George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home.  LA May 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home.  LA May 2012 - Page 6 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home.  LA May 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home.  LA May 2012 - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home.  LA May 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home.  LA May 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home.  LA May 2012 - Page 6 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home.  LA May 2012 - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home.  LA May 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home. LA May 2012

+43
janieb
doris day
playfuldeb
LaProfessora
Merlin
Clooneygirl
tzizz
fava
socimar
bellybaby
adgran
EEOsandy
laetval
fluffy
davidarochelle
LyndaGirl
Vi
Michelle meyers
Joanna
Atalante
Maggy
Astras
watching
m4rose
MyGirlKylie
LornaDoone
Pari
bamboochacha
lucy
blubelle
The next mrs clooney
pattygirl
annemarie
MM
Lakin460
silly girl
party animal - not!
lelacorb
it's me
cindigirl
melbert
Katiedot
Duffy
47 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home.  LA May 2012 - Page 6 Empty Re: George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home. LA May 2012

Post by annemarie Sat 12 May 2012, 17:11

I don't get why she should blend in she is tall there is nothing she can do about that. Even in flats she is tall I don't think the president or guests cared how much taller she is. And it doesn't seem to bother George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home.  LA May 2012 - Page 6 Empty Re: George Clooney hosted Obama fundraiser at his home. LA May 2012

Post by Joanna Sat 12 May 2012, 17:23

Those casual pictures are lovely.
I think Stacy & George look just right together. She's dressed very suitably IMO and not gone OTT.

I've always envied taller women, clothes look better on them and if they put on weight it's not as obvious as on a shorter woman.

BTW I did notice in the infamous grocery shopping pictures that because Stacy was wearing casual flats, she was about the same height as George.
Just because Mother Nature made her a taller woman, she can hardly be denied the pleasure of wearing glamorous high heeled shoes IMO
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 12 May 2012, 17:35

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
this woman seems really friendly Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 12 May 2012, 18:19

LINK Inside information ???
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Sat 12 May 2012, 18:20

somebody read where obama slept after the dinner? he remained nearby because they played basket the morning after but where the president goes to sleep?im just curious

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 12 May 2012, 18:32

Wasn't it Beverly Hilton Hotel ?

Atalante that video is SO OLD !
Ocean's 13 not released ?

Wrong thread anyway LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sat 12 May 2012, 18:36

it's me wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
this woman seems really friendly Smile

She does, doesn't she? Very Happy George is super easy to talk to, and she looks as though she's having the time of her life. Great photos!
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Sat 12 May 2012, 22:37

annemarie wrote:I don't get why she should blend in she is tall there is nothing she can do about that. Even in flats she is tall I don't think the president or guests cared how much taller she is. And it doesn't seem to bother George.

The article I quoted from was making a point about the other people blending in with her, and my point was that she was the one that didn't blend....

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 13 May 2012, 00:07

Atalante wrote:LINK Inside information ???

Doug Dannger WHO?!?!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 13 May 2012, 00:09

picssss

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 13 May 2012, 00:47

Wonderful photos thank you everyone for posting them. It looks like they all enjoyed themselves.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 13 May 2012, 03:48

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 13 May 2012, 03:55

Geez Billy Crystal was kinda rude in the video. I have to agree with TMZ if you're there to support President Obama's re-election and he must be since he paid freakin 40k for himself and his wife, then why be rude to the media?

A couple of simple statements about how the dinner went would not have been inappropriate.

Maybe Billy's just getting too crabby in his old age! HA!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Sun 13 May 2012, 05:43

Wonderful pictures of wonderful night!! cheers
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Sun 13 May 2012, 06:10

LornaDoone wrote:Geez Billy Crystal was kinda rude in the video. I have to agree with TMZ if you're there to support President Obama's re-election and he must be since he paid freakin 40k for himself and his wife, then why be rude to the media?

A couple of simple statements about how the dinner went would not have been inappropriate.

Maybe Billy's just getting too crabby in his old age! HA!

I totally agree, LornaDoone. All he had to say was that he had a great time a bad time or something. Not be that rude. The camera man asked his question in a very polite way and was not intrusive. I have lost alot of respect for Billy Crystal. No
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 13 May 2012, 08:02

Local woman wins dinner at Hollywood fundraiser with Obama, George Clooney

Special to The Record
As a former Jacksonville Jaguars cheerleader, Karen Blutcher knows what it’s like to be in the limelight. But the St. Augustine resident said meeting the president of the United States, rubbing elbows with several movie stars and having her dinner prepared by world-famous chef Wolfgang Puck was “a once-in-a-lifetime thrill.”

Blutcher just got back from Los Angeles, where she attended a fundraiser dinner Thursday with President Barack Obama at film star George Clooney’s home. While most of her 150 dinner companions shelled out $40,000 for the opportunity to dine with the commander in chief, for Blutcher and her husband Patrick, all expenses were paid by the president’s re-election campaign committee.

“It was unbelievable,” she said. “I never would have believed it was something I’d ever get to do.”

It all started when Blutcher went online to donate to the president’s re-election campaign.

“They had a contest for contributors, sort of a raffle, with the prize being dinner with the president,” she said Saturday. “Of course, I never dreamed I’d actually get picked.”

Her contribution? $14.

“Yes, I’d say that’s a sizable return on my investment,” she said, laughing. “But I’ve been an Obama supporter since Day 1, and I wanted to help out the campaign. I wasn’t really thinking about winning.”

She likened it to winning the lottery.

“After you make your donation, they have a questionnaire where they ask you what you’d say to the president if you got to meet him,” she said. “I wrote that I’d thank him for having the courage to run, to serve his country and to make this a better country, a country that is inclusive for all people who work hard.”

Blutcher, who has a 5-year-old son with Down syndrome, said she’s passionate about the president’s work to reform health care. She also applauded the first lady’s focus on childhood obesity.

A University of Florida alum, she works as a communications coordinator for JEA, the not-for-profit, community-owned utility, and before that she worked for a youth nonprofit. She also served as a cheerleader for the Jacksonville Jaguars during the team’s first two years.

“I appreciate the president’s efforts to help those who are working hard to support their families,” she said. “And I’m proud that my own career has provided me the opportunity to help others.”

She said the dinner itself, featuring such entrees as roast duck, scallops, lamb and beef, sweet corn tortellini and artichoke salad, was “out of this world.”

“It’s funny, because I told Wolfgang Puck that I was really trying to count my calories,” she said. “He said, ‘Not tonight.’”

Meeting the president face to face was something she said she’ll never forget.

“First of all, he was so gracious,” she said. “He totally put us to ease, and thanked me for my support. It was a good thing, too, that he was so easy to talk with, because in my mind, I had been thinking, ‘What do you say to the president of the United States?’ But he was very relaxed, and it was like meeting a friend.”

She said that when she told him that her mother had a photograph of the president hanging on the wall that she had clipped from a magazine and framed, he told her he’d be replacing that with a photo taken of Blutcher standing with her new friend.

The 150-person event, held Thursday night, brought in $15 million, from both ticket prices — $40,000 per person — and donations of $3 or more that entered donors into a raffle to win tickets to the event, according to the Los Angeles Times. Tens of thousands of donors contributed an average of $23 in hopes of winning a ticket, the LA Times reported, raising almost $10 million for the campaign.

Blutcher said she was happily surprised that she was allowed to be so close to Obama, without a host of agents surrounding him.

“The Secret Service were there, of course, but it wasn’t like they were in your face,” she said. “I never felt overwhelmed by their presence.”

She said she also had a chance to talk to stars Clooney, Rob Reiner, Billy Crystal, Robert Downey, Jr., Toby McGuire, Selma Hayek and Barbra Streisand, among others.

“It’s funny, because they were all so accommodating when they found out we were winners of the raffle,” she said. “They treated us like we were the celebrities.”
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 13 May 2012, 10:37

What a lovely experience for that lady.
I bet she'll be on cloud 9 forever !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sun 13 May 2012, 14:27

Joanna wrote:Those casual pictures are lovely.
Just because Mother Nature made her a taller woman, she can hardly be denied the pleasure of wearing glamorous high heeled shoes IMO

When was the last time you knew mother nature to have anything to do with someones height???
If that was true.... I know alot of short women who would be standing in the rain for hours to gain some height... Very Happy (sorry I couldn't resist)...
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 13 May 2012, 21:21

clip from the French site

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 13 May 2012, 21:26

phys major wrote:
Joanna wrote:Those casual pictures are lovely.

When was the last time you knew mother nature to have anything to do with someones height???
If that was true.... I know alot of short women who would be standing in the rain for hours to gain some height... Very Happy (sorry I couldn't resist)...

Good one.... lol! and I'd be one of them !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LaProfessora Fri 18 May 2012, 13:02

Sorry for the lateness of my post, been out of town. I think Stacy looks nice in the pictures of this event. Poor George, he looks great but dwarfed by those around him, and he's 5'11!

laetval wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LaProfessora
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 20 May 2012, 13:29

Jon Lovitz To Hannity: Obama 'Hypocritical' For George Clooney Fundraiser (VIDEO)

It looks as though Jon Lovitz isn't through venting his frustrations with President Obama.

After the comedian called the President "a f*cking a**hole" for "saying the rich don't pay their taxes" on his "The ABCs of SNL" podcast last month, Lovitz appeared on Sean Hannity's Fox News program Thursday night to continue criticizing the President. This time, he took issue with Obama's recent fundraiser with George Clooney that raised $15 million for his campaign. Lovitz called the move "hypocritical" since the President has spoken out against our nation's richest Americans for not paying their fair share of taxes.

In a transcript highlighted by conservative blog Newsbusters, Lovitz draws a direct comparison between Obama's campaign fundraising and his stance on taxing the rich:

"What I find is he's hypocritical with saying the, you know, the one percent don't get us, and, you know, he's a multimillionaire now, you know, they're not paying their fair share of taxes, now I'm going over to George Clooney's house to get money from millionaires and billionaires, and he collected $15 million, and, you know, 'Wall Street are the bad guys, but now I have to go to a dinner with Wall Street people to get money for my campaign.'"

Lovitz told Fox News' Megyn Kelly earlier this week that his anti-Obama remarks have prompted a backlash in the form of people calling the Jewish comedian a Nazi on Twitter. However, he also tells Hannity that he has been offered book, TV and movie deals in the wake of his comments because "what I said was right." Watch the interview (the above passage occurs about 4:00 in) below.

Source
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 19 Sep 2012, 21:36

Beyonce and Jay-Z hosted a party last night apparently it was nicer than GC's Wink

From Vanity Fair:

Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s Obama Fund-raiser Seemingly Better Than George Clooney’s in at Least One Way
by Julie Miller

Last night at the 40/40 Club in New York, the sports club co-owned by Jay-Z, the hip-hop artist and wife Beyoncé hosted the president and approximately 100 guests for what we originally anticipated would be the candidate’s coolest campaign fund-raiser yet. While we cannot comment on whether this expectation was realized—because the White House press-pool report disappointingly fails to note whether the 40/40 Club’s catwalk, 18-foot-tall illuminated champagne tower, and custom pool tables were utilized—we can say that it was notably better than George Clooney’s May fund-raiser in one capacity.

Readers of the Hollywood Blog may remember how, following the Oscar winner’s $15 million gala at his home in L.A., the press pool cattily dismissed the event’s ambiance: “the tented setting on [Clooney’s] b’ball court was just so-so.” Triumphantly, Jay-Z and Beyoncé did not earn such middling reviews. Instead, the write-up matter-of-factly describes the couple’s sports-club affair as taking place in a “large, dark glassy room” filled with donors, who paid $40,000 each, wearing suits and dresses, and sitting on sofas. The reports continues, “Small tables of wine, champagne and finger food, including sliders, were in front of them.”
The president had a more effusive assessment of his hosts, with whom he is apparently on nickname basis:

Let me just begin by saying to Jay and Bey, thank you so much for your friendship. We are so grateful. Michelle and Malia and Sasha are mad at me because they are not here. (Laughter.) That doesn’t usually happen. Usually they’re like, we’re glad you’re going—we don’t need to go. But every time they get a chance to see these two they are thrilled, partly because they are just both so generous, particularly to my kids. And Malia and Sasha just love both of them.

Beyoncé couldn’t be a better role model for our daughters because she carries herself with such class and poise—(applause)—and has so much talent. And Jay-Z now knows what my life is like. (Laughter.) We both have daughters, and our wives are more popular than we are. (Laughter and applause.) So we’ve got a little bond there. (Laughter.) It’s hard, but it’s okay. It’s okay. (Laughter.)
Last night Obama also appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman, where he discussed the violence in Libya, Mitt Romney’s most recent damning tapes, and his weight (180 pounds.)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 20 Sep 2012, 00:59

silly girl wrote:Beyoncé couldn’t be a better role model for our daughters because she carries herself with such class and poise—(applause)—and has so much talent. And Jay-Z now knows what my life is like. (Laughter.) We both have daughters, and our wives are more popular than we are. (Laughter and applause.) So we’ve got a little bond there. (Laughter.) It’s hard, but it’s okay. It’s okay. (Laughter.)
and you don't think he said that about Stacy at George's party? hahahaha
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 03 Jan 2013, 12:28

Found on twitter:

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 03 Jan 2013, 12:38

.....and Stacy too !!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 03 Jan 2013, 12:52

old
if we look at the right arm
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 03 Jan 2013, 13:28

Great pic! Thanks SillyGirl. Don't think I ever saw it before!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 03 Jan 2013, 13:32

it's me wrote:old
if we look at the right arm

It was in May after George's fundraising party at his house.
Obviously the elbow support was for the game after his operation.

George being sensible.....Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 03 Jan 2013, 14:20

That's such a cool picture! Looks like they had a serious workout on the court.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 03 Jan 2013, 15:26

I LOVE this! Thanks for finding it and posting it silly girl! You find some really awesome things. Thanks!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 03 Jan 2013, 17:39

Great pic and great find! Thanks Silly Girl!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 03 Jan 2013, 17:59

Why release that picture now ???
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 03 Jan 2013, 20:20

I think they were released by the White House as part of an end of year photo retrospective.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 03 Jan 2013, 20:36

Thanks, Silly Girl!

Mr. Clooney must feel lost without his other half next to him.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 03 Jan 2013, 20:38

Have to admit it did seem odd that no other GFs or wives seemed to tag along. But...if it were me, I'd definitely have wanted to see this! Call me a hypocrite! I admit it!,
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 03 Jan 2013, 21:32

Fantastic find. Clever girl, silly girl!

Part of a retrospective of the year, but could it also be possible that GC will be invited to the Inauguration?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 03 Jan 2013, 22:42

Okay, this pic is part of Peter Souza collection of The Obamas Backstage 2012, issued by the White House today, according to the Washington Post.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 03 Jan 2013, 23:30

Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 04 Jan 2013, 15:18

OofOof wrote:Have to admit it did seem odd that no other GFs or wives seemed to tag along. But...if it were me, I'd definitely have wanted to see this! Call me a hypocrite! I admit it!,

You wouldn't be the only one there either Oof! hahahaha I'd be knocking down the Secret Service to watch the President playing basketball. They'd have to drag me out of there! LMAO
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Jan 2013, 15:22

watch Obama?
no
watch CLOONEY!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 Jan 2013, 01:31

I want to watch George AND The President AND Don!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 05 Jan 2013, 15:44

Oh Yes!

Do we know who the other people are? Souza's caption says they are GC's friends.

And am I right in thinking SK part-owned an LA fundraising basketball team?

Significant pic, I think

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sat 05 Jan 2013, 16:54

Yes PR Patty it shows just how disinterested in sk George is....very significant! !!! Sleep
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Jan 2013, 17:09

I wouldn't expect him to smooch with her after playing hoops
With POTUS ! Lol Lol Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sat 05 Jan 2013, 17:14

And the tag team comes into reply.....lol. so predictable! !!!!!!!!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 05 Jan 2013, 17:35

Forget about stacy I want to know who won the game???!!! Basket
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Jan 2013, 17:48

phys major wrote:And the tag team comes into reply.....lol. so predictable! !!!!!!!!!!

What does that mean ?
I've not heard that expression before confused
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Jan 2013, 17:51

LornaDoone wrote:Forget about stacy I want to know who won the game???!!! Basket

I think it'll be there in May 2011 ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 05 Jan 2013, 18:04

The match was in 2012 when George Housed fundraising for Obama and both won because they played together this ..... Obama said.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next