George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to go into politics? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to go into politics? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to go into politics? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to go into politics? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney to go into politics? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney to go into politics? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney to go into politics? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney to go into politics? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney to go into politics? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to go into politics?

4 posters

Go down

George Clooney to go into politics? Empty George Clooney to go into politics?

Post by Katiedot Fri 23 Mar 2012, 11:10

Yawn if you've heard this before:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney To Ditch Acting For Politics?Is he a President in the making?

George Clooney is allegedly considering a major career move - jumping ship from acting to politics, with a view to possibly becoming a future president.

US tabloid Star quotes a source as saying the 'Descendants' actor has had many an offer from politicians about joining them, and his arrest last week for protesting human rights violations has fuelled his appetite to make a difference to the country.

George has joked about his "nice arrest"

"[He] has a real interest in politics and an innate need to accomplish more than any present politician is doing," it is claimed.

"It’s a well-kept secret within his camp that George has been approached about running for office by many people in politics."

George's father Nick ran for office 'back in the day', but the man himself is actually quoted late last year by Gossip Cop as saying that he, erm, has no interest in making a similar move.

"I have a very good life and I have a very comfortable existence. If I want to dip my toes in issues involved in politics — like I’m talking about Sudan or Darfur… then I can, and I’m happy to do it and don’t have to compromise as a politician. So I find it to be much nicer where I am."

No sooner posited than denied:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

March 22nd, 2012

“Clooney For President?” reads a headline from Star, which claims “George Clooney could be planning to relocate — straight to the White House.”

A source for the mag says the actor, who was arrested last week for protesting human rights violations outside the Sudanese Embassy in D.C., “has a real interest in politics and an innate need to accomplish more than any present politician is doing.”

The insider adds, “It’s a well-kept secret within his camp that George has been approached about running for office by many people in politics.”

While that very well may be true, the actor himself has said numerous times he has NO interest in becoming a politician.

In the fall, Clooney revealed why he would never want to run for office like his father, Nick, explaining, “I have a very good life and I have a very comfortable existence. If I want to dip my toes in issues involved in politics — like I’m talking about Sudan or Darfur… then I can, and I’m happy to do it and don’t have to compromise as a politician. So I find it to be much nicer where I am.”

A Clooney source tells Gossip Cop his stance on running for public office has not changed since then.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to go into politics? Empty Re: George Clooney to go into politics?

Post by melbert Sat 24 Mar 2012, 15:45

I agree that he can make more of a "noise" with his concerns as a citizen and NOT a politician.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to go into politics? Empty Re: George Clooney to go into politics?

Post by davidarochelle Sat 24 Mar 2012, 16:50

Well I guess the rags are tired of talking about when G&SK are going to have babies (since they're obviously not getting married) and so need to create another way to get G followers to waste money (and trees) buying their rubbish. Can't they find a more productive way to fill their papers? Do the "articles" at least accompany good pics of G?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by adgran Sat 24 Mar 2012, 17:23

@mel, so agree with what you said.

adgran
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down