George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's house - Los Angeles EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney's house - Los Angeles EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney's house - Los Angeles EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney's house - Los Angeles EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's house - Los Angeles EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's house - Los Angeles EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's house - Los Angeles EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's house - Los Angeles EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney's house - Los Angeles EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's house - Los Angeles

+27
annemarie
What Would He Say
Nicky80
Carla97
Picachu
Juliette Hardy
Lighterside
aflower1325
Lakin460
Maggy
MM
Vi
playfuldeb
Clear As Mud
cindigirl
lelacorb
Joanna
Dexterdidit
Casey
LornaDoone
Merlin
it's me
emeraldcity
lucy
Katiedot
melbert
sisieq
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney's house - Los Angeles Empty George Clooney's house - Los Angeles

Post by sisieq Fri 07 Jan 2011, 19:06

he says. "I was always laughing because you can Google Earth my house any time you want and go right down onto it -- and please do, it's not in real time. It will be three months ago or something like that -- but it seems that if you can do that to me, then I want them to enjoy the same level of celebrity. I want people who do really evil acts to enjoy the same level of celebrity that I do. Seems fair. They want to be famous, they're famous now and that's what our job is."

Don't you need someone's address to find their house? I've never used Google Earth. Anyone know? If not, anyone looked at his house?

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's house - Los Angeles Empty Re: George Clooney's house - Los Angeles

Post by melbert Sat 08 Jan 2011, 01:27

Sisieq, I did once from an address I got on some site (I'll have to think awhile before I remember where). Could have been it, or probably wasn't. Actually kind of cool process.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's house - Los Angeles Empty Re: George Clooney's house - Los Angeles

Post by Katiedot Sat 08 Jan 2011, 02:58

sisieq wrote:
he says. "I was always laughing because you can Google Earth my house any time you want and go right down onto it -- and please do, it's not in real time. It will be three months ago or something like that -- but it seems that if you can do that to me, then I want them to enjoy the same level of celebrity. I want people who do really evil acts to enjoy the same level of celebrity that I do. Seems fair. They want to be famous, they're famous now and that's what our job is."

Don't you need someone's address to find their house? I've never used Google Earth. Anyone know? If not, anyone looked at his house?

Nah, if you know more or less where he lives you can find it on google. I guess that many of us have googled it, but I do ask you all not to post the address or long/lat coordinates on this forum.

I'm not sure why because I'm sure any stalker could find him easily enough, heck if I can find it, anyone can, but I just don't think it's right.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's house - Los Angeles Empty George's house

Post by melbert Sat 08 Jan 2011, 03:17

I agree Katie, and if I find it, I won't post it.

Also, I'm watching Anderson Cooper and there is no reference to George. So, does that mean he's not back yet?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 08 Jan 2011, 04:02

But in the meantime, here's a couple of pics of his LA home to keep us happy:

This was supposed to be taken at his pool (although I have my doubts):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And this was filmed some years ago now in his guesthouse which is a separate building on his property, I believe.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Jan 2011, 04:51

On the first pic, the surrounding area looks as if it could be at his house. However, since I've not been there, I don't know. I don't think the 2nd pic is his guest house though. When he was outside waiting for Julia to arrive, I think it was at his back deck, then they went out and barbequed the burgers and were in his kitchen. Again, he hasn't invited me, so I don't know for sure. On Letterman, I think he said his guest house was down the driveway. Since they didn't show a wide shot on the Oprah special, I'm just speculating.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 08 Jan 2011, 05:12

I remember at the time of that interview, Julia running up to door of this room,and thinking it odd that it was a tennis court she was running across.The kitchen was so small,I always thought it was strange he had 7bedrooms&such a tiny kitchen.Maybe guest house explains it.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Jan 2011, 05:18

If it was the guest house, I would sure love to live in it. It's better than ANY house I've ever lived in!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 08 Jan 2011, 05:38

I'm confident that that's the guest house because it was mentioned on one of the interviews. Not so sure that that's the pool though.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by emeraldcity Sat 08 Jan 2011, 06:01

Yes, thats George's pool, when you find it on google it has the same ground configeration.

He said in an interview that he likes to sit in the hot tub of an evening (I assume that's the small square pool) and listen to the owl in the grounds, he hoots back and they have a great conversation.

The guest house is a long narrow building very close to or possibly attached to the main house, like a seperate wing of the original building but its placed at an odd angle, not on a square with the main building, from the few snaps I've seen it appears to have two stories.

His LA home is very secluded and I don't think he would have any privacy problems even if it was commonly known where he lived, there seems to be a long steep drive way up to the house from the road. So its not like Como where the paps can take pictures over his back fence or from a neighbours roof.

A French TV journalist/show host gained access a couple of years ago when he just drove up the drive way with some work vans that were doing renovations on the house, so we had a reasonable view of the outside (Mock Tudor) before RandE gave him a piece of his mind. I can't find the clip now, maybe Laetval remembers what the Frenchman's name was and can point us to it on YouTube.

The info on the pool and guesthouse is mostly a guess. I haven't had an invite either Crying or Very sad

Last edited by emeraldcity on Sat 08 Jan 2011, 06:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double word)
emeraldcity
emeraldcity
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 08 Jan 2011, 07:52

I haven't had an invite either
affraid
why not?

kidding Hello!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 08 Jan 2011, 10:46

His address in Como was in an article which was posted on Clooneyfiles...Julie removed it I think.....but there are lots of pictures of it so it would be easy to find on Google Earth....I went past on a boat on Lake Como and the guide on the boat pointed it out...people probably do the same on land....
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:21

Eagle eyed viewers can spot the bits filmed at George's LA house in this ZZ Top video which made as part of the From Dusk Till Dawn promo, so this is from a while ago

They filmed on his tennis/basketball court:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:46

And finally! This is the video I've been looking for. When George bought his LA house, he took Barbara Walters for a guided tour.

The house tour starts at 3 minutes into the video:

Credits: the video's uploaded onto YouTube by someone called Rosario Arijon but originally stored by Clooney Network

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:54

yes, who is this Rosario Arijon ????
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Jan 2011, 13:02

OK, I stand corrected. Great vids Katie!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 08 Jan 2011, 18:00

Nice piano.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Sat 08 Jan 2011, 18:30

He's competitive with his father, he said in that Barbara Walters interview.....explains a lot, doesn't it?

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jan 2011, 21:36

Casey, yep Thumbs up!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 08 Jan 2011, 22:13

Glad you found the Barbara Walters one!! Never saw it and the last half was a good and interesting interview.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jan 2011, 22:26

Does he still have a home in Malibu? I think I have a pic of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Jan 2011, 23:37

Purgatoire, LOVE your avatar! I read once that the had the one home in LA, an apartment in NYC and The Villa. That was some time ago, so he may have acquired more, but I don't think he has one in Malibu.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 08 Jan 2011, 23:39

LOL, and now Cobo. The NY apartment, is that where he stays whenever he's there? I forget the name of the building.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Jan 2011, 23:42

Forgot Cabo Sisieq - thanks! I think the name of the hotel is the Carlyle (sp?) where he is seen going in to and coming out of, but I don't know if they actually have apartments that people buy there. Once again, he hasn't invited me yet, so I don't know first hand.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 08 Jan 2011, 23:44

Casey wrote:He's competitive with his father, he said in that Barbara Walters interview.....explains a lot, doesn't it?

Loud hailer remember? you are 50 now Blow horn SVEGLIAAAAAAAA!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Jan 2011, 23:56

Not til May 6th It's Me. He's still got 4 months to grow up!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 09 Jan 2011, 00:02

bah! Noooo!
he didn't til now..... Rolling Eyes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 06 Oct 2011, 05:38

Just bumping this thread up for people who may not have seen it before.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 15 Jan 2012, 10:29

Not sure if I should be posting this, but it's very easy to find on Zimbio:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GEORGE CLOONEY'S TUDOR STYLE MANSION, BOUGHT IN 1995 FOR $2.2M..DECEMBER 12, 1998

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 15 Jan 2012, 10:58

Love the pictures. I do like that interview he did with Barbara I would say the house has changed alot over the years. I thought the small kitchen was near the bbq to save them carring things out etc cause in the video it is a large kitchen and has that island and in someone's recent twitpic there is an island in that picture. So I wouldn't be surprised if he has two a main one an one for bbq's and parties!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:01

I think the BBQ is next to the guest house - you can see it in the middle pic (white brick to the side with stools around it). They filmed Julia Roberts' interview there for Oprah Winfrey.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:07

really nice
thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 15 Jan 2012, 13:13

Thanks Katie

Lovely lovely trees. They are very calming to live around.
He chose his house well IMO
I have a lot of trees around my house and it's wonderful,
especially when the wind howls through.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 15 Jan 2012, 13:23

Where is the pool? I had already seen these photos and I felt there was a swimming pool. I'm thinking back to the photo of Stacy with Einstein in the pool and I do not think that pool can hit with this Tudor-style house? Anyone know give me an explanation?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 15 Jan 2012, 14:07

lela, it's in the last pic towards the top you see the roof with chimney, you can see blue water just a little, that's where I think the pool is.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 15 Jan 2012, 15:28

You think you see this pool?

lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 15 Jan 2012, 15:36

Lela - if you look to the top and right of your picture you can see the earthenware pot with the circle in front. If you look at the picture of his house you can see the same thing. To me it looks like the picture of the pool at his house.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jan 2012, 16:23

but the pool seems different
not a squared one scratch

anyway
a really big big house
rooms for parents and various visitors, I think

and then? I can't say Embarassed

library room, cinema too, gim room.... help me
it's beyond my imagination...

I mean
it's surely a status simbol

but for him
are all rooms useful?

okok
I'm a poor provincial chick Rolling Eyes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jan 2012, 19:15

This is his pool! Idea
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 15 Jan 2012, 19:31

A fish pond ??
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jan 2012, 19:37

a warm one !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear As Mud Sun 15 Jan 2012, 19:38

Strange - not sure where my post went ???

Looks like a coy pond to me. Laughing
Clear As Mud
Clear As Mud
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jan 2012, 19:42

sure..... Wink

girls
time to go
bye
see u later

Hello!
in bocca al lupo George!!! Love2
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 15 Jan 2012, 21:47

I agree, CAM
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 15 Jan 2012, 21:55

We have pics somewhere about the remodeling of George's house, the pool and patio area has been modernized, from the pool with curves to the new one. Some of the above pics are taken before remodel.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jan 2012, 21:57

ahhhhhhhhhhhh
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Feb 2012, 17:42

Just adding this video to the collection:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 21 Feb 2012, 19:06

It's interesting to compare the interiors now from the time he showed Barbara Walters round his house, especially the kitchen.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:42

Pictures from the CBS page (link from lelacorb: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hosts Charlie Rose and Lara Logan launch "Person to Person" from New York City with a visit to the Los Angeles home of big screen idol George Clooney.

George Clooney had just won a Golden Globe for Best Actor in "The Descendants" when "Person to Person" came to visit. He welcomed Charlie and Lara into his home, coffee cup in hand, to begin his guided tour.

The tour starts in the kitchen with a peek inside his refrigerator. It's all salads and juice for a reason. Clooney said his 2012 New Year's resolution was "to eat better and to do one of those cleanses." And, he joked, "I was really glad I did that."

Clooney bought the house during his "ER" days. He says there is a difference between a house and a home. A house is a place to just live in, but "a home is a place where your family and friends are a part of."

CBS News' "Person to Person" crew, seen here adjusting Clooney's microphone, got a personalized grand tour from the Oscar-winning actor. (He was nominated for two more Oscars this year!) Clooney splits his time between this home in Los Angeles and his summer home in Lake Como, Italy.

While leading the CBS crew around his home, Clooney shared some tidbits about his childhood

Clooney bought the house during his "ER" days. He says there is a difference between a house and a home. A house is a place to just live in, but "a home is a place where your family and friends are a part of."

George Clooney, seen here with his family in a 1966 photo, lived in a series of homes in Ohio and Kentucky when he was a kid. He said, "I went to five schools before I was in eighth grade." Clooney's dad, Nick, was a TV news anchor.

Clooney's parents, shown here with their children in 1971, spent 30 years paying off their home. "And so, it's one of those things that, was always to me - it was a sign of making it...being able to own your own home," he said.

Clooney is a Cincinnati Bengals football fan and likes to watch games with his friends in this room. But, when he was a kid, he wanted to be a baseball player. Charlie Rose wondered what position he would have played. Clooney replied, "the bench."

Among Clooney's treasured possessions are some neckties belonging to President John F. Kennedy

Clooney decorated his bar with pictures from both his and Frank Sinatra's versions of "Ocean's Eleven."

Maker's Mark fans take note: The ultimate personalized bourbon bottle for the Kentucky-born actor.

A model of Clooney's character from "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" adorns the bar. "That was a fun movie to do. It was a big flop, believe it or not, but it was a really well-liked movie," said Clooney.

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more pictures)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:07

George Clooney's interest in journalism is influenced by his father Nick Clooney's long career in news. In fact, one of the reasons Clooney wrote and directed the film "Good Night, and Good Luck" about Edward R. Murrow - the original host of "Person to Person" - was because his father was a great admirer of the CBS newsman.

George and his father, Nick Clooney, attended a gala hosted by Walter Cronkite. In this autographed photo, George poses with network news anchors, from left, Tom Brokaw, Walter Cronkite, Brian Williams, Dan Rather, and Barbara Walters.

An old 45 rpm record of Clooney's aunt, legendary singer Rosemary Clooney, is displayed on the edge of a bookcase. "She was a big, big, big part of our lives, and she is dearly missed."

Rosemary Clooney appeared with Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis on "The Colgate Comedy Hour." This photo is from 1955.

Clooney has an impressive wine cellar, and some advice on how to order wine in a restaurant. "Don't order the most expensive 'cause then you'd be a jerk. Find something in the middle, pretend you know what it is, and say: 'This is a fine wine.'"

Clooney says watching movies in his screening room is one of his favorite things to do. He recently installed a 3D projector so he could watch 3D movies...

...but he wasn't so sure he could ever get used to the look.

Clooney shares his home with Einstein, a dog he rescued from a shelter. To make sure Einstein would like him right from the start, Clooney says he had a secret trick: rubbing meatballs on his shoes!

This is a photo of Max, the pet pig Clooney had for 18 years. Max even slept in bed with the actor, that is, until Max got too big. The pig eventually grew to 250 pounds. Clooney admits he could make some jokes but said, "I'm not gonna."

Clooney, a serious practical joker, recalled some of his best pranks for "Person to Person."

And that's a wrap! Clooney, center, posed with "Person to Person" producers & crew. Then they packed up their lights, cameras, and miles of cable and went on their next house call

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding more pictures)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next