George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
The Descendants - Page 15 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Descendants - Page 15 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
The Descendants - Page 15 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Descendants - Page 15 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Descendants - Page 15 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The Descendants - Page 15 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
The Descendants - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
The Descendants - Page 15 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
The Descendants - Page 15 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Descendants

+62
Mazy
theminis
MM
janieb
George CantStandYa
Lakin460
caudata
lelacorb
Astras
EEOsandy
silly girl
_kelsey_
Duffy
alriv
Maggy
doris day
davidarochelle
premiere
madsky
Missa
Joanna
socimar
Casey
sandeepmanral
Aruna
Pari
zizi
Anja
lolo"layla"
dakota007
Cinderella
sadDonkey
sarah ali
macs
MyGirlKylie
pattygirl
hathaross
Natascha
playfuldeb
LornaDoone
bunny
Clooney
Stonehenge who?
bellybaby
Atalante
sandwiches
fluffy
cindigirl
laetval
watching
Tigerina
Katiedot
it's me
Henway
PigLove
sisieq
Vi
lucy
Dexterdidit
blubelle
melbert
Merlin
66 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

The Descendants - Page 15 Empty Re: The Descendants

Post by Merlin Wed 08 Feb 2012, 07:22

How George Clooney Forfeited His Masculinity and Other Revelations
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From Last Night’s The Descendants Q&A
by Julie Miller 3:00 PM, FEBRUARY 7 2012

Alexander Payne and George Clooney at last night's event.
“If you couldn’t hear the question,” George Clooney translated for the crowd at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood last night, following one particularly muffled query, “he said how much younger I look up close.” Such was the tone at the awards-season event for The Descendants, where assorted Academy voters, cinephiles, and Clooney fans watched a screening of the Oscar-nominated drama (it’s up for best picture, directing, actor, editing, and adapted screenplay) and quizzed the actor and the film’s director and co-writer, Alexander Payne, during a panel discussion afterward. Highlights from the quip-filled question-and-answer session—during which Payne and Clooney dispensed some behind-the-scenes trivia about the film, shared a tender moment with an audience member, and delighted in the art of self-deprecating humor—below.
Casting the Unknown

Alexander Payne described how he cast Amara Miller, who had never acted before playing the role of George Clooney’s youngest onscreen daughter, Scottie, in The Descendants, just a few weeks before production:

Payne: A casting director had probably seen about 300 girls for that part. They were all over-rehearsed by their parents. . . . Finally, we were two and a half weeks away from shooting and I had a few girls that I could make work but wasn’t really excited about, and I happened to be speaking to my second-unit cinematographer, whose wife asked me how it was going. I said, Fine, but we don’t have the girl. She called a friend that night, who called another friend, who called another friend, who called a sister, who has a daughter called Amara in California. That was a Saturday. By Wednesday, in my e-mail inbox I had the audition from Amara, and I said, There she is. It’s not about acting in this case. It’s that she was very comfortable with being herself—so comfortable that I correctly predicted that she would be bulletproof through the lights and the cameras and the takes and [points to Clooney]. Well, she didn’t know who you were, so . . .

Clooney: I explained very quickly. What do you mean you don’t know who the two-time Sexiest Man Alive is?

Moderator: What was it like working with her?

Clooney: [Deadpans] I didn’t care for her.

The Kid Who Crossed Clooney

While explaining how easy it was to work with Miller and Shailene Woodley (who plays Clooney’s older daughter in the film), the Oscar nominee recalled one junior thespian who annoyed him back in his television days: “I remember doing a scene on E.R. with a kid. It was a tough scene. A big scene. And the kid turns to me and says, ‘I don’t rehearse.’” I said, ‘Listen, you little shit. When you’re the adult and I’m guest-starring on your fucking show, I’ll rehearse for you.’”

Practicing for Parenthood

Asked whether he brought home a few of his friends’ kids to practice playing a father, Clooney quipped, “Not for research,” before quickly clarifying, “to clean the house!”

Lake Como Cinema 101

After telling the audience about how profoundly important To Kill a Mockingbird was to him growing up, Clooney shared the following anecdote: “I remember the night that Gregory Peck died. I was in Italy with a bunch of my friends’ kids at my house. I said, “O.K., everybody get in the screening room. We’re going to a watch a movie, To Kill a Mockingbird. The minute it came on, all these little kids were [groans], ‘We don’t want to watch it if it’s in black and white.’ I said, ‘Shut the fuck up.’ It was great, though, because after about 15 minutes, they got the rhythm of [the movie], and by the end, they didn’t want the movie to end. They were scared of Boo Radley. They were caught up in the story. It’s such a compliment to the idea that storytelling really does work.”

Star Stride

Asked about that Descendants scene where Clooney runs—in the most unattractive manner possible while wearing non-running shoes—for his life, the actor replied: “You mean, when did I give up all masculinity? I put on the boat shoes and did the first run downhill. I thought I’d slap around a little and thought it would be funny. Alexander really liked it, which was unfortunate. We ended up doing that about 40 more times from different angles. All those things are just choices you make.”

Make-a-Wish Moment

A nervous-sounding woman in the audience interrupted the Q&A session to thank Clooney and Payne for telling such a realistic story that rang particularly true to her, considering that she had spent a year of her life in a coma. (Clooney’s onscreen wife spends the duration of The Descendants on life support.) The woman explained that she had been bed-ridden for seven years because of a rare blood disorder that paralyzed her from the neck down, and had moved to Hollywood to make a documentary about her service dog. She also revealed that she had requested a meeting with Clooney as a “make-a-wish” years ago. After formally welcoming her to the city and thanking her for sharing her story, the actor made a beeline for the woman immediately after the panel wrapped to hug her and pet her service dog.

That March of the Penguins Kicker

When asked why he chose to close The Descendants with Clooney’s family watching March of the Penguins, as opposed to another film or television show, Payne conceded that “it’s quite embarrassing, but one of the assistant editors just slapped it on there and sent it to [the picture editor] and myself and we just thought we’d get to that later. It just stayed in the movie and stayed in the movie. . . . We finally tried a few other films, but nothing fit as well.”

Finally, About Those Ukuleles . . .

“What’s this I hear about you trying to bribe Academy members with ukuleles?” an audience member asked Payne, in reference to the petit Descendants-emblazoned instruments that Fox Searchlight sent to select members of press. “That would have come from the studio,” Payne responded diplomatically, “some of whom are here tonight.”

See also: Photographs of George Clooney and other leading men as they’ve appeared in Vanity Fair.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 08 Feb 2012, 10:38

The Kid Who Crossed Clooney

While explaining how easy it was to work with Miller and Shailene Woodley (who plays Clooney’s older daughter in the film), the Oscar nominee recalled one junior thespian who annoyed him back in his television days:
“I remember doing a scene on E.R. with a kid. It was a tough scene. A big scene. And the kid turns to me and says, ‘I don’t rehearse.’”
I said, ‘Listen, you little shit. When you’re the adult and I’m guest-starring on your fucking show, I’ll rehearse for you.’”

Lake Como Cinema 101

After telling the audience about how profoundly important To Kill a Mockingbird was to him growing up, Clooney shared the following anecdote: “I remember the night that Gregory Peck died. I was in Italy with a bunch of my friends’ kids at my house.
I said, “O.K., everybody get in the screening room. We’re going to a watch a movie,
To Kill a Mockingbird.
The minute it came on, all these little kids were [groans], ‘We don’t want to watch it if it’s in black and white.’
I said, ‘Shut the fuck up.’ It was great, though, because after about 15 minutes, they got the rhythm of [the movie], and by the end, they didn’t want the movie to end. They were scared of Boo Radley. They were caught up in the story. It’s such a compliment to the idea that storytelling really does work.”

Thanks Merlin for that really good article. I love these two stories in particular.
To Kill a Mocking Bird had an influence on me as a youngster and I still love the film and the book.
There are some glimpses of the "real" George Clooney in the whole of that article and his integrity and warmth towards others come through. Give Flowers

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 08 Feb 2012, 13:00

Apologies if this was posted before, but I found it interesting today.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 08 Feb 2012, 13:06

Another one here too

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 08 Feb 2012, 13:09

Found this today too. As I said, apologies if they're already here somewhere.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 08 Feb 2012, 13:22

Thnks, Joanna. Don't remember seeing it before. As usual, great stuff. Very Happy
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 08 Feb 2012, 13:35

Alexander Payne named filmmaker of the year

Alexander Payne is nominated for best director for The Descendants, starring George Clooney

Continue reading the main story
Film Awards 2012

The Descendants director Alexander Payne has been named filmmaker of the year by the American Cinema Editors (ACE).

Payne was praised by ACE's board of directors as "a consistently fresh, exciting voice in film".

The Oscar winner will receive his prize at a ceremony honouring film and TV editors on 18 February.

The Descendants is also nominated for best edited dramatic feature film at the awards.

It will compete against The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Hugo, Moneyball and War Horse.

The film recently won a Golden Globe for best dramatic feature and has been nominated for five Oscars including best picture, director, adapted screenplay, film editor and best actor for George Clooney.

Payne previously won an Oscar and Bafta for best adapted screenplay for Sideways in 2005.

"We are delighted to recognise him with our most distinguished honour," ACE said in a statement.

"From the socially conscious and satirical Citizen Ruth to the rich and poignant comedies of Sideways, About Schmidt and most recently The Descendants, he is a filmmaker with unique vision and the ability to illuminate the humanity in every story he tells."
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 08 Feb 2012, 14:42

Does anyone know if a video is available for last night's Q&A at the Egyptian Theater? I looked for it and didn't see any.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 08 Feb 2012, 15:04

I've looked too cindi. So far zilch !
Maybe later on ?

We're getting overload again Yahooooo
I can't keep up
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 08 Feb 2012, 15:08

Overload Joanna? Don't know what you mean.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 08 Feb 2012, 15:15

"Oh yes you do" ! lol!

Now you have to reply "Oh no I don't" in good
Pantomime Tradition !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 08 Feb 2012, 15:18

George overload? No such thing. drool3
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 08 Feb 2012, 15:23

No GTC in this one but the author and Alex Payne in Hawaii

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 10 Feb 2012, 04:49

Okay, Joanna. You asked for the address for the
NY Times Talks interview with George and Alexander Payne. Here's the website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:06

Thanks pattygirl. It's a great Q&A to listen to.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 10 Feb 2012, 16:12

I thought so, Jo.

Funny side story - I was watching it on my computer when originally being streamed. The audio was weird. It kept giving me everything in sort of an echo, or stutter. Drove me crazy and I was straining to understand what was being said. Had hoped they would clear it up at the first breakaway, but came back the same way. Watched this way for about 30 minutes. Got so pissed, I decided to shut it down.
Clicked on the "X" to close it. When I closed it, low and behold I found that I had it also in another window and that was what was causing to echo. Because I was watching it in full screen, I couldn't see the tabs for the other windows. I felt like such an ass. Watched the rest of it, enjoyed it a lot. Yesteday, I sat and watched it again and enjoyed it very, very much.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 10 Feb 2012, 19:23

I had that happen when watching George's CBS House Tour....the sound kept going in a loop no matter what other site I was on !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 11 Feb 2012, 00:46

lol!
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 11 Feb 2012, 21:14

Wasn't sure where to put this....I like Shailene:

Now here's some interesting "sibling" rivalry.

Last week, George Clooney cracked everybody up when he joked that he'd love to adopt his The Descendants costar—and onscreen daughter—Shailene Woodley as his real-life daughter because she "has a big career ahead and can support me." (Freeloader!)

But when we caught up with Woodley yesterday at New York Fashion Week, we discovered that the buzzworthy ingénue has other family plans for Clooney…

PICS: Fashion Week Fall 2012—Runway Rundown

"George would be an awesome big brother," Woodley told us at the Jason Wu show copresented by Fiji Water. "I'd like to adopt him as my big brother, I think! My surrogate big brother."

What sealed the deal? "He has a great dog named Einstein—I like his dog," she mused, clearly enamored of the pooch.

So what would we expect to see in their imaginary household as adoptive bro and sis?

"Eat organic!" Woodley says of their meals. After all, the star cops to being a conscientious consumer. "I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan, but I only eat organic food, non-GMO [genetically modified organisms] and meats from farms that I trust."

MORE: Kellan Lutz Is Fashion Week's Prettiest Poster Boy

Looks like Clooney could learn a few healthy tips from her!

But Woodley admits that she picked up some tips of her own from Clooney on the set of The Descendants.

"He's hilarious!" she raves. "You know what I learned? I learned his wit. And I think I'm gonna take some more improv classes because he's so quick with his responses and can crack up a room of the hardest people in the entire world. He's incredible."

Can we all just adopt Clooney as our big brother already?

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 11 Feb 2012, 22:13

big brother?

brahahahahaha!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 11 Feb 2012, 22:41

She loves Einstein, too! Sweeet! I wonder where she saw him. I guess George had them over to the house. Yay! Smile
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 11 Feb 2012, 23:59

hope a great day
today Very Happy
for George Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 02:17

I'm trying to remember if we saw any pics of Einstein in Hawaii while he was filming? Or did he (and Eli) adopt him after filming? I think the first "official" pic was on the boat dock.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:06

The Descendants STILL in the Top 10!!!! and $65 million+!!!

1. The Vow, $41.7 million
2. Safe House, $39.3 million
3. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, $27.6 million
4. Star Wars: Episode 1—The Phantom Menace, $23 million
5. Chronicle, $12.3 million
6. The Woman in Black, $10.3 million
7. The Grey, $5.1 million
8. Big Miracle, $3.9 million
9. The Descendants, $3.5 million
10. Underworld Awakening, $2.5 million

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:12

Yay!!!!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 21:20

molto bene!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 18 Feb 2012, 14:07

I saw it
yesterday

but not alone
and my emotions
didn't fly free

I was thinking
a lot of things

one was about
training

as
people can experience a training
about what we
hopefully NOT
could live
for real,
at some point

the loss
the gestures
controlling emotions

the whole thing

plus
I was thinking about him

what were his thoughts
at the time?

acting can put you in the strangest of akward situations

'living' experiences
for real
but for a determinate period of time

reversing them all
at the end

BUT

what will last
of them
afterthat?

(btw
the Italian title
is good, after seeing the film)

also:
Italian people is not so sober
when loosing
family members

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:02

A couple more prizes for The Descendants:

From Deadline Hollywood
‘The Descendants’ Writers Win Scripter Award

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Saturday February 18, 2012

The Descendants screenwriters Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon, and Jim Rash won the USC Libraries Scripter Award tonight. It honors “the screenwriter/s of the year’s most accomplished cinematic adaptation as well as the author/s of the written work upon which the screenplay is based.” The winners used as source material Kaui Hart Hemmings’ novel The Descendants and her short story “The Minor Wars”. Nominees wrote Moneyball, Jane Eyre, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and A Dangerous Method. The awards dinner tonight included Paul Haggis receiving the 2012 USC Scripter Literary Achievement Award.

Also from
Deadline Hollywood

62nd Ace Eddie Awards: ‘The Descendants’, ‘The Artist’, ‘Rango’; TV ‘Breaking Bad’, ‘Homeland’, ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’

By NIKKI FINKE | Saturday February 18, 2012
Beverly Hills, February 18 – “The Descendants,” (edited by Kevin Tent, A.C.E.) and “The Artist” (edited by Anne-Sophie Bion & Michel Hazanavicius) won Best Edited Feature Film (Drama) and Best Edited Feature Film (Comedy or Musical) respectively at the 62nd Annual ACE Eddie Awards tonight where trophies were handed out in nine (9) categories of film, television and documentaries. The black-tie ceremony was held in the International Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton Hotel with over 1,000 in attendance to celebrate the year’s best editing. “Rango” (edited by Craig Wood, A.C.E.) won Best Edited Animated Feature Film and “Freedom Riders” (edited by Lewis Erskine & Aljernon Tunsil ) won Best Edited Documentary.

Television winners included ”Curb Your Enthusiasm – Palestinian Chicken” (edited by Steven Rasch, A.C.E.) for Best Edited Half-Hour Series for Television, “Breaking Bad – Face Off” (edited by Skip MacDonald) for Best Edited One-Hour Series for Commercial television, “Homeland – Pilot” (edited by Jordan Goldman and David Latham) for Best Edited One-Hour Series for Non-Commercial Television, “Cinema Verite” (edited by Sarah Flack, A.C.E. and Robert Pulcini) for Best Edited Miniseries or Motion Picture for Television, and “Anthony Bourdain – No Reservations Haiti” (edited by Eric Lasby) for Best Edited Reality Series.

The Student Editing Competition winner was Eric Kench of Video Symphony who beat out hundreds of competitors from film schools and universities around the country. Esteemed film editor Anne V. Coates, A.C.E. presented the ACE Eddie Award to the winner.

Alexander Payne received the ACE Golden Eddie Filmmaker of the Year honor presented to him by Reese Witherspoon and his editor on “The Descendants” and several other past projects, Kevin Tent, A.C.E.. Lifetime Career Achievement Awards went to industry veterans Joel Cox, A.C.E. and Doug Ibold, A.C.E. presented by industry luminaries Clint Eastwood and Dick Wolf respectively. Their careers were highlighted with clip reels and praise from friends and colleagues during the affair. The evening was presided over by ACE President Randy Roberts, A.C.E. Serving as Master of Ceremonies was actor and comedian Patton Oswalt. This was a repeat performance for Oswalt who hosted the ACE Eddies once before.

Other presenters included an all-star line up including Laurie Holden from the hit AMC series “The Walking Dead,” actor Kyle Chandler (“Friday Night Lights,” “Super 8”), Erika Christensen (“Parenthood”), Robert Forster and Matthew Lillard (“The Descendants”), Penelope Ann Miller and Missi Pyle (“The Artist”), Donald Faison (“The Exes”), Hannah Simone (“New Girl”), Jonathan Silverman and Jennifer Finnigan (“Better With You”). Special guests included Judy Greer from “The Descendants,” there to support her director Alexander Payne.

WINNERS FOR 62nd ANNUAL ACE EDDIE AWARDS
BEST EDITED FEATURE FILM (DRAMATIC):
The Descendants
Kevin Tent, A.C.E.

BEST EDITED FEATURE FILM (COMEDY OR MUSICAL):
The Artist
Anne-Sophie Bion & Michel Hazanavicius

BEST EDITED ANIMATED FEATURE FILM:
Rango
Craig Wood, A.C.E.

BEST EDITED HALF-HOUR SERIES FOR TELEVISION:
Curb Your Enthusiasm: “Palestinian Chicken”
Steven Rasch, A.C.E.

BEST EDITED ONE-HOUR SERIES FOR COMMERCIAL TELEVISION:
Breaking Bad: “Face Off”
Skip MacDonald

BEST EDITED ONE-HOUR SERIES FOR NON-COMMERCIAL TELEVISION:
Homeland: “Pilot”
Jordan Goldman & David Latham

BEST EDITED MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE FOR TELEVISION:
Cinema Verite
Sarah Flack, A.C.E. & Robert Pulcini

BEST EDITED DOCUMENTARY: Freedom Riders
Lewis Erskine & Aljernon Tunsil

BEST EDITED REALITY SERIES:
Anthony Bourdain – No Reservations: “Haiti”
Eric Lasby

STUDENT COMPETITION
Eric Kench – Video Symphony

AMERICAN CINEMA EDITORS (ACE) is an honorary society of motion picture editors founded in 1950. Film editors are voted into membership on the basis of their professional achievements, their dedication to the education of others and their commitment to the craft of editing. The objectives and purposes of the AMERICAN CINEMA EDITORS are to advance the art and science of the editing profession; to increase the entertainment value of motion pictures by attaining artistic pre-eminence and scientific achievement in the creative art of editing; to bring into close alliance those editors who desire to advance the prestige and dignity of the editing profession.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:29

good!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:47

Yay Alexander!! And Kevin!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:58

Maggy wrote:
The sweet is not sweet without the sour.

It's Me wrote on another thread....

"this sour term
makes me think, dunno why
to TD
which in Italy was named
Paradiso amaro (bitter paradise)
I was thinking 'what an horrible name'
but
wt.....
it's even not enough sour!
you can get
really strong feelings
from that film
I assure you!!!
and about Love
I guess we could talk about it
for ages
without getting the point
the best is
to live it"

I just wanted to say that the Italian title of the film
is totally misleading isn't it ?
How would they be able to change the name like that ?
Isn't it an insult to the author of the book ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:02

No, they quite often change titles of films in foreign languages. Usually it's because the translation of the English title doesn't work so well but could also be because they feel a different title would be more appealing and thereby sell more tickets.

I have to agree with the Italians: I think 'Bitter Paradise' sounds better than 'The Descendants'.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:40

But the story is about Matt King's descendants and the land issue.
The family story runs along side of it IMO

Bitter Paradise sounds like a Mills & Boon book to me lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 21 Feb 2012, 00:24

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

so sad
soo sweet I love you
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 00:11

Independent Spirit Awards winners:

BEST SUPPORTING FEMALE
Jessica Chastain Take Shelter
Anjelica Huston 50/50
Janet McTeer Albert Nobbs
Harmony Santana Gun Hill Road
Shailene Woodley The Descendants-- winner

BEST SCREENPLAY
Joseph Cedar Footnote
Michel Hazanavicius The Artist
Tom McCarthy Win Win
Mike Mills Beginners
Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon, Jim Rash The Descendants--winner

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 00:33

mapppporcavacca!!!! Yahooooo
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 26 Feb 2012, 00:49

You beat me SillyGirl!! Thanks for posting!

YAY Shailene and Alexander!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Fri 02 Mar 2012, 17:57

Top 10 picks for hotel room movies in Feb.

He was, after all, the star of "Up in the Air.'' It would appear that there are a lot of George Clooney fans on the road these days, as his latest film "The Descendants'' was No. 1 on LodgeNet's list of most popular hotel pay-per-view rentals for February. LodgeNet provides in-room entertainment services in 1.6 million rooms for major chains such as Marriott, Hilton and Holiday Inn properties.

Here is the entire list (with thanks to USA Today's Hotel Check-in blog for point us to this.):

1. The Descendants

2. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt.1

3. Jack and Jill

4. Tower Heist

5. We Bought a Zoo

6. War Horse

7. Young Adult

8. Immortals

9. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

10. The Sitter
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 02 Mar 2012, 18:10

I'm anxious for The Descendents to be released on DVD which is supposed to be out on March 13th. TD is still playing in my local movie house, although Hugo is already out on DVD. I think they're milking it.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:31

Thanks for the release update on DVD, can't wait to see it for second time. How many times have you seen it cindigirl, you greedy wench?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 06 Mar 2012, 20:21

lucy wrote:Thanks for the release update on DVD, can't wait to see it for second time. How many times have you seen it cindigirl, you greedy wench?

I've seen it three (3) times over a month ago. It's STILL playing in my local theater. OK theater managers, it's time to change the billboard. The Artist is still playing there too, although Hugo film has been out on DVD for a week now. Impatiently waiting for Descendents DVD release on the 13th.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 07 Mar 2012, 02:05

I've got mine on order and it best be at my house by Friday or Saturday so I can watch it (for the FIRST time) over the weekend - just me and George in Hawaii!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Fri 09 Mar 2012, 17:50

I couldn't post the video, but there's a cute one here.

March 9, 2012

'The Descendants' DVD extra: George Clooney breaks silence... wind, too -- EXCLUSIVE

by Jeff Labrecque

In The Descendants, George Clooney played a solemn lawyer who finds out that his comatose wife had been having an affair before her tragic watersport accident. But even an Academy Award nomination for playing a cuckold who is forced to reconnect with his two daughters while mourning couldn’t alter his reputation as a merry prankster. Clooney is notorious for the artful gotcha, and his tomfoolery knows no bounds — he once razzed a 90-year-old Walter Cronkite with a gag that ended with the late newsman jumping in a lake.

Working with youngsters on The Descendants only seemed to bring out his inner jester. In “Everybody Loves George,” one of the extras on the film’s DVD and Blu-ray (available Tuesday, March 13), his young co-stars describe his childish pleasure in iPhone-generated flatulence. In an airplane cabin full of extras, Clooney let rip a torrent of toots with a special app that had everyone wondering if their leading man had eaten some bad poi. “Everybody in the front is kind of looking around at each other,” says co-star Shailene Woodley. “They’re trying not to laugh because they don’t want to get in trouble.” Take a look at an exclusive clip of the DVD extra. It doesn’t stink.

EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 10 Mar 2012, 12:10

Laird Hamilton in action.... He plays Troy in The Descendants

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 10 Mar 2012, 13:55

Dayam!!!!!!! I might have to cheat on George with that fine specimen!!! He should have been in The Perfect Storm!!! He could have swooped in on those waves and scooped up George and Mark and John and saved them all!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 10 Mar 2012, 14:05

He's here... just for you mel !

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 10 Mar 2012, 14:36

Thank you so very much - got me a surfer dude!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 11 Mar 2012, 13:28

If you see TD in the cinema you'll see more of him....
as well as a Lovely Big George on the screen !

Hope you see it soon melbert Sofa bounce
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 11 Mar 2012, 16:32

I just may go today!! I'm starving for popcorn, George and now Laird!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 11 Mar 2012, 16:50

I saw it at the cinema earlier this week and I think I must be the only person here who wasn't that amazed by the film.

I don't know what it was, it just didn't grab me.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next