George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
'ER' to be made available for global adaptations EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
'ER' to be made available for global adaptations EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
'ER' to be made available for global adaptations EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
'ER' to be made available for global adaptations EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
'ER' to be made available for global adaptations EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
'ER' to be made available for global adaptations EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
'ER' to be made available for global adaptations EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
'ER' to be made available for global adaptations EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
'ER' to be made available for global adaptations EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

'ER' to be made available for global adaptations

+7
Lakin460
Atalante
Joanna
it's me
Astras
melbert
Katiedot
11 posters

Go down

'ER' to be made available for global adaptations Empty 'ER' to be made available for global adaptations

Post by Katiedot Fri 30 Mar 2012, 19:10

Thanks to the good folks at the ER Fan forum (http://www.fanforum.com/f54/) for this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

'ER' to be made available for global adaptations

Published Wednesday, Mar 28 2012, 23:01 BST | By Tom Eames

The long-running NBC medical drama is currently aired across 50 countries around the world, in both English language and dubbed versions.

The series is now going to be offered globally for potential international versions at the MipTV event in Cannes next week.

"ER is one of the most successful, long-running, highly rated and recognisable television programmes ever created and remains in syndication around the world, so we are confident that a wide variety of territories will want to produce their own local version of the show," said WBITVP's senior vice-president of sales Andrew Zein.

Created by Michael Crichton, the drama ran for 15 seasons from 1994-2009, airing 331 episodes. It helped start the careers of the likes of George Clooney, Laura Innes, Goran Visnjic and Julianna Margulies.

Former ER actor Eriq La Salle recently signed up for CBS pilot Widow Detective.

Once we get over the whole "Nooooooo! It's perfect! No one should be allowed to remake it" gut reaction (or was that just me?) I'm starting to imagine a whole bunch of scenarios where they could take this.

Anyone want to do some creative imagining of how ER filmed in, say Nepal, would be like? What if they brought back the old characters but located them on an island in the South Pacific? Or hey, a cruise ship? Then they could combine the grittiness of ER with the cheesiness of the Love Boat (don't tell me you never saw that, I know you did)!

Or how about they set it in some war zone so they combine the genius of MASH with the genius of ER?

Ok, I'm getting carried away with myself . . . over to you
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

'ER' to be made available for global adaptations Empty Re: 'ER' to be made available for global adaptations

Post by melbert Fri 30 Mar 2012, 20:28

Like your thinking Katie!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

'ER' to be made available for global adaptations Empty Re: 'ER' to be made available for global adaptations

Post by Astras Fri 30 Mar 2012, 21:16

The idea of a MASH/ER hybrid is very intriguing. I would watch that! Both shows are on my all time favorites list, and the idea of MASH updated from the Korean War to a more modern military trauma hospital could be interesting.
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 30 Mar 2012, 21:36

ER is one of the most successful, long-running, highly rated and recognisable television programmes ever created

Yahooooo
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 30 Mar 2012, 21:50

I don't know...perfection is difficult to repeat and both ER & MASH were perfect and all the Original players totally irreplaceable IMO.

Now, a parody of them both....maybe could work ???

Last edited by Joanna on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 21:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional txt)
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 30 Mar 2012, 22:59

Euh, I've never watched ER. I justed watched a piece of the episode with Rosemary Clooney in it and at that time I wasn't even aware of the existence of her nephew let alone he was in it. Spliff
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 31 Mar 2012, 00:34

Goodness Atalante, she was in 3 episodes if my memory is correct, all early on. You've definitely missed out if you have never seen any other episodes. I didn't watch it just for George. I had a crush on Noah and Anthony too. Excellent program!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 00:42

Coming late to the party myself, I've never seen ER either, but would like to . Is it possible to order the episdoes on DVD or see them online somewhere? I've looked online, but haven't been successful so far.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 31 Mar 2012, 00:47

I would check with your library...mine has all the seasons on DVD....that way you can see what it is all about before you buy them.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 31 Mar 2012, 00:48

I've got some videos you could have Lakin.

Check out ER website series 1-5 I think....have a good search on that site anyway....You'll be hooked !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sat 31 Mar 2012, 00:52

Lakin460 wrote:Coming late to the party myself, I've never seen ER either, but would like to . Is it possible to order the episdoes on DVD or see them online somewhere? I've looked online, but haven't been successful so far.

You can buy them at Amazon - new and used.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can also buy them (by season or individually) to stream live over your computer. That's what I did. If you have the Netflix DVD service you can get them there as well, although Nexflix does not have them available to stream. Pffffttt. Also, you can buy and download via iTunes! Great series! One of my all time favorites, although I have to sheepishly admit that it has only been recently that I have come to fully appreciate Dr. Ross. What was I thinking all those years? Hint: *I used to think he was too good looking and rebellious.*

Edit to add that if you don't want to purchase an entire season, may I recommend without hesitation, that you watch "Hell and High Water" from season 2 - the episode that made George Clooney a STAR; and "Fathers and Sons" from season 4. There are some other great eps as well, but these give you lots of George and are seen as milestones in the series. And season 5 G Doug Ross is just flat out drop dead sexy. Okay. Done now. Very Happy
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 01:04

Gee, guys....THANKS!!!! What a great resource you all are! i'm ON IT!!!!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 31 Mar 2012, 01:25

and you will thoroughly enjoy every single moment Lakin!!! I promise you that!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 01:34

I've already checked out the ER website and looked at photos of Dr. Ross. GAWD he was hot! How did he ever escape my radar back then?
Can not WAIT to actually watch the shows.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:46

I didn't watch it either, Lakin. Maybe I'll look into it someday. Get the DVD's or something. God willing I'll get to see that handsome young face someday. - But, to be honest, I'm pretty stuck on the George of today! With maturity he's hot! cheers
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:02

he's younger in Er sure, but he's not that young
it's pretty much the birth of modern day George ; )
Plus it's a historical testimony to the appearance and rise of those white hairs...
he's good, so is the show. Really worth getting the Dvd for anybody who hasn't seen it yet
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 31 Mar 2012, 14:05

I watched the show from day 1 and I STILL got the DVDs!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 31 Mar 2012, 23:49

One of the best series ever for me!!! Very Happy I´m going to be nurse because the show inspired me a lot! I have the DVDs too.

I recommend to everybody, so if you can see it, do it! Very Happy It´s the mother of medical series as Grey´s Anatomy, House,...

I dont like the idea of new versions of ER... I mean, I´m curious, but I cant see to Doug, Carol, Carter, Mark,... with other faces..
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 01 Apr 2012, 00:22

I don't think they would use the same characters....I saw some Law & Order's Uk and the only thing that seemed the same was the music and the format....the characters were different ....kind of like the Office here has different characters than the original.....it should be interesting to see how ER is presented in different countries....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down