George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Is it time for another 'fun' movie? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is it time for another 'fun' movie? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Is it time for another 'fun' movie? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is it time for another 'fun' movie? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Is it time for another 'fun' movie? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Is it time for another 'fun' movie? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Is it time for another 'fun' movie? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Is it time for another 'fun' movie? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Is it time for another 'fun' movie? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is it time for another 'fun' movie?

+5
Aly
melbert
fava
Katiedot
Seth Gecko
9 posters

Go down

Is it time for another 'fun' movie? Empty Is it time for another 'fun' movie?

Post by Seth Gecko Tue 05 Jun 2012, 12:41

Hi all.

Been a little while since I last posted, but have been thinking recently about how much I'd like another 'Oceans' style movie.

I have realy enjoyed the majority of GCs output. Loved the Ides of March and The Descendants and am looking forward to Gravity.

That said. What first drew me to become a fan of his were films like Out Of Sight, The Oceans films etc. I would really love to see another one in that style, with GC just being cool.

Maybe George just isn't in that place anymore, but I think one needs to happen soon before he gets too old to pull it off Sad

Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Is it time for another 'fun' movie? Empty Re: Is it time for another 'fun' movie?

Post by Katiedot Tue 05 Jun 2012, 13:07

Definitely. In fact, I think it's overdue but I don't think he's making those sorts of films any more.

It's a shame but I guess if you read all the comments on IMDb for example where people accuse him of 'just playing George Clooney' it's understandable why he seems to be veering away from those too cool for school roles now.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is it time for another 'fun' movie? Empty Re: Is it time for another 'fun' movie?

Post by fava Tue 05 Jun 2012, 17:23

Maybe Men Who stare at Goats is as close as we will get!

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 06 Jun 2012, 02:40

I still want to see him as another badass! He can pull it off!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Wed 06 Jun 2012, 05:03

George , please play a thief " it is majority of his best roles as thief or called jack " and kiss the girl and make the screen shine with fireworks !
we want another fun easy film but i guess u think you are too old and no one will send you a script for acting that's not happening just have faith ! focus and try to be like yourself again !
Sean Connery done the movie with CZJ i guess he was older than you are ,just don't but all you effort on directing political movies and let people see you like that !

p.s i know GC won't read that !
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Gecko Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:23

I'm so g;lad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I feel there is definately room and time for Oceans 14 and Out of Sight 2.

I know they saod that Oceans is Dead without Bernie Mac, God bless him, but a get together would be fantastic,
Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Gecko Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:25

Make Eddie Izzard one of the gang, bring back Tess and Isobel.

I have heard some people, myseld one of them, say that Cedric the Entertainer could play Bernie Macs part, but maybe the film could play tribute to him??
Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Gecko Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:26

myself, not Myseld, sorry for the typo.
Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 12 Jun 2012, 14:34

I'm with you - another Oceans movie would be great to see, love the ensemble cast. And if he could manage playing another type of " American " or " Dusk till Dawn " baddie, that would be pretty good too. What am I saying, I'll go see any movie he is in. My little boy thinks he is the best Batman in the world and wants him to be Batman again (keep in mind he is only 6!)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Gecko Tue 12 Jun 2012, 15:26

Batman 4 was a terrible film. Nothing to do with GC though, more to do with the studio and the director.
Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 15:43

Yes, it is time for Clooney to mix it up again. His last films, Ides of March, and The Descendants, were more dramatic, IMO. However, I think Clooney likes mixing comedy and drama in one film, because it is more realistic of what this life is all about....trying to learn the lessons of loss with the "Unpleasant" times and truly embracing those other moments of pure "Joy and laughter."

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 12 Jun 2012, 16:59

G has great comedic timing (see UITA, although I wish he had a different costar) that has not been fully taken advantage of as yet. Wish Batman had been better written as a comedy. G I know you like pranks and are great at making people laugh in interviews; plus comedy has nothing to do with age. So how about helping a younger male star with great comedy potential in a new buddy movie that's actually very funny?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Gecko Fri 15 Jun 2012, 00:39

I have to say davidarochelle that I would hate to see George as a stooge to someone else. He is talented enough as an actor to move from leading man to character actor -which is what he always wanted.

GC has at least 10 years left as a leading man, on a personal level, I would want at least 5 movies i that time.

Maybe that's just me being greedy Smile
Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Gecko Fri 15 Jun 2012, 00:41

By the way - I have (what I think is..) the best idea for a movie starring George. I'm trying to sell it at the moment. I'd love it to happen for a couple of reasons. One is obvious, the other is that it is the perfect role for GC. If anything happens, I'll keep you posted, but I'm sure I'll be ignored by the studios, but nevermind.
Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 15 Jun 2012, 03:07

Seth,
Do you mean that you've written a script? Do you have a writer's agent? How far have you gotten through the Hollywood maze?

The trend in comedies is the older/younger variant. G wouldn't have to play a stooge.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 15 Jun 2012, 03:14

stop being so pessimistic Seth you never Know what life may hold... bounce
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 16 Jun 2012, 16:16

When George makes your movie Seth, remember us??????!!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 16 Jun 2012, 18:46

Seth Gecko wrote:By the way - I have (what I think is..) the best idea for a movie starring George. I'm trying to sell it at the moment. I'd love it to happen for a couple of reasons. One is obvious, the other is that it is the perfect role for GC. If anything happens, I'll keep you posted, but I'm sure I'll be ignored by the studios, but nevermind.

Just keep following your dream Seth and don't stop knocking on all the doors you can find. Coolio
Never Give Up ! Zen
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 16 Jun 2012, 21:18

Never give up but find a way to make your dreams work. Read all the books you can find on how to sell to Hollywood but take all of them with a HUGE grain of salt. For example most casting directors in Hollywood tell you ways to get noticed. Reality is that you need to meet the RIGHT powerful people and get them to see you as a HUGE "generator of green." (Hey I just made up that expression; I'll have to remember it for future use, as it's the rule of the industry.)
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 16 Jun 2012, 22:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The second portion of the generator of green power
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 16 Jun 2012, 22:35

Melbert,
I think that's the wrong kind of green. I meant the "green" that enables the greedy to make in one day what many people make in one year or in one lifetime.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 16 Jun 2012, 22:41

Yes Davida, I knew what you meant. Just messing with you that there is already a "generator of green"...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 16 Jun 2012, 22:44

Melbert,
I should know, I always fall for everything. Being blond supposedly gives me a ready excuse. Men love to tease me. LOL all the way to the bank.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 16 Jun 2012, 22:45

Blonde to the bone????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 16 Jun 2012, 22:51

Melbert,
Blondes get away with much more. In Hollywood had to switch to brunette, so blonde actresses wouldn't bar me from the set.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Gecko Tue 26 Jun 2012, 12:33

I think GC would be perfect casting as Alexander Mundy in a big screen version of the 60's Robert Wagner series 'It Takes a Thief' I'd love to see this.

Would be on my wishlist alongside Out Of Sight 2 and Ocean 14
Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down