I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

DVD comentaries ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DVD comentaries ?

Post by macs on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 16:24

I had a pretty random question and I did search the board but didn't really find so I'd thought I'll ask (apologies if it's wrong to start a topic for it - or if it's in the wrong place)... but here he goes : i really don't find that George does that much DVD comentaries, and I wondered why (if there's a why) ?
Of course he does comentaries for the movies he directed (only logical), but I can't find any that he does as an actor. To be fair I don't own that much DVD of him (3 k/MC/UIA/O'11/GNGL) - and I've seen a few others, but I can't recall him doing comentaries for his actig parts. At least on the edition I have. Since DVD can be different from region 1 to 2 : do they come with more comentaries from your side of the ocean ? Or does he really not do comentaries that much (then what a pity!) ?
As I said, pretty random question but I was curious to know why he didn't do more (i suppose he could) ... the reason I ask is that I do love comentaries (well, when they're well done - but George is a smooth talker ; ), they can give you great insight on somebody's work, so I guess I'll be fine with more
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Re: DVD comentaries ?

Post by it's me on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 17:15

well
I guess you are right
I remember only Fail Safe

and sadly, for various reasons (one of the most important is that it's really difficult to me to understand some 'only speach no vid' thing) I don't remember having heard the full comment of his own films

what do I deserve? Shocked
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 17:38

Good question macs.
Are the commentaries only on blu ray ? I listened to a good one with George & Grant on Leatherheads blu ray.
I've got all of his films so will have a look at the cases in a mo
and let you know what I find.
BTW which side of the pond are you on ?? LOL
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 17:45

Hi macs - yes, it's true he only does DVD commentaries on films he directs to talk about how the scenes are set up and behind the scene action. I wish he did more comentaries because then I would buy more of his DVD's on his films. I love to hear his voice. LOL
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaGirl on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 19:35

I remember him doing a commentary for COADM dvd. If you include his tv shows, he also made comments for ER dvds. May have been Season 2. Not sure, I haven't watched those in a long time. Laughing
LyndaGirl
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 19:43

Perhaps the commentary of films is controlled by the Producer or Director of the film. I also find that some of those special features are now only available on the Blu Ray addition of a DVD. I guess it depends on how much the Producers want to spend. Some DVDs have outtakes and other features while others don't. Feel lucky when they do because they're fun to watch.
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 21:13

absolutely!

ER
maybe was it the live show Ambush??

hey!

It won 23 Emmy Awards, including the 1996 Outstanding Drama Series award, and received 124 Emmy nominations, which makes it the most nominated drama program in history.[1] ER won 116 awards in total, including the Peabody Award, while the cast earned four Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Ensemble Performance in a Drama Series.[2]

WOW!!!!
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 21:21

I have the Ides of March DVD with George and Grant commentary. I guess as patty says, it is lucky. Sometimes the commentary is better than the film itself.
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 21:24

bluecoso
io non ho il bluecoso.... Sad
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by macs on Wed 15 Feb 2012, 08:00

good point about ER, it did escape my mind at the time but you're right he did a commentary (i'll take a look but probably for one of his big episodes like hell and high water maybe... at least 1 from season 2 you're roght)
didn't know about fail safe, thanks. I've seen it but not on DVD so no extras (wasn't he very involved in the idea to re-do the project ? so I suppose it's close to his heart !)
for my part i'd love a commentary on Out of sight or Michael Clayton !
and there're a lot of people on the Ocean'11 extras (2 commentaries - actors and director/writer if I remember correctly) but... no George !
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:35

Just checked some DVD's.
On the blu ray of The American it says commentary, but don't know who by. It's usually the director.
If you check each film details on IDMB (?) you may find some ?
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy on Wed 15 Feb 2012, 13:58

The American DVD commentary is by the director, I forget his name now! But they do give an insight into how things are done, like on 3 Kings, they said Gee was ill thro some of the shooting...poor baby!!! But looking forward to Ides!!!
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:20

I think that the commentaries are usually done by the directors. Sometimes they get the actors or other people involved such as producers to join them too.

I don't know how many of you saw Tropic Thunder? In that, Robert Downey Jnr says he's so into his role (as an African American soldier) that he'll keep it up "right to the DVD commentary". If you listen to the DVD commentary he does indeed do it in character. I just loved that!
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum