I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion? Seems so

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion? Seems so

Post by Katiedot on Thu Apr 05 2012, 08:24

Please, no!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Style Comeback: The Hawaiian Shirt

March 30, 2012 ● by Julie Gerstein

The updated Hawaiian shirt.
Sure, George Clooney wore them in his recent Oscar-nominated flick “The Descendants,” but should we really be heralding the return of the Hawaiian shirt?

We thought these had gone the way of suburban dads and Parrotheads, but it seems that the cheeky, brightly patterned shirts are enjoying a bit of a renaissance. This time, though, the Hawaiian has a bit of an updated feel — like this one from Monitaly — and its patterns are more tribal chic than island goof. As such, we’ll give them a guarded recommendation. Just don’t pair with a pina colada, and you should be fine.

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu Apr 05 2012, 19:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : amended title - you'd think I'd be able to spell Clooney, wouldn't you?)

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion? Seems so

Post by Joanna on Thu Apr 05 2012, 10:30

lol! lol! lol!

Don't think we'll see many of those here in UK with
our weird weather lately.
Hot & sunny last week.....snow and cold winds this week !

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion? Seems so

Post by it's me on Thu Apr 05 2012, 12:52

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

it's not so bad!

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Thu Apr 05 2012, 15:54

Oh my God in Heaven, that print is horrendous. Maybe it'll catch on with the teens. I'll have to notice when I'm at the New Jersey beaches this summer.

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Thu Apr 05 2012, 16:59

Oh come on , the Hawaiian shirt will always be in fashion for someone, there are some really pretty ones , not overly bright and loud, made of a nice silk. IMO GTC as a dad in high waisted pants and Haw shirt looked better than any dads I know!

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Thu Apr 05 2012, 17:21

lucy wrote:IMO GTC as a dad in high waisted pants and Haw shirt looked better than any dads I know!

Well, truth be told, George would look good in a knapsack tied with a silk ribbon. LOL

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Thu Apr 05 2012, 18:28

cindigirl wrote:Oh my God in Heaven, that print is horrendous. Maybe it'll catch on with the teens. I'll have to notice when I'm at the New Jersey beaches this summer.

Don't forget us then..... gotpics

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Thu Apr 05 2012, 18:35

I really don't think that outrageous print will "catch on" with teens. They're more into t-shirts with vulgar sayings on them.

The true Hawaiian shirt is really nice. They are rich and vibrant without being garish. The prints can be floral, or sea inspired. The fabrics are generally cotton but are beautifully done in silk, too.

They do look best when worn outside the trousers.

pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Thu Apr 05 2012, 18:52

cindigirl wrote:
lucy wrote:IMO GTC as a dad in high waisted pants and Haw shirt looked better than any dads I know!

Well, truth be told, George would look good in a knapsack tied with a silk ribbon. LOL

An even truer truth to tell is George would look good in nothing at all! Yahooooo

Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Thu Apr 05 2012, 19:15

Lakin460 wrote:An even truer truth to tell is George would look good in nothing at all! Yahooooo

I can't disagree with that but I think I like him better with clothes on. Embarassed

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 on Thu Apr 05 2012, 19:45

cindigirl wrote:
Lakin460 wrote:An even truer truth to tell is George would look good in nothing at all! Yahooooo

I can't disagree with that but I think I like him better with clothes on. Embarassed

LOL Well, to each their own! Frankly, I'll take him anyway I can get him, nekkid or dressed! super cool

Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu Apr 05 2012, 20:38

Razz SURE!!!!!!!!!!!

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable on Thu Apr 05 2012, 21:20

When I went to Hawaii in 2004, my husband and son bought two matching shirts in Hawaii. Black silk with yellow blossoms on them. Those looked gorgeous.

NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Fri Apr 06 2012, 10:35

You know what's really funny? Trying to find pictures of George in a Hawaiian shirt. Most of the stills from the film have him in a t-shirt or in floral shorts.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Fri Apr 06 2012, 11:10

When I went on vacation in Hawaii, my husband has bought three shirts all stained with palms, flowers and turtles on the beach Wahikiki I seemed to be fine with those shirts but if he dares to wear in Milan .... I swear I'll kill him!!

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Fri Apr 06 2012, 11:20

Katiedot wrote:You know what's really funny? Trying to find pictures of George in a Hawaiian shirt. Most of the stills from the film have him in a t-shirt or in floral shorts.

There're some of him in the car with Shaileene in a blue patterned shirt and also when they go to look over the bay that he owns, I think !

CRS again

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sat Apr 07 2012, 15:40

It doesn't matter what he wears, he looks GOOD! When my mom and brother went to Hawaii - no they didn't even ASK me if I wanted to go - my mom bought several dresses (again, only for herself!!!) and my brother bought several shirts. They were all very stylish and beautiful. I think that George had more of a problem with the high waisted grandpa pants than he did with the Hawaiian shirts.

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 09:47

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum