I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Facepalm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Facepalm

Post by Michelle meyers on Tue Mar 20 2012, 00:32

i have been very guilty of this facepalm

i watched a short interview with Julia Roberts on E! and she talked about being overly scrutinized by the public and how it can upset her.
it made me wonder if george does too and how I and others have been scrutinizing him too much to the point of even upsetting ourselves/myself
i would hate for him to get upset over people being overly scrunitized but, then maybe I'm just thinking he feels this way because Julia does and it doesn't bother him as much??

Maybe I'm just being sensitive to the fact I may have said some of the wrong things on the Open House and i am now regretting

Anyway, I guess the interview got to me a bit
Thanks for listening
Wonder what your opinion is...?

Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Re: Facepalm

Post by Katiedot on Tue Mar 20 2012, 02:36

Yes, it's something I think about and my feeling is that he'd probably prefer not to have his life so deeply scrutinised. It is after all, none of our business.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway on Tue Mar 20 2012, 02:50

But on the other hand I hope he understands, for some people he may be their brief escape from their real life. A chance to dream/fantasies’ about other things then what may be going on in one’s life.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Tue Mar 20 2012, 03:52

I don't really think he cares. Or he would have changed the kind of women he dates by now and PR campaigns he runs around awards time. Instead he seems to choose worse and worse and seems to be having a great time. George is smart enough to know it is part of his job and if no one talked about him then he would be really upset! He knows people pay attention to him and that is why he got himself arrested it works both ways. I am not sorry for anything I have said it's what I have thought and felt at the time. George believes in freedom of speech and he has done very well in his career with a lot of female fans. I think he is aware of what is said but he lives his life to make himself happy and we discuss and chat and make ourselves happy.

Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Tue Mar 20 2012, 11:38

well
the issue is interesting

strong feelings
@ being loved
can heal everything
I think

anyway
this facepalm smiley means to me

"OMG.... Rolling Eyes "

not hiding

ciao Hello!

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Tue Mar 20 2012, 14:33

Dexterdidit wrote:I think he is aware of what is said but he lives his life to make himself happy and we discuss and chat and make ourselves happy.

Yes that's right, Dex. And I think if more people did things to make themselves more happy there would be much less violence and bad stuff that goes on in the world. This forum is my favorite hobby and I look forward to reading every day. We chat here and sometimes say things that we wish we didn't, but that's all part of the game of life. How many times have we said things to people we'd like take back? A lot for me.

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers on Tue Mar 20 2012, 14:37

cindigirl wrote:
Dexterdidit wrote:I think he is aware of what is said but he lives his life to make himself happy and we discuss and chat and make ourselves happy.

Yes that's right, Dex. And I think if more people did things to make themselves more happy there would be much less violence and bad stuff that goes on in the world. This forum is my favorite hobby and I look forward to reading every day. We chat here and sometimes say things that we wish we didn't, but that's all part of the game of life. How many times have we said things to people we'd like take back? A lot for me.

yes you are very right thank you!

Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat Sep 29 2012, 12:56

[reviving an old thread here] I wonder sometimes though. I mean, the man's so adamant about not having a twitter or facebook account, or even a fan club, largely I think because of the intrusion into his privacy and also what people say about him.

I certainly get awkward feelings when posting paparazzi shots of him (note that it doesn't stop me posting them though!).

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sat Sep 29 2012, 17:13

George likes the attention. If he had the choice of complete privacy with no one paying any attention and no paps trying to take his picture to the life he leads now -- he'll pick his current life every time.

I can't say more cause it would "out" me to him but there is an incident I had with him that makes me think he's not so shy about people paying attention to him and in some cases he craves it. And no, I'm not the gal sitting on his lap and no it doesn't involve any kind of physical contact so get your minds out of the gutter! HA!

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat Sep 29 2012, 17:23

tell us more.....

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sat Sep 29 2012, 17:50

it's me didn't mean to do one of those I know something you don't.

It's just an incident at a public event that made me realize George likes the attention. That's all.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat Sep 29 2012, 18:20

Damn! I guess we're just going to have get you drunk Lorna and wheedle your secrets out of you that way!

I'm sure George likes the attention - it's pretty much the reason he said he went into acting in the first place. But as ever when it comes to humans we only want what we want and no more, and I think that just because he likes attention doesn't necessarily mean he relishes ALL kinds of attention at ALL times.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sat Sep 29 2012, 18:45

Katiedot wrote:Damn! I guess we're just going to have get you drunk Lorna and wheedle your secrets out of you that way!

I'm sure George likes the attention - it's pretty much the reason he said he went into acting in the first place. But as ever when it comes to humans we only want what we want and no more, and I think that just because he likes attention doesn't necessarily mean he relishes ALL kinds of attention at ALL times.

Good point!

Nothing says too much attention like the guy standing at the urinal next to you wanting to shake your hand before you're done and before either of you washes your hands! Brahahahaha

Seriously, I get what you mean. Sometimes it must get to be too much!

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sat Sep 29 2012, 18:55

OK Lorna....your secret is out...but VERY safe with us flower

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sat Sep 29 2012, 18:57

HA!

Yea, I routinely hide out in mens restrooms when George is around to see the interaction between him and his "guy" fans!

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat Sep 29 2012, 18:59

I knew it!!

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sat Sep 29 2012, 19:03

Hey, you take what opportunities to be close to George that you can get!

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle on Sat Sep 29 2012, 19:08

I think he draws a line between what he feels is his job and what is private. I think he looks so unhappy sometimes with his gfs and we blame it on them, when the fact is he's out to dinner, or on his boat dock, etc. Somewhere he considers to be a private situation and doesn't like the intrusion. Hence the unhappy looks.
There has been quite a bit of online conversation in my little part of the world because they are filming in this area, and people are saying "leave them alone, don't bother them". I don't think he considers fans at his locations a bother. He's working and it's part of his job, so to speak. I think he's fine with it. I also think he's fine at something like a ball game. He doesn't expect privacy there. Maybe it's why, in photos, he looks so much happier when he's working.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:34

LornaDoone wrote:it's me didn't mean to do one of those I know something you don't.

It's just an incident at a public event that made me realize George likes the attention. That's all.

mmmmm.....

Last edited by it's me on Sat Sep 29 2012, 23:25; edited 2 times in total

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:59

LornaDoone wrote:Hey, you take what opportunities to be close to George that you can get!

lol! Lorna, I like a girl with initiative !

Well...next time....don't forget.... gotpics

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sun Sep 30 2012, 03:17

noodle wrote:I think he draws a line between what he feels is his job and what is private. I think he looks so unhappy sometimes with his gfs and we blame it on them, when the fact is he's out to dinner, or on his boat dock, etc. Somewhere he considers to be a private situation and doesn't like the intrusion. Hence the unhappy looks.
I think you're right. I think even public figures have what they consider to be a private side, even if it's not all that private when compared to a non-celeb. I guess he draws boundaries between what he's fine to share and what he's not happy about.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:38

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum