George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread

+17
lucy
LornaDoone
it's me
Cinderella
The next mrs clooney
Joanna
LyndaGirl
George Fan
janieb
bellybaby
lelacorb
Lighterside
cindigirl
fluffy
silly girl
Bidbod
Katiedot
21 posters

Go down

Should the Elisabetta Canalis thread be re-opened? If so, how?

Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Vote_lcap11%Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Vote_lcap41%Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 19 ]
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Vote_lcap4%Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Vote_lcap13%Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Vote_lcap30%Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 46

Poll closed

Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Empty Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread

Post by Katiedot Fri 29 Jun 2012, 08:58

So, I've had a few days to calm down after the mess on the What Elisabetta Did Next thread and I've read the various PMs sent to me about it.

I'm not sure if everyone's had their say about it so I'm opening this discussion up to everyone.

I would like to re-open the thread. I HATED that I was forced to close it by the poor behaviour of a few posters on this site. All the other ex girlfriends have threads and these are obviously still of interest because they're read and occasionally commented on, so I think it's wrong to keep only hers closed.

I've had several different PMs from people, some happy that it's closed, others not so much, all making valuable points. I'm not sure if everyone who has an opinion has contacted me, so here's the chance for us to make a decision on how to go ahead.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Empty Re: Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread

Post by Bidbod Fri 29 Jun 2012, 09:50

My interest in her has definitely waned, though I do enjoy the translations from the Italian web sites, (thanks all the Italian posters). I cant be bothered with the personal opinions which ends up being a bitchy crow fest, so I appreciate the translations, mainly thanks to Socimar, look at the photos and move on. She is still infinitely more interesting than Stacy. The most exciting thing Stacy has done lately, imo, was getting papped boarding the same plane as Jennifer Anniston!! Staged photos, awkward poses at Como, it is just not what you expect from your A list movie star, too meh. I still read about Lisa Snowdon when she pops up in the Daily Mail. I really dont think I will be reading about Stacy when she is ex GF of, so because Stacy is beyond boring (too much try), please keep the thread open.

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread Empty Re: Your opinion about the Elisabetta Canalis thread

Post by silly girl Fri 29 Jun 2012, 13:01

I don't like the fighting but EC is still around and it would be a shame if we couldn't comment on it. SK and EC are an interesting juxtaposition --both are trying to find their way in a GC present/past world....

If we could keep it to just info about EC and limit our commentary it should be allowed....jmo. thanks

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 29 Jun 2012, 13:46

katie, it's your website so do you want you want my dear! If people don't want to have a thread for Liz, then do what I do and don't waste your time looking at it!! I don't!! I only skim over Stace's because of George, as he might be in there somewhere!!! The past is past and should not be revisited (past experience!!!). Coolio
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 29 Jun 2012, 14:20

I almost never visit on the Eli site - in fact I didn't realize it was closed. I would say keep it open for those interested. It takes only one space in the daily topic, unlike the games and I don't see any harm in keeping it open. IMO
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 29 Jun 2012, 14:23

fluffy wrote:If people don't want to have a thread for Liz, then do what I do and don't waste your time looking at it!!
Hmm, yes. I was thinking the same thing when I was making the poll. If people don't want the thread then don't visit, but then making a poll with only 'yes' as the option seemed a little wrong too!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 29 Jun 2012, 14:49

Katie you bend over backwards trying to make this a friendly environment and a place that has something for everyone...but you can't please everyone all of the time. So in my opinion, re-open the thread or start a new one for Betty and then if the people who can't behave themselves and refrain from inciting arguments continue to bash each other, then you can ban those people for that unacceptable behavior.

But everyone deserves a second chance to correct past mistakes, so there's that to consider.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 29 Jun 2012, 14:52

Why there should be something on this site is prohibited (ban is undemocratic)? There are rules to force people to follow and exclude those people who live with hate and phobia!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 29 Jun 2012, 16:08

I personally like reading about what Eli is up to these days, but I hate the fighting between posters. I'd vote to open the thread back up, with good behavior. If posters start bashing each other because of their opinions, then ban them from the thread.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Fri 29 Jun 2012, 19:05

I agree with others. Please keep it open but ban the posters who are unable to act with civility towards others on this board.
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Fri 29 Jun 2012, 19:16

It has been an interesting topic thread. The point is to stay on topic. A viewpoint can be a disagreement on the topic, but NEVER attack the commenter. That is so incredibly childish. As moderator if that happens shut down that commenter as abusive. But the thread itself should be open for discussion for those of us that are the civil ones.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaGirl Fri 29 Jun 2012, 20:58

I voted to reopen the thread. I do read it but have not posted. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but hopefully can agree to disagree and move on. No need for name-calling or insults. I like visiting this site because I have been a George fan since the 'FOL'days (boy, I feel old!). I enjoy reading posts from other fans and I occasionally post. This is a fun place to escape from the real world for awhile, and it is sad when a one or two posters ruin it for everyone else. JMHO.
LyndaGirl
LyndaGirl
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 29 Jun 2012, 21:03

LyndaGirl....what's the "FOL"days please....I can't work it out...
or else it's CRS again !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaGirl Fri 29 Jun 2012, 21:10

'FOL' stands for the show 'the facts of life' that George was on on in the late 1980's. sorry about that joanna, sometimes I dont make myself clear. I love you
LyndaGirl
LyndaGirl
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 29 Jun 2012, 21:17

No that's fine Lynda....thanks for the explanation Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 29 Jun 2012, 22:33

I think if you re-opened it then you would have to monitor it on a daily basis to make sure the people insulting others on it are not allowed to do so. There are some people that will simply not follow the rules and will continue to attack others even if they have been told not to. Eli has moved on so why don't we?
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 29 Jun 2012, 22:38

I voted, "Yes, as long the posters who caused issues agree to behave" Yes... I would love it if we could move on but I also do not want to make things difficult on Katie. I can only imagine how many PM's she's received since closing it. JMO
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 29 Jun 2012, 23:42

LyndaGirl
your lil cat is.....
ohhhhhh sooo sweet!!! I love you
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 30 Jun 2012, 05:25

I got ripped a new one for saying it should be closed months ago so the fact that it closed was fine with me.

But since I had stopped visiting it (I did go back once I saw the notes about rules) I went to see what all the fuss was about. Personally, I know there are threads about his other ex's but this one seemed to keep going as if it wanted a life of it's own and I just felt she was gone why keep dredging her up?

I mean we may comment about his other ex's but it's few and far between in comparison. My take was that it was being "helped" along by those who may have an interest in her career, be that what it may, so it just seemed a bit orchestrated and that's why I stopped reading it.

Really didn't have much interest in her while she was fucking him have absolutely none now that he's moved on. JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 30 Jun 2012, 06:00

Re-open for those who connect with EC, I don't spend much time on EC, but I do enjoy the posters who feel a connection with her. EC is more fun than some of his other GF's, but let's not insult each other over her.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 30 Jun 2012, 07:07

Katiedot wrote:
fluffy wrote:If people don't want to have a thread for Liz, then do what I do and don't waste your time looking at it!!
Hmm, yes. I was thinking the same thing when I was making the poll. If people don't want the thread then don't visit, but then making a poll with only 'yes' as the option seemed a little wrong too!
Liz..., whooo?
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 30 Jun 2012, 08:24

Maggy, Fluffy was using Liz as short for Elisabetta.

My opinion. It should be open for those interested in Elisabetta (and even those who are not, but can't avoid the deer in the headlights syndrome) and we all need to mind our manners. Katie has offered us a wonderful site here and I can only imagine the work she puts into it. We have some wonderful contributors here and I so enjoy the conversations started on many threads. But I am very disheartened by the name-calling and even rude behavior that I have seen. George and everything around George seems to bring out some major passion in many of us, but we don't need to scratch each other's eyes out.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 30 Jun 2012, 08:42

I didnt even realize it was closed. But since there are threades about other ex-GFs, why not keep it open as long as everyone plays nice!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 01 Jul 2012, 16:40

I liked reading about Eli it was something else to read and discuss when there was no George and Stacy news.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 01 Jul 2012, 18:11

Ok, so 30% are happy to keep the thread closed which (if my calculator is working) means 70% would like to see it re-opened.

I will go ahead and unlock the thread, however the four troublemakers who caused it to be closed in the first place are not allowed to post on that thread until I get a written confirmation from them that they will behave. Otherwise they're out.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 01 Jul 2012, 18:53

Thanks Katie Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down