I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler's latest Tweet part 2

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stacy Keibler's latest Tweet part 2

Post by Lakin460 on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 19:39

So what's the point of her posting that? I agree with davida - altho her fan base is likely clueless to any culturally offensive implications. Where's TNMC? She always seems to have an interesting take on Stacy's utterances. I need some context to even begin to see the relevance of this latest tweet.
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 19:54

I'm here Lakin, its nice to be missed Very Happy
Here's my take on the tweet: Stacy saw the picture and thought "wow this is a cool picture", so she re-tweeted it. She has absolutely no idea of the cultural/religious context of it and really doesn't care. It's just a cool picture to her. I think she sees things on line or people send them to her and she doesn't pay any attention to what they mean. If she did her comment might have been a bit more insightful rather than "would you wait".
Cant find any cryptic messages in this one unless she thought look at how long these people will wait just to be bathed in a river, will the wait be as long for George to propose?? cheers
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:13

Re SK tweeting in the early hours....do they have siesta in Italy ?
In Spain every thing stops during the afternoon when it's hot and starts up again at around 5 or 6 pm.
So being awake in the early hours, when it's cooler, is normal. Especially when on holiday.

Besides, one can tweet and email when in bed, with a smart phone.
Before... during... or after.... Coolio
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:15

If I were in bed with George I could think of so many other things to do than tweet Love7
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:17

The next mrs clooney wrote:I'm here Lakin, its nice to be missed Very Happy
Here's my take on the tweet: Stacy saw the picture and thought "wow this is a cool picture", so she re-tweeted it. She has absolutely no idea of the cultural/religious context of it and really doesn't care. It's just a cool picture to her. I think she sees things on line or people send them to her and she doesn't pay any attention to what they mean. If she did her comment might have been a bit more insightful rather than "would you wait".
Cant find any cryptic messages in this one unless she thought look at how long these people will wait just to be bathed in a river, will the wait be as long for George to propose?? cheers

Or maybe: People stood in this line longer than her relationship will last? Very Happy
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:18

Good one Missa, green thumbs up for you Very Happy
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:22

Lakin460 wrote:So what's the point of her posting that? I agree with davida - altho her fan base is likely clueless to any culturally offensive implications. Where's TNMC? She always seems to have an interesting take on Stacy's utterances. I need some context to even begin to see the relevance of this latest tweet.

The picture is from Steve McCurry's blog SIMPLE ACT OF WAITING, a series of several pictures from all around the world about waiting. The introduction is from Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns:
Of all the hardship a person had to face, none was more punishing than the simple act of waiting.

Here is the links to the beautiful pictures, the one that Stacy uploaded is one of them:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:24

Katiedot,
This is exactly why from Day-1 on COH I have been dissing SK as a totally inappropriate match, and very harmful to G's career. WHY would he choose to date someone that is so insensitive to other's religious beliefs? There is NO way to spin this, and NO excuses.
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:26

Thanks for posting the link to all the pics Socimar. They are amazing photo's with so much meaning behind them. You can almost feel the emotion through the pictures. He is very talented.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:30

Socimar, that was really interesting! Definitely worth checking out. The phototography is stunning! Thanks!
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:32

Socimar,
Thanks for the link. The author is communicating and through inspiring pictures. That's a very different context from what SK is doing. I still find most of her tweets extremely offensive and beyond immature.
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:37

I don't think she meant it as an insult to anyone's religion. I agree with TNMC, she thought it was a cool picture, and nothing more beyond that. It probably would have been better if she'd retweeted the photo just saying that ("cool pic") or nothing at all. The "would you wait?" does have a "can you believe these people?" ring to it, but I don't think she understands how things can sound to other people. It makes her look a little tone deaf, but I don't think it hurts George at all. I'm no fan of Stacy's, but I don't think what she does on a daily basis holds too much sway over people's opinions of George, at least not any more than the fact that he'd date a former wrestler turned video game/bagel chip shiller already has. I don't think anyone expects deep, provocative thoughts on theology from Ms. Keibler. Let's be honest: if she ever tweeted something that sounded remotely thought provoking, we'd be demanding that she credit wherever she copied it from. Very Happy
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:40

Missa, I totally disagree. I'm from a different religious and cultural background, and I am deeply offended by her tweet. She has NO CLUE. I am really losing respect for G.
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:48

The next mrs clooney wrote:If I were in bed with George I could think of so many other things to do than tweet Love7

Maybe.....but not every night ?

Think of his back problem lol!
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:48

That's fine. It's certainly easy for those of us in the majority whatever (ethnicity, race, religion) to blow off these things with a "Oh that's not what he/she meant". I could be wrong, I just don't think we have any evidence that she does feel that way. She certainly seems to socialize with people of all different backgrounds. Just a question, and I'm sorry if I phrase it inartfully, but I really am curious: when a statement like this is made, does intention factor in to whether it bothers you or not? Do you give a pass for people who really "didn't mean it like that", or do you think that people should just generally more sensitive to how everything they say might affect people? The world would certainly be a nicer place if the latter were true.
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:50

Joanna wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote:If I were in bed with George I could think of so many other things to do than tweet Love7

Maybe.....but not every night ?

Think of his back problem lol!

There are plenty ways that would hurt his back, now why isn't there a cowgirl emoticon??? LOL!
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 20:51

I cheched SK's tweet and noticed that it is a retweet. @mymodernmet sent it to her and she retweeted it because I suppose she thout it was "amazing"!
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 21:12

Missa, I totally blame G for letting her tweet anything that could be misconstrued as offensive. Whether he likes it or not, she is a reflection on him. And if she does make a mistake, and offends someone intentionally or not, she should immediately apologize. That is why I keep saying SK will never have a career in Hollywood. She does NOT understand PR at all.

By comparison, Cher tweeted that she liked Joel Osteen. Members of the gay community, many of whom were long-time supporters, called her out. While I'm sure Cher believed that Joel was inspirational, she didn't realize that Joel was anti-gay marriage like other Christian preachers. Now shouldn't Cher, whom I'm sure didn't mean to offend her audience, apologize for her support of someone who made what was perceived as very anti-gay statements?
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 21:15

Twitter might not be her communication medium as it reveals too much of her personality and her character.
She is no authority to give advices, she is so excited about almost everything what makes her appear silly/not reliable and sharing her thoughts or whatelse is going on in her brain does not make her look very smart.

To get some balance and post something positive on this thread...
here's a flower... flower
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 21:19

Since I posted her tweet, thought it good to weigh in. I went back and looked at it, and hit the link she retweeted from. I agree with TNMC, Missa and socimar. The link is a creative outlet kind of twitter account and I thnk Stacy just thought it was cool. Could she have chosen a better comment? Oh yes, definitely, and given how amazing the original photographer's site was, she should've given credit to him and pointed people to check it out. But I also see how davida and others could take offense at the obvious lack of social consciousness on Stacy's part. Oh well, 'nuff said.
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 21:22

Davida I think you have to bear in mind who stacy's followers are. Mainly fans from her wresteling days who are constantly responding to her tweets asking when she is going back to wrestling or can they have a picture of her in her bikini. I have yet to see anyone respond with a wow that was inspirational. Given her audience the lack of thought or depth may not actually insult any of them. Remember the whole world doesn't follow her only those that choose to. I have said it before that I do not think george controls her tweets he even said so in an interview that she is free to write what she wants. Yes I get annoyed at george for being with her but as a true George fan I will always focus on him and his work and his humanitarian efforts as they speak more about to who he is than his latest bed mate. Now if he married her then it might turn me off him.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 21:31

socimar wrote:
Lakin460 wrote:So what's the point of her posting that? I agree with davida - altho her fan base is likely clueless to any culturally offensive implications. Where's TNMC? She always seems to have an interesting take on Stacy's utterances. I need some context to even begin to see the relevance of this latest tweet.

The picture is from Steve McCurry's blog SIMPLE ACT OF WAITING, a series of several pictures from all around the world about waiting. The introduction is from Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns:
Of all the hardship a person had to face, none was more punishing than the simple act of waiting.

Here is the links to the beautiful pictures, the one that Stacy uploaded is one of them:

Thank you for the link socimar.... and I'm grateful to SK for drawing my attention to this wonderful web site.
The photos are brilliant and the quotes are very thought provoking, so much so that I'm keeping the link to go back to when I have more time to really study the pictures, because I loved the concept.

Re SK"s question "would you wait" ? I didn't find it an insult to any one's religion or beliefs, more an expression of wonder or admiration for those people and their dedication to their faith. I also felt that query inside me.

I really think this is an example of the downside to forums, blogs, tweets, facebook etc etc when the quickly written word by someone, who means no malice or harm, can be so quickly and easily misunderstood by those
who read them.
I've had experience of that and think it's one of the problems of coming to terms with a new way of communicating. Usually tone of voice or facial expression says more about what we mean than a few written words.

Oh... I'm sorry to have gone off topic a bit.

PS...this has taken me some time to write and was done before I saw
the other ones above.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 21:42

flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower

Last edited by Dior on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 22:06; edited 1 time in total
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 21:44

I don't see anything offensive about sk's tweet. Just her normal stuff. Strange but not offensive.
As for blaming George for what she tweets or does, he didn't adopt her, he's just dating her. Does your boyfriend control everything you say or do? I can't imagine anyone of us would put up with that.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 21:59

davidarochelle wrote:Missa, I totally blame G for letting her tweet anything that could be misconstrued as offensive. Whether he likes it or not, she is a reflection on him. And if she does make a mistake, and offends someone intentionally or not, she should immediately apologize. That is why I keep saying SK will never have a career in Hollywood. She does NOT understand PR at all.

By comparison, Cher tweeted that she liked Joel Osteen. Members of the gay community, many of whom were long-time supporters, called her out. While I'm sure Cher believed that Joel was inspirational, she didn't realize that Joel was anti-gay marriage like other Christian preachers. Now shouldn't Cher, whom I'm sure didn't mean to offend her audience, apologize for her support of someone who made what was perceived as very anti-gay statements?

I honestly don't believe George is all that involved in any aspect of the current GF's life. Yes, Stan follows her on Twitter, but I'm sure that's more to make sure there's nothing about George on there. If she makes herself look like a fool, he'll let her dig her own grave. And if she said something truly offensive that got picked up by the media, he'd just dump her and come out looking fresh as a daisy. If he cared about how she reflects on him, he never would have started dating her at all. After all, they did apparently run in the same circles for some time before their relationship. It couldn't have been a surprise to him that she isn't the brightest crayon in the box. As much as it pains me to say it, that was probably one of the qualities that attracted him to her. Our Georgie doesn't seem to care for women who can hold their own.

I think the Cher incident is a much clearer example of tweeting something offensive. An artist with a significant gay fan base tweeted apparent support for a man who wants to prevent those fans from having the same rights as everyone else. Easy to understand why people would be offended, and yes, I think a "Sorry, I didn't realize/I should have checked him out first" apology is in order from Cher. I still think Stacy's tweet was vague enough that it's not offensive on its face. I think it requires some reading into it, and frankly, some pre-existing dislike of the woman, to find it offensive. Insensitive, probably. But I don't think it rises to the level of "How DARE she?!?"

And yeah, TNMC, if he MARRIES this broad, I'm done too.
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 22:52

Lakin460 and Others,
Thanks for your support and understanding. If my boyfriend heard me say something that could possibly hurt either one of our careers, I of course would be shocked if he did NOT correct me immediately. Don't forget I've dated very, very successful self-made men, and they are always very careful who they date. Personally I've been criticized and had my career and residence hurt by being very open to platonic friends who said the wrong thing. I still feel SK is making very, very poor choices in some of what she tweets, although I know how easy it is to offend unintentionally. And yes I would have respected G more if he had cautioned her to send a shout-out to the artist and tweeted WHY she found him so inspirational. Sure her fans want skimpy bikini pics. So be smart about PR and do what "People" does; accompany them with relevant thoughts or charitable ideas. And G would NOT be seen as controlling for restricting her tweets. Isn't he supposed to be HELPING her career?
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 22:59

Is he?

party animal - not!
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 23:01

I thought he was supposed to be dating her didn't know he was her agent. So if the tweets are hurting George let me ask you this Davida, given they have been together almost a year and she has been tweeting the same nonsense throughout this period, how has George been hurt by her tweets? he still has fans, still has an amazing career, still has money, still effectively working for his causes, still popular. Where's the impact??
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 23:19

TNMC,
How can you be dating someone in any related profession and NOT have an impact on their career? Have you read some of the comments dissing G by association, across MANY of the internet boards, especially those in other languages? And of course I'm not referring to the over-the-top trolls. But I still say this last tweet is worse, because it can be so easily be interpreted as culturally offensive. You can't be too careful when haters can so easily retweet. She IS dating a world-famous celeb.
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 23:32

Speaking of Cher/Joel Osteen - SK retweeted this during July 2011. I thought she was following him when I first started looking at her Twitter when she and GC hooked up. She doesn't follow him now, although her friends Jenna Dewan-Tatum, Gail Kim, and Torrie Wilson do. SK does follow Joyce Meyer, a female minister.

Joel Osteen‏@JoelOsteen

God can give you one idea that will change your life and bring you success. Start believing that God will do something great through you.

Retweeted by Stacy Keibler

Retweet
6:45 AM - 13 Jul 11via SocialRain · Details
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 00:35

Davida impacting someones career by association and helping them with their career are two different things. Yes he notarity is increased because she is dating George but he is not specifically using his name to get her work, she is. To me the last tweet really isn't that offensive she has posted worse including the one the other night about money and giving. That was offensive to many due to the fact that she has money. Trust me I'm not a fan of stacy but I think you are going to far.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 02:04

im not so interested in all the stuff about the hour when stacy twits but just to help you about the hour in italy ,as i saw that somebody posted that the football match started at 9 30 and in fact it was 8 30, now in this moment in italy its 3 05 am,ciao

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 02:45

It started 9:30 in the ukraine where it was played. Guess there is 1 hour difference between italy and the ukraine??
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 02:50

yes,the match for us in italy started at 8 30am and now its 3 50am... and finally ill go to bed ciao

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 03:42

I dont find anything offensive at all re SK's tweet. I'm assuming like me she found these pictures inspiring/humbling and I found the pictures in particular of people from all walks of life waiting patiently to show their devotion very interesting, be it in India/Lourdes. I do not think she had any intention, other than to pass on something that she found thought provoking. In todays world, those photos to me are an excellent example of showing what is truly worth waiting for!
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 05:03

I don't find anything insensitive about the tweet either. Could she have given credit to the photographer and added a bit more background? Yes, sure. But it's not offensive.

The tweet about giving I found crass.

What she does doesn't reflect greatly on George. I think most people are smart enough to understand that they're two separate people and not that he controls her entire life and everything she does is approved by him. George is also perfectly capable of saying stupid and offensive things himself without any assistance from his girlfriend du jour.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 23:23

FROM TODAY ON STACY TWITTER

Stacy Keibler ‏@StacyKeibler
Finally had a bad meal in Italy, our whole dinner party got food poisoning #ohwell at least I'm still in Italy.

5:07 PM - 5 Jul 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 23:28

I wonder if from dinner last night, or something today? It's after midnight in Como. I hope he has enough bathrooms at the Villa...
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 23:48

I would have thought she would have been happy, it must be a while since she was able to do a cleanse pooping Oh yeah, I went there Very Happy
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 00:01

huhuhu il gatto nero ha colpito!
black cat caught them...

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 00:06

Italians' revenge on SK? Bad joke, and my apologies to all Italians. Personally if I were SK I wouldn't have let ANYBODY know.
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 00:12

If the food poisoning was the July 4 dinner, then wonder if that included Karen Duffy and her kids. If so, I feel bad for them, especially the children.
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 00:23

Usually dinner in Italy is no earlier than 8:00. If she got food poisoning after dinner tonight, she was tweeting on the toilet. Voice of experience here. Also, I think that this may be one tweet that would piss him off.
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 00:26

EEOsandy wrote:Usually dinner in Italy is no earlier than 8:00. If she got food poisoning after dinner tonight, she was tweeting on the toilet. Voice of experience here. Also, I think that this may be one tweet that would piss him off.

I've never had food poisonng. How immediate is the onset?

That's a funny visual - tweeting on the toilet. Made me chuckle.
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 00:30

Onset depends on what type of food poisoning it is, but seems to take anywhere between 1-48 hours. So could be from dinner last night.

Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 00:32

Lakin460 wrote:
EEOsandy wrote:Usually dinner in Italy is no earlier than 8:00. If she got food poisoning after dinner tonight, she was tweeting on the toilet. Voice of experience here. Also, I think that this may be one tweet that would piss him off.

I've never had food poisonng. How immediate is the onset?

That's a funny visual - tweeting on the toilet. Made me chuckle.

The onset can be pretty quick, but I've heard that in some cases you may not have symptoms for hours. It probably depends on the particular food. In my case it was bad chicken I had at a restaurant. Mine was so bad I passed out due to dehydration and had to be taken to a hospital.
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 00:37

[quote="EEOsandyMine was so bad I passed out due to dehydration and had to be taken to a hospital. [/quote]

Oh my! Could you have died from that? Sounds awful and glad you made it. Food poisoning has been on my mind, after four days with no power, I wasn't sure if some food items were still good, so when in doubt, I pitched it.
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 00:41

Lakin460 wrote:[quote="EEOsandyMine was so bad I passed out due to dehydration and had to be taken to a hospital.

Oh my! Could you have died from that? Sounds awful and glad you made it. Food poisoning has been on my mind, after four days with no power, I wasn't sure if some food items were still good, so when in doubt, I pitched it.[/quote]

Yes, if I had been alone I would probably have died. And yes if you're not sure throw it away.
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 00:47

Food poisoning gets you coming and going so to speak. Just make sure you have a toilet and bucket handy because you may need both at the same time. YIKES!
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day on Fri 06 Jul 2012, 01:17

seems very strange that a famous restaurant like gatto nero has bad food,its obvious that they take care of their guests most of all of clooney;this could be terrible press for them so its really strange,strange also to think to all the toilets in villa oleandra full of people and odd that she lets know everybody of that,if its true no more gatto nero and a reason more for george to dislike laglio and go to another place as they had said months ago

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum