Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Serious Side
Today at 15:06 by annemarie

» Surbicon wrap party Friday night....4.12.16
Today at 08:11 by Sevens

» December 2016 Chit Chat
Today at 01:06 by Donnamarie

» George to visit Yerevan April 2017 for Aurora Prize 2.12.16
Sat Dec 03 2016, 03:12 by melbert

» Clooney's baby?
Fri Dec 02 2016, 16:51 by amaretti

» November 2016 Chit Chat
Wed Nov 30 2016, 15:49 by ladybugcngc

» Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16
Tue Nov 29 2016, 21:35 by carolhathaway

» George and the stylist from Esquire UK article January 2014
Tue Nov 29 2016, 17:42 by Joanna

» Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sun Nov 27 2016, 03:58 by ladybugcngc

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Katiedot on Sun Mar 25 2012, 07:45

In the pictures of George in Mexico, Lucy asked a great question, so I thought I'd start a new thread for it here:

lucy wrote:IF what some imply George does this for PR because he is no longer interesting to???????.What would/could change it all, hook-up with an intelligent woman of lets say 35 years old+, someone who all of us could approve of, and stay with her, happily,content, now this may sound boring but it would be different and all would take notice.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by it's me on Sun Mar 25 2012, 09:21

nothing

and also million of little things

I mean the difference would be immediately
seen in really spontaneous and natural behaviours
once being in a real
'normal' relationship
(the inverted commas are needed bec his actual... status)

then all would be
real
natural
spontaneous

not needing efforts
of any sort
(except obviously care for privacy)

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by lelacorb on Sun Mar 25 2012, 09:37

I do not understand this relationship George has with Stac, or George's with her to combat loneliness or really do not want you to think he's gay. George is a good actor but does not pretend to know in real life, Stacy behaves as if it were a paid hostess, follows him on vacation, especially on the red carpet and stand him, perhaps because it earns a reputation! (I would never put up with jokes Stacy on him if I had been in a relationship with him) ...... but all this makes me sad!

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by sadDonkey on Sun Mar 25 2012, 11:06

"What would make you think better of him?"

When he stops introducing and presenting his bedmates to the public.
If he wants PR then he should focus on his humanitarian work than on this "girlfriend" mess.
But he can try as hard as he wants, I am done with him anyway.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 767
Join date : 2011-09-13
Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Katiedot on Sun Mar 25 2012, 12:07

I agree with Lucy, if he dated someone more . . . let's say presentable for want of a better word . . . then he'd get much better press.

I also think a more presentable girlfriend would get him just as much press coverage (if that's what he's after) as when he dates these young flipperty jibbits.

Dammit, if he could just manage to look at least a little happy when out with his girlfriend it would go a long way for me, no matter who she is or what she does for a living. But Stacy is now the fourth girlfriend in a row where he's looked mostly glum when out and about so I guess I have to assume that's just the way he is.

I'm sorry to see George go the way of other celebs in selling out his life, even thought this has been going on since at least Sarah Larson's time if not Lisa Snowdon's so it's not something new. It just seems to be getting more obvious as the years go by. Not sure if that's because I've seen it too often or whether the pap shots are just more open than they used to be.

There are other A listers (Johnny Depp, and Leo DiCaprio come to mind) who don't seem to need to do all this posing for the paps. If George had a girlfriend and kept her under wraps then it might be better - although I seem to remember in the early days with Stacy he got slammed for not taking her out in public.

Maybe he doesn't take himself seriously enough and thinks he needs this attention to keep his name up there in the A list? Sure, he's possibly not quite as talented as Depp or DiCaprio, but he's certainly got the gravitas and stature to be considered an equal to them in the world of film.

Sadly, he seems to see himself more on a par with Brad Pitt (once known for just being a pretty boy, now taken seriously as an actor too) and is following his celebrity road of staged pap shots etc.


Last edited by Katiedot on Sun Mar 25 2012, 12:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because that's not how you spell flipperty jibbit)

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by lelacorb on Sun Mar 25 2012, 12:47

George ....... and if it were simply a man incapable of love? I can only wish him to fall in Love (no matter who!) I think for the life of a man is more important than winning an OSCAR!

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by barla on Sun Mar 25 2012, 13:08

IMO it feels that during these latest relationships the woman is an accessory, not too essential!! and this feeling was very strong throughout his relationship with SK .. whichever way you look at it, we can see it is inevitable that many gossip sites and industry critics have regarded with much suspicion this one..... even now almost no one believes him. why? I disagree with you, Katie, but for me the relationship with EC , according to the way george is, seemed more true, however, the characteristic were the most interesting ... And why in the middle of a love relationship, releasing an interview where he claims to feel alone and that the most painful experience of his life was to try to have back a woman and can not do it (KA? EC? ), without adding to feel good now or something else....
I do not want to think then of those sites already posting as odd that there is randy gerber alone with him, by some considered his true companion .....instead SK only a beard.....

barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 408
Join date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by annemarie on Sun Mar 25 2012, 13:29

I don't think badly of George he is a grown man; who chooses to date the women he dates and he does not need my or anyone else's approval. If people believe it's pr fine I'm not one of them. He seems to me to date the women he is around , is it serious probably not does it have to be no not to me . I think Stacy is a nice young woman no rocket scientist but she must have something George likes so good for him. They are probably friends with benefits it happens if thats what they both agree to no problem. When and if George is ready I believe he will settle down with one woman

I can remember when he wasn't dating anyone publicly it was said , he was gay or hiding the women he dated. Now when he brings women out who some call unsuitable he couldn't possible care for her or it's for pr, or he is gay. To me he will never win even if he dated what some would call a proper woman someone would find fault .

annemarie
Clooney Purist

Posts : 4013
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by davidarochelle on Sun Mar 25 2012, 13:38

When I first got on COH I tried to explain my impressions of G&SK, based on my conversations with G's on-set assistant and driver. I had told him how much I'd admired G for holding an umbrella for EC on the Red Carpet. He was the only celeb who didn't care if he got wet. I also questioned why he was with a girl who didn't appear to appreciate his chivalry. The answer was, "oh, they all do that. That's because their real relationships can't handle the glare of publicity." Since his breakup with Celine was escalated because she didn't like the paps' intrusion, I remember G vowing to keep all future relationships more private. Just because he is not hot for SK, doesn't mean that their aren't females in his life who share his bed and his heart. Yes some of us wouldn't want to keep a romance quiet; but other ladies are shy. And G wouldn't get as much international press if he showed up alone or with his parents. Look at all the discussions on what SK wears. If she looked perfect from the beginning, would there be as many articles on her? I was once told if you want to be famous, then be prepared to be infamous. Especially with the growth of the internet, others would rather dis you than praise you.

davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1403
Join date : 2011-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by barla on Sun Mar 25 2012, 13:57

Words of extreme wisdom, Annemarie, I cannot disagree with you ... in general .... but I think that you haven't get the point: is not that SK should win the Nobel to date George, but as Davida has been said... , GC knows acting much better than what he shows us when he's with stacy ..... if he is very much in love, I'm happy for him, did not dispute the choices of girlfriends .... if what appears is true love .... Now we are spectators of what he wants us to see (the law of the show, no one knows better than him) ... if he wants to propose a lovestory,he must make an effort at least to convince us (or if doesn't care, protects his privacy, but does not call the paps which he exactly does' to send messages, not to pass the time,..... as many of his friends and colleagues don't do...Damon, Roberts etc ....) .. . or we think he is incredibly happy (i really like your definition "good friends with benefits ..) while he behaves in public like the guy whose dog just died ....
However, in the last photos there was an improvement and I have my sources on the Italian lake so I will say more when they come to Como to spend the summer together, I'm sure..... a kiss ....

barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 408
Join date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by barla on Sun Mar 25 2012, 14:01

davidarochelle wrote:When I first got on COH I tried to explain my impressions of G&SK, based on my conversations with G's on-set assistant and driver. I had told him how much I'd admired G for holding an umbrella for EC on the Red Carpet. He was the only celeb who didn't care if he got wet. I also questioned why he was with a girl who didn't appear to appreciate his chivalry. The answer was, "oh, they all do that. That's because their real relationships can't handle the glare of publicity." Since his breakup with Celine was escalated because she didn't like the paps' intrusion, I remember G vowing to keep all future relationships more private. Just because he is not hot for SK, doesn't mean that their aren't females in his life who share his bed and his heart. Yes some of us wouldn't want to keep a romance quiet; but other ladies are shy. And G wouldn't get as much international press if he showed up alone or with his parents. Look at all the discussions on what SK wears. If she looked perfect from the beginning, would there be as many articles on her? I was once told if you want to be famous, then be prepared to be infamous. Especially with the growth of the internet, others would rather dis you than praise you.

Zen 10 out of 10

barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 408
Join date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by barla on Sun Mar 25 2012, 14:08

barla wrote:
davidarochelle wrote:When I first got on COH I tried to explain my impressions of G&SK, based on my conversations with G's on-set assistant and driver. I had told him how much I'd admired G for holding an umbrella for EC on the Red Carpet. He was the only celeb who didn't care if he got wet. I also questioned why he was with a girl who didn't appear to appreciate his chivalry. The answer was, "oh, they all do that. That's because their real relationships can't handle the glare of publicity." Since his breakup with Celine was escalated because she didn't like the paps' intrusion, I remember G vowing to keep all future relationships more private. Just because he is not hot for SK, doesn't mean that their aren't females in his life who share his bed and his heart. Yes some of us wouldn't want to keep a romance quiet; but other ladies are shy. And G wouldn't get as much international press if he showed up alone or with his parents. Look at all the discussions on what SK wears. If she looked perfect from the beginning, would there be as many articles on her? I was once told if you want to be famous, then be prepared to be infamous. Especially with the growth of the internet, others would rather dis you than praise you.

Zen 10 out of 10

and besides, as far I would say that passing from a soccer player to a star of Hollywood, it has created some problems to the poor EC.... but, believe me, EC is not at all unpleasant as some think, just a big messy girl...

barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 408
Join date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by davidarochelle on Sun Mar 25 2012, 14:41

Barla,
Thanks for your kindness. I almost left COH because initially I was always dissed or red-lined for just stating my views. I am truly grateful for all of those who try to understand what I am trying to express.

davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1403
Join date : 2011-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Lighterside on Sun Mar 25 2012, 15:42

I hate to be debbie downer here but you all keep talking about George's "need for true love" like that's what George wants...what if that ISN'T what George wants?

George seems quite capable to me to have both, a career and a "true love" IF that was what he wanted. Many, many other celebrities manage to do it every single day. You're talking like George is somehow emotionally handicapped because HE CHOOSES NOT TO. I think he's been clear on this subject over the years and quite consistent in his answer to this question. I think that it's not only the girlfriends but the press and his fans who won't accept that this is a lifelong decision to remain single...period...end of story. Marriage and commitment aren't for everyone as has been said many times. But people will make up stories and excuses until the cows come home because they just refuse to believe that someone so handsome, charming etc. doesn't want true love and marriage.

That's what I meant by the "village idiots" comment I made in another thread. The Village Voice didn't bother to think past their noses regarding "why" Stacy didn't attend the WH dinner and they seemed to hinge their theory that this is a fake relationship BECAUSE she didn't attend. There is a "reasonable" explanation for her absence but they don't even mention the possibility that it was probably a last minute invitation. WHY would George and John have been invited IN ADVANCE to attend a state dinner? They wouldn't ordinarily have been on the guest list.

They were in DC for a high profile meeting with the President about So. Sudan, which coincided with the timing of the dinner and thus they were invited and a "spouse" or "plus one" couldn't attend last minute because of the security clearances that are mandatory. George and John were already cleared for the meeting and did you notice that the absence of John's wife wasn't mentioned in the article. That's because her absence didn't support the "thrust" of their story, so therefore it was omitted.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by EEOsandy on Sun Mar 25 2012, 15:56

I would think better of him if he didn't have to clean his GFs up. There's no polite way to say this, but Stacy looked like a hooker at both appearances in Toronto. I think she chose her dress, shoes, hairstyle, makeup, etc. in Toronto and she probably thought she looked great. If you put a picture of her in Toronto beside a picture of her at one of the more recent red carpets you would not know it was the same person. I would love to see George with someone like Charlize Theron (who he was rumored to have had a fling with several years ago) or Eva Longoria. Both are talented, successful, involved in some great humanitarian projects, and obviously smart. It is said he and Stacy both like sports, she's like one of guys, etc., but he has more in common with women like Charlize and Eva than with Stacy. However, for some reasons for which we could endlessly speculate, he has no desire to be with someone like this, and that's his right.

EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Posts : 710
Join date : 2011-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by melbert on Sun Mar 25 2012, 16:21

I have stated several times that what George does, who he dates, etc., is HIS choice. He is a grown man. I don't like some of his choices, but that has not turned me against him. I thought I lived in a country that afforded us free choice on most things. Also, when God created us, He gave us free will. I do agree with some of you when you state these relationships don't "look real" or "loving". He has NEVER, to my recollection, used the "L" word in describing any of his girlfriends. So, if he is having wild, crazy sex with them - that's between them as it should be. If they are his beck 'n call girls, so be it. These girls enter into a "relationship" with George knowing full well who he is and what he's stated in interviews about marriage and babies. Unless, of course, they've lived under a rock!!! I don't believe that he is public with these girls for HIS PR enhancement. He doesn't need that.

Most love him (or like for those who don't want to admit they LOVE George) for his looks, his charm, his eyes, his voice, his humor, his acting (again, some not so much), his humanitarianism - I could go on and on. For some reason, it appears that he finds these girls to date and tries to "help" them achieve their goals in the limelight. His name, his connections, his coattails, may open doors for them. If they choose to go through those doors, and/or have the talent to run with it, then good for them. However, what about all the others out there with better looks, more talent, etc., that don't have George Clooney as their mentor?

So, in my overly long statement here, I don't agree that if he's helping their careers that he should try and pass them off as girlfriends and if they're just girlfriends, then don't wave your clout around and get them jobs that should go to someone with talent and who actually works for it.

All that being said, I have a great deal of respect for George and all his humanitarian efforts and his filmwork, but I don't always appreciate his choices in girlfriends. There is keeping your private life private, but I would accept better if he actually acknowledged if he was in a loving relationship and showed it as that rather than letting everyone believe that it's a PR relationship only.

melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19134
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : George's House

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Katiedot on Sun Mar 25 2012, 16:26

EEOsandy wrote: he has more in common with women like Charlize and Eva than with Stacy. However, for some reasons for which we could endlessly speculate, he has no desire to be with someone like this, and that's his right.
Yep. As George has met these two (and no doubt countless other nice, talented women) and still chooses to date who he dates, I think it's clearly his decision that he has more in common with Stacy.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by davidarochelle on Sun Mar 25 2012, 16:28

A-list or even B-list actresses have schedules that would compete with G's. Coordination would be near impossible; that's one reason why many celeb marriages end. IMHO he can continue to date or escort any girl he chooses IF that makes him happy. You cannot be a fan of someone and not want to see them very happy. And G is not good enough of an actor to constantly "fake" happiness.

davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1403
Join date : 2011-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by lelacorb on Sun Mar 25 2012, 16:52

[quote="Lighterside"]I hate to be debbie downer here but you all keep talking about George's "need for true love" like that's what George wants...what if that ISN'T what George wants?
George seems quite capable to me to have both, a career and a "true love" IF that was what he wanted.


I believe that a person can choose to marry and have children or not but can not decide whether or not to fall in love. Happens and when it happens you can not do anything but to live this love![/i]

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by lelacorb on Sun Mar 25 2012, 17:03

[quote="lelacorb"][quote="Lighterside"]I hate to be debbie downer here but you all keep talking about George's "need for true love" like that's what George wants...what if that ISN'T what George wants?
George seems quite capable to me to have both, a career and a "true love" IF that was what he wanted.

[color=blue]
I believe that a person can choose to marry and have children or not but can not decide whether or not to fall in love. Happens and when it happens you can not do anything but to live this love! If a person does not love Ithink it is very unfortunate or insensitive

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by it's me on Sun Mar 25 2012, 17:11

lelacorb wrote:George ....... and if it were simply a man incapable of love? I can only wish him to fall in Love (no matter who!) I think for the life of a man is more important than winning an OSCAR!

sure!!!!

annemarie wrote:I don't think badly of George he is a grown man; who chooses to date the women he dates and he does not need my or anyone else's approval. If people believe it's pr fine I'm not one of them. He seems to me to date the women he is around , is it serious probably not does it have to be no not to me . I think Stacy is a nice young woman no rocket scientist but she must have something George likes so good for him. They are probably friends with benefits it happens if thats what they both agree to no problem. When and if George is ready I believe he will settle down with one woman

I really hope ONLY ONE Shocked

(duble quoting: FUNZIONA!!! Very Happy )

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by it's me on Sun Mar 25 2012, 17:13

lelacorb wrote:I believe that a person can choose to marry and have children or not but can not decide whether or not to fall in love. Happens and when it happens you can not do anything but to live this love!

Thumbs up!

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Lighterside on Sun Mar 25 2012, 21:15

[quote="lelacorb"]
Lighterside wrote:I hate to be debbie downer here but you all keep talking about George's "need for true love" like that's what George wants...what if that ISN'T what George wants?
George seems quite capable to me to have both, a career and a "true love" IF that was what he wanted.


I believe that a person can choose to marry and have children or not but can not decide whether or not to fall in love. Happens and when it happens you can not do anything but to live this love![/i]

Again, that's your interpretation of what is happening between two people whom you don't know and are not privy to what happens between them when they are indoors and out of the camera line. Not everyone is an exhibitionist. You're making suppositions based upon snap shots, without considering that one or both don't like to be demonstrative in public. Not everyone walks around grinning like a goon just because their girlfriend is in close proximity.

And I would also point out, that you're assuming that it is love between them and other than a couple of tweets from Stacy, I haven't heard George ever mention that he's "in love"...having a good time, yes, in love, nope, haven't heard him say that. He could be picking the people that he does to date because he doesn't want any complications and therefore chooses people in particular to ensure "love" won't grow. You never know!

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by The next mrs clooney on Mon Mar 26 2012, 01:40

I think when it comes to Dating George wants easy. He wants someone who can be there when he wants them to be and someone who will tailor their schedule to fit his. With another A lister this wouldn't work. Also I still think his choice in women is to do with a fear of allowing himself to truly be in love. He picks women that he knows he has little in common with and that he won't fall head over heels. This way he won't get hurt. IMO.

The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2167
Join date : 2011-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by davidarochelle on Mon Mar 26 2012, 01:51

There have always been rumors that G does romantically date and sleep with other beautiful and intelligent ladies, who because of their status or career, do not want pap attention. Some are European; there was even a story about a Norwegian member of the ruling family. Has anyone else heard of these stories? I wish I could find their sources again.

davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1403
Join date : 2011-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by it's me on Mon Mar 26 2012, 06:08

a Norwegian member of the ruling family????

no, never....

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by lucy on Mon Mar 26 2012, 07:05

IMO I don't think George dates just for PR, I just don't see him as really needing it, or not that vein. Also he is dating a type a certain age and almost always someone who makes her living posing for a photographer. So he picks this type cause it's what he's attracted to, as far as how he seems when being photographed with them, IMO he learns and changes with each GF. When he was with SL, and all the time/dates they had in NY while filming BAR, there where times he had a big smile and behaved like a little boy with a crush. But with each GF since I see less and less of this public behavior, it's as if he has learned not to give to much away. Sad thing is that so many sources now are commenting/reporting on this GF, possible fake/contract/pr relationships that it's becoming a joke. So IMO he is doing what he has always done, maybe he's behaving differently because of what is written and all the speculation, he is probably aware of how anyone he dates needs to have a thick skin,not let all the talk hurt them much, so to me EC, SK, make sense. It's hard for me to get worked up anymore over his GF's and I'm trying not to be so mean about them, but who knows that could all change with the next one.

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Posts : 3209
Join date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by it's me on Mon Mar 26 2012, 07:23

no way
I guess perception is the issue

the feeling you get
looking at them

by now... it seems not so ... plausible

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by lucy on Mon Mar 26 2012, 07:36

That is what is so interesting about still photos we all see things so differently.

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Posts : 3209
Join date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by macs on Mon Mar 26 2012, 09:07

Interesting discussion… quite frankly I am generally at a loss to understand what is going on with his GFs, though I suppose it doesn’t matter since I don’t have to know what’s going on inside. As long as his movies are good, I don’t see his choices driving me away from going to theaters see him.
Obviously he’s going for some free and fun relationships. If that’s what he wants ! That being said, IMO his choices in GF/arm candy/sexbuddy (whatever you call it) do tell a bit of how he sees women/what he needs women for… and that doesn’t make me think too high of him (once again, not that it matters as long as I’m not the one who’s being treated that way)

lucy wrote:IF what some imply George does this for PR because he is no longer interesting to???????.What would/could change it all, hook-up with an intelligent woman of lets say 35 years old+, someone who all of us could approve of, and stay with her, happily,content, now this may sound boring but it would be different and all would take notice.

to answer Lucy's original question, I suppose if he met someone like that, we'll see her pretty much like all the others - after all we wouldn't know her much more that we know his current/past GF(s). I suppose time would just make people accept the relationship as a committed

macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by watching on Mon Mar 26 2012, 12:14

I don't think it is that he is no longer interesting, it is more about his films are not interesting to a large section of the film viewing public. So many of his films are issue related and so many people just want comic book heroes, action sequences and romantic comedies. Having a girl on his arm gets him more attention which in turn, gets the films more coverage when his love life accompanies a film release. Look at his box office - he turns a profit but he isn't winning weekends and getting people in droves to see his films.

It works in his favour - he gets press for his films and all he has to do is walk the red carpet and pose in some candid paps shots. He doesn't have to give lengthy interviews, do every tv show under the sun, do full world promotional tours going to over 15 countries to sell the film. So he gets the benefit of a media campaign but he doesn't have to appear that he is selling out or working himself for press attention. It is what it is.

watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2002
Join date : 2011-01-17
Location : A padded cell somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Katiedot on Mon Mar 26 2012, 12:38

I agree somewhat that he gets more press when he has a girlfriend on his arm than solo although I think it's a minor difference - shots of George on holiday would still have sold even without Stacy in them.

In fact, as far as we can tell even with the two of them they don't seem to have been picked up, although we'll see this week whether maybe one of the print magazines has an exclusive.


Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Seth Gecko on Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:00

From a male point of view, I actually think he'd get more press if he was single at these events than with Stacy or whoever on his arm.

I think all the reports of George being gay are rubbish to be honest. He plays to that so well. He has been asked the question so many times that he has fun with it now.

Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Posts : 128
Join date : 2012-02-29
Location : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Seth Gecko on Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:07

Just to clarify what I said about getting more press. I mean the speculation wouyld be higher. That said, should GC have a dark secret it would have been splilled by now. Someone outside of 'the boys' would know and would have sold their story. I can identify with his lifestyle in just one aspect, an that is that I have had a marriage go wrong and I don't feel inclined to do it again unless the person is right. Remember Paul McCartney and what happened to him with Heather Mills.

Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Posts : 128
Join date : 2012-02-29
Location : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by party animal - not! on Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:12

I think you hit the nail on the head, Katie. EyePrime/Wenn are probably doing a deal with Hello or the like. Could be that GTC pr has negotiated exclusivity fee for a donation to NOOW.........Jolie/Pitt do that quite a lot

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7771
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by silly girl on Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:19

If they were some sort of deal, don't you think the quality would have been better? Not to say it won't happen of course.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3299
Join date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by party animal - not! on Mon Mar 26 2012, 14:12

Well, I suppose what we have to remember is that all these publications/websites have to fill their pages with something and they all have deadlines. And some would interpret the fact they looked grainy as being 'private' and 'secret' shots, therefore exclusive, and would pay for them. Italian mag 'Chi' is a case in point.

GTC likes journalists, and knows the Press and understands very well the benefits and drawbacks. But even he would get pretty fed up at times with the intrusive nature of the paparazzi, and those he doesn't rate i e the 'creative' storytellers.

As to how they cope with the 'blinding nature' of red carpets, it's beyond me, and even SK was heard to mutter 'scary' at the NBR. The dinner at Craig's appears to have been a great success for all - Lysa Heslov's twitter page reflected that, so to pay the price of running the gamut of photographers outside was probably a small price to pay and largely irrelevant

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7771
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by lelacorb on Mon Mar 26 2012, 14:21

[quote="Lighterside"]
lelacorb wrote:
Lighterside wrote:I hate to be debbie downer here but you all keep talking about George's "need for true love" like that's what George wants...what if that ISN'T what George wants?
George seems quite capable to me to have both, a career and a "true love" IF that was what he wanted.


I believe that a person can choose to marry and have children or not but can not decide whether or not to fall in love. Happens and when it happens you can not do anything but to live this love![/i]

Again, that's your interpretation of what is happening between two people whom you don't know and are not privy to what happens between them when they are indoors and out of the camera line. Not everyone is an exhibitionist. You're making suppositions based upon snap shots, without considering that one or both don't like to be demonstrative in public. Not everyone walks around grinning like a goon just because their girlfriend is in close proximity.

And I would also point out, that you're assuming that it is love between them and other than a couple of tweets from Stacy, I haven't heard George ever mention that he's "in love"...having a good time, yes, in love, nope, haven't heard him say that. He could be picking the people that he does to date because he doesn't want any complications and therefore chooses people in particular to ensure "love" won't grow. You never know!




Surely it is my interpretation (which we write in this forum we can only interpret what we see and how we see) but my was a general discussion on love itwas not referring in particular to George but to all human beings. We can not choose the feelings we experience them just as we can not choose not to suffer we can not choose not to be afraid we can not choose to innamoraci or not! I hope I explained!

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by davidarochelle on Mon Mar 26 2012, 14:43

I don't understand why G doesn't choose a publicity escort that treats him like a true friend, showing appreciation for her career boost and admiration for his work.

davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1403
Join date : 2011-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Lighterside on Mon Mar 26 2012, 14:47

@lela....yes you did explain it and I'm not trying to talk you out of your "personal view of love" at all. I think you are a "hopeless romantic" and that's not a bad thing, many of us are but I don't think that George views the world like you do, that's all I'm saying. Hug1

@ Seth...welcome and good posts! Thanks for sharing your thoughts from a male perspective.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by davidarochelle on Mon Mar 26 2012, 14:53

Seth,
Welcome. Always would love to hear a "man's opinion" on our discussions. Also interesting to read views of posters from different parts of the world where life is different from here in Las Vegas.

davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1403
Join date : 2011-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Dexterdidit on Tue Mar 27 2012, 01:13

I agree with Seth if he went to things alone it would create mystery and more interest in what he was doing. People love a good mystery!

Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : Somewhere in Oz

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Lakin460 on Tue Mar 27 2012, 01:22

Dexterdidit wrote:I agree with Seth if he went to things alone it would create mystery and more interest in what he was doing. People love a good mystery!

heartily agree! + for you!

Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Posts : 6802
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : Ohio, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Astras on Tue Mar 27 2012, 03:31

Seth Gecko wrote:From a male point of view, I actually think he'd get more press if he was single at these events than with Stacy or whoever on his arm.

I think all the reports of George being gay are rubbish to be honest. He plays to that so well. He has been asked the question so many times that he has fun with it now.

ITA with you Seth. That's why I don't think he dates women for publicity. I think he dates the women he dates because he's attracted to them. He's a man fully in charge of his life, so it's difficult for me to imagine that he would spent time with someone he didn't enjoy being with - for whatever reason. It's also difficult for me to believe his GFs have all been complete dolts in the brain department. You don't have to be Einstein to be interesting or provocative in some way, shape or form. Anyway, since I'm not of the demographic that would fit into his dating pool, it doesn't matter to me whom he dates or why. *weeps* Razz

Regarding the topic of this thread, he and the women he dates are adults who presumably know what they are getting into, therefore his choice and reason for choosing a partner/lover/friend doesn't affect my opinion of him. I guess I'm a "live and let live" kind of person. I admire his talent, intelligence, generosity of spirit, humanity and kindness. And yeah, he's *okay* in the looks department too. Laughing

Not that it matters what I think, but since I'm sharing anyway...I would rather see George date a myriad of women than imagine him in an unhappy marriage where some serious damage to lives and reputations can truly be achieved. There really is no reason for him to get married at all. I'm actually happy to see someone of his notoriety not cave in to the expectation of society. If more people were more self aware, they too might admit that perhaps marriage isn't the thing for them - where they could then lead a full, happy life instead of wallowing in the muck of a cumbersome marriage, or spending their lives thinking they are incomplete without finding a so-called "soul mate" who has to be attached to their hip 24/7. Just sayin' Very Happy

And on that note, I'm going to go roast some cauliflower. flower


Astras
Clooney Expert

Posts : 261
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Studio City, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by party animal - not! on Tue Mar 27 2012, 11:12

Brill analysis, Astras. Totally agree

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7771
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by cindigirl on Tue Mar 27 2012, 15:11

I think he's smart to continue with his relationships fake or not. Some (most) of my friends are staying in their marriage because they are afraid to go out on their own, whether it's financially or emotionally. I've seen verbal abuse and I tell them "when you take their money you have to take their crap." I'd rather live on my limited income any day.


Last edited by cindigirl on Tue Mar 27 2012, 15:28; edited 1 time in total

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by it's me on Tue Mar 27 2012, 15:13

how are roasted cauliflower?

(how can you roast them?!?)

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by davidarochelle on Tue Mar 27 2012, 16:09

it's me,
You can roast almost any vegetable. I use a little healthy olive oil, garlic, and lots of seasonings. I think the temperature should be about 375 or 400. Watch carefully. Makes good from scratch cauliflower soup.
cindigirl,
It's hard to survive on your own, but much harder to be with an abusive man. Sadly women have been taught to put up with abuse; that as long as he is a good provider, one must ignore things. While emotional abuse doesn't break bones, it does break our spirit. Maybe that's why I've never been married or lived with a man. I'm waiting for a gem that I know will never, ever put me down. And I wonder if G is still a Southern Gentleman in private.

davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1403
Join date : 2011-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by blubelle on Tue Mar 27 2012, 16:44

According to the latest stats marriage is on the decline with less people marrying this past year than ever before. More than 50% of all marriages fail. George tried it once and it didn't work. I wonder how many of his close friends are still in their first marriage?

blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 959
Join date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Seth Gecko on Tue Mar 27 2012, 17:08

T'was along time ago - wonder how many ladies could make hime give up Drinking and Basketball - NONE I'll bet...

Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Posts : 128
Join date : 2012-02-29
Location : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney: fake relationship for PR? What would make you think better of him

Post by Sponsored content Today at 18:35


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum