George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts

+4
melbert
party animal - not!
it's me
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts Empty George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts

Post by Katiedot Tue 03 Apr 2012, 05:13

Whinge as we might about his love life, there's no denying this man has put a lot of good into this world. I think they've missed out some of his European charitable work such as Ein Herz Fuer Kinder and the one in Rome for motorbike ambulances?

Thanks Henway for this link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Charity biography

George Clooney seems to have one of the most charitable hearts in Hollywood, and, alongside his current mission to stop the human rights atrocities in the Darfur region of Sudan, he focuses much of his energy on helping those suffering from poverty.

Clooney famously founded Not On Our Watch with his Ocean’s 11 co-stars Don Cheadle, Matt Damon, and Brad Pitt, and producer Jerry Weintraub. The organization’s main goal is to stop the genocide occurring in Sudan. Clooney has visited the area personally, and spoken with victims of rape and torture. His charity has donated millions of dollars to help those suffering in the region, with much of the funding going through the United Nations World Food Programme.

The Ocean’s 13 leading man offered his company at the movie’s première and private after-party for an auction supporting Realizing the Dream. This non-profit seeks to continue the legacy and work of Dr. and Mrs. King in wiping out poverty and injustice.

Clooney has been known to give generous donations to homeless people, is a supporter of Bono’s poverty-fighting ONE Campaign, and is also on the Board of Trustees for the United Way.

George donated $25,000 to writers during the 2007 strike.

Clooney took part in the America: A Tribute to Heroes charity telethon for victims of 9/11.

Clooney visited the Nuba Mountains with ENOUGH Project to document atrocities of the Sudanese government on its own people, and testified about it before the US Senate Committee, days before getting arrested at the Sudanese embassy in DC in a peaceful protest.

Charities & foundations supported (24)

George Clooney has supported the following charities:

21st Century Leaders
American Foundation for AIDS Research
Ante Up For Africa
CARE
Casey Lee Ball Foundation
Cinema For Peace
Clothes Off Our Back
ENOUGH Project
Feeding America
International Rescue Committee
Make Poverty History
Not On Our Watch
ONE
Campaign
Oxfam
Partners in Health
Realizing the Dream
Red Cross
Rock For Darfur
Satellite Sentinel Project
Save the Children
UNICEF
United Way
Whatever It Takes
World Food Programme
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts Empty Re: George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts

Post by it's me Tue 03 Apr 2012, 18:38

he is... fabulous Very Happy

no? Love4

surely the list is
incomplete
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts Empty Re: George Clooney's biography in charitable and humanitarian acts

Post by party animal - not! Tue 03 Apr 2012, 18:54

Haiti telethon?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 03 Apr 2012, 18:56

America: A Tribute to Heroes ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 04 Apr 2012, 02:07

WOW! Impressive...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 04 Apr 2012, 15:18

Clooney took part in the America: A Tribute to Heroes charity telethon for victims of 9/11.

It was a telethon held after the 9/11 tragedy to raise money for the families of the victims of 9/11. When over 3000 innocent people were killed on Sept. 11 by terrorists, their families were not only mentally devistated, but financially incapasitied (sic). Most of those killed were "innocent bystanders" if you will, but a large number were firefighters and policemen who went into the fray to try to rescue whomever they could. Many of those killed were just "bones" when all were done. A fair number have never been identified by remains and their families still wait.
A personal friend of my husband's son was one of those for a long time. When they finally found a single bone, they held a funeral and coffin burial. They have since found 3 more bones (at separate times) and each time, they have had the coffin dug up and held another ceremony. For all of these families, there definitely no closure. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop.
I live on a relatively small island, only 26 sq. mi. in size. We are part of NYC and most of our residents are employed in Manhattan. We had over 1500 personal tragedies at the World Trade Center in NY.
That is what it was all about and I didn't think that anyone in the civilized world wasn't aware of it.

Sorry if I sermonized, but it hit close to home and I don't think there is anyone in the US who was not effected by it.

I would also like to say that while I spoke mostly about NYC, among those Heroes were also those in the Pentagon who died and those courageous passengers the planes, especially those who fought the terrorists on board the plane destined for the White House which they forced down in a field in PA. Remember all those plane passengers had to know they were going to die and cause death to thousands.

pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 04 Apr 2012, 15:33

I don't think there are many people in the NY/NJ area who did not personally know someone affected by this tragedy. I remember this day - I was home from work and I taped the second Twin Tower go down live. It didn't seem real at the time. Just a bad horror movie.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Wed 04 Apr 2012, 19:39

Everyone on internet message boards who gives George a hard time for his work in Sudan should read this list. He has been there for many, many people in need, not only Darfur. (This is in response to those misguided souls who enjoy blasting George for not supporting "Americans" in need). He truly is a generous soul. I love you
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 04 Apr 2012, 20:30

Those misguided souls who criticize George's charity choices are the same people who never put their hand in their pocket and donate. They feel they don't have to, those with deep pockets should be the ones as they "can afford it". Those jerks feel a kind of guilt because they'd rather spend their extra money for their own pleasure, instead of donating to a good cause, even a part of it. Soooo, they attack George and others like him.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 06 Jan 2014, 10:57

I agree Patty

- so we can take this as they start and add whenever we find something, new or old

Thumbs up! 

(hi Cindy  I love you )
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 07 Jan 2014, 05:37

As someone who was born, raised and lived most of my life; in NYC this is a difficult memory. As with many of you the stories that you could tell...
Thanks be to God for people like George.

Besides all this George helped with hurricane Katrina and donated of his own money $1,000,000.00. That's putting your money where your mouth is.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 07 Jan 2014, 05:42

Another year end accolade.

FUN FACTS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT GEORGE CLOONEY
By: Lesley Hebert
Published: December 25, 2013

Voted the sexiest man alive by People Magazine twice, in 1997 and 2006, George Clooney became a strikingly attractive 51-year-old in May, 2012.

Performing runs in George’s family. His mother, Nina Bruce, was a beauty queen, his father Nick Clooney was a TV newscaster and talk show host, and he is the nephew of both José Ferrer and Rosemary Clooney. His childhood ambition was to be a professional baseball player; he tried out unsuccessfully for a position on the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. When he was a struggling young actor, George lived in a friend’s closet in Los Angeles.

George Clooney is the sixth actor to play Batman. He also boasts a list of remarkable failed auditions and rejected roles. He failed to get the role of Mr. Blonde/Vic Vega in “Reservoir Dogs,” and that of Reed Richards in “Fantastic Four.” He auditioned five times for the role of J.D. in “Thelma & Louise” which brought stardom to Brad Pitt. Roles he has turned down include Sgt. John McLoughlin in “World Trade Center,” the starring role in “Jack Frost,” which went to Michael Keaton, and two roles which went to Kevin Kline: Artemus Gordon in “Wild Wild West” and Guy Noir in “A Prairie Home Companion.”

Clooney was married to actress Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993, and after their divorce he said that he would never marry again, or have children. Michelle Pfeiffer and Nicole Kidman each bet him $10,000 that he would be a father before he turned 40. They each sent him a check when it turned out they were wrong, and George returned the money, betting double or nothing that he would not have children by age 50. It seems that he has won that bet, too.

The Las Vegas Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum features a Marrying George Clooney photo-op.
For eighteen years, George had a pet Vietnamese potbellied pig named Max, who weighed about 300 pounds. Max was often a cameo feature in George’s interviews, and even flew on John Travolta’s private jet.

George’s favorite song is “Destination Moon” by Dinah Washington, and his favorite novel is “War and Peace.”

Because George loves the T.V. show “South Park,” he asked series creator Trey Parker for a part. Trey gave him the role of Sparky, the gay dog, which mostly involved panting and yelping.

George has survived several debilitating illnesses. In middle school he contracted Bell’s Palsy, and was nicknamed “Frankenstein” by his schoolmates because of the facial paralysis caused by the disease. He has suffered bleeding stomach ulcers and takes medication for stomach pain. During a visit to Darfur in 2006 he suffered from weight loss and exhaustion, and feared that he had contracted malaria, but the symptoms were actually due to blood poisoning. He subsequently did contract malaria in the Sudan, but since recovered from this potentially life-threatening disease.

Forbes Magazine estimated that George Clooney earned $25 million in 2007, and he certainly enjoys an affluent lifestyle. For several months of the year he lives in a palatial 15-room Italian villa overlooking Lake Como, which boasts a wine cellar, a garage containing a collection of Piaggio motorbikes, and a pier where he docks a Colombo classic powerboat

Clooney is generous with his wealth. He supports 24 charities primarily focusing on human rights and poverty, both in the United States and around the world.  These include the American Foundation for AIDS Research, Oxfam, UNICEF, the United Way, the World Food Program, and Realizing the Dream which seeks to continue the work of Dr. Martin Luther King. He has raised funds for victims of the 2004 Tsunami, 9/11, and the Haiti earthquake, and is a United Nations Messenger of Peace.

He has worked ceaselessly to stop genocide in the Darfur region of Sudan. In 2006, he urged the United Nations Security Council to take action, and pleaded with Chinese and Egyptian officials to use their influence stop the violence. He has also testified before the US Senate Committee, and in 2012, he and his father were arrested during a peaceful protest outside the Sudanese embassy in Washington, DC.

Clooney supported President Barack Obama’s 2012 election campaign by hosting a star-studded fundraiser for 150 people in May 2012, which has been touted as the biggest presidential campaign fund raiser in history, with expectations of raising $6-$12 million.

However, when asked if his political involvement might result in his running for office, Clooney’s answer was “No. I’ve slept with too many women, I’ve done too many drugs, and I’ve been to too many parties.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 07 Jan 2014, 09:31

they said blood poisoning
wasn't it food one?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 07 Jan 2014, 21:16

it's me wrote:they said blood poisoning
wasn't it food one?

He got 'food poisoning' when he was at a restaurant in Italy with Stacy,
This he got blood poisoning in Darfur then he got Malaria.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 07 Jan 2014, 21:40

well
they said he got it later
anyway
we will never know for sure
I think
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down