George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan?

+15
lucy
caudata
pattygirl
noodle
theminis
Lighterside
it's me
annemarie
Katiedot
Joanna
playfuldeb
phys major
Astras
davidarochelle
OofOof
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? Empty Re: Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan?

Post by OofOof Sun 13 May 2012, 22:41

Well guys this is my last day and post on COH. Decided it was better not knowing too much about someone I used to respect. Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that Mr. Clooney is a fake. He surrounds himself with pretty people only. Yes, from what I read on this site, his "boys" actually sound like real people and I'm happy for him he does have them. But he spends most of his time with Rande and Cindy, both who seem like empty vessels who care only about appearance. His choice in women is his entirely and I'm not someone who feels he should pick companions based on what others think. But really? I mean someone who professes to be interested in politics and says all the right things about women in Hollywood needing better roles etc. He hooks up with very young (and I'm not just talking age here ladies) and immature women who all have four things in common--they're pretty in an over the top sex way, they're at least 19+ years younger than he is, they have slitty eyes, and they dress in clothing that men love. He spends most of his free time tanning in Cabo or on yachts in the Mediterranean. The people he surrounds himself with are with a few exceptions, no better. Yes, he "kindly" greets his fans and is very kind to us regular folk. But frankly, based on all the stuff I've read here from you all, I find it more condescending than nice at this point. And the whole serial monagamist thing would be funny if it weren't so sad. In some thread here there were discussions that because he'd only been with 21 girls in 19 years he wasn't a womanizer. Please people! First, it's highly doubtful this man sticks solely with any of the women he "dates" during their time with him. Again, more power to him. But let's be honest. He's a womanizer. As a woman who used to like this guy and really loved his last movie, I think for me, the whole fan site thing just doesn't work. I find myself coming here way too much out of a sick fascination over who he might be dating next or if he and Stacy are still together. Does it really matter? She's a nice girl without a clue except for the fact she realized a long time ago she can use her looks to get ahead. More power to her. The sad thing for Mr. Clooney is that this relationship in particular has done nothing but make him look like a short old man trying desperately to hang onto his youth. Today someone mentioned how short he had appeared to a friend. I don't doubt it because in all the pictures I've seen of him lately with Stacy he's looked like a little old man. I guess I'm as bad as he is as I was attracted to him at first by his sex appeal. That seems to be gone now for me so I'm moving on. I've enjoyed you all and wish you the best!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? Empty Re: Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan?

Post by davidarochelle Sun 13 May 2012, 23:11

Mizerello,
Having dated workaholic men in the past, I understand the conflict they have between wanting a woman of their intellectual equal to stimulate and challenge them but also realizing that they just don't have the time and emotional energy to devote to a real relationship. To achieve and maintain their success requires so much from them. The smart ones don't have kids, so they aren't the absentee father. We can only hope that G in recognizing his "grey hair" will soon realize that it would be smart for him to move in a different direction and to find someone to live with, besides his dog, that truly appreciates his talents.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Mon 14 May 2012, 01:11

Mizerello, wow. I don't know if anyone else appreciates the irony of your post, but I certainly do. On the one hand, you call George fake and shallow because of his choice in women and friends; and yet you have decided one of the reasons you no longer admire him is because he seems old and short next to Stacy.

What would you suggest George do in his spare time? Cure cancer perhaps? I guess trying to save lives in Darfur and being involved in countless charities and worthwhile causes while not working isn't quite enough to convince you. Sorry for the sarcasm, but honestly...*shrug*

It's disheartening to see someone's opinion swayed by gossip and speculation. I sincerely hope you are able to meet him someday. You will realize that he is quite genuine, flaws and all. The trolls would certainly be delighted by your change of heart.

Anyway, I am sorry you feel the way you do. Wishing you all the best.
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 01:20

I for one would absolutely like to see him cure cancer...What is the old saying I can tell who you are by the company you keep...
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 14 May 2012, 01:25

G that's what you get for playing a doctor and then Batman. We all expect miracles from you.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 14 May 2012, 07:29

Actually, I understood Mizzerello's post completely. There are times I have felt that way, only because his latest flavor of the month tends to overshadow all his good works. I believe, that if he settled down with a good woman, and continued his humanitariun works, the world would take him even more serious, and then George would be a powerful force.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 10:39

My take on this as a Brit living across the pond....

There is obviously much, much more interest and coverage of George and Stacey in USA than anywhere else.
I've just checked a UK celebrity web site and the latest Clooney information there was George getting arrested !
So maybe the concerns that the American fans express here are
exaggerated because of the amount of information being fed out by celebrity TV, celebrity magazines and celebrity web sites
all based in USA.
I don't think we have a british based celebrity TV programme which examines every detail of Hollywood gossip. If we do then I'm ignorant of it. LOL
They tend to make Reality TV based in UK, which sometimes creates a previously unknown individual into a celebrity,
for a short while anyway lol!

Hope this makes sense and it's not in any way a criticism of what people have expressed here, just an observation from another country.
In other words, don't worry about George not being taken seriously around the world, as the world doesn't appear to be much interested IMO
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Mon 14 May 2012, 10:45

playfuldeb wrote:Actually, I understood Mizzerello's post completely. There are times I have felt that way, only because his latest flavor of the month tends to overshadow all his good works. I believe, that if he settled down with a good woman, and continued his humanitariun works, the world would take him even more serious, and then George would be a powerful force.

I hope that you nor anyone else is offended by my response to your post, as it's not intended to provoke or cause offense, but when I read your comment it made me feel sad and a little frustrated. I haven't exactly lived the life that society *expected* out of me; and when I did I wasn't particularly happy. Maybe that's why I have such a difficult time understanding why so many fans (?) are so negatively invested in the woman George dates, and why they are so adamant that they are a detriment to him; suggesting that he needs to grow up and choose a woman more suitable for him. Not everyone wants or needs that.

The heart of my frustration is that it pains me to think that in this day and age we still think that a person can't be taken seriously or isn't quite an adult unless they are married or in a serious relationship with someone we deem a good catch. I'm not even sure how I would define a "good woman," and maybe that's why I struggle to understand certain comments made with regard to his personal life. George himself, when asked what quality he most likes in a woman, replied "kindness." He didn't say intelligence, humor, success, youth or beauty. He said kindness. I'm sure some will greet his response with a gigantic eyeroll, but you know, to each their own.

I can absolutely see why reading posts talking about his personal life depresses some, and titillates others. I do get why it would drive someone to leave, or to form a negative opinion of George. I totally get it. My pollyannish response has been to say "but, but...you can't believe everything you read" and "don't form judgements based on hearsay and gossip, blah, blah, blah"...However, I definitely feel like I'm tilting at windmills, and I know my feeble protests do little to sway anyone's opinion one way or the other. Maybe I feel the need to defend George's lifestyle not because he needs it, but because I do.

In other words, don't worry about George not being taken seriously around the world, as the world doesn't appear to be much interested IMO

Actually, ITA with you. I think my view has been skewed by certain threads and certain gossip sites. Most people I know in real life are very aware of George Clooney, but don't seem particularly interested in his personal life.

Oh well. Back to my Unicorns, rainbows and puppies. Wink Thanks for the indulgence, apologies for the redundancy.

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 May 2012, 10:59

I really liked reading Mizerello's post and would have to lose this great conversation in the middle of one of Stacy's threads.

Does anyone mind if I move her post and all the responses to a new thread, and if not, any suggestions as to what I should call the new thread?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 10:59

Hey Astras, I'm with you all the way. Enjoy your Unicorns and puppies today Thumbs up!
My life experience has helped me to be a realist and also to appreciate someone as interesting and creative as GTC.
I'm not influenced at all by information about his
relationships/life style.
I feel the same way as his mother retorted to two intrusive "reporters" (huh) when the subject was raised...
"It's HIS business" End of.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 11:03

Katie...something like....

Positive and Negative Views about George Clooney ??
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan? Empty Is it better to know less about George to enjoy being a fan?

Post by annemarie Mon 14 May 2012, 11:53

Joanna wrote:Hey Astras, I'm with you all the way. Enjoy your Unicorns and puppies today Thumbs up!
My life experience has helped me to be a realist and also to appreciate someone as interesting and creative as GTC.
I'm not influenced at all by information about his
relationships/life style.
I feel the same way as his mother retorted to two intrusive "reporters" (huh) when the subject was raised...
"It's HIS business" End of.

I have to agree with you and Nina.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 14 May 2012, 12:32

playfuldeb wrote:Actually, I understood Mizzerello's post completely. There are times I have felt that way, only because his latest flavor of the month tends to overshadow all his good works. I believe, that if he settled down with a good woman, and continued his humanitariun works, the world would take him even more serious, and then George would be a powerful force.

amen
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 14 May 2012, 13:33

The heart of my frustration is that it pains me to think that in this day and age we still think that a person can't be taken seriously or isn't quite an adult unless they are married or in a serious relationship with someone we deem a good catch

Astras, great post, especially the portion above...I completely agree with your points and have had the same feelings on occasion.

And just try and get a group of women or any group for that matter to agree on what is "deemed a good catch"...you'll have as many different answers to that, as you do people in the group.

And there's nothing wrong with unicorns, rainbows and puppies either! LOL

Edited to pose the question: How many people's lives would stand up to the scrutiny of George's fans? We tend to look at his life through a microscope...would any of us hold up so well in those circumstances?
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 14 May 2012, 13:59

I have no doubt that there are plenty of celebrities who go from one blockbuster to the next and are only consumed by their own star power and popularity. IMO GC is not only a talented actor, but I believe from what I've seen/read spends a lot of his spare time shining a light on those less fortunate. He is obviously a caring individual and that matters. I try to judge someone based on their actions and their own deeds, not just the company they keep, so honestly it is irrelevant to me personally who he is dating, it may be interesting at times but irrelevant just the same. I look at the whole person (and yes Im shallow enough to admit that his appeal doesn't hurt either) but without knowing him personally and only looking from the outside in, there is plenty for me to respect and admire. Smile

p.s. not sure why some people are so fixated on how tall SK is, or how short GC appears next to her - seriously this is mentioned on lots of sites and IMO I find that very bizarre. Question
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 14:03

Astras...I think a lot of the problem is the inconsistency of his statements..Such as I am a private man in relationships...Then the women he dates, discredit him by disclosing personal information about the relationship.. (Like the sex comment for one..Is that keeping your private life private? and yes she said that ok)
SK has been doing it from day one.. I understand you adore George.. I admire & respect him immensely for his Humanitarian efforts and contributions to society, because that is what I am about.. So it is easy for me to stand up for him on those aspects, but I am also a private person and the people who I choose to date or spend my time with do not in anyway disregard that privacy. They respect and love me and keep our personal life private...I guess, in essence I am saying, if SK kept her mouth closed a lot of the girlfriend stuff would not be coming up and she would not be thought of as such a determent to his Hollywood Mystic...

Last edited by phys major on Mon 14 May 2012, 14:41; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added Astras for clarity)
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 14 May 2012, 14:12

I understand you adore George..

phys major, I don't know if this was directed at me or not but I don't "adore" anyone....not evern Mr. Clooney. That implies that I'm willing to overlook his foibles in blind admiration and nothing could be further from the truth. I just don't judge him that's all. I believe "to each, his own" and realize that I cannot form reliable opinions about someone I've never met from stories written about them by tabloids (and journos who also have never met him) and more importantly, I don't know the "real story" or motivation behind their actions and from life experience, I know that often "things are never what they seem".

Actually it's quite the opposite with me...I can accept people as they are, warts and all and not question the "why" of it....it just simply is what it is.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 14:15

Sorry Lighterside That was directed at Astras not you.

Last edited by phys major on Mon 14 May 2012, 14:38; edited 1 time in total
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 14 May 2012, 14:26

If SK kept her mouth closed and stopped tweeting etc, there would be a lot less to talk about on this site!!! Just saying Very Happy
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 14:35

Lighterside, I never read any of the gossip magazines..( well maybe once in a while at the doctors office) They are there to sell there magazines they will say anything to make a buck... and unfortunately ( this I know to be factual) PR plant things.. I also would never form an opinion from them..but the reality is, people do, and not just the ones here on COH.. Look at the Presidents of the United States they go through more scrutiny and assumptions than any Hollywood celebrity does...George has it easy!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 14:46

theminis wrote:If SK kept her mouth closed and stopped tweeting etc, there would be a lot less to talk about on this site!!! Just saying Very Happy

She can't, it is the nature of the beast, she needs to be acknowledged to acquire jobs...This is a self serving relationship on her part,(well I guess in George's to, but in a different way!) and it is very evident in HER tweets!!!! that is not made up gossip..That is right from the horses mouth!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 14 May 2012, 14:50

phys major wrote:Lighterside, I never read any of the gossip magazines..( well maybe once in a while at the doctors office) They are there to sell there magazines they will say anything to make a buck... and unfortunately ( this I know to be factual) PR plant things.. I also would never form an opinion from them..but the reality is, people do, and not just the ones here on COH.. Look at the Presidents of the United States they go through more scrutiny and assumptions than any Hollywood celebrity does...George has it easy!

Ah but you DO because 90% of what is posted on this site comes from the tabs...LOL
(But I do get your point...just fooling with you!)

I agree and most especially about the President. Can you believe there are people trying to "tie" the President to that scandal with the secret service and the prostitutes...like this was done with his approval and is normal operating procedure!

Yeah, cuz that wouldn't be a HUGE security breach or anything because "rent-a-hos" don't ever take pictures of people in compromising positions to extort money or gain information...they would "never" do something like that!

Last edited by Lighterside on Mon 14 May 2012, 14:57; edited 1 time in total
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 14:54

excuse me! do you know me or who I know?
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 14:59

Do not assume everyone on here does not have Hollywood connections!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 14 May 2012, 15:00

phys major wrote:excuse me! do you know me or who I know?

What part of "90% of what is posted on THIS SITE is from the tabloids" don't you get? I don't get your question...I don't have to know you in particular, you read this site and comment about what you read here don't you?

And what do "hollywood connections" have to do with reading this site and commenting on what's posted?
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 15:14

I have FRIENDS and FAMILY in virtually EVERY area of the entertainment industry..I do not need to form an opinion from this site!!!!
You obviously are in attack mood so RIP on someone else..I'm done!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Mon 14 May 2012, 15:31

What Lighter says makes a lot of sense. Everything we see, read, and experience makes us who we are and is part of the forming of our opinions, good or bad, on any subject.
I'm not sure why you felt attacked phys major but please know that my statement is not meant to upset you. It just makes sense to me.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 14 May 2012, 15:32

Don't know if you realize it, but "if George was married", and had a family, either his family or the world would be shortchanged.
George's choice of singleness gives the world the benefit of his enormous heart, kindness and love. He doesn't have to "split" his allegiances. IMO, I think he's doing what he feels is the best for him. He wants and needs to give his considerable energy and knowledge to the world at large, be it his humanitarian endeavors, or his extensive film work, acting, directing, writing, or producing. I don't feel that he feels (IMO) capable enough to do that AND contribute what he feels is necessary to be a devoted husband and father. Yes, he'd give love, but there is so much more a family needs.
He isn't like "normal" men. He doesn't work an 8-10 hr. day and come home, have dinner, read the paper, watch TV, play with the kids and do those normal things. Men with consuming careers, be they Drs., lawyers, or the like, are known for shortchanging their families and being absentee Dads. George has said (paraphrasing) that he wouldn't want to be one. His career, however, is all-consuming and this is how he has chosen to live his life.
Finally, let's face it. Even the most controlling (which I personally don't think he is) person, can't control entirely what someone else says. Little remarks made by someone else really can't be controlled so they happen. His PRIVATE life, is just that and he goes through life trying to keep it so. He's been chastized on COH for doing the Person-to-person interview, for allowing the world into his home - that he was being a hypocrite and letting them into his private world. Not true, IMO, just what did he show us? His kitchen, living room, dining room, wine cooler, viewing room, backyard entertainment area. Nothing really personal about that. Did we see his bedroom, bathroom, walk-in closet? Did we see anything he would not want us to see? No, we didn't. We saw how beautiful his home is, we saw how well he lives, we saw, again, what he wanted us to see. Just as with other celebrities, he controls the party, he controls the show. ALWAYS!
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 14 May 2012, 15:40

Suppose G had chosen for his dog the most expensive "designer dog" money could buy. Would we have thought less of him? Or do we regard him more highly because we love the rescue story behind Eins Clooney, and the encouragement of others to look for their pets at the pound. No SK isn't a paid for supermodel. I know that I've been told that "good people" won't come into my life until I stop being dragged down by those that just end up backstabbing me with their disloyalty.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by caudata Mon 14 May 2012, 15:47

Note: I got interrupted while typing this out, so Noodle basically already said this, but I'll post it anyway.

Maybe I misunderstood Lighterside, but I don't think she was attacking you phys major or saying that your opinions are formed from this site.

You made a couple of very good points, phys major, that the gossip magazines "will say anything to make a buck", that "PR plant things", and that people do form opinions on them. Which is why I think Lighterside's comment is something we all need to keep in mind, particularly those of us, like me, who don't have other sources of information, a lot (not all) of what we read/argue about on here, originally came from magazines who have agendas other than keeping us apprised of factual information.

caudata
caudata
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 14 May 2012, 15:54

phys major wrote:I have FRIENDS and FAMILY in virtually EVERY area of the entertainment industry..I do not need to form an opinion from this site!!!!
You obviously are in attack mood so RIP on someone else..I'm done!

I seriously don't know what it is that you're upset about and frankly I don't care....you seem to be the one who wants to make a mountain out of a mole hill darling...I've never debated wherther your friends or family are in the entertainment industry and I don't see what difference that makes but WE, here on THIS SITE are discussing articles posted from the TABLOIDS...that's all I said. Take it any way you want...you are the one with the short fuse, not me.

And quite frankly, your friends and family in the entertainment business doesn't lend any more weight to your comments. But apparently you think it does.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 16:04

I got interrupted while writing all this so it may be a
little out of context now.

I've always considered that George means "all of his private life" when he says he keeps his private life to himself, not just the things he and his GF get up to. IMO that's very small part of his private life and despite information coming out from time to time, we do know very little about what they do together.
Really, we only know 0.09% about his daily life so the other
0.99% is private, isn't it ?
We don't know how often he sees his family or close friends or what they do or talk about when they are together.
He recently referred to them all by saying that every one he cared about was in a good place at the moment. (I did hope he wasn't tempting fate when I heard that)
However, George has been more open about his life over the past
9 months than ever before, both in written interviews and videos and I for one have been grateful to him for that. I don't consider it a contradiction in terms at all.
Maybe it's a sign that he's become more secure in himself and doesn't care about people judging him ?
And actually we've learned a lot about his life from others over many years, rather than from him. His father has written articles about their gatherings in George's home at Lake Como. Remember the ducklings and the evenings spent listening to Rosemary's music ? He wrote in detail about their first visit to Darfur saying how much pain George was in while they were there.
I've rambled on a bit here, sorry.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 14 May 2012, 16:30

Yes, I realize that George does not HAVE to be married to be taken seriously, but I think being able to commit to things in life shows signs of stability. Commit to and sucessfully manage a career, commit to and sucessfully manage a home life, commit to and sucessfully manage charities, etc. I believe there's a track record here that is considered. Imagine if Hugh Hefner ran for President; how many people would take him seriously?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 14 May 2012, 16:42

I don't have a problem with George being a single person who doesn't want marriage and children. That being said I can understand how learning more about him may change your opinion of him and cause conflicting feelings. The women he chooses to keep company with over the years does reflect on him, IMO he would be taken more serious in politics if the women he chose to spend his time with were different than the SL-EC-SK. Not saying they are not all that GTC desires, or needs, but it is hard to take them seriously about much. No, I do not know them, and I hope they are more than what I see on TV,mags,etc. Yes he is a grown man and it is his business.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 May 2012, 16:43

I believe George has committed to a career, a home life
(eg "the Boys" are friends from before he was famous and wealthy)
and charities.
I'm not quite understanding your point playful..?
I'm a bit thick today LOL

A final thought...I'd rather see George continue his single life and change his GF's from time to time.... than see him keep marrying and divorcing and marrying and divorcing as some men do.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 16:59

And yet lighterside you continue to degrade me
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 14 May 2012, 17:07

I kinda feel sorry for Mizerello here....she simply stated her opinion, and why she felt that way, seemingly as a way of saying why she wouldn't be back to this forum, and alot of you seem to feel the need to justify why G is the way he is - without knowing him any better than she does. Astras seems to be the only one here thats had the most exposure to G, and she's entitled to her opinion of him as well. I for one, do see Mizerello's point, because I have also wondered if I would actually like George if I ever got to know him.
I like coming here out of morbid curiosity, and it makes for light reading while I have my morning coffee.
I just hate to see when others opinions here get pounced on, because
they don't paint G in a flattering light...

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 14 May 2012, 17:15

phys major wrote:And yet lighterside you continue to degrade me

I suggest that you either let it go or put me on ignore...I'm not going to debate your "issues" with you. I'm sorry if you've gotten hurt feelings today but from my very first response to you, which I incidentally said I was "fooling(ie joking) with you" you've wanted an argument and I'm not going to oblige you.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 14 May 2012, 17:17

If you can honestly say your previous statement was not degrading to me more power to you..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012, 17:24

I just wanted to comment that it is unfortunate that our society seems to thrive on "GOSSIP". I am not saying I am innocent, but I do do feel uncomfortable with the negativity and negative energy that gossip creates. Why do people want to buy into negative energy? What is that all about?

I am amazed that people have so much time to Gossip and speculate on a particular celebrity. Why not focus on oneself and what you want to bring into this world? It seems to take away from the time we could be spending to help resolve some of these immense problems locally and globally.

Last edited by hmh1108 on Wed 16 May 2012, 02:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Why do I need to edit my comment? What is wrong with my comment?)

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 14 May 2012, 17:34

wouldnt it be great if we could just accept each other for who we are, and realize that opinions are just our way of speculating issues based on our individual life experiences, that there really is no right or wrong, just perception which is our own right to voice. We really should never argue, but rather try to see a light or thought thru someone else's eyes and know that that is who they are as a person, a human being who has the same feelings as us.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 14 May 2012, 18:03

greenie for you deb! Thumbs up!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 14 May 2012, 18:19

................ and if someone would stop to consider George a God and then be disappointed and will consider only one man (handsome, socially committed, a fine actor) but basically a man with vices and virtues as all men! We can continue to love him, but why not also criticize but always loving him! What is the problem, this is life!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 14 May 2012, 19:00

IMO George Clooney has been placed on a pedestal so high it's a long way down. Sure he's admired and sometimes adored by his fans but I think we expect too much from him. He is after all just a man who puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us mere mortals and a human who can never be perfect.

I think we expect too much from him and the expectations are more than anyone can live up to, even George. And the more I can know about him the happier I am.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 May 2012, 00:18

I think one issue is that for many people George Clooney is a fantasy figure and not entirely a real human. As long as we don't look too deeply into his life or behaviour, we can keep going with that.

However, once we see past the surface gloss we find out that he's not necessarily the man of our dreams, then different people react in different ways.

Some move on.

Some decide that he's still a decent guy and for all his faults continue to be a fan of his.

Some decide that he's still the dream man for him and it's all his girlfriends' fault for 'bringing him down'. They then spend every day focusing intensely on the girlfriend du jour, nitpicking and fault finding. Not surprisingly, given that George dates normal women who aren't perfect, these fans then do find faults.

And a very few go into total denial and start inventing fantasies where George is still their dream man and is being forced to date these women against his will. That's the only reason they can come up with to explain why he doesn't meet their expectations as a dream man.

I've been a fan of his for so many years because I'm mostly fine with the way he is. I flip flop on the issue; for example, sometimes I'm exasperated by his behaviour and not impressed by the way he seems to think of women.

Other times, I find it almost endearing that he's so insecure that he can only be with women who present absolutely no challenge to him in any area at all. It's that human frailty that makes me smile.

lighterside wrote: How many people's lives would stand up to the scrutiny of George's fans?
Nobody's. Absolutely nobody.

That's because we all have failings, we all make mistakes, we are all a walking bundle of contradictions and inconsistencies, we all have bad days and we all misjudge situations.

I'm sure that to George everything he does and says has perfect reason and he would be absolutely mystified by a lot of the criticism he gets. For us looking in on his life from the outside and without the benefit of knowing what he's thinking, a lot of what he does doesn't make sense and even looks bad.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 15 May 2012, 00:28

So how can you say that G is insecure? Any proof?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Tue 15 May 2012, 00:29

playfuldeb wrote:wouldnt it be great if we could just accept each other for who we are, and realize that opinions are just our way of speculating issues based on our individual life experiences, that there really is no right or wrong, just perception which is our own right to voice. We really should never argue, but rather try to see a light or thought thru someone else's eyes and know that that is who they are as a person, a human being who has the same feelings as us.

Very beautifully stated playfuldeb. Food for thought as we go through everyday life - and certainly something I need to remind myself before I speak. Greenie!! Thumbs up!

I understand you adore George..

Yes, I do! In case anyone hadn't noticed. Hee.

But it's important to note that I certainly don't worship him, or think he can do no wrong. He's just a man whose halo was tarnished long ago, joining the rest of us mortals wallowing around in our human foibles. But in spite of the tarnish (or maybe because of it) I think he's a good man, and he's won my unabashed adoration. I'm attracted to him because I think he has a serious mind and a humanitarian heart; but I also love his carefree, fun-loving, and free spirit. And he's just so damn good looking. Feeling down? Look at a photo of George. Just sayin' Very Happy

Since I adore George, I just assumed that everyone else at COH did as well. But it's not anyone's problem other than my own that I had that unrealistic expectation when I joined. So...it's been a bit of an eye-opener to find out that's not the case, but life is filled with surprises. Shocked

I feel somewhat regretful about the fact that I posted my little rant in the wee hours last night. I so often tell myself to bite my tongue, because at the end of the day does any of this really matter? But the timing of Mizerello's post coincided with other non-George related issues that had been gnawing at me, so I dove in. I give Mizerello all credit for realizing she doesn't actually like George and bowing out. IMO, it's better to walk away than continue wasting one's time talking about someone you don't care for, or bashing them in public. Btw, that was not targeted towards anyone in particular. Just a general comment on all of the vitriol one finds in every corner of the internet. I never realized how hate-filled we seem to be as human beings. I guess people just need to vent their spleens. But I digress.

And there's nothing wrong with unicorns, rainbows and puppies either! LOL

Thanks lighterside. Now if only I could find some... Laughing Btw, I think your name says it all. I think I'll stick to the lighter side for a bit now.

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 May 2012, 00:30

Well said, Katie. Looking back at the interview with Julia Roberts pre Oscars via Oprah Winfrey, I was intrigued at the questions he was asking Julia, some quite personal, and clearly they'd been given cue cards with questions set for them, but they both came across as caring about each other, and I really don't know how much of it was normal chat Clever sleamless stuff.

We sometimes might need reminding that we're talking about an actor here!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 May 2012, 00:36

davidarochelle wrote:So how can you say that G is insecure? Any proof?
Apart from the fact that he's an actor, a profession notorious for attracting the deeply insecure who need the sound of applause to get through life? As already mentioned in my post: the fact that he can't date a woman who could possibly challenge him in any way whatsoever. Not intellectually, not career-wise.

This is consistent across his entire dating history. The only woman who did give him any sort of challenge at all found herself divorced within 18 months. Lest we forget, at the time of their marriage it was his wife who was thought to be the 'star' of the couple.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 15 May 2012, 00:56

And Kelly Preston wasn't the "star" of the couple, wasn't at the time they actually lived together a successful actress?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next