I forgot my password

Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

ORGASMS ARE GOOD FOR YOU

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ORGASMS ARE GOOD FOR YOU

Post by Joanna on Sun May 13 2012, 19:14

More here....just in case you didn't know !

http://style.uk.msn.com/sex-and-relationships/an-orgasm-a-day-keeps-the-doctor-away

Orgasms are good for you: the official stats

Couples who have regular sex are happier, healthier and more energetic than their less intimate counterparts.
Sex releases endorphins and a brain chemical called PEA - both make us feel light-hearted.
Levels of the hormone oxytocin rise by about 500% during sex - making us feel relaxed.
Regular, satisfying sex boosts the immune system. We have fewer colds, lustrous hair, clean, bright eyes, good muscle tone, great skin - and it does burn calories! Around 80 calories per intercourse session.
Good sex is a natural anti-depressant and there is evidence it helps us to live longer.
Orgasm boosts immunity, wards off colds and infections and sexually active people are less prone to depression and suicide.
Regular sex not only makes you look younger, orgasms could be life-extending because of the effects on the heart and immune system.
Sex is good for your body, your mental health and your relationship because it makes us feel connected to another person. And feeling loved and accepted and attractive is central to our happiness.
For her

According to University of Virginia researchers, orgasms boost levels of the female sex hormone oestrogen, which improves your mood. It also releases endorphins, the body's natural painkillers and depression fighters. Menstrual cramps and PMT disappear!
They bond you to your partner. Oxytocin, a hormone which promotes feelings of intimacy, jumps to five times its normal level during climax.
They help you sleep. Oxytocin also makes you feel sleepy. Men drift off two to five minutes after orgasm, women usually fall asleep 20-30 minutes later (hence the 'Why does he abandon me immediately after sex' question. Answer: it's biological!).
They make you less stressed. Twenty minutes of intercourse releases the lust-enhancing hormone dopamine, triggering a relaxation response which lasts up to two hours.
The quickest, most efficient way for a woman to orgasm is using a vibrator solo. UK research found 71% of a popular magazine's readers own one and, according to most sex therapists, they remain the most reliable source of orgasms for most women worldwide.
For him

A longer life: men who have two or more orgasms a week tend to live significantly longer than those who have only one or none.
Healthy hearts: men who have three or more orgasms a week are 50% less likely to die from heart failure or coronary heart disease.
Good health: having sex once or twice a week also fights off flu and other viruses by strengthening the immune system.

Tracey Cox
Tracey Cox is an international sex, relationship and body language expert. Check out her website at www.traceycox.com

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Re: ORGASMS ARE GOOD FOR YOU

Post by it's me on Sun May 13 2012, 19:20

interesting

thanks Smile

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Sun May 13 2012, 20:04

wonder if this was written by a company that makes condoms . . .

jk

playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sun May 13 2012, 21:13

LOL!

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sun May 13 2012, 21:19

More likely a vibrator salesperson !

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sun May 13 2012, 21:36

ROTFL !

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sun May 13 2012, 21:41

ooooOOOOooooo........enjoying yourself then I M ?? LOL

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sun May 13 2012, 21:44

yes

reading all of you Cool

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Sun May 13 2012, 21:59

I just came back from lunch at a Japanese restaurant. We had "Dim Sung." Sort of a Japanese appetizer array. Reminder to myself: Don't ever go there again. I didn't like it at all, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway my granddaughter Briana was on my computer, saw your topic "Orgasms Are Good For you." She was very interested and I had to tear her away. Now we're corrupting the mind of a minor. LOL

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sun May 13 2012, 22:25

Why do you think I'm here alot??? A George a day keeps the orgasms at play!!!! And you did notice the author's last name, didn't you???? COX

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sun May 13 2012, 22:27

Keep her away now then cindi....LOL

A Limerick for Mother's Day ??

'Doc, I took your advice,' said McKnop,
'And made the wife get on top,
Got her bouncing about,
But it kept falling out,
And the kids, much amused, made us stop.'

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Mon May 14 2012, 07:18

I knew a family named Cox, and they kept saying they were going to go into the candy business and make suckers. (they're like lollipops, in case out European friends dont know that name) Guess what they were going to call the suckers . . .

playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Mon May 14 2012, 11:14

Just can't imagine playful... Thumbs up! lol!

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Thu May 17 2012, 04:05

so does anyone know why women fall asleep afterwards and men are energized afterwards. Really not fair

playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Thu May 17 2012, 16:10

Deb, I read that as the opposite of what you just wrote.

"They bond you to your partner. Oxytocin, a hormone which promotes feelings of intimacy, jumps to five times its normal level during climax. They help you sleep. Oxytocin also makes you feel sleepy. Men drift off two to five minutes after orgasm, women usually fall asleep 20-30 minutes later (hence the 'Why does he abandon me immediately after sex' question. Answer: it's biological!).

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Thu May 17 2012, 16:32

I just love all the "stimulating" conversation here on COH! Makes my day much more 'pleasurable'! Thanks, gals!

Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 17 2012, 17:17

Joanna wrote:More here....just in case you didn't know !

http://style.uk.msn.com/sex-and-relationships/an-orgasm-a-day-keeps-the-doctor-away

Orgasms are good for you: the official stats

Couples who have regular sex are happier, healthier and more energetic than their less intimate counterparts.
Sex releases endorphins and a brain chemical called PEA - both make us feel light-hearted.
Levels of the hormone oxytocin rise by about 500% during sex - making us feel relaxed.
Regular, satisfying sex boosts the immune system. We have fewer colds, lustrous hair, clean, bright eyes, good muscle tone, great skin - and it does burn calories! Around 80 calories per intercourse session.
Good sex is a natural anti-depressant and there is evidence it helps us to live longer.
Orgasm boosts immunity, wards off colds and infections and sexually active people are less prone to depression and suicide.
Regular sex not only makes you look younger, orgasms could be life-extending because of the effects on the heart and immune system.
Sex is good for your body, your mental health and your relationship because it makes us feel connected to another person. And feeling loved and accepted and attractive is central to our happiness.
For her

According to University of Virginia researchers, orgasms boost levels of the female sex hormone oestrogen, which improves your mood. It also releases endorphins, the body's natural painkillers and depression fighters. Menstrual cramps and PMT disappear!
They bond you to your partner. Oxytocin, a hormone which promotes feelings of intimacy, jumps to five times its normal level during climax.
They help you sleep. Oxytocin also makes you feel sleepy. Men drift off two to five minutes after orgasm, women usually fall asleep 20-30 minutes later (hence the 'Why does he abandon me immediately after sex' question. Answer: it's biological!).
They make you less stressed. Twenty minutes of intercourse releases the lust-enhancing hormone dopamine, triggering a relaxation response which lasts up to two hours.
The quickest, most efficient way for a woman to orgasm is using a vibrator solo. UK research found 71% of a popular magazine's readers own one and, according to most sex therapists, they remain the most reliable source of orgasms for most women worldwide.
For him

A longer life: men who have two or more orgasms a week tend to live significantly longer than those who have only one or none.
Healthy hearts: men who have three or more orgasms a week are 50% less likely to die from heart failure or coronary heart disease.
Good health: having sex once or twice a week also fights off flu and other viruses by strengthening the immune system.

Tracey Cox
Tracey Cox is an international sex, relationship and body language expert. Check out her website at www.traceycox.com

Interesting article, Joanna....thanks for posting.

I liked the idea that Orgasm=Oxytocin release=Relaxation

I think there should be more studies and clairification with regards to the different types of orgasms, because women can orgasm from external stimulation as well as internal stimulation. Which is better? Is there a difference? Which results in the greatest oxytocin release? Hmmmm???? I wonder how they would conduct that study? How is the Oxytocin level measured and sampled? (Blood draw? Saliva testing?)

Also, let's not forget about all the poor single people out there. They might have orgasms, too, but not have a partner involved? What kind of Oxytocin release happens then? Is there a difference if you are alone or if you are coupled? Hmmmm??

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie on Sun May 20 2012, 22:00

Hmh, good thinking. They should be more specific as to what 'type' of orgasm is better for your health or do they just mean all orgams in general. Thumbs up!

Also, that just reminded me that I saw an article a couple of weeks ago talking about a woman who made $38,000+ per year as a paid sex toy reviewer. So how does one go about finding a job like that. I have...um...a 'friend' who is curious. Wink

MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Mon May 21 2012, 02:15

[quote="MyGirlKylie"]Hmh, good thinking. They should be more specific as to what 'type' of orgasm is better for your health or do they just mean all orgams in general. Thumbs up!

Also, that just reminded me that I saw an article a couple of weeks ago talking about a woman who made $38,000+ per year as a paid sex toy reviewer. So how does one go about finding a job like that. I have...um...a 'friend' who is curious. Wink [/quote]

try looking it up on craigslist! I hear you can find anything on there!

This might be a "secret" ad for the job! Outdoor GEAR reviewer! HA!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/wri/2969178165.html

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Mon May 21 2012, 05:35

make sure you keep doing your kegels so you get the ultimate and maximum orgasm. Wonder if intensity is in their studies

playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie on Mon May 21 2012, 13:34

LornaDoone wrote:try looking it up on craigslist! I hear you can find anything on there!

This might be a "secret" ad for the job! Outdoor GEAR reviewer! HA!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/wri/2969178165.html

LOL, Craigslist is like Walmart, you can find anything there. geek

MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Mon May 21 2012, 14:35

Not totally on topic, but did you know that the author of 50 Shades of Grey, EL James had written a serialized version of it in 2009 under the name Snowqueens Icedragon, called Master of the Universe. It's free online and essentially the same story. Uses different names for characters, but essentially it's pretty much word for word. After reading 50 Shades Trilogy (with all my own visuals), couldn't get my head around the names Edward Cullen and Isabella Swan (it even starts with pics of Rpatz and KStew) They so don't fit the visuals in my mind. Nothing Greek God or obsurdly handsome about RP. But if you don't want to spend the $$ on the books, The story is the same and I'm sure many would find it inspirational.

pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Mon May 21 2012, 14:42

pattygirl, can you provide the link?

Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Mon May 21 2012, 14:59

Here's the link:
http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=RTHUKGUX

Just read that Universal Pictures/Focus Pictures had acquired the book. Hope if they make it, they don't use RP, personally.
After you read, let me know if you think they could really make it into a feasible movie. I think they'd destroy the beauty of it.

pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Mon May 21 2012, 15:01

thanks, pattygirl!

Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Mon May 21 2012, 15:02

If RP fell off the face of the earth, I wouldn't miss him. KStew either. Neither one are my cuppatea!!!!!

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Mon May 21 2012, 15:15

I agree, mel. He creeps me out. Not a twilight fan, and neither one of them "fits the bill" regarding 50 Shades of Grey.
He's a heartthrob for teens and maybe early 20's. I've tried to picture others as Christian Grey and am having a lot of trouble. My visuals always seem to go back to GTC. I know he's too old for the part as CG is 27, but it's his face I see. Michael Fassbender might be good. It has to be someone tall and beautiful.

pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Mon May 21 2012, 15:32

How about that William guy on Dancing with the Stars? He's a Cuban heartthrob and not a bad dancer and has a terrific body (at least chest and arms!!) Are we maybe a little biased in the George department?? He IS our fantasy guy!! (at least for some of us!!!)

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Mon May 21 2012, 22:52

Yeah, Mel. George is it, has it all for me, anyway. I don't watch DWTS, so I don't know who you mean. I still think Fassy might do the trick.

Hey, Lakin, don't start to read it unless you have a very good span of time. It is engrossing, very engrossing.

pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Mon May 21 2012, 23:45

Ok pattigirl.....thanks for the warning. I'll heed your advice!

Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle on Tue May 22 2012, 00:21

Thanks pattigirl for the heads up. I downloaded the free version and am loving it. Fassy could really heat up the screen in that role. Reading

blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Tue May 22 2012, 01:35

If I was in my 20s, Zac Efron would do it for me.
Is growing up, from this:

to this:

playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Tue May 22 2012, 01:37

OMFE!!! Deb, you just flipped me over the edge! Buhbye George!!!!

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Wed May 23 2012, 23:54

pattygirl wrote:Here's the link:
http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=RTHUKGUX

Just read that Universal Pictures/Focus Pictures had acquired the book. Hope if they make it, they don't use RP, personally.
After you read, let me know if you think they could really make it into a feasible movie. I think they'd destroy the beauty of it.

pattygirl, I can't get the book to download, nor will it let me read it in the browser. Did you encounter problems accessing the file? I downloaded the epub reader, but so far, all I get is the title page and when I hit the forward arrow to turn the page, I get the last page that says, "The End". Got any idea what's wrong?

Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Thu May 24 2012, 04:05

Maybe it's a short story?

playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Thu May 24 2012, 11:21

playfuldeb wrote:Maybe it's a short story?

LOL That's an understatement - title page, then The End!

Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Thu May 24 2012, 12:31

Is it your firewall causing probs Lakin ?

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Thu May 24 2012, 12:53

Lakin, no, I'm sorry I can't help but I didn't have any problems.

Finished it yesterday, and it ends way before it should, so although it's still a good read it'll leave you up in the air. Glad I have the real thing.
While I was reading it, kept getting a dialogue box saying that it will not sync with the reader (every 2 pages). Also disconserting(sp) that as most of the dialogue is spoken, instead ot " " marks, the dialogue had ? ? . Found that very hard to process as well as the twilight character names. Messed up my visualizations big time.

An interesting personal observation - in 50 Shades, the male main character is Christian Trevalyan Grey - CTG. My constant visualization is George - GTC. Embarassed

pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Thu May 24 2012, 14:23

pattygirl wrote:Lakin, no, I'm sorry I can't help but I didn't have any problems.

Finished it yesterday, and it ends way before it should, so although it's still a good read it'll leave you up in the air. Glad I have the real thing.
While I was reading it, kept getting a dialogue box saying that it will not sync with the reader (every 2 pages). Also disconserting(sp) that as most of the dialogue is spoken, instead ot " " marks, the dialogue had ? ? . Found that very hard to process as well as the twilight character names. Messed up my visualizations big time.

An interesting personal observation - in 50 Shades, the male main character is Christian Trevalyan Grey - CTG. My constant visualization is George - GTC. Embarassed

Ok, well thanks anyway, pattygirl. I am a library supervisor and I did place an order for the trilogy. The second one is the only one that has come in so far and I don't want to start in the middle. Just have to wait for my book shipment....sigh. Saw on the evening news last night that it's still a hot read across the country and some public libraries are banning it. Boy, won't that make sales even hotter! Thanks again for your assistance!

Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie on Thu May 24 2012, 16:28

I had the same problems with the link, Lakin. I tried on the laptop and the ipad and still only got those two pages. Sad

MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle on Thu May 24 2012, 16:35

I am very computer challenged. Somehow I got the book. I went to the web site on my iPad. Somehow the book appeared. It asked if I wanted to download it to the iTunes library. I didn't know what to do so I said yes. The book appeared!!!! Can't be any more helpful because I really didn't know what I was doing.

blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Thu May 24 2012, 16:36

MyGirlKylie wrote:I had the same problems with the link, Lakin. I tried on the laptop and the ipad and still only got those two pages. Sad

I'm wondering if maybe they've somehow blocked access since it's such a hot seller now. When I try to download it, I get an error message and an access denied message. Just a guess, but I've tried everyway I know and followed all the help links on the site ever since pattygirl posted the link, but nothing has worked. Oh well......at least I know it's not just me!
I don't have an iPad, just a main computer and a laptop.

Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Thu May 24 2012, 16:38

Well, thanks anyway bluebelle! Glad you got it, girl!

Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Thu May 24 2012, 17:47

That book is probably causing the same controversies that
D H Lawrence's Lady Chatterly did here in UK....
in the 60's if I remember correctly lol!

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Thu May 24 2012, 23:42

I think Lady Chatterly's Lover was before the 60's. I remember reading it in high school, so that'd be between 50 & 54.

Only suggestion I can make to those who had trouble is to do what I did. I did a search of Snowqueens Icedragon, and then looked thru all the files till I got to the one that had the epub address. Clicked on that and went from there. Maybe that'll work.

pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 22:11

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum