George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely

+5
Clear As Mud
melbert
lucy
it's me
Katiedot
9 posters

Go down

Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely Empty Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely

Post by Katiedot Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:13

Dubious quote (can anyone remember where it came from?)

From Cabo olture net

Dreaming of being a bachelor

Kate Clifford | 30th January 2012

A life free of the "unbearable" ties of marriage - to do whatever you want whenever you want, without arguments, concerns or guilt.

A man considered adventurous, confident and financially successful and someone who has adapted to filling life with partying, extreme sports and expensive holidays.

Of course, there are women ... in some cases plenty.

But none fit the strict criteria of what a wife should be and are simply considered a well-deserved fling.

To some men, bachelorhood is considered the ultimate lifestyle: a success story in the eyes of those "tied-down" types.

But even Hollywood's most iconic bachelor George Clooney (and two-time winner of People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive) has admitted his life as a bachelor gets lonely. "The holidays are the toughest time for me. I just try to get through them. Being a bachelor has its rough spots," Clooney was reported as saying.

So if not for the thrill of seeking out gorgeous women, planning a weekend away and not having to worry how it may affect the significant other, why do men choose to stay single?

The question was recently asked on a popular online blog site, with answers revealing both concern of marrying the wrong person and heartbreak as typical reasons for bachelorhood.

"I'm sick of tired of being cheated on behind my back and hurt - that's why," one blogger wrote.

Another wrote, "Some don't like to answer to anyone. They want the freedom. I am like that as well. I don't ever want to marry again."

And another said, "Some men simply don't want that kind of commitment in their lives."

Sunshine Coast confirmed bachelor Garry Lloyd said it was the freedom of bachelorhood that he most enjoyed.

"You can do what you want, when you want and spend your money on things you want to do," Mr Lloyd, 60, said.

"I build cars, go on holidays and do things for myself and I don't have to consider anyone else, because it is just me."

Mr Lloyd said he had been in many de-facto relationships, although none had ended in marriage.

"I just didn't get down the aisle. I thought about it but then it never seemed to work out," he said.

"Sometimes you love them and they love you and sometimes they love you and you don't love them."

He said many of his close friends had recently joined him in bachelorhood.

"Some of my friends have divorced and they find it really difficult because they have to split up their whole lives - their house, their kids and finances," he said.

Another female blogger, and a psychologist, said she did not see anything wrong with men who feel that a life-long commitment to the same person is not right for them.

"Many people lead rich and fulfilling lives having never married," she said.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely Empty Re: Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely

Post by it's me Mon 30 Jan 2012, 13:23

hmmm

holidays are tough
yep
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely Empty Re: Even George Clooney admits life as a bachelor gets lonely

Post by lucy Mon 30 Jan 2012, 13:37

I agree holidays do get lonely, with my kids getting older and making their own traditions, relatives in far away places, and me not wanting to travel, I'am starting to understand what lonely can be. George has always had his own holiday traditions but with all of his closest friends married with kids I bet it's tough to get everyone together year after year. Doubt if it would change his mind about settling down for long with one woman. No can't remember GC ever saying life is lonely.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 30 Jan 2012, 19:22

I remember it, but not from where I heard it.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear As Mud Sun 19 Feb 2012, 19:55

I'm going to guess it was while he was making Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Crazy busy time and he barely slept.
Clear As Mud