I forgot my password

Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Comparing George Clooney and Warren Beatty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Comparing George Clooney and Warren Beatty

Post by Katiedot on Sat Apr 07 2012, 18:13

This bit, from a longer article just posted, caught my eye. I know amongst fans George sometimes get compared to Warren Beatty because of his love life, but I never thought about comparing them in terms of actors. I like it, and I think it makes a change from the usual Cary Grant or Clark Gable comparisons.

What do you guys think? Does the comparison work for you?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney, movie star

By Niall Browne, Apr 6 2012 2:37PM

During this time Clooney also formed a close working relationship with the Coen brothers, starring in a trio of comedies: O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Intolerable Cruelty and Burn After Reading. Again, these films were a throwback to film history, with O Brother riffing on the work of director Preston Sturges, Cruelty being inspired by the screwball comedies of the 1930s and Burn owing a heavy debt to the paranoia political dramas of the 1970s – a period which appears to have inspired a cast amount of Clooney’s cinematic output. In fact, if there is one actor who Clooney could be compared to it’s Warren Beatty. Both stars have used their success in Hollywood to produce films that have more of a political bent, as well as pushing the boundaries of their commerciality to the extreme.

At the height of his success, Beatty pushed the likes of The Parallax View, Shampoo and Reds through production, cementing his reputation as one as one of Hollywood’s leading politicos. Likewise, Clooney has used his weight in Hollywood to help films like Three Kings and the Oscar winning Syriana and Good Night, and Good Luck reach screens.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Comparing George Clooney and Warren Beatty

Post by silly girl on Sat Apr 07 2012, 18:19

It is interesting although I feel WB seemed to drop the ball and not continue to push the envelope nor has he produced much recently. I think GTC will continue to advance his career better. At least I hope he continues with quality films that can also be entertaining. It is nice to see a different comparison....the old ones are getting, well, "old".

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat Apr 07 2012, 18:25

silly girl wrote:It is interesting although I feel WB seemed to drop the ball and not continue to push the envelope
I wonder why that is?

From the very little I've heard about him, he's also a smart man so I wonder why he seems to have lost interest.

I think George has a lot more drive and passion to keep on pushing things and making them happen. I can't see George ever stopping. Not the acting (no matter what he says) and certainly not the directing and producing.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Sat Apr 07 2012, 18:31

I think George has been compared to Warren Beatty a few times in reference to Beatty waiting so long to get married before Annette Benning "caught" him. Maybe George will follow in his footsteps. LOL

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat Apr 07 2012, 18:34

.... who knows.....

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Sat Apr 07 2012, 19:04

George has already been married Warren had never been married so that the comparison really doesn't work.

annemarie
Clooney Purist

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras on Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:03

Beatty is self-absorbed and egotistical - qualities one doesn't use when describing George. I think George's political activism based on deeply rooted concern for others, which is why he stays devoted to it. George is a more gracious human being, IMHO.

The thing about Warren Beatty is that when he was prowling around Hollywood as a bachelor, he was PROWLING. He had slept with *everyone*. Of course George is known for having several different GF's through the years, but he's not known as a horndog who nails every starlet who crosses his path. Very Happy

Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:46

I agree Astras. Warren never was a "turn on" for me. Liked the article though.

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Sat Apr 07 2012, 23:43

Use to be a fan of WB(in my younger years) George is much more likable. Warren, after becoming a dad just slowly stopped working.

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sun Apr 08 2012, 02:39

Yeah, he puts Annette to work!

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle on Sun Apr 08 2012, 19:40

It's interesting that Warren was always called a horndog. I didn't follow him but I don't remember any rumors of him being gay. G who has been married is sometimes rumored as being gay. Wonder why?

blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sun Apr 08 2012, 21:33

different time
maybe

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Mon Apr 09 2012, 00:20

IT's me , think you are right about that "different time", nowadays all the male stars are said to be gay at least once during their careers.

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 22:11

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum