George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012

+47
Cinderella
moniquevander
NotAvailable
lovelylois
caudata
blubelle
Atalante
annemarie
MyGirlKylie
Hapki
davidarochelle
playfuldeb
bellybaby
Vi
Astras
EEOsandy
macs
Natascha
sisieq
pattygirl
hathaross
lelacorb
cindigirl
silly girl
MM
Joanna
socimar
madsky
Dexterdidit
watching
Pari
fluffy
Merlin
it's me
Henway
Maggy
Michelle meyers
LornaDoone
bamboochacha
janieb
The next mrs clooney
zizi
Katiedot
Lakin460
fava
melbert
party animal - not!
51 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012

Post by cindigirl Sat 17 Mar 2012, 20:54

I think Russell (KONY filmmaker) was drunk because of stress from the attention on KONY. I'm pretty sure George can handle the spotlight much better than Russell.

Don't expect to see George's butt exposed any time soon. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012

Post by Astras Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:29

cindigirl wrote:George allowing himself to be arrested for his cause was I think one of the kindest things he's done so far. In spite of him smiling I'm sure it was a humiliating and humbling experience for him. I think he tries to be a private person when he can and this was a public display for a good reason.

For his girlfriend choices, well I think Stacy is a nice change from the intense relationship he had with Eli. I say good for him, he deserves whatever happines he has.

Very well said cindigirl. In spite of his good humor, I too think it was a humbling and humiliating experience for him. But of course, being the smart man he is, he knew it was probably the one single thing he could have done to focus mass attention on the atrocities happening in South Sudan. Well played George!

I've had to avoid reading comments associated with so many of these articles and vids though. There is so much vitriol and hatred directed at people like George - and I'll never understand it. The ugliness is maddening. I really get irked by those who accuse him of being "Un-American" when he directs his efforts towards a country other than the U.S. It used to be that an admired American trait was to be a good neighbor in this world - to lend a hand to those less fortunate, to those oppressed. Aside from that, if ignorant people would just do a little research, they would know that G has also spent much time, effort and money helping people in the USA. He's an incredibly generous man - with not only his money, but his time. Those qualities in a person should be celebrated, not torn down. Grrrrrrrr.

Regarding his GF's, I get the impression he is fairly well content with his life as it is. He is so committed to filmmaking and humanitarian causes that maybe he simply isn't looking for long term, committed, romantic love. Something would have to give, you know? I mean, a person only has so much "bandwidth" from which to draw passion and energy. Given the intense focus on his career and charitable causes, falling seriously in love would change that focus; so it doesn't seem to be something he's seeking. Not that it might not drop in his lap when he's least expecting it, but I'm just saying that one doesn't have to have to be *in love* to have a happy, fulfilled life. Love comes to us in many ways - friends, family, creativity, and selflessness. Anyway, yes, regardless of whom he is dating, I hope she brings him warmth and mirth - and if he wants something different, something more, I hope he finds it. I hope we all do! I love you

Just to add that ITA with your post Hapki . No one President or person is solely responsible for the direction and shape of America. It has been a group effort - for better or worse. I do think some of us could stand to find a little more compassion in our hearts. Crying or Very sad
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:30

cindigirl wrote:I think Russell (KONY filmmaker) was drunk because of stress from the attention on KONY. I'm pretty sure George can handle the spotlight much better than Russell.

Don't expect to see George's butt exposed any time soon. LOL

oh damn.... Evil or Very Mad
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:32

Damn CindiGirl - I was hoping for a butt shot!!

Now, on a majorly serious note. I know that I'm late again, but thank you everyone for the videos and pics and stories that you contributed AND for your commentaries. I am so very proud of George and Nick, and the others, that my heart is bursting out of my chest. You could see the passion on his face and definitely hear it in his voice. I don't think I have ever been so taken by anything in my life (ok, my son being born and watching my two beautiful grandbabies being born are 1, 2 and 3). Thank you George for bringing this out. And thanks to our wonderful OH team!

Last edited by melbert on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:38; edited 1 time in total
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:36

you are great Mel! cheers
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:37

Hi Mel, did you check the video on page 3 here? It's me thought George might be affected in the same way. Celebrity can make you or break you if you're inexperienced. I just saw on CNN that Russell is hospitalized for stress-related symptoms such as masturbating naked on the street.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:41

Thanks I M! Yes CindiGirl, I've watched ALL of them. I think he is more proud of what he's brought to light here than any award he's ever received.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:45

sure
but those are very different things
I think

even if all of his films
sends messages
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:52

Re your comments Astra...

Para 2. I have a theory about 'ugly' comments that are written by
many people in connection with any video or blog or twitter about anything. I think they are just from people who are bored and want attention or are just up for an ugly argument online.
They usually resort to short sentences, using 4 letter words with no real substance in what they say and are best ignored or laughed at.

Part 3. I agree with what you say and have always felt that how George lives his "private life" is entirely his business. I admire him for not being prepared to conform or compromise his deeply held beliefs about himself. IMO he obviously knows himself better than any so called fan who expresses their opinions and desires about
"what he should do"
You expressed it much more eloquently than ever I could, so thanks for that. Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:55

cindigirl wrote:This was his way of generating more intense interest in his cause. And it's working. He carried himself with grace and kindness throughout the ordeal. Kudos to George and Nick.

Yeah Right

So proud of our guy! He's doing a wonderful job at bringing attention to the situation. It's so refreshing to see celebs use their fame for good. Not to mention getting their family involved. Not worthy To Nick and Nina for raising such a good guy.

Thanks to everyone for all the pics and videos! Give Flowers2
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:58

When you want to do something for others is essential to be aware and sober, do not confuse GEORGE with RUSSEL! What Russell has done is not worthy of esteem
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 17 Mar 2012, 22:05

poor boy
don't be so harsh!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 17 Mar 2012, 23:02

Oh, thank you, Cindigirl! (Sorry, just in from a lengthy motorway trip).I'm new to all this, so it's great to have contributed something which turned out to be so positive.

So. Here we have a man - a very famous, charismatic and considerate man who is prepared to take a stand on the plight of people in a far-off land who have no voice, does adverts to pay for the upkeep of a satelllite system, which he thought of, to track criminals wanted by the Court of Human Rights, and is prepared to leave Tinseltown after all the awards glitz to go to that far-off land to see for himself what actrocities are now taking place, to film it, report back to the world and warn of another Darfur in just a few weeks to the most influential shakers and movers in the country - oh, and by the way, the President - and to then peacefully protest outside the offices of the representative of the aforesaid criminals - and get arrested - briefly - to create more headlines to bring attention to the cause.

What's not to admire?

Oh, his girlfriend seems very sweet and just right for him. I hope he's lying in a darkened room now, getting some sleep!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 17 Mar 2012, 23:44

silly girl wrote:Yes deb he knew what he was doing...I don't think it is unusual to have planned protests with arrest as the result...it is a way to get publicity. If he wasn't involved it wouldn't have gotten the notice that it did.
Thumbs up! And what Dexter said, too! However, I don't think George or Nick were scared to be arrested.

..... along with Martin Luther King III and NAACP president Ben Jealous.

The group had planned the protest to draw attention to Sudanese leader Omar al-Bashir's rocket attacks on his people in Nuba Mountain region.
Why are people here so worried and/or scared? scratch The whole purpose WAS to be arrested to make a point.

I'm proud of ALL of them. Civil disobedience has always been a way to draw attention to an issue. I'm sure they will all be fined and have a "criminal" record, but I truly doubt any jail time. They are following in the footsteps of Martin Luther King and the long line of NAACP leaders to stand up for the civil rights of fellow human beings.

The 2 twitter sites that watching found, IMHO, is really said (not for her posting them here). IMHO, people who created the twitter accounts and those who tweeted there, are actually making a mockery of the situation or are they mocking George for being involved. In either case its sad that there are people out there who take genocide lightly.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 17 Mar 2012, 23:45

davidarochelle wrote:Celebs are sometimes dissed for being over-paid. Today G earned his salary, by using his fame and resulting media attention to save the lives of strangers in a far-away land. Perhaps other potential holocausts in the world will be avoided if dictators realize that they can no longer do whatever they wish without consequences.
Thumbs up!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 17 Mar 2012, 23:59

Astras wrote:There is so much vitriol and hatred directed at people like George - and I'll never understand it. The ugliness is maddening. I really get irked by those who accuse him of being "Un-American" when he directs his efforts towards a country other than the U.S. It used to be that an admired American trait was to be a good neighbor in this world - to lend a hand to those less fortunate, to those oppressed. Aside from that, if ignorant people would just do a little research, they would know that G has also spent much time, effort and money helping people in the USA. He's an incredibly generous man - with not only his money, but his time. Those qualities in a person should be celebrated, not torn down. Grrrrrrrr.
Thumbs up! They came out of the woodwork on his IMDB message board, too.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 18 Mar 2012, 00:02

I noticed that too it seems some are missing the point!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 18 Mar 2012, 00:04

Joanna wrote:Re your comments Astra...

Para 2. I have a theory about 'ugly' comments that are written by
many people in connection with any video or blog or twitter about anything. I think they are just from people who are bored and want attention or are just up for an ugly argument online.
They usually resort to short sentences, using 4 letter words with no real substance in what they say and are best ignored or laughed at.
That, jealousy of George in general and because there are many prejudice and hateful people in the world.

Last edited by sisieq on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 00:14; edited 1 time in total

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 18 Mar 2012, 00:09

cindigirl wrote:Hi Mel, did you check the video on page 3 here? It's me thought George might be affected in the same way. Celebrity can make you or break you if you're inexperienced. I just saw on CNN that Russell is hospitalized for stress-related symptoms such as masturbating naked on the street.
I'm going to guess that guys problems is more than just stress related - IMHO, sounds more like a heavy drug and alcohol user. "Stress" is used too often as an excuse by some PR people.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 18 Mar 2012, 00:31

I saw the video I think the word "stress" is a cover for drunk and drugged out. Something we will never see of George. We can all be proud of George some may not get what he is doing but we do. I think he and Nick did such a good thing and it is worth the mugshot and fingerprinting!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 18 Mar 2012, 04:26

I'm glad he's focusing on his humanitarian work for the moment, and most importantly, I'm glad he DID NOT take Stacy with him.

See this was always my issue with him. If he is going to date women who can be Googled to bring up provocative shots of them, which would then be available for all to see, whilst he is defending people in a country that have much higher moral expectations of their women due to their religious beliefs, then he loses credibility. IMO.

So that he did this with his dad is much more potent - Nick is a journalist and this is the appropriate type of person with whom George should be sharing these types of activities. NOT the GF of the moment.

Couple that with the conservatives in THIS country that are looking for ANY opportunity to rip him apart, (despite the fact that many themselves have issues with integrity - also IMO) then his photo ops and participation in events such as the protest outside the Embassy and the State Dinner from the evening before, have to be done WITHOUT the GFOTM.

I'm glad he attended without her and I'm glad he chose his dad and mum as the appropriate people to participate in this with him.

Stacy is appropriate for red carpet events - not political & humanitarian activities because then his personal life becomes the story and NOT the humanitarian crisis he's trying to bring to world wide attention.

I think he succeeded fantastically yesterday. Now it remains to be seen how much pressure can be put on China to intercede to get the Sudanese government to stop the bombing and to allow humanitarian aid into the Nuba region.

A colleague made an interesting observation yesterday as we discussed George's efforts.

He said that these dictators like the leader of Sudan, believe that they OWN the country and the people are there to serve them. But he said that leaders of countries (including despots like in Syria & Sudan) are supposed to serve the people! Not the other way around!

We are having that same issue here in the US. The fact that certain members of our Congress and Senate are more focused on making President Obama a one term president, even if it means it's to the detriment of the country at large, because they will not compromise on ANYTHING, and worse do not present any viable solutions, says a lot about those people in particular. It says that deep in their souls they are bigoted to the core and they try to mask it by saying President is a socialist which is a bunch of hogwash!

They are also not serving their constituents, they are serving themselves even if it means their constituents and the rest of the country suffers!

Frankly, I believe there is a special place in Hell for many of our current members of Congress and Senate. Their preoccupation with defeating EVERY thing President Obama tries to do is sickening IMO. Look if you don't agree with him then come up with another scenario that helps most of the people in this country - NOT just the deep pocketed political donors to which you have sold you soul! I've yet to see that.

And the next crop of potential Republican Presidential candidates is kinda scary! Santorum is so busy trying to get into everyone's bedroom and knickers -- telling them how they should act -- that you have to wonder why he is so preoccupied with other people's sexual preferences and activities! Makes one wonder if he gets enough! Got envy?

Romney is a very rich man who is completely out of touch with what the average American has to go thru to get thru each day. I see him as the Marie Antoinette of candidates.

Ron Paul has no chance of getting enough delegates and Newt is old news.

Dreading the next election cause too many people blame only President Obama for lack of movement in certain areas not realizing that there is a concerted effort to make it look like he is ineffective when in reality, it's the Congress and Senate that is doing nothing!

And yes, this all relates to George's activities - because that same group of DO NOTHING Senators and Congress members also have the power to make a difference in a situation like Sudan but they've not done much to help at all. I have to say I was surprised that several members of Congress got themselves arrested too, so perhaps there is some hope there - slim of course, but some.

Okay I'm off the soap box!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 18 Mar 2012, 07:50

Have we seen this video yet?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 18 Mar 2012, 08:16

Sorry if this one is already on George and John on CNN

Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 18 Mar 2012, 09:02

LornaDoone wrote:I'm glad he's focusing on his humanitarian work for the moment, and most importantly, I'm glad he DID NOT take Stacy with him.

See this was always my issue with him. If he is going to date women who can be Googled to bring up provocative shots of them, which would then be available for all to see, whilst he is defending people in a country that have much higher moral expectations of their women due to their religious beliefs, then he loses credibility. IMO.

So that he did this with his dad is much more potent - Nick is a journalist and this is the appropriate type of person with whom George should be sharing these types of activities. NOT the GF of the moment.

Couple that with the conservatives in THIS country that are looking for ANY opportunity to rip him apart, (despite the fact that many themselves have issues with integrity - also IMO) then his photo ops and participation in events such as the protest outside the Embassy and the State Dinner from the evening before, have to be done WITHOUT the GFOTM.

I'm glad he attended without her and I'm glad he chose his dad and mum as the appropriate people to participate in this with him.

Stacy is appropriate for red carpet events - not political & humanitarian activities because then his personal life becomes the story and NOT the humanitarian crisis he's trying to bring to world wide attention.

I think he succeeded fantastically yesterday. Now it remains to be seen how much pressure can be put on China to intercede to get the Sudanese government to stop the bombing and to allow humanitarian aid into the Nuba region.

A colleague made an interesting observation yesterday as we discussed George's efforts.

He said that these dictators like the leader of Sudan, believe that they OWN the country and the people are there to serve them. But he said that leaders of countries (including despots like in Syria & Sudan) are supposed to serve the people! Not the other way around!

We are having that same issue here in the US. The fact that certain members of our Congress and Senate are more focused on making President Obama a one term president, even if it means it's to the detriment of the country at large, because they will not compromise on ANYTHING, and worse do not present any viable solutions, says a lot about those people in particular. It says that deep in their souls they are bigoted to the core and they try to mask it by saying President is a socialist which is a bunch of hogwash!

They are also not serving their constituents, they are serving themselves even if it means their constituents and the rest of the country suffers!

Frankly, I believe there is a special place in Hell for many of our current members of Congress and Senate. Their preoccupation with defeating EVERY thing President Obama tries to do is sickening IMO. Look if you don't agree with him then come up with another scenario that helps most of the people in this country - NOT just the deep pocketed political donors to which you have sold you soul! I've yet to see that.

And the next crop of potential Republican Presidential candidates is kinda scary! Santorum is so busy trying to get into everyone's bedroom and knickers -- telling them how they should act -- that you have to wonder why he is so preoccupied with other people's sexual preferences and activities! Makes one wonder if he gets enough! Got envy?

Romney is a very rich man who is completely out of touch with what the average American has to go thru to get thru each day. I see him as the Marie Antoinette of candidates.

Ron Paul has no chance of getting enough delegates and Newt is old news.

Dreading the next election cause too many people blame only President Obama for lack of movement in certain areas not realizing that there is a concerted effort to make it look like he is ineffective when in reality, it's the Congress and Senate that is doing nothing!

And yes, this all relates to George's activities - because that same group of DO NOTHING Senators and Congress members also have the power to make a difference in a situation like Sudan but they've not done much to help at all. I have to say I was surprised that several members of Congress got themselves arrested too, so perhaps there is some hope there - slim of course, but some.

Okay I'm off the soap box!

Totally agree

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Mar 2012, 09:48

a voice from Italy

Clooney I admire you even more
byGina Margiotta

(fast google transl)
Latest news from the world: Yesterday March 16, George Clooney was arrested
in Washington during a peaceful protest
front of the embassy of the state of Sudan.
The famous actor was to be there with some activists who accused the
President of Sudan, Omar al-Bashir, have perpetuated a campaign
violence among the Nuba Mountains in South Kardofan, creating the
injury and death of many civilians, including women, men and
Children.
Among other grounds for complaint, the plaintiff was asking
that the government of Sudan allow aid to enter the country
Africa, before you could see the largest humanitarian crisis
of the world.
Along with the famous actor too old father Nick Clooney, always
protester convinced with regard to the defense of the populations
forced to live in hardship of war.
The actor was arrested along with another dozen people, including
which some politicians and leaders of various associations for
human rights.
The detention lasted for a few hours, between the eyes and cameras, the
time of arrest has been around the world through images and
unequivocal photographs.
Following that event, the Ambassador of Sudan Amira Hassan Daoud
Gornass, luck would have it on a visit to Genoa for a conference,
said the protest of the famous American star, declaring that
would have had to deal with other countries, because the situation in Sudan
seems to be a marked improvement.
The truth will not ever know until the end.
I also read ferocious criticism of Clooney.
Most of the accusations, tended to highlight
the event as an opportunity that could be studied and crafty
allow the applicant to be a bit 'of advertising, as a sort of
situation of convenience to show "good and solidarity" in the eyes of
world.
What a drag, however, all this criticism ...
Possible that a celebrity can not make a gesture of
solidarity and altruism without being accused of opportunism?
We want to realize that these characters are beings too!
human, before being of the stars? We want to point to always stop
those who fight for their ideals, painting them as people
despicable, ready to exploit the pain of the world.?
But who gives us the right to judge? Those who feel so arrogant to
suppose that a man with a media capacity, can use
issues important only to bring benefit to himself?
And sorry but I do not think an actor well-known and loved
needs this kind of attention.
Rather they are precisely the idea that celebrities can help
very significantly to do so to concentrate
attention to the great problems of the world.
That others think as they please .... I now I admire Clooney
even more.
I have always admired his charm, I always loved as
actor .... now I respect him as a man .... There were more like him ....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Mar 2012, 09:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

she is the Sudanese ambassador in Italy
(right now in Genova, if I'm not wrong)
who said better George look for something else
bec the situation in her country is going to resolve
soon

we ALL are waiting for that, Madam
show us the end of persecutions
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 18 Mar 2012, 16:54

Thanks It's Me for this!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Mar 2012, 18:16

prego! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 18 Mar 2012, 19:49

O/T

Their preoccupation with defeating EVERY thing President Obama tries to do is sickening IMO. Look if you don't agree with him then come up with another scenario that helps most of the people in this country - NOT just the deep pocketed political donors to which you have sold you soul! I've yet to see that.
I'm not a Republican nor am I trying to dis you, but the above can be said for all Presidents and the opposite party. The Democrats pushed the above agenda big time on Bush, too. Its wrong for every session of Congress.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 18 Mar 2012, 21:05

Forgive me if this is a duplicate video:

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 18 Mar 2012, 21:22

It doesn't matter Katie, as far as I'm concerned. The more the better!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 18 Mar 2012, 21:29

This one is from Fox news...

Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 18 Mar 2012, 21:41

Wow! so many great articles to read posted by everyone. I love you

Pari, You are about the most interesting person.
I love your logic and philosophy Give Flowers Hug1
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 18 Mar 2012, 22:27

You can all join in this petition action to stop impunity : Link Very Happy
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sun 18 Mar 2012, 23:22

I would like to thank everyone for sharing your photos, videos and commentary over here. It's so nice to have everything in one place. Very Happy I spoke to this yesterday and don't want to be redundant, but I am so proud of George, his father, mother and everyone who took part yesterday. Time will tell if it moves people to action, but I hope it was well worth the effort. I hope G is pleased by the attention the arrest received.

I don't know if we've all seen these photos or not...but George is always worth a second or third look. I love you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 18 Mar 2012, 23:27

Striking pictures. Thanks, Astras.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sun 18 Mar 2012, 23:36

Great photos!!! I love the one with his mother. Thanks to all of you who share.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sun 18 Mar 2012, 23:44

Lakin460 wrote:Striking pictures. Thanks, Astras.

He's a striking man. Wink Isn't his mother just lovely blubelle?

On a shallow note, If he's trying to kill me with that beard, he's succeeding. Gah. Also, is it weird for me to say that I love the way he stands - his gait, the way he walks? I can't quite explain it, but he has lovely, straight legs and slender hips; so it makes him appear to be firmly planted. Laughing
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 18 Mar 2012, 23:49

I like the black and white photos too....and his Mom is great...so nice to see them again with him. I am not really liking the beard but then I have never liked facial hair ---- I prefer him smooth shaven.....but that is just me...thanks for the photos!

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 18 Mar 2012, 23:54

I don't like facial hair either. I have a friend who compares facial hair to pubic hair. Please excuse me on this. It's just the way I feel about it.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:03

Beautiful photography! one question and it's been bugging me... who is the black gentleman with the beard?

He reminds me of my Uncle actually LOL Shocked
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:04

I like him with a beard Sofa bounce

Those B/W pictures are very atmospheric, thanks Astra.
Have you got the original link ?
Did you edit them to B/W ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:07

Michelle meyers wrote:Beautiful photography! one question and it's been bugging me... who is the black gentleman with the beard?

He's credited on one of the news videos of before and during the arrests. He's an activist and said he would eat no solid food until the Sudanese people
were safe.
I can't remember his name now.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:07

OMW! I love them Give Flowers
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:26

Joanna wrote:
Michelle meyers wrote:Beautiful photography! one question and it's been bugging me... who is the black gentleman with the beard?

He's credited on one of the news videos of before and during the arrests. He's an activist and said he would eat no solid food until the Sudanese people
were safe.
I can't remember his name now.

Sounds like an interesting fellow Very Happy
thanks
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:27

Thanks soooo much Astras! They're beautiful!!!!

I hope you don't mind that I stole one for my newest avatar?!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by caudata Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:48

Michelle, I think his name is Dick Gregory

Last edited by caudata on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention what my post was refering to)
caudata
caudata
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 19 Mar 2012, 02:41

Found this:

I Was George Clooney's Cellmate

I looked out on the crowd of protesters that had marched to the Sudanese embassy yesterday to protest Omar al-Bashir's mass murder of his people. Directly in front of me was a mob of reporters and photographers elbowing for position to hear what George Clooney had to say and catch the moment when he would be arrested and handcuffed.

My job was to explain why we were about to commit civil disobedience and introduce the speakers including those who would be arrested: Martin Luther King III, Ben Jealous, President of the NAACP, Nicole Lee, President of TransAfrica Forum, Bishop Andudu of South Kordofan, Sudan, Rabbi Steve Gutow, President of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, Rabbi David Saperstein, Director of the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, Dr. Barrett Duke of the Southern Baptist Convention, Congressmen Al Green, Jim McGovern, Jim Moran, and John Olver, Niemat Ahmadi, who is from Sudan and now works with us at United to End Genocide, John Prendergast and Omer Ismail of the Enough Project, Dick Gregory, George Clooney and his father, the journalist Nick Clooney.

After issuing a a final warning, the police arrested us on the embassy steps as NBC's Andrea Mitchell quizzed Clooney about why he was willing to go to jail. Cheers rang out as the plastic handcuffs were slapped on and one-by-one we were led away.

There were no cheering crowds and jostling photographers when we stepped out of the DC Police van into the precinct lock-up. A couple of officers checked us in, emptied our pockets, took my shoelaces but let me keep my prosthetic right leg -- I guess I wasn't considered much of a flight risk -- and led me into a cell to join my fellow law-breakers.

I took a seat on the bolted-down bench next to the lone table across from Clooney and his dad. Congressmen Jim McGovern and Jim Moran sat nearby. We talked about Omar al-Bashir and the Sudanese government, about Clooney's trip to the Nuba Mountains and his visit with President Obama, about Hollywood and being a very well known actor with very strong convictions.

Sharing a jail cell is a good way to form an impression of someone. Beyond his commitment to the issue that threw him behind bars I knew very little about George Clooney before I entered that jail cell. Having lived and worked in Washington D.C. for years, including time in the House of Representatives, I expected a guy with no shortage of ego and a distinctly elevated sense of self-importance. Unlike many of my former Congressional colleagues, he could be forgiven for at least a degree of these qualities.

What I found was a decent, level-headed, very knowledgeable and very down-to-earth guy. He was a key figure in the Save Darfur effort, had just returned from Sudan, and had thought a lot about what to do to avert the imminent danger of hundreds of thousands of innocent people being starved to death by the same man responsible for the genocide in Darfur. And he had also thought about strategy -- including what is needed not only to draw a crowd of reporters in Washington, but how to get the horror of what is happening in Sudan firmly into public consciousness, and how to translate that into the political will to do what needs to be done.

So, after we got to know one another a bit, my fellow cellmates and I decided we should put our captive audience status to use. We convened a strategy meeting to assess where things stand and how to push the proverbial envelope before it was too late for the hundreds of thousands of Sudanese people whose lives are at great risk.

John Prendergast, who had traveled with Clooney to Sudan, warned that we were just six weeks away from a full-fledged famine that would claim many lives. The Obama administration was working diplomatic channels hard but we needed to build public support for a strong U.S. role -- including putting Sudan prominently on the agenda of the upcoming meeting between President Obama and the President of China in South Korea. We discussed how Congress needed to start demonstrating interest and support for action. We could begin by getting the phones of Congressional offices ringing with a call for Members to become co-sponsors of Jim McGovern's and Frank Wolf's legislation -- HR 4169, "The Sudan Peace, Security and Accountability Act". We talked about how we needed to build support not only in the U.S. but abroad. Having that morning's hullabaloo at the Sudanese embassy become a news item around the world did not hurt. But, we talked about how to engage networks that stretched across national boundaries so that the crisis in Sudan -- and the need for a robust international response -- is taken seriously in capitols around the globe. Communities of faith were an obvious place to start.

One by one my fellow cell mates began to be summoned for finger-printing, mug shots, fines and release. Height, weight, date of birth and social security number were duly recorded as they entered the on-deck circle for release. A round of hugs and then it was out the cell door and into freedom. An hour later, John Prendergast and I wondered what it meant that the two of us were the last to be released. A final hug and then on to a television studio to talk about Sudan and being George Clooney's cellmate.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon 19 Mar 2012, 06:21

thx for the wonderful B/W pics
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 19 Mar 2012, 07:17

George is always worth a second or third look

Astras, only?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next