George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning

+38
Way2Old4Dis
Clooneygirl
janieb
m4rose
blubelle
Seth Gecko
Aly
MM
fluffy
Lakin460
laetval
Bidbod
NotAvailable
melbert
Barbara Garabedian
Henway
it's me
playfuldeb
Katiedot
LornaDoone
Cinderella
silly girl
premiere
Doug Ross
phys major
Missa
The next mrs clooney
lelacorb
cindigirl
bamboochacha
doris day
macs
Joanna
noodle
bellybaby
davidarochelle
barla
EEOsandy
42 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning

Post by davidarochelle Wed 11 Jul 2012, 15:02

Lakin460,
My roomie showed me how to copy the post, google "translate" and then push "English." It works automatically every time. IMO The article disses G, when he used to be very, very welcome in Como and Italy.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler get food poisoning

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 11 Jul 2012, 15:03

davidarochelle wrote:Way2Old4Dis,
I hope you stick around and post more often; you are very logical. Do you work in entertainment or psychology or analysis?

Thanks. I like it here.

The "logic" probably comes from the benefit of hindsight on too many of my own bad relationships... or a childhood spent as an overly observant nerd. Pick one.

I work in a non-entertaining part of entertainment.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 15:28

davidarochelle wrote:Lakin460,
My roomie showed me how to copy the post, google "translate" and then push "English." It works automatically every time. IMO The article disses G, when he used to be very, very welcome in Como and Italy.

Thanks, Davida!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 11 Jul 2012, 15:37

[/quote]Can somebody tell me how to get this translated to English? I don't speak Italian. Thanks.[/quote]

Lakin I translated with bing - it didn't translate the whole article but I think most of it.

golf Matt against the paparazzi. Controversy with the restaurant (so far) of trust, accused of having poisoned an entire retinue. The whole thing made more realistic by tweet of girlfriend Stacy duly taken by our newspapers in any slow news day.So annoying and getting agitated by George Clooney and friends might also be exaggerated to art, a sort of "exit strategies". After all, gone are little more than ten years since the actor has bought Villa Oleandra: maybe he is bored and wants to change the place of holiday.Certain that the "years Clooney" will remain in local history: the arrival of George relaunched to great Lake Como.We just know that in 2006, during a hike on the slopes of a volcano in Costa Rica, I met with the Americans who, discovered that I live in Milan, Northern Italy, immediately asked: "by accident is near where casa Clooney?".And while his countrymen dreamed holidays in Laglio, our conferred him the honorary citizenship. The local real estate market, as we know, drew benefit. And, when Clooney, besides the House had an Italian girlfriend, the assatanamento of the paparazzi went unmatched vertices.But all you're resizing. George is like the famous Martian in Rome of play by Ennio Flaiano who, after having been the subject of great curiosity and even received by the Pope, if he starts with his spaceship to Mars. The moral of the fable? More a novelty creates expectations, the greater the disappointment.Clooney was our Martian. Made us all feel a little more Hollywood films, more beautiful and more glamourous. But now the illusion cannot continue. We are a country in crisis, always nice but in crisis. In our restaurants you eat well, but can happen to eat very badly. The paparazzi can get sympathy as a ' framing felliniana, but also give more nuisance of mosquitoes. Maybe George wants to look at different horizons. Maybe she needs cash. Maybe if he manages the difficult undertaking to sell the ultracostosa villa, with what we earn, we also produce a good film. And we go back to see it on the screen, not confused between the neighbors.

Last edited by cindigirl on Wed 11 Jul 2012, 17:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : deleted unused spaces - sorry)
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 11 Jul 2012, 17:08

Here is the original Italian text: George Clooney: Exit Strategy?

I know Itlaian, so I will try my best to translate:

Mazze da golf contro i paparazzi. Polemiche con il ristorante (finora) di fiducia, accusato di avere avvelenato un’intera comitiva. Il tutto reso più realistico dai tweet della fidanzata Stacy puntualmente ripresi dai nostri quotidiani in un qualsiasi slow news day.
Tanto infastidirsi e innervosirsi da parte di George Clooney e amici potrebbe anche essere esagerato ad arte, una sorta di “exit strategy”. Del resto, sono passati poco più di dieci anni da quando l’attore ha comprato Villa Oleandra: magari s’è stufato e ha voglia di cambiare luogo di vacanza.
Certo che gli “anni Clooney” resteranno nella storia locale: l’arrivo di George ha rilanciato alla grande il Lago di Como.
Vi basti sapere che, nel 2006, durante un trekking alle pendici di un vulcano in Costa Rica, conobbi degli americani che, scoperto che abito a Milano, nel Nord Italia, subito mi chiesero: “Per caso è vicino a dove ha casa Clooney?”.
E mentre i suoi connazionali sognavano vacanze a Laglio, i nostri gli conferivano la cittadinanza onoraria. Il mercato immobiliare locale, come si sa, ne trasse giovamento. E, nel momento in cui Clooney, oltre alla casa ebbe una fidanzata italiana, l’assatanamento dei paparazzi raggiunse ineguagliati vertici.
Ma tutto si sta ridimensionando. George è come il famoso marziano a Roma della pièce di Ennio Flaiano che, dopo esser stato oggetto di grandi curiosità e persino ricevuto dal Papa, se ne riparte con la sua astronave verso Marte. La morale dell’apologo? Più una novità crea aspettative, maggiori saranno le delusioni.
Clooney è stato il nostro marziano. Ci ha fatto sentire tutti un po’ più hollywoodiani, più belli e più glamourous. Ma adesso l’illusione non può continuare. Siamo un Paese in crisi, sempre bello ma in crisi. Nei nostri ristoranti si mangia bene, ma può capitare di mangiare assai male. I paparazzi posson far simpatia come in un ‘inquadratura felliniana, ma anche dar più fastidio delle zanzare. Forse George vuol guardare orizzonti diversi. Forse ha bisogno di cash. Forse se gli riesce la difficilissima impresa di vendere l’ultracostosa villa, con quel che ci guadagna, capace che ci produce anche un bel film. E noi torniamo a vederlo sullo schermo, mica confuso tra i vicini di casa.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Wed 11 Jul 2012, 18:28

I guess this article proves the point Davida has been trying to make. One tweet from Stacy is ruining 10 years of goodwill that George has created with the Italian people. In seems alittle unfair since George has never said a bad word about Lake Como.
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 11 Jul 2012, 18:37

If so, that's very sad!... Is this the only article out there?
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 11 Jul 2012, 18:38

Clooneygirl,
Thanks so much for your support.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Wed 11 Jul 2012, 19:27

I don't think that tiny little thing 'd affect Clooney love in the Italians hearts at alllllllllllllllllll! it is just nothing .

and i bet if it will be other articles but you know G have enemies and past girlfriend "ex" in Italy that can help little bad press about him but i don't think it will really scratch his skin or shake his image or love in Italy !

Italy Adore George Clooney ! Very Happy
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 11 Jul 2012, 20:21

Aly,
I really hope you are right.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 11 Jul 2012, 22:06

I personally call BS on this article. There is always somebody who has to start rumors about others.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 11 Jul 2012, 23:27

thanks Cindi!
thanks to all Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 12 Jul 2012, 04:56

Huh? Did anyone read the translation? This article was very mild, more of an elegy to George who they think may be leaving Italy than anything critical. They're sorry to see him go.

There will always be bad things written about George in the press.

If he cared deeply what Italy thought of him, he'd never have broken up with Elisabetta.

Actually, thinking about it, if he'd cared deeply about what Italy thought of him, he'd never have dated her in the first place.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 12 Jul 2012, 14:39

There was an article on aol that was titled "George Clooney and Stacy Keibler's European vacation takes a terrrible downturn!" Then of course, it was about the food poisoning. The majority of the comments were not very nice. Most people didn't feel too sorry for them, that these rich, entitled people got a common ailment on their "European vacay". Alot of it chastised the title - that no one lost a limb or their life, or got into an accident - but got sick eating at a fancy Italian restaurant - and to that end, that they didn't even have to go to the hospital.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Jul 2012, 14:47

It seemed a small occurrence to me.
A friend of mine went to Turkey and was so ill with food poisoning
he was on a drip for a week in his hotel room...
from bad beer I believe.
He couldn't face a pint back here for a year !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Jul 2012, 14:50

It was no big deal people get sick all the time. The gossip sties take it and run thats all.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 12 Jul 2012, 14:58

Recently, I was dating a man who didn't tell me he was allergic to crabmeat. I cooked a fancy seafood dinner for him (with crab cakes). He immediately got so sick that he broke out into a cold sweat and it took him a month to get over his food poisoning. I felt terrible, however I didn't have the need to advertise it, which makes me wonder about Stacy's inappropriate tweet.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Jul 2012, 17:59

I don't see the tweet as inappropriate myself, I went out with my husband ate and both got sick I told people where we ate . To me she didn't say the name of the restaurant she assumed the food made her and the others sick and said so.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 12 Jul 2012, 18:06

You are not a public figure are you?
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jul 2012, 18:13

Annemarie,
I know others are "sick" of this discussion. The debate is whether or not SK should be so honest if it could POTENTIALLY have repercussions or embarrassment to others. Personally knowing that a very ill lady was with them, and MAY not have wanted to make family members a continent away worry, I THINK that it was TMI. I know the current trend is to "let it all hang out" in the extreme. Knowing how paps love to EXAGGERATE, I personally think she should have been more discrete. Too easy for others to dis her for "complaining and crying" about so little on her luxurious vacay. How would I have felt reading this if I didn't even have enough food to feed my family? (Luckily I've got plenty of healthy food, and no family; but still.)
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Jul 2012, 18:18

annemarie wrote:It was no big deal people get sick all the time. The gossip sties take it and run thats all.
Thumbs up!

I think that too.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jul 2012, 18:47

Joanna&Annemarie,
That's why you'd better watch what you tweet IMHO. Didn't one pap say they went to the hospital? And the others said it wasn't true? More negative publicity IMHO then the "bitter feud" between SK and Angie.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Jul 2012, 18:57

I don't understand what you are saying davida ?
I don't tweet !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jul 2012, 19:23

Joanna,
I left out "SK." Meaning SK, and others who are well-known, or who are "friends" with someone who is well-known, should really watch what they tweet IMHO, as there COULD be repercussions. And personally I think that there may be an anti-SK backlash from the paps. Sad but true. Watch.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Thu 12 Jul 2012, 19:31

And personally I think that there may be an anti-SK backlash from the paps. Sad but true. Watch....

...I don't know...bu t certainly the majority of journalists of Italian gossip magazines were sarcastic towards the couple's ... hell, george was always grouchy, and this did not help ... I am not surprised that, exaggerated or not, SK has posted that infamous tweet ..terrible revenge ... revenge ... and with GC is gone from Italy ... .
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Jul 2012, 19:32

Aren't "paps" considered inconsequential and just trash davida ?
I live a simple life here in a semi-rural part of UK LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Thu 12 Jul 2012, 19:42

Joanna wrote:Aren't "paps" considered inconsequential and just trash davida ?
I live a simple life here in a semi-rural part of UK LOL

...inconsequential or trash .. Joanna call them what you want .... but the paps are the ones who give visibility to people like SK, EC ... and also, in this period, to actors like Clooney, Pitt and others ... not kidding, we aren't talking about Cary Grant or Lawrence Olivier!!!
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jul 2012, 19:49

Joanna,
Why do you think Lindsay Lohan got the role of "Elizabeth Taylor" in the new lifetime movie? Yes it's made for TV, but still do you think she was the most talented actress? No, she came with free massive pap attention for a possible "train wreck."

And on a larger scale, neither the IRS nor the FBI could bring down Scientology. Murdoch and the paps, with the public's help of course, are looking for a "kill," even if it's a "slow one."
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Jul 2012, 20:48

Sorry....I don't know who Lindsey Lohan is. Hello!

BTW does "paps" mean paparazzi, the photographers ?
I'm not into all the same stuff as you're talking about davida
so it's no good you trying to explain it to me you see, sorry dear.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 12 Jul 2012, 20:55

barla wrote:And personally I think that there may be an anti-SK backlash from the paps. Sad but true. Watch....

...I don't know...bu t certainly the majority of journalists of Italian gossip magazines were sarcastic towards the couple's ... hell, george was always grouchy, and this did not help ... I am not surprised that, exaggerated or not, SK has posted that infamous tweet ..terrible revenge ... revenge ... and with GC is gone from Italy ... .

Have SK and George left Italy? Because of this?
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jul 2012, 21:09

Joanna,
Paps usually means the tabloid reporters as well as the photographers, rather than the serious journalists who report the news. Entertainment gossip has become such a money maker that even major newspapers have exposes, as well as the many online sites. Some stars think that it is an advantage to be talked about, good or bad, and hire PR teams to feed possibly phony stories with photo ops (opportunities.)

Lindsay Lohan has had major drug and alcohol issues, since she was a talented teen. Did you see "The Parent Trap?" Her rehab attempts and required community service were satirized in "Lainey Gossip," online. Lohan was cast in a Cable TV Movie, and people were actually (and sadly) taking bets if she were well enough to complete the project. Wish the paps would report only positive stories about actors but it's the "train wrecks," and people anticipating disaster, that sometimes sells.
This relates to SK because some on the internet are wondering if she will be cast as a TV Guest Hostess, so that those mean people can make fun of her. Hope she can really learn to laugh at herself.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Thu 12 Jul 2012, 21:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
12. 7. 2012
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jul 2012, 21:34

FuturosST,
Welcome, I haven't seen you post here before. Is this pic staged or real?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Thu 12 Jul 2012, 22:00

davidarochelle wrote:FuturosST,
Welcome, I haven't seen you post here before. Is this pic staged or real?

Thank you and hello everybody! I have never posted here before, because I can't speak english and use Googe translator to understand you, but I'm big George's fan, so I like this forum and follow it. I was glad that I found these photos, this time Stacy accompanied George and Grant.
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 22:47

Welcome FuturoST! Thanks for posting and for the pic! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 13 Jul 2012, 05:46

Love this tweet.

caprice crane‏@capricecrane
"George Clooney, Stacy Keibler Get Food Poisoning." Whoever decided that Clooney's diarrhea is "news" needs to be punched in the throat.
8th July 2012
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 13 Jul 2012, 23:46

hi futuro Very Happy
from Prague?

and why your name?
thanks ! Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 14 Jul 2012, 02:37

All SK has to do is to turn the negative into a positive. Just consider this food poisoning another type of "cleanse". Think positive SK !
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 14 Jul 2012, 02:44

Joanna wrote:It seemed a small occurrence to me.
A friend of mine went to Turkey and was so ill with food poisoning
he was on a drip for a week in his hotel room...
from bad beer I believe.
He couldn't face a pint back here for a year !

I have the same issue with tequilla but it wasn't bad tequilla is was that I drank too much of it during one night out! Spent the next three days praying to the porcelain god! Now anytime I smell it I feel like I'm gonna puke so I stay away from it. So I can understand your friend not wanting a pint for a long time!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by FuturoST Sat 14 Jul 2012, 17:29

it's me wrote:hi futuro Very Happy
from Prague?

and why your name?
thanks ! Thumbs up!

Hi! Yes, I live in Prague, I chose my name, because almost nobody uses latin so it was free for me to use it here and also on Tumblr and Twitter Smile
FuturoST
FuturoST
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jul 2012, 00:31

thanks Thumbs up!

a new pic
you? Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Tue 17 Jul 2012, 22:54

I wonder if they drank dirty water. Filtering off the lake as a water supply? If it's not boiled or chemically treated properly it's just like drinking straight from a swamp. Bleach. (have a feeling that's happening to some people I know that weekend in the state of washington). Blech blech blech barf crap blech. flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5