Jul 2012, 13:16

how much all of us are really alike no matter how far away from each other we live?

sweet thought !!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 30 Jun 2020, 18:20

I have a dog and a cat on my vision board.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down