George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's

+25
sisieq
lelacorb
annemarie
m4rose
Michelle meyers
melbert
The next mrs clooney
cindigirl
laetval
Atalante
Dexterdidit
bamboochacha
it's me
lovelylois
Missa
lucy
Joanna
Sabby
Maggy
EEOsandy
barla
silly girl
fluffy
Cinderella
Henway
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's

Post by pattygirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:29

Called Dan Tana's and inquired as to what HALF and HALF, meat sauce is. Was told it was two different pastas, with meat sauce.
Hope that settles that question.
LOL!
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney & Stacy Keibler Dine at Dan Tana's

Post by silly girl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:30

Love your Chutzpah Patty! cheers

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:32

PattyGirl, WOW!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:34

brave!
brava! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:38

Dexterdidit wrote:So can someone please tell what Half and Half with meat sauce is? I know what meat sauce is but not the half and half......thank you

Half and half sauce is definitely not an Italian dish: In Italy we do not ever mix two flavors. But it means that the dumplings are served with two different sauces: one could be the meat sauce and the other, or do a pesto or cream cheese. The seasonings are not mixed, are divided into the pot and you can taste the two variants.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:40

Wouldn't have done it if I didn't have a phone plan that includes long distance and I don'thave to pay extra for it. Really to frivilous kind of thing to do, don't you think?
I guess I really don't understand why anyone would want 2 different kinds of pasta, unless maybe it was something like half ravioli and half Mostachioli or other tube type pasta. You usually don't get quite enough ravioli on a plate to satisfy in a restaurant, so maybe some tube pasta, to augment the portion.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:58

pattygirl wrote:Wouldn't have done it if I didn't have a phone plan that includes long distance and I don'thave to pay extra for it. Really to frivilous kind of thing to do, don't you think?
I guess I really don't understand why anyone would want 2 different kinds of pasta, unless maybe it was something like half ravioli and half Mostachioli or other tube type pasta. You usually don't get quite enough ravioli on a plate to satisfy in a restaurant, so maybe some tube pasta, to augment the portion.

This is a way to sample two flavors without eating two servings, so dishes are usually served during lunches (weddings, New Year's Eve dinner, Christmas) where the courses are many and is a way to taste all the dishes most important a restaurant.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:08

This may be true, lela, but different pastas served in the same sauce, in this case meat sauce, really wouldn't be considered the most important to a restaurant. Even if the pastas tasted different, they wouldn't be the most important dishes. If it were two different meats, i.e. beef and lamb, both of which could be specialty treatments, I could understand it. I've seen it done as a Mixed Grill, a piece of steak, a loin lambchop and a piece of pork or some spare ribs. That type of sampling would make more sense.
Perhaps if it were maybe a half helping of ravioli and a half helping of lasagna it might make some sense, but I was told that it was stated that it could be mostacholi and another pasta like penne or rigatoni, served with their meat sauce.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:21

It does seem like a silly dish for a restaurant....heck I have done it home but only because I didn't have enough of one and had to make due with another.....although at least now I can give my "necessity" a name.... Laughing

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 20:26

sure
usually tris (3 of them)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 12 Feb 2012, 22:24

Pattygirl, thanks for calling and asking. Now I don't feel so dumb given I gave that as a possibility in my response to dex. :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:36

Thanks so much for that Pattygirl! I gave you a plus. I must admit I did think it would be something more exciting then 2 different types of pasta. That sounds dumb to me too. Thank you for ringing I hope they were nice to you. Did you say I have this australian friend......I did actually think it was going to be as Lelacorb described to different things like a tasting plate. I wonder why they even do that?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:45

to taste 2 thing
but in a small portion
or it would be impossible!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

homage to Italy Razz

and so on..... Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:46

oddio mi è venuta fame
I'm getting hungry...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 13 Feb 2012, 02:01

All look really great It's Me, EXCEPT plate #1!! ICK!!! It just looks disgusting...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Mon 13 Feb 2012, 03:35

it's me wrote:to taste 2 thing
but in a small portion
or it would be impossible!

homage to Italy Razz

and so on..... Very Happy

That food is from there? You're kidding aren't you? Gotta say - don't dig it. flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 13 Feb 2012, 04:50

Sorry, Dex, didn't say I have an Aussie friend. Told them I was looking at their menu to order takeout later (it was morning there) and wondered what that was. First person I spoke to didn't know as she'd never had it, but eats the meat sauce everyday. She asked and we both got our answer. I love Italian food, but can't imagine eating meat sauce everyday. Boring.

bam, I'm not sure, but I think those dishes in the picture are from somewhere else, perhaps since it's me sent them, they are from Italy.
Dish #1 looks like a sampling of 3 different risottos. The second dish I find a bit scary, the green things on the lefthand side of plate (looking at it) look like grubs or larvae of some insect. I'm sure it's not, but that's how it looks to me. Third is a sampling of 3 different pasta dishes and the fourth, I'm just not sure of. Doesn't look too interesting.
I'd take #1 & #3.
LOL!
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 13 Feb 2012, 06:15

bah! larvae?
brahahahahahaha!!!
riso
rice
RISOTTO
with herbs to make it green!

I found them here and there
dunno where from
surely Italian

Mel
why disgusting?
this is risotto mantecato
soft... smooth.... really tasty, if well done

anyway
here we are

gnocchi!

Razz Razz Razz
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 13 Feb 2012, 07:20

it all looks good except for #1

The last one looks the best

BUT if it has pesto i will like it. pesto and I are in love
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 13 Feb 2012, 07:28

surely PESTO!
look at the basil Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 13 Feb 2012, 16:28

TMZ video
A good way to dont answer the question!!! LOL!
I knew that he had something intside the cap lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 16:52

Good One George !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 13 Feb 2012, 17:30

silly girl wrote:It does seem like a silly dish for a restaurant....heck I have done it home but only because I didn't have enough of one and had to make due with another.....although at least now I can give my "necessity" a name.... Laughing

I can top you all in this pasta department. At one time, I combined penne, fettuchini, tortellini, and shells because they were all leftovers, and served them as dinner. Strange combination of pastas, but, hey, I used up all the leftovers.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 13 Feb 2012, 17:50

I should let you ladies know... i am feeling even sillier today

You can top me in the pasta dept. i'll just go find somethiii... one else to top Whistle
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 13 Feb 2012, 18:58

We'll just eat pizza from George's oven when we go, okay Cindigirl!?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 13 Feb 2012, 19:04

Sorry Mel, I deleted that post. Didn't think anyone would be interested in my dietary discretions. LUV pizza though. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 13 Feb 2012, 22:14

I noticed!! As soon as I posted, I went back and "POOF" you was gone!!! I thought I had totally lost my mind for a second... I knew I didn't imagine seeing it... you really shouldn't mess with an old lady's brain!!! Give Flowers
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3