I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Does George go "Churching" on Sundays?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does George go "Churching" on Sundays?

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 19:02

George grew up in an Irish Catholic home. Was wondering if he still practices this religion?

Back to top Go down

Re: Does George go "Churching" on Sundays?

Post by cindigirl on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 19:11

Welcome hmh to the forum. I love your avator of the cute doggie.

I may be wrong, but I read he's "agnostic" which to me means he doesn't go to church.
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 19:14

He has repeatedly said in interviews that Sundays generally are spent with The Boys - an early morning bike ride, basketball, massage and steam, then a movie in his screening room. He seems to be a creature of habit and this is Sunday's habit.
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 19:29

Although George had a Irish Catholic upbringing (including Catholic elementary school), he has been quoted that he is not sure that he even believes in God (agnostic tendencies), so I do not think that he would go to services during the week.
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 19:37

IMO, most single male adults don't practice religion or go to church, but
this doesn't mean that they are not believers.

Women are the most religion oriented ones, single or not.
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 19:50

MM wrote:Although George had a Irish Catholic upbringing (including Catholic elementary school), he has been quoted that he is not sure that he even believes in God (agnostic tendencies), so I do not think that he would go to services during the week.

That's interesting MM. Could be his strict Catholic upbringing by his parents was too overbearing. I know when he did the Kennedy tribute speech he said when he was a child when he did something bad he would jump off the top bunk bed onto pebbles to give himself punishment. It always seemed that this was a bit over the top.
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

George, the little Drama King

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 22:47

cindigirl wrote:
MM wrote:Although George had a Irish Catholic upbringing (including Catholic elementary school), he has been quoted that he is not sure that he even believes in God (agnostic tendencies), so I do not think that he would go to services during the week.

That's interesting MM. Could be his strict Catholic upbringing by his parents was too overbearing. I know when he did the Kennedy tribute speech he said when he was a child when he did something bad he would jump off the top bunk bed onto pebbles to give himself punishment. It always seemed that this was a bit over the top.

Cindigirl....thanks for sharing the story of George, the little drama King! king

.....Jump off the top bunk onto pebbles to give himself a punnishment..... Twisted Evil This makes me laugh! Talk about a little drama King! Not worthy How many pebbles were involved? Three? gotpics Truthfully, he probably enjoyed jumping off the top bunk, because it would scare the crap out of his parents!

I am thinking jumping off a large tree branch into a gigantic pile of fresh horse manure horsepoop is a more fitting punnishment for George. Any thoughts on that one?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 23:00

hi hmh1108 ! Hello!
you are really funny! Laughing

and your avatar is soooooo sweet!!!! I love you
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 23:21

hmh1108 wrote:.....Jump off the top bunk onto pebbles to give himself a punnishment..... Twisted Evil This makes me laugh! Talk about a little drama King! Not worthy How many pebbles were involved? Three? gotpics Truthfully, he probably enjoyed jumping off the top bunk, because it would scare the crap out of his parents!

Actually George mentioned that incident and Nina said to anyone who heard him jumping said "No, that's only George doing penance." He jokes around a lot on interviews and wonder if this is true. He'll do anything for a laugh.
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 01:26

cindigirl wrote:

Well, I went to Catholic school in southwestern Ohio at the same time George did, and I had an Italian-Catholic upbringing (where we religiously DID NOT eat meat on Fridays, prayed the rosary several times a week, and wore crosses/ religious medals around our necks, and read the St. Anthony's Messenger magazine), so I don't think the upbringing had anything to do with George's adult religious choices. I am a Christian, and I do go to church every week, plus I have read the BIble cover-to-cover. But, adult males who do not have young children typically do not go to services every week. Women do more religious-oriented activities because they have to teach children, theirs or other's children.
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 08:57

I don't think George adheres to any particular religion, and certainly doesn't speak openly on the subject seeing that one should always stay clear of religion and politics. But with his ever changing GF's, and the multitude of bed partners, it's not the best advert for a good Catholic boy!!!!! So I would say, bike riding on a Sunday is probably the nearest thing to Godliness!!!! Hello!
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 13:52

He'll do anything for a laugh. Very Happy

yep
I know...
WE ALL KNOW!
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 14:04

Well I'm waiting for his first attack on the Roman Catholic Church because of its idiotic views on birthcontrol.

History basically comes down to this : males fucking their brains out, 7 billion and still going and look at the state of this planet. Basketball

LINK
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Controversy on birth control

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 15:12

Atalante wrote:Well I'm waiting for his first attack on the Roman Catholic Church because of its idiotic views on birthcontrol.

History basically comes down to this : males fucking their brains out, 7 billion and still going and look at the state of this planet. Basketball

LINK

Atalante.....this is a very difficult topic for me. I do like the catholic religion and teachings, but, in my opinion, I feel that there is a boundary violation that comes up with when I am told how I should practice birth control.

I am one of six children from a catholic home. They faithfully practiced the Natural Family planning and had six children. They had 5 by the time they were 30 years old. This is hard for me to conceive especially when I think about how I was at 30 years of age. My parents struggled and did the best they could. Luckily, everyone in my family is alive and in good health. But, when I asked my mother if she could get a "do-over" with raising kids, she admitted 3 would be her max.

Big families made sense about 150 years ago. There were not enough medicines available at the time. Referencing my own family history, the parents at that time may had given birth to 7-8 children, but 2-3 ended up dying before reaching adulthood, due to influenza, tuberculosis, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by MM on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 15:26

True, that, hmh1108. People lived on farms, so, if they had 10-16 children (YIKES!!), they needed them to run the farm, plus everything was done by hand back, then, so more manpower was needed.

Also, life expectancy was lower, then. Older folks died of illness that can be prevented with modern medicine, and children died of preventable diseases.

But, in today's times, Duggar-sized, and Octomom-sized families are insane. If we all did that, the US would be another third-world country, with people starving in the streets.
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 15:34

hmh, even within the Catholic community we can find many different opinions and even tenets on sexuality, birth control, and abortion. Some areas have a more "forgiving" idea on these issues while others are very staunch in abiding with the more rigid concepts.

Don't know why this is being discussed in a George thread. Wouldn't this be better in Party in the Kitchen, either as it's own thread or in the monthly Chat thread?

I don't think George is very likely to "attack" the Catholic Church over birth control or any other subject. He is too smart to play Don Quixote and battle that windmill. He's even careful where he sticks his foot in political forums. He's been slammed more than once in that foray.

He has stated that he was brought up in a strict Irish Catholic home, was an altarboy, and did all the things he was supposed to at that time. He has also stated (not exact quote) that he isn't sure there is a God, and is an agnostic. Whether he really means that or is just a lapsed Catholic, is between him and his Maker. It's not really any of our business.
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 21:59

geek Well he did something funny with a mike on one of the red carpets, ..., I'm sure Katie and the rest can find that video. The Matrix
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 22:23

something funny ?
scratch
the usual benediction?
or... what?
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 22:53

Yeps, he can't help doing that, can he, it's like an automatism, his way of making fun of all those crazy stuff he experienced in church. afro
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 23:16

probably

great image
the automatism one
guess it works like that
with him
many times

What a Face
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 20 Apr 2012, 01:16

Atalante wrote: geek Well he did something funny with a mike on one of the red carpets, ..., I'm sure Katie and the rest can find that video. The Matrix

Exactly Atalante and that's why he probably isn't even allowed in church anymore!! Say wha? I get the full picture now!! Yeah Right

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy on Sun 20 May 2012, 02:01

hmh1108 wrote:
Atalante wrote: geek Well he did something funny with a mike on one of the red carpets, ..., I'm sure Katie and the rest can find that video. The Matrix

Exactly Atalante and that's why he probably isn't even allowed in church anymore!! Say wha? I get the full picture now!! Yeah Right

What did he do?
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM on Tue 22 May 2012, 20:22

I'm just dying to know !!!
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Tue 22 May 2012, 22:37

The Irish are the most catholic practitioners of Europe, in Italy, but almost all are Catholic practitioners (those who go to church every Sunday) are very few.
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM on Wed 23 May 2012, 00:30

lelacorb wrote:The Irish are the most catholic practitioners of Europe, in Italy, but almost all are Catholic practitioners (those who go to church every Sunday) are very few.

That is true, Lelacorb, especially for men, and for those persons that were born in the 1980's and beyond. I myself go to church every week.
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum