George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event

+2
Katiedot
Joanna
6 posters

Go down

University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event Empty Re: University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event

Post by Joanna Fri 06 Apr 2012, 20:33

From the University of Southern Maine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

#BringClooney2ME

What: One focus of MeMUNC2012 is the plight of the Sudanese people. Despite South Sudan's successful bid for independence in 2011, violence in the region has not ceased. Fueled by ethnic tensions, clashes over the rights to water and natural resources are commonplace, as are border disputes and conflicts over the distribution of the vast oil wealth of South Sudan. This year, our International Criminal Court (ICC) will hold a mock trial of Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who is accused of crimes against humanity, genocide, and war crimes against his own people.

Who:
A vocal proponent of international aid for the Sudanese people is actor and advocate George Clooney. Propelling this issue into the national media spotlight, Mr. Clooney was recently arrested while protesting outside the Sudanese embassy in Washington DC. Here at MeMUNC, we hope to continue the momentum started by Mr. Clooney, and raise awareness of this problem throughout New England!

How: We are reaching out to Mr. Clooney in an attempt to bring him to Maine to speak before the hundreds of future-leaders in attendance at MeMUNC. Friends and supporters of our program can aid our efforts by following our social media campaign and by declaring with one loud voice that we want to #BringClooney2ME!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event Empty University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event

Post by Katiedot Fri 06 Apr 2012, 20:41

Joanna wrote:It has a serious message. This video is now part of the tweet.
Worth watching.....

.....from the video information on you tube.

Uploaded by bringclooney2me on Apr 5, 2012

Actor George Clooney is an activist who is working for peace and an end to the genocide and atrocities that are being committed in Sudan. This year's Maine Model United Nations Conference (MeMUNC) will address Sudanese leader al Bashir's crimes against humanity. MeMUNC participants are high school and middle school students from Maine and New England. We are trying to get George Clooney to come speak to our students about this issue; it is a cause he believes strongly in and his presence will be very educational for our students.

For more information, visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Education is Peacekeeping by another name." - Kofi Annan

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event Empty Re: University of Southern Maine trying to get George Clooney to join MeMUNC event

Post by Joanna Fri 06 Apr 2012, 22:11

Thanks Katie for tidying up !

You can put your feet up now Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 06 Apr 2012, 22:16

Maine and New England?

they are brave
to ask
but he needs to focus
on a limited rage of things

maybe
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 06 Apr 2012, 23:20

I was active in Model UN at UCLA. We flew to New York to participate in a college student mock UN forum. Really learned how difficult it was to get anything accomplished. Perhaps G could skype a message to these students. Would focus attention on the issue.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 06 Apr 2012, 23:26

hmmm
interesting idea.... Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 07 Apr 2012, 15:31

George, pack your bag and get your sexy ass to Maine! This is a perfect platform for you! What you could tell them and what you could learn from them would be wonderful!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 09 Apr 2012, 02:09

I agree with Melbert.
These kids could learn so much from George.
Help these kids light up a flame in their heart in helping the less fortunate.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 09 Apr 2012, 09:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

they are brave!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down