George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 7 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 7 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 7 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 7 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 7 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012

+40
Vi
Bidbod
EEOsandy
Lighterside
socimar
Michelle meyers
The next mrs clooney
MyGirlKylie
Duffy
MM
sisieq
madsky
NotAvailable
fluffy
Pari
fava
bellybaby
LornaDoone
m4rose
zizi
Maggy
premiere
silly girl
Missa
Dexterdidit
davidarochelle
melbert
pattygirl
Joanna
it's me
cindigirl
hathaross
Katiedot
annemarie
lucy
Atalante
Cinderella
dakota007
ally12
lelacorb
44 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 7 Empty Re: George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012

Post by lucy Fri 10 Feb 2012, 13:59

Don't worry about it silly girl if not you some one else would of noticed. We all look at pics with intensity, and contemplate why,who,when?Thank You for bringing it!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012 - Page 7 Empty Re: George Clooney shows Charlie Rose round his house on CBS TV's "Person to Person" 8 Feb 2012

Post by fluffy Fri 10 Feb 2012, 14:03

Silly Girl, it's people like you we need to spot those things! I can see it now but didn't before. Don't feel bad, it's all part of our "game" that we play with George. It's allowed!!!! And the Award for "Most Eagle Eyed devotee" goes to................ Not worthy
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 10 Feb 2012, 14:06

....Silly Girl cheers
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Fri 10 Feb 2012, 14:19

What interesting to me, is if we all saw it in the blink of an eye, I am sure Lara Logan, Charlie Rose and the producers of the show noticed it, but they all knew not to ask questions about the Stacy and George pictures.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 10 Feb 2012, 15:00

Thanks my friends...I appreciate your support! I love you

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 10 Feb 2012, 16:16

Stonehenge was actually his code with his assistant. Remember when brittney spears barricaded herself in her house with her kids and the police came. Georgetalked about the helicopters circling above his house and that his assistant was staying in his guest house and he called over there thinking that there might be an intruder or mad man on the lose. He told his assistant to say Stonehenge if someone was in the house. This was quite a while ago not sure if Icahn find the video out there but I remember the story clearly.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 10 Feb 2012, 16:33

See the Sara Talley thread for the tabloid article about another time he used "Stonehenge."

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Fri 10 Feb 2012, 16:56

I'm going off this site for a week or so again....
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 10 Feb 2012, 18:34

it's me wrote:those are, IMO, from this set
with Renee
after Leatherheads

I remember seeing them in a magazine.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 10 Feb 2012, 18:49

Vi wrote:I think it's a very very normal way to show the world how much you love the love of your life

Say wha? No, VI!!

No love Stretchered out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 10 Feb 2012, 19:12

Love comes in many guises Maggy.

I noticed when he was in the bar George said that "he had a place"
in Mexico, which usually means owns. So, three houses for his pension plan.
Sensible fella ! Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 10 Feb 2012, 20:59

bellybaby wrote:I find the placement of the pics weird, only because of the pics they're next to....you have a pic of JFK, then him and Obama, and then......him and Cray...... Rolling Eyes

Yeah Right LOL!
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 10 Feb 2012, 21:54

lucy wrote:Also those G&S pics remind me of ones he die with JR&RZ
They look the same as RZ is because IMHO Cray desperately imitates prior females. Someone mentioned Marie Claire, but I think RZ and George did the photo shoot for W Magazine. They are practically the same poses. If they are B&W, than I want to say professional photos and could have been taken the first lunch. Who takes "fun" photos in B&W?

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 10 Feb 2012, 22:00

They could have been done when George had his picture taken by Annie Leibowitz a few months back. Remember Stacy tweeting about how great it was to meet her? She was present for the shoot, she could have joined George for a couple of shots for fun. They're super small for professional pics, though, they look like they aren't even 5x7, maybe 3x5. Maybe they're proofs from the Leibowitz shoot, although the idea that either of them would frame proofs and hang them up to...wait, the "proofs" are "proof" of their relationship! Just the sort of wordplay Mr. Stonehenge would engage in. Cool
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 10 Feb 2012, 22:07

silly girl wrote:...after all SR does follow the COH twitter site....such a fuss... Laughing
That's his job. He follows all things Clooney. As many of us have said in the past, I'm sure there is someone from his office who reads all things Clooney. That includes public blogs, forums, message boards.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 10 Feb 2012, 22:11

Missa wrote: frame proofs and hang them up to...wait, the "proofs" are "proof" of their relationship! Just the sort of wordplay Mr. Stonehenge would engage in. Cool
Very funny!!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 10 Feb 2012, 22:16

EEOsandy wrote:Outtakes from last night here...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thank gawd these were out takes!!! Boring and way too over the top.

The segment itself was okay. CBS should have left out about any mention of awards and/or movies up for awards.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 11 Feb 2012, 07:23

thanks
find that really interesting
and funny ( affraid crazy warning George and Hug1 poor RK!!!!)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:57

sisieq wrote:
EEOsandy wrote:Outtakes from last night here...

Thank gawd these were out takes!!! Boring and way too over the top.

The segment itself was okay. CBS should have left out about any mention of awards and/or movies up for awards.

Why's that sisieq?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 11 Feb 2012, 15:04

Sis, It would have been rather strange if P to P hadn't mentioned the movies or awards, don't you think? After all, not every person who is going to watch the program is an avid George Clooney fan and it would be odd not to mention his achievements.
Some of those watching would have been Bon Jovi fans and I'm sure many would have been fascinated to see Warren Buffett, who is a very interesting man.
As for the outtakes, were they really boring? Is anything that gives an incite to George's personality and character really boring? Was it because you've heard it all, which is again something the average viewer wouldn't have? I imagine these segments were cut from the show because of time constraints more than anything.
As most of my fellow COHers are very likely too young to remember the original Person to Person, this is the type of show it was. Really a "fluff" piece giving the average incomed American a view into the life and style of the above average incomed personality, be it movie star, musical star, theater personality, TV star, politician, or the famously wealthy who were willing to let the average or below average incomed Americans get a glimpse of their existences. The contrasts between the personalities interviewed and their living conditions was as varied back then as it was on the new show.
It gave us all a chance to live vicariously and perhaps dream that we could (maybe) have that.
Very Happy
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 11 Feb 2012, 15:11

I loved it that Warren Buffett said he played Bridge on his computer in the evenings. I was surprised. I think that's kind of cool! Laughing
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 11 Feb 2012, 17:45

I still loved the mini tour of his house. Would have LOVED to see upstairs, but that would be too private for our private George...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 12 Feb 2012, 00:02

pattygirl wrote:Sis, It would have been rather strange if P to P hadn't mentioned the movies or awards, don't you think?
No, because its right before the Oscars. Big mistake!! IMHO and I'm not the only one - IMHO the title of the article is a mockery. And this is Vanity Fair no less.

George Clooney Gives You a Tour of His Home, Just Because (of Awards Season)
By Julie Miller
6:00 PM, February 9 2012

As we’ve seen in the past few weeks, awards-season campaigning is a complex beast that requires our most respected, nominated talents to show up in the unlikeliest of places. To wit, just this week, Martin Scorsese stopped by for a “casual” segment on Ellen and Meryl Streep attended an A.A.R.P. awards show to claim a golden lounge chair for winning “best grownup love story.” (It sounds like Hollywood fan fiction, but it’s true.) On Wednesday night, George Clooney continued the season’s tradition on CBS’s Person to Person, giving hosts Charlie Rose and Lara Logan a via-satellite tour of his house (and refrigerator) that could rival any episode of Cribs.

(rest of article at link - along with the transcript)

As for the outtakes, were they really boring?
For me going on and on and on about Max was boring. I would have been the same if I didn't know anything about Max. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Is anything that gives an incite to George's personality and character really boring?
Yes, sometimes, IMHO.

Was it because you've heard it all, which is again something the average viewer wouldn't have? I imagine these segments were cut from the show because of time constraints more than anything.
As most of my fellow COHers are very likely too young to remember the original Person to Person, this is the type of show it was. Really a "fluff" piece giving the average incomed American a view into the life and style of the above average incomed personality, be it movie star, musical star, theater personality, TV star, politician, or the famously wealthy who were willing to let the average or below average incomed Americans get a glimpse of their existences. The contrasts between the personalities interviewed and their living conditions was as varied back then as it was on the new show.
It gave us all a chance to live vicariously and perhaps dream that we could (maybe) have that.
Very Happy
Um, I wasn't around for the original either. Thanks for the lecture. Again, it was only my opinion. Sorry my not liking it upset you. Sad

Last edited by sisieq on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 02:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I posted something that came across too harsh, and changed it.)

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 12 Feb 2012, 02:41

sis, you didn't upset me and I certainly didn't intend to lecture you. I just felt another opinion wouldn't hurt.
Also my opinion coming up!
Just because a Vaniety Fair reporter says something, it doesn't mean it's gospel. It's just another gossip magazine.
Think on this - CBS didn't decide to bring back Person to Person as a last minute whim. It has probably been on the burner for quite a while. They must have a impressive list of personalities for their programming. Their choices just happened to coinside with both the Oscars (for George) and the Grammys (for Bon Jovi). I'm sure when we get further into the political campaigning, we'll be seeing a plethora of politicans and candidates, mixed in with celebrities.
As I said originally, I didn't think there were many who were around then. Only a few of us "old bags" around to keep you young fillies in line.
LOL!
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 12 Feb 2012, 04:26

Vi wrote:I think it's a very very normal way to show the world how much you love the love of your life

Love of his life?

Um, love of the moment.

I'm sure Stacey has an expiration date just like every other women George has dated.

I do think she has cleaned up her act when it comes to her attire at the red carpet affairs. She's looked quite lovely in the past few events.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 12 Feb 2012, 06:18

I think she has looked ok but far from stunning or really great. I don't think it's going to matter once the Oscars are over anyway.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 12 Feb 2012, 08:15

LornaDoone wrote: I do think she has cleaned up her act when it comes to her attire at the red carpet affairs. She's looked quite lovely in the past few events.

Now all she has to do is figure out a decent hairdo for a formal event and she actually might look put together at one of these events. She needs a haridresser who actually knows what they are doing - not one who does work that appears to be the best student of a Nebraska strip mall budget chain hairdressing school. She needs an established and experienced Hollywood stylist to do styles that are flattering and soft.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:16

Just watched the segment on their website - so that was dull TV. Nice house and all but if you weren't a fan you would have changed the channel after two minutes as boredom would have set in.

On a decorating note, what was Rande sniffing?? Dude, tone it down. How big was the TV on the deck? Really, was that necessary when that area was between the tv in the kitchen and just before the screening room and just a step away from the tv in the living room?
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:28

The large TV on the deck ? Presumably for watching while out on the patio
from a distance away ?
Especially good for football and other sports viewing. The bigger the better for that IMO
I got the impression that his house was designed for entertaining large groups of his friends
with a mixture of male, female & children of all ages. So for that purpose the bigger the TV screen the better IMO
If I was 10 years younger I'd have an outdoor covered area like that put onto
the back of my house.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:49

I have to agree! It is for entertaining groups (family and friends). I think the setup was well thought out. Nicely placed and provides entertainment for every situation. JMHO
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:51

@Watching...I think the tv is too big also, for that space, but it would be perfect to put on a great movie, drink some beers, floating in the pool - a dive-in movie!

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:56

bellybaby wrote:@Watching...I think the tv is too big also, for that space, but it would be perfect to put on a great movie, drink some beers, floating in the pool - a dive-in movie!

Perfect for that and.....Sofa bounce Basket Drink 3 fart
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 14 Feb 2012, 15:05

YESSS!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 14 Feb 2012, 21:59

melbert wrote:I still loved the mini tour of his house. Would have LOVED to see upstairs, but that would be too private for our private George...

There is an 'UPSTAIRS'? wow!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 15 Feb 2012, 02:27

yes Maggy, where all the "magic" happens.... In my dreams anyway!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Feb 2012, 18:01

I finally got round to seeing the video of this programme and I can't believe that George said he'd tried doing a cleanse at Christmas!

Interesting that although they had plenty of time to talk about alcohol he didn't mention then that he'd given up drinking. He said that he drinks vodka and tequila.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 21 Feb 2012, 20:31

Now that we know he had a malaria relapse around Christmas from the Hollywood Reporter interview, it's possible he just felt so lousy he thought he'd better start taking better care of himself and a cleanse might be a good start. Sounded like it would be his last though Very Happy
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 22 Feb 2012, 00:44

around Christmas ?
are u sure??
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 22 Feb 2012, 00:47

That's what he says in the interview.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 22 Feb 2012, 02:14

That was Christmas LAST year as in 2010, not this past Christmas and New Years.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 22 Feb 2012, 02:31

melbert wrote:That was Christmas LAST year as in 2010, not this past Christmas and New Years.

..."I got malaria two years ago, and it really knocked me out. I've had a couple of recurrences. I didn't understand that it keeps coming back." His last attack was during the Christmas holiday...

Since the interview was conducted this month, it seems to me "the Christmas holiday" refers to this past Christmas. Why do you think he means 2010?
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 22 Feb 2012, 02:43

The reason I said that Missa is that he said he had a couple (which I took to mean 2) recurrences. He contracted malaria I believe during his spring/summer visit in 2010 and then it recurred at Christmas/New Years when he mentioned it on the Piers Morgan interview. I may be wrong...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:46

melbert wrote:That was Christmas LAST year as in 2010, not this past Christmas and New Years.

thanks Mel Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 22 Feb 2012, 12:58

for the first time in 2006 and Malaria in 2011 (January) when he was in Sudan with John Prendergast. But we do not cure malaria, but you can cure it is subject to relapse and that's what must have happened to him
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 22 Feb 2012, 13:44

Wasn't he in Mexico for Christmas 2011 ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Feb 2012, 14:47

He said he got malaria in 2010 or even 2009 - I can't remember when it was he went with his father. For some reason it only got big press coverage last year.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 22 Feb 2012, 14:56

[quote="Katiedot"]He said he got malaria in 2010 or even 2009 - I can't remember when it was he went with his father. For some reason it only got big press coverage last year.[/quote
With his father went in 2006 (Darfur) and shot the documentary and then went to Sudan in January 2011 was the end of January 2011 that George did the interview with Piers Morgan. I think he had a relapse last Christmas

George Clooney Contracts Malaria During Trip to Sudan
20 gennaio 2011 - 12:48 da MARIANNE GARVEY

Fame Pictures
George Clooney's philanthropy has hit too close to home. The actor contracted malaria while in Sudan recently, his rep confirms to E! News.

Piers Morgan broke the news with a tweet while taping an eipsode of his show, which airs tomorrow night.

"George Clooney has contracted malaria following a recent trip to Sudan," Morgan tweeted.

See how Clooney's health is here...

MORE: Clooney also worked the phones for Haiti

It's actually the second time Clooney has gotten malaria Morgan told us with another tweet.

"More Clooney, it's his 2nd bout of malaria. Taking medication but feeling rough."

But the actor's rep tells E! News he is fine.

"George is completely over the Malaria he contracted while in the Sudan during the first week in January," the rep said.

And Clooney himself says it's not a death sentence, revealing he simply took meds for the disease, which includes flu-like symptoms such as shaking, the chiils and fever and is carried by infected mosquitos.

"This illustrates how with proper medication, the most lethal condition in Africa can be reduced to a bad ten days instead of a death," Clooney said.

The actor had traveled to Sudan last month to work with the U.N. on trying to prevent new fighting from breaking out in the war torn country.

Clooney's aim was to get the U.S. and the international community ready to prevent possible violence connected to Sudan's Jan. 9 referendum that would allow the country's southern region to split from the rest of the war-ravaged nation. Voters have elected to secede, which will divide the country in two.

Clooney had written a piece for the Hufington Post on his work in the country. His appearance Morgan's show was taped on Jan. 13.

Continua a leggere: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Feb 2012, 15:06

Yep, those 2011 reports were from the SECOND time he had it.

Sad news. George Clooney has spent a significant amount of time in Sudan over the past few months, and during a stay in early January, he contracted malaria. Sad! Of course, malaria is a treatable condition, and this is George’s second time at the malaria fun-house. I hear they let you drink gin and tonic! That’s about it. Basically, you feel like hot death and you wish someone would shoot you in the face.

George Clooney is known for his practical jokes but a recent bout with a serious illness was no laughing matter.

The actor, 49, contracted Malaria during a trip to Africa recently as part of a push for aggressive diplomacy to avoid another potential genocide in the Sudan region. But, his rep says, he’s subsequently made a full recovery despite new reports to the contrary.

“George is completely over the Malaria he contracted while in the Sudan during the first week in January,” his rep tells PEOPLE. “This illustrates how with proper medication, the most lethal condition in Africa, can be reduced to a bad ten days instead of a death sentence.”

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Web site, “Malaria is a serious and sometimes fatal disease caused by a parasite that commonly infects a certain type of mosquito which feeds on humans.”

The news of his illness broke Thursday via the host of CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight, who Tweeted that Clooney is still fighting the illness: “It’s his 2nd bout of malaria. Taking medication but feeling rough,” Morgan claimed.

Morgan says Clooney, who taped his interview on Jan. 13, is due to be a guest on his show on Friday and will talk about the condition then.

The first mention I can find is in 2008: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney, though, is not Heat-fodder, but an honorary politician. He knows more about Darfur than many premiers and has better contacts with the rebel leaders who hold the key to peace. He has mastered his subject, caught malaria, felt despair
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 22 Feb 2012, 15:52

melbert wrote:I still loved the mini tour of his house. Would have LOVED to see upstairs, but that would be too private for our private George...

Yes and yes. Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7