George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

+42
janieb
EEOsandy
Natascha
m4rose
noodle
doris day
Lighterside
melbert
theminis
madsky
lovelylois
Dior
Aly
George Fan
fluffy
Seth Gecko
Bidbod
Joanna
watching
macs
socimar
barla
Cinderella
bellybaby
playfuldeb
NotAvailable
The next mrs clooney
lucy
it's me
Maggy
Missa
party animal - not!
phys major
annemarie
Lakin460
tzizz
davidarochelle
cindigirl
silly girl
lelacorb
Henway
Katiedot
46 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

Post by davidarochelle Mon 18 Jun 2012, 20:34

Silly Girl,
PLEASE never apologize for providing us info. We will all dissect it anyway. For those who thought SK WAS leaving so soon, was it really "wishful thinking?"
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 20:51

Well DR, I just have a different way of observing life and relationships from a lot of people.
My reasons ? That's for me to know lol!

TNMC how do you consider SK to be "monotonous" ?
IMO she has a very interesting, colourful and outgoing past history and now appears to be a popular girl, loyal to her gal pals and able to handle herself well in her new lifestyle.
I bet she's good company at a party !

Obviously, at my great age, she's a "girl" to me lol!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:01

I never thought I'd say this, but Joanna, I agree, a bit......

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:04

Bidbod wrote:I never thought I'd say this, but Joanna, I agree, a bit......

Another convert!!! You're on a roll, Jo! cheers
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:16

Joanna wrote:Well DR, I just have a different way of observing life and relationships from a lot of people.
My reasons ? That's for me to know lol!

TNMC how do you consider SK to be "monotonous" ?
IMO she has a very interesting, colourful and outgoing past history and now appears to be a popular girl, loyal to her gal pals and able to handle herself well in her new lifestyle.
I bet she's good company at a party !

Obviously, at my great age, she's a "girl" to me lol!

because its the same old stuff with her over and over again. Talking about diet and exercise, wearing that fake smile on her face. There's no fire or passion to her which is good for gossip. I mean geez how many times can we talk about her cleanses and her fedora. As for her past isn't she trying to move on from that?? As someone posted earlier that was in her twenties and not a representation of who she is now. I'd love for her to show some genuine emotion for once and I might like her more. JMO and I know you don't share it Joanna, but I really am bored with her at this point and can't wait for the next one to come along so there is something new to talk about. Sleep
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:17

Bidbod wrote:I never thought I'd say this, but Joanna, I agree, a bit......

Yahooooo watch out for the Beaten now.....only joking...honest lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:22

Colourful, d'accord.
Indeed she is so...orange!
Very Happy
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:23

TNMC....I'd have liked to see her dance on the table after dinner....
but I'm not at all bored.

I'm much more interested in what George is up to really than what
his One True Love is about lol!

Now....if Renee was around..... Sofa bounce Sofa bounce

Good night
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:26

Is there fire and passion with GC? .....isnt he more pipe and slippers and pet dog lately? Which is why the dizzy girlfriend misses the mark? Is it just me?!

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:26

I agree she is a little bland, but I think that is what the Cloons is looking for now after all the dramatics with Elisabetta.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:28

TNMC,
We have always been on similar wavelengths about SK. Sad that she cannot take full advantage of G's connections and pap attention, because the paps see her the same way, not interesting or exciting or even controversial enough to sell mags long-term. Meaning you can get a career out of "being famous for being famous" but you've got to be much more creative or different than everyone else "begging" for free attention. The "tricks" of the past, such as wearing a skimpy bikini, being in Playboy, having an outre sex tape are old. Notice how they are now "selling" old-school pageants by allowing transsexual contestants?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:30

Joanna. I'm with you. There's something about this relationship which just strikes me as significant, and I still believe he left La Canalis for her..........

Let's see

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:35

Just got a chance to see the earlier posts. EC's mistake is that she was not "likable" or humble enough for the American audience. Kate Winslet is an example of someone who broke that barrier. Not only is she very talented, she publicly spoke about her weight struggles. And yes of course starring in "Titanic" helped.

davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:42

party animal - not! wrote:Joanna. I'm with you. There's something about this relationship which just strikes me as significant, and I still believe he left La Canalis for her..........

Let's see

cokesniff
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:53

party animal - not! wrote:Joanna. I'm with you. There's something about this relationship which just strikes me as significant, and I still believe he left La Canalis for her..........

Let's see

So he could leave easy going happy bunny as well for "The One", who makes HIM smile and walk around with a big grin all over his face all day long.

Just saying...

Love3
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 18 Jun 2012, 21:59

Dior,
Inquiring minds want to know, WHY do you think that G won't spend the rest of his life as the "eternal bachelor" with a never-ending parade of younger and younger girls? After all he hasn't displayed a red-head yet except for the beautiful ginger dog.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Mon 18 Jun 2012, 22:10

macs wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:I think that is Miguel Ferrer and his second wife. He and GTC are very close.

I wonder if friends GTC and SK met one day and Wham! that was it.......a bit like Matt and Lucia Damon. It wouldn't surprise me. They probably don't stop talking, loads in common, and the required physical attributes.........

Ah ! So i'm not the only one seeing him ! Yeah the guy definitly reminds me of Migel (but wasn't sure - and don't know his wife so can't tell)
anyway, the more Clooneys the better !

I think that is Miguel and his wife, I saw a picture of them a few weeks ago attending a fundraiser. I don't know, I am a little suspicious, because this week, people were commenting on many of the threads that there is no chemistry between these two and all of a sudden he is showing her great attention. As if he staged his affection for her for the paps and maybe his cousin Miguel. The thing about family, is they tend report back to other family members, so he needs to put on his best behavior. So he has a few glasses of wine, gets relaxed, and he gets touchy with her or maybe it is nothing more than the he was horny and he expects to get a little booty that night.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Mon 18 Jun 2012, 22:13

Davida,

inquiring minds, please watch out for irony.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 18 Jun 2012, 22:24

Dior (and Melbert),
I am a good comic actress because I fall for every joke. What do you mean by your statement? How is it "ironic?"
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Mon 18 Jun 2012, 22:41

From Lainey Gossipf - I don't know if it was posted here
George & Stacy by candlelight
June 18, 2012
Posted at 10:25 AM
Posted by Lainey

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stacy Keibler spent part of her first weekend as the mistress of Villa di Clooney in Lake Como at dinner with friends, by candlelight, seated next to her boyfriend with his arm around her or his hands in her lap entwined in her fingers. Very romantic. Very SOLID. The two dined with friends and looked super relaxed. OF COURSE the locals all have something to say about it: “We’ve never seen him so happy! He is in LOVE!” The follow-up question to that, naturally, would be - more or less in love than when he was with Elisabetta or Sarah or Lisa? We never do get the answer to that one, do we?

Still, Stacy is in such good standing and has performed so beautifully it’s inevitable the proposal rumours will ensue, and not even by her own encouragement. In fact, if I were her, I’d be pissed if one of those low-grade tabloids started suggesting it. George is so skittish he needs to be approached gently, and with a plan. I’m not sure it’s part of Stacy’s plan to accelerate the relationship...yet. She’s shown herself to be a lot more strategic than we’ve given her credit for.

More importantly though...

Who manages the guest schedule at Villa di Clooney? All summer there’s usually a steady rotation of visitors. I would be happy to do this job.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 18 Jun 2012, 23:25

@Sillygirl, please don't feel bad about reposting something that you saw online (or Twitter, Facebook, etc .) Unless of course, you hacked into her personal stuff somehow and reposted...what is the difference between putting it here, or simply retweeting??

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Tue 19 Jun 2012, 00:12

Lovelylois, I did post that earlier. And commented that there are some different photos on Lainey. Also DListed referred to Lainey's post .... Don't know if I can use all of the words: "But why is Stacy keibler dressed like a Smooth Criminal extra? I bet George clooney is into that s.... ". Etc.

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 19 Jun 2012, 00:20

WHAT is a "Smooth Criminal extra?" Huh??????
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 19 Jun 2012, 00:27

davidarochelle wrote:WHAT is a "Smooth Criminal extra?" Huh??????

I think she means that she could have been an extra on the Michael Jackson music video, "Smooth Criminal". If you remember they were all wearing blazers and black Fedora's.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 19 Jun 2012, 00:30

TNMC,
What WOULD I do without you? I had NO idea what they were referring to, as I don't recall that music video. Since SK is dressed a little more conservatively with a blazer, from the little I can see of her, why is she still being dissed?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 19 Jun 2012, 00:47

davidarochelle wrote:TNMC,
What WOULD I do without you? I had NO idea what they were referring to, as I don't recall that music video. Since SK is dressed a little more conservatively with a blazer, from the little I can see of her, why is she still being dissed?

Topol sings about it
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 19 Jun 2012, 00:49

Davida, I think it's because it was hot in italy that night so didn't really need a blazer, also she looked out of place with the way everyone else was dressed. A fedora on the beach is one thing but at dinner it just looks silly.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 19 Jun 2012, 00:51

Getting my education today,
Joanna WHAT is "Topol?"
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 19 Jun 2012, 00:54

So we have had the boat rides, the bike ride and numerous dinners out. Now all we need is G & S playing a game of grab ass by his pool and we will have all the standard strategic pap shots from the summer.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 19 Jun 2012, 00:55

TNMC,
Thanks for clarifying. Can I use "being a blonde" as an excuse for not "getting it" again?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 19 Jun 2012, 00:58

davidarochelle wrote:TNMC,
Thanks for clarifying. Can I use "being a blonde" as an excuse for not "getting it" again?

Well I'm sure that's Stacy's excuse too lol!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 19 Jun 2012, 01:11

watching wrote:So we have had the boat rides, the bike ride and numerous dinners out. Now all we need is G & S playing a game of grab ass by his pool and we will have all the standard strategic pap shots from the summer.

Really. By my card, I have BINGO! Very Happy Still wondering why he's compressed an entire summer's worth of activities into about ten days. I thought he spent the first week of vacation sleeping. Not getting much shut eye this time around.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 19 Jun 2012, 01:22

'Cos they're off round Europe for a while doing stuff to do with Monuments Men

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 19 Jun 2012, 01:30

Got it, but it's like he's working off a list: bike ride, check. Boat ride, check. Dinner at Il Gatto Negro, check. I mean, people on this site are often accurately predicting the next set of pictures. It just doesn't feel relaxing or vacation-y to me. It feels like, "This is what all the other girls get, so I should do this for her too, before I get too tied up in work."

Besides which, they don't have restaurants in other parts of Europe? Motorcycles are illegal on the rest of the continent? Any of these activities could be done wherever they're heading next. Just seems like a jam-packed first few days of vacay, that's all. And let's be clear: "they" aren't doing stuff with Monuments Men, George is. Stacy's just the tag-along. Unless she's been cast as the lone female character, which I would almost kind of love. Twisted Evil
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 01:37

Couple of suggestions here -

1) George is a creature of habit, which would explain his predictable behavoir

2) Once he and Grant begin the Monuments project, he may be full throttle and not as avaialbel to wine and dine Stacy.

3) Her friends are with them, so he wants to show them a good time while they're there. Maybe they'll be leaving soon.

Just some plausible explanations.....
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 19 Jun 2012, 01:47

I wonder if they were planning to be traveling all over Europe would George have taken Einstein with him?? Doesn't seem it would be good for Eins to be constantly traveling all summer when George is busy working. Just a thought.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 01:49

Good point, TNMC.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 19 Jun 2012, 01:49

You could be right, Missa. I'm going on what Him and Her both said together on red carpets. That they would be on the road in Europe a lot this summer looking at locations for Monuments Men.

And Her said recently that they'd be going all around Europe.

Possibilities to add to that - the trip to Greece they both mentioned - not a location in Monuments Men - and possible weddings in the South of France and Greece?

Very busy bunnies

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Tue 19 Jun 2012, 01:51

Alright who decided to ask Ted? Interesting answer that I think a lot of COH members have said.

Dear Ted:
Help, Ted, my head is spinning! I love me some George Clooney photos, but it is like he is speed-dating his summer in Italy. All within a few days we have had a boat ride, Stacy Keibler shopping with friends, dinner out and now already motorcycle ride pictures. What is the hurry this summer?
—Dimples

Dear When in Rome:
Who has time to stop and smell the roses these days?! Summer vacay is all about living life in the fast lane when you're in the Hollywood elite. And, Stacy being the smart gal she is, knows she needs to score all the Lake Como sightseeing while she can.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 19 Jun 2012, 02:07

I'm not saying they aren't traveling, just that it doesn't seem like a reason why they'd be scrambling to fit in time together. I haven't read the book, but since it's set during WWII I would imagine it takes place in countries such as France, Italy, England, maybe Poland and Germany. All places they can enjoy bike rides and nice dinners. I guess my idea of a vacation involves umbrella drinks, a book, and a chair by the pool (or lake or ocean). All this activity would make me need another vacation. Very Happy And what I meant by the "they aren't doing Monuments Men stuff" is that even though they may be traveling together, George is the one who will be working. Stacy will be free as a bird at every stop.

