George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

+42
janieb
EEOsandy
Natascha
m4rose
noodle
doris day
Lighterside
melbert
theminis
madsky
lovelylois
Dior
Aly
George Fan
fluffy
Seth Gecko
Bidbod
Joanna
watching
macs
socimar
barla
Cinderella
bellybaby
playfuldeb
NotAvailable
The next mrs clooney
lucy
it's me
Maggy
Missa
party animal - not!
phys major
annemarie
Lakin460
tzizz
davidarochelle
cindigirl
silly girl
lelacorb
Henway
Katiedot
46 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

Post by cindigirl Fri 15 Jun 2012, 15:08

The next mrs clooney wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thought I'd post this pic of George and Eli leaving the same restaurant almost a year ago. Even though this pic was taken just a few days before their break up they are still physically closer that George ever walks with Stacy,

I think he may have already told her he was going to leave her and he was trying to comfort her in this pic. She looks devastated.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

Post by phys major Fri 15 Jun 2012, 15:22

Maggy wrote:
phys major wrote:are Sks eyes brown or blue?
They seem brown.
Opps soon they will be blue!!!!
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 15 Jun 2012, 15:48

cindigirl wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thought I'd post this pic of George and Eli leaving the same restaurant almost a year ago. Even though this pic was taken just a few days before their break up they are still physically closer that George ever walks with Stacy,

I think he may have already told her he was going to leave her and he was trying to comfort her in this pic. She looks devastated.

I think George is a little classier than that. He wouldn't break up with someone in a public place. Yes this is the time when they were having problems, but his body language is still so much more caring and close towards her like a real couple.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 15 Jun 2012, 15:51

Omg, this article is a hoot!
"Looking sunkissed, her fair hair hung loosely over both shoulders appearing to have had minimal styling, although to avoid high temperature frizz it is likely a few hours of preening took place.

Dressed in virginal white, Stacy seemed to have little make-up on, while opting for au natural shades."

wtf? Who the heck wrote this sh*t? It's like another article from Self, trying to sell hair products or something. Too funny!

My first thought was, wasn't that where he took Eli for the Last Supper? Yikes!

And I'm sorry, a gentleman always lets the lady out first, preferably holding the door for her....but yet again, she just puts on the cray cray and follows out the door......like she always has....

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 15 Jun 2012, 16:11

Bellybaby,
From day 1 on COH I stated that paps job is to fill space with what they think their readers want, not to tell the truth as they know it. They're "in bed" with celeb publicists; otherwise they would not get future stories. Now what is this author saying with "SK was in VIRGINAL white?" Is SK being made fun of for her assumed obsession with her looks? Or is it being said that that is all SK has to offer? Just MY interpretation of what the writer is REALLY trying to convey.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 15 Jun 2012, 16:56

As far as the gentleman always letting the lady go first, IMO that doesn't apply were paps are involved. It has been my impression over the years that George is a gentleman, so I think he goes first to shield others, have seen him do this when with Nina, and Nick.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 15 Jun 2012, 17:13

lucy wrote:As far as the gentleman always letting the lady go first, IMO that doesn't apply were paps are involved. It has been my impression over the years that George is a gentleman, so I think he goes first to shield others, have seen him do this when with Nina, and Nick.

The protection from the paparazzi was there already, Giovanni is out there waiting for them !
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 15 Jun 2012, 17:15

There are plenty of people with them - there always are- when they're leaving these places, especially a bodyguard, that could go out first.
And in these pics, he doesn't look like he's shielding her at all - looks like he just wants to get to the car first. Or maybe since he's shorter, he wants to go first so he can see where he's going..... Shocked

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 15 Jun 2012, 17:18

Lela, that is true,but by shielding them from lights and maybe he feels that when the paps start yelling things he wants it directed at him not others. Still think it's a protective instinct over ego.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 15 Jun 2012, 17:22

It looks like he thinks he paying a horrible price for being a celebritiy. He can't even go out for a bite without paps jumping him. I wonder how many times he just gets dinner delivered.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 15 Jun 2012, 17:55

I've never seen before George got into the car before a GF ... now he does this![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 15 Jun 2012, 18:02

Wow, lelacorb! You get some great pics! Thanks! Thumbs up!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 15 Jun 2012, 18:05

It seems like there's something wrong... Somethings not right... Smile George! Show us your pretty grin! Smile ... Maybe we'll have to wait for pictures of him alone to see him grin??? scratch
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 15 Jun 2012, 19:05

Has anyone seen a pic of George smiling since he arrived in Italy?
I mean other than the one with Eins.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 15 Jun 2012, 20:25

@lelacorb, great pics, thanks! And yes, don't see how he could "shield" anybody walking 8 feet in front of them......

And George always seems to go where the paps are going to be....I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of restaurants in that area that he could go to, just the two of them, for a nice meal, get in and out, without all the hoopla...

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 15 Jun 2012, 21:25

Poster on JJ said this was SK's dress; what is the price in dollars?
Pics on site
SLINKY DDRESS
PRICE:£505.00

Impeccably draped and tailored, this stretch viscose jersey dress with buckle details is the fast-track to a super chic spring silhouette. This cut defines your waistline whilst the skirts gathering conceals any unflattering bits. This luxe piece speaks for itself - just add suede platform pumps and pair it with ourBiker Jacket to take you from work to play in sophisticated style.

GOMEZ-GRACIA
Customer Service UK: +44 20 7193 5476
© Gomez-Gracia 2011

davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 15 Jun 2012, 21:26

I saw that on their website...they had tweeted the fact that she wore their dress...it is over $800.....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 16 Jun 2012, 15:33

Barla posted on the Eli thread that she saw George and Stacy out to dinner. You might want to check it out under "what Elisabetta did next" thread.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 16 Jun 2012, 15:39

Here is part of what Barla said "A brief dinner, where I saw that SK is much prettier in person, mild-mannered, but .... she's really huge, not only tall ... well, you see just who was a wrestler...but, above all, far from GC, both physically (the place at the table, they sat near only at the beginning to fear of some paparazzo, then he walked away) that during the conversation. In short, I realized that the problem is not her (well, if she'd stop smiling / laughing always looking like another SL, one of the most formerly GC's gf hated by the press), but GC, who's showing disinterest in public voluntarily and regularly , against her. So the point is always the same: but George, why?"

If I understand Barla correctly ....it was a very short dinner and that he stood or sat with her for awhile in case the photographers caught them then walked away to talk with others.

Is that how you read it TNMC? It is kind of sad....

Last edited by silly girl on Sat 16 Jun 2012, 15:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar...)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Sat 16 Jun 2012, 15:47

silly girl wrote:Here is part of what Barla said "A brief dinner, where I saw that SK is much prettier in person, mild-mannered, but .... she's really huge, not only tall ... well, you see just who was a wrestler...but, above all, far from GC, both physically (the place at the table, they sat near only at the beginning to fear of some paparazzo, then he walked away) that during the conversation. In short, I realized that the problem is not her (well, if she'd stop smiling / laughing always looking like another SL, one of the most formerly GC's gf hated by the press), but GC, who's showing disinterest in public voluntarily and regularly , against her. So the point is always the same: but George, why?"

If I understand Barla correctly ....it was a very short dinner and that he stood or sat with her for awhile in case the photographers caught them then walked away to talk with others.

Is that how you read it TNMC? It is kind of sad....

I know it might be cause for a whole thread ...and it is immediatly!!!!!... but really there is nothing interesting to add .... I say that is not the first time, out of curiosity, I happen to be at that restaurant when George was .... for example, last year I was not there ....
This year's the leitmotif was: a story is fake or not?? Our group of friends is equally divided on the "maybe he really likes her (to fall in love is another thing, please...) but you do not understand it, and GC is bothered by something ... or it's all false ...." ... I am part of the latter .... super cool super cool
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 16 Jun 2012, 15:49

That's how I read it to SillyGirl. It is sad. No matter how much dislike someone feels for Stacy you have to feel sad for her. Shocked by George's behavior with her and also curious as to why he is being like this. Surely if things are that bad between them then it needs to be over.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 16 Jun 2012, 16:26

And I guess that puts to rest the debate over whether he looks unhappy all the time because of the photographers. He was acting that way during a private dinner indoors, after trying to act somewhat pleasant for the benefit of any possible photographers.

I understand what Stacy gets out of this arrangement, still don't think its worth it, but I get it. I really can't wrap my head around geroge's reasoning. He's unhappy in public, and apparently in private. He doesn't seem to be enjoying his vacation, which he clearly always looks forward to. Why on earth would he put himself through this? And to save time, the answer is clearly not that they are madly in love. They don't even appear to like each other anymore. If he won't sit with her at dinner, my guess is they aren't sleeping together either. Strange situation.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Sat 16 Jun 2012, 16:40

I don't feel sorry for her, she's a big girl (a really, big girl), there's nothing to stop her from walking away if she doesn't like how she's being treated.
If she wants the fame, then this is the price she apparently is willing to pay. Her choice.
Why George is willing to go through this is a mystery....

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 16 Jun 2012, 16:52

The next mrs clooney wrote:That's how I read it to SillyGirl. It is sad. No matter how much dislike someone feels for Stacy you have to feel sad for her. Shocked by George's behavior with her and also curious as to why he is being like this. Surely if things are that bad between them then it needs to be over.

perhaps never started! This history is sad for her, I don't understand him!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:30

I read recently that one of the reasons he likes SK is that she can handle herself in a group, that is she can socialize among people unlike Eli who he had to tend to all the time. He was more protective of Eli and feels he doesn't have to protect Stacy.

This is not a love affair but she's his arm candy. Just my opinion.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:34

Yes, he's not worried about her saying the wrong thing... But I'm like you, I don't think it's a big love affair and I really think he's not enjoying it like he did at first... JMHO Hmmmm... attention span short??? Or... only when it comes to women? That's what I think is sad!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:43

lelacorb wrote:I've never seen before George got into the car before a GF ... now he does this!

Sometime when one door opens in the street (therefore dangerous) it is better for both people to get inside the car from the opposite (and safe) door; in this case the man goes in first so he can slide all the way to the right and the woman can just sit down in the seat near the door. He was being a gentleman.

Last edited by socimar on Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:44; edited 1 time in total
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:43

Cindy, I'm sure he's got a very short attention span regarding women. At this point I think the novelty with her has worn off.

After all, for a man who has been through 20 some odd women, the woman who would be able keep his affection would have to have a lot more going for her than just looks to keep him interested. IMO Stacy is just like bubble gum that has lost its flavor.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:46

"just like bubble gum that has lost its flavor"

That's funny, Cindi!

lol! I never heard it said that way... Sorry, but I had to laugh! lol!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:51

well if we believe everything written she's been spoonfed, and they were "making out" at Obama's fundraiser ... now they don't sit together (not that it means anything)
maybe he did it precisely not to spoon feed her this time, and this was what he went to tell her, and then went to sit elsewhere to prove his point
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:52

Yes it's true. I like Stacy and everything but even I'm getting tired of seeing her with the same "pleasant" look on her face. I'd love to see her get pissed at him even once. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 16 Jun 2012, 20:05

macs wrote:well if we believe everything written she's been spoonfed, and they were "making out" at Obama's fundraiser ... now they don't sit together (not that it means anything)
maybe he did it precisely not to spoon feed her this time, and this was what he went to tell her, and then went to sit elsewhere to prove his point

You definitely can't believe everything that is written, but now we have an actual eye witness to the oddness of their relationship and behavior.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Sat 16 Jun 2012, 20:07

cindigirl wrote:Yes it's true. I like Stacy and everything but even I'm getting tired of seeing her with the same "pleasant" look on her face. I'd love to see her get pissed at him even once. LOL

the last thing I can tell you about the dinner, that is, precisely, at some point, everyone seemed a little nervous and bored with each other .....
so, cindy, your wish has come true .... lol!
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Sat 16 Jun 2012, 20:18

The next mrs clooney wrote:
macs wrote:well if we believe everything written she's been spoonfed, and they were "making out" at Obama's fundraiser ... now they don't sit together (not that it means anything)

You definitely can't believe everything that is written, but now we have an actual eye witness to the oddness of their relationship and behavior.

Cool Cool Yeah Right but attention.... I only saw this situation (that remains only one situation and I do not feel like saying it's always been so)... for me one of the reasons why GC is a little annoying, is that, clearly, the output was a call for television and gossip magazines ... the photographers, outside the restaurant, knew almost exactly the time when G and company would have left the restaurant!! So, for now, IMO, the real holiday of total relaxation for him (and mostly for her) has not started yet .....
Later this month, I 'd have new information, but now a big kiss to everyone because this time began for me ... the real holiday!! Wheee! Wheee! Wheee! see you soon
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 16 Jun 2012, 21:02

My take on this relationship is that when George broke up with EC he knew that award season was coming up on him, and he probably didnt want to go alone. His parents are most likely at an age where hopping all over the states has become taxing. So George mentions to friends that he doesnt want to do award season alone, and someone pops up with hey, there's Stacey. So George and Stacey come to an agreement that she is to accompany him around when necessary, and in return he will help promote her career. But then Stacey starts to really like George, alot, and George is still as a friend. Maybe SK is at the "where is this relationship going" phase, and George is getting tired of hearing about it so there's riffs between them that are becoming more obvious to his adoring public? just a thought . . .

Again, I thinks that paparazzi is getting on his nerves. He goes to Laglio to relax, and he hounded over there as well. George needs to buy that island that's for sale so he can disappear
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 23:28

No, playful, no! We don't want him to disappear! Plus he knows how to disappear without an island retreat. He did it just recently.

RE: Stacy....haven't some on here said they thought he'd started seeing Stacy before he broke up with Canalis? Just musing here....adding fuel to the fires of theory.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 17 Jun 2012, 00:17

Lakin460,
I definitely don't believe ANY of the time lines. And who were the mystery brunettes (plural) that the paps claimed also got boat tours? Were they all STRICTLY platonic female friends of G?

davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 17 Jun 2012, 00:44

I think time will tell what's going on with them. It will be an interesting summer.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Mon 18 Jun 2012, 08:40

new set of pics
new restaurant ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gli amici di George Clooney e Stacy Keibler
La coppia a cena a Villa D'Este, sul lago di Como, assieme ad altre persone. Tra loro, il produttore Ben weiss
Clooney e la Keibler a Villa D'Este, sul lago di Como, assieme ad altre persone

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by macs on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 09:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling... always spelling...)
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Mon 18 Jun 2012, 09:03

macs wrote:new set of pics
new reastaurant ?

Gli amici di George Clooney e Stacy Keibler
La coppia a cena a Villa D'Este, sul lago di Como, assieme ad altre persone. Tra loro, il produttore Ben weiss
Clooney e la Keibler a Villa D'Este, sul lago di Como, assieme ad altre persone

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

an advice, Stacy ... never wear a hat to dinner, even if you hide the hair regrowth ..... when the dinner took place ... it is clear that the "famous twitter was a misunderstanding" ....but...why???... confused confused
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Mon 18 Jun 2012, 09:10

The person who wrote the famous SK twitter knows her personally, so I suppose that not only recognized but also has cheered her, if she was on that flight .... of course the usual evil and totally useless gossip .....good time friend :wave Hello! I'm staying away for a while....
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 18 Jun 2012, 09:53

New pics - they look happy together and to be getting along well.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:16

Villa D'Este Hotel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Grill

Informal, yet the ambience is cozy and chic. The menu lists an interesting variety of regional dishes with a choice of the best Italian wines.
In the Summer, meals are served in the garden under the century-old plane trees.
From 7:00 pm to 11.30 pm.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:35

Great set of pictures, thanks macs.
Number 5 is noteworthy ? Give Flowers

lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:21

And there is this from Hello magazine online with photos. Sorry, unable to post photos, but this made me laugh.

George and Stacy warm up for their anniversary with candlelit dinner
18 JUNE 2012
Holding hands over a romantic candlelit dinner, George Clooney and Stacy Keibler couldn't look any more in love.

The couple seemed lost in their own world as they dined at a restaurant near Lake Como – where George owns a spectacular £10-million waterside villa.

Days before their cosy meal, the Hollywood actor was spotted whisking his lady through the streets on his motorbike.

George often spends summer at his cosy Italian retreat, and famously treated former girlfriends including Elisabetta Canalis and Lisa Snowdon to holidays there.

But this particular trip is special  –  it comes as the duo prepare to celebrate their first anniversary as an item.

Stacy, a former wrestler, has been a constant fixture in the star's life since they began dating in July 2011.

She was a glamorous talisman when he took awards season by storm for his turn in hit film The Descendants.

And Tinseltown's most famous bachelor introduced the blonde beauty to his parents in the last year.

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:33

Well what ever was bothering George seem to have passed . They look like they are having a nice relaxining time. It's nice to see George having a good time.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:43

Villla D'Este is amazingly romantic, and a beautiful and luxurious spot. This is where Emily Blunt John Kra.......(sorry!) got married two years ago.

Lovely photos

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Gecko Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:01

Going back to the original article, it makes me laugh how the Mail tries to make the trip sound sleazy by adding for no reason this comment - The actor has whisked current squeeze Stacy Keibler to his Lake Como villa - a special spot where he has taken his slew of girlfriends over the years.

Personally, It wouldn't stop me taking a date to a nice place, just because I'd been there before with other girls. Tries to make it sound like a married mans dirty love nest.
Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:04

Just had a quick look at Frenchies, more pix from Quotidiano.net

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:14

Link to clearer pictures....handholding too... Coolio

oooooOOOOooooo Sofa bounce

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next