I don't know who's getting married in Greece, but I'm guessing the "south of France" is a reference to Brad and Angie? I would be completely shocked if they turn up at that ceremony. Like someone said on another thread, I think George and Brad are "work buddies" but not anything like the kind of friend whose wedding you attend. I wouldn't be surprised if Brad and Angie got married in a small, secret ceremony with just their families around them (if they haven't already), and sold the photos for charity. Plus, Angie and Stacy hate each other, remember? Wink

So maybe, according to Ted, it's Stacy who is working off a checklist? She even got the "solo boat ride with friends" day Betty got. Girlfriend did her research. Maybe Katie should see whose been going through the "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" threads recently; we might find the mole. hidingbehindsofa
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 19 Jun 2012, 02:21

Sorry for another post, I'm feeling awful chatty this evening.

I was just thinking how these photos are such Rorshach tests for all of us. We find evidence for exactly what we already believe, and think the people who see the opposite are nice, but clearly delusional. I think there's a social psychology thesis in here somewhere. Writer\'s block

Anyway, I just went on twitter, and I have to say, I had no idea how much that pregnancy rumor was all over the place. The official denial to Gossip cop from Stacy's "friends" includes pointing out that she had wine Sunday night. So, how much of this photo op (which it CLEARLY is Wink ) was to combat the "he's miserable with her and never shows her any affection" and how much to combat the "she's gonna be his baby-mama!"? Two birds with one very delicious stone?
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 19 Jun 2012, 02:27

Hey Missa, when you're ready to write that thesis let me know I'd be happy to be a test subject lol!

I agree that the photo op with the hand holding was staged to counteract the negative comments recently. Oh wait a minute was it really or do I just want to believe that??? Nope i think I am right on this one Question Question Nope maybe I just wanna believe it Question Question Nope it was staged Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 19 Jun 2012, 02:29

Missa,
Never apologize for your posts, as I really enjoy reading them. And I totally agree with this one.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 19 Jun 2012, 13:41

I'm probably the only one thinking this but hey thats never stopped me before. Is it possible that GC and SK do not spend 24/7 worrying and thinking about what people are saying/writing etc and are in fact doing exactly what a lot of the pictures look like - out to a nice long relaxing dinner with friends and enjoying the company of not only each other (shock/horror she gasps) but their friends also. I like to analyse all the photos too, and no doubt some are staged occassionally, but sometimes the situation is as it appears to be. Anyhow off to have a coffee before bed. Peace Very Happy
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 19 Jun 2012, 14:00

OK a query....if the dinner photos were staged, why would the photographer take them from behind the main couple, who are the subject of the scrutiny ?

Does anyone know how these allegedly "staged photos" work ?
Do the subjects get to vet the photos and choose which ones can be published ? confused

Personally, I don't care whether they're staged or not.
I love to see our man on holiday, relaxing in beautiful surroundings,
with his people who mean a lot to him Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Jun 2012, 14:02

theminis wrote:I'm probably the only one thinking this but hey thats never stopped me before. Is it possible that GC and SK do not spend 24/7 worrying and thinking about what people are saying/writing etc and are in fact doing exactly what a lot of the pictures look like - out to a nice long relaxing dinner with friends and enjoying the company of not only each other (shock/horror she gasps) but their friends also. I like to analyse all the photos too, and no doubt some are staged occassionally, but sometimes the situation is as it appears to be. Anyhow off to have a coffee before bed. Peace Very Happy

I agree they are out having a good time with each other and their friends.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 19 Jun 2012, 14:06

When talking of staging it can be done in two different ways. 1. You have a photograph do the shots and then your team submits them to the tabloids. 2. You give the paps the heads up and when you see them you act like you are lovey dovey. My guess is that the paps could only get shots from those angles. The restaurant I'm sure does not let them on the property so they don't have full access. Plus if the pics were heads on it would make them seem more staged. It's called PR 101.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 19 Jun 2012, 14:07

[quote="Missa"]Sorry for another post, I'm feeling awful chatty this evening.

I was just thinking how these photos are such Rorshach tests for all of us. We find evidence for exactly what we already believe, and think the people who see the opposite are nice, but clearly delusional. I think there's a social psychology thesis in here somewhere. Writer\'s block

Interesting information regarding the Rorschach Ink Blots here for anyone interested !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 19 Jun 2012, 14:07

When talking of staging it can be done in two different ways. 1. You have a photograph do the shots and then your team submits them to the tabloids. 2. You give the paps the heads up and when you see them you act like you are lovey dovey. My guess is that the paps could only get shots from those angles. The restaurant I'm sure does not let them on the property so they don't have full access. Plus if the pics were heads on it would make them seem more staged. It's called PR 101.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 19 Jun 2012, 14:11

Oh I see TNMC, I think. I like it Coolio
Is that accurate or are you pulling my leg ?

So our man has eyes in the back of his head then ? lol!

No wonder SK called him "superhuman" on the red carpet.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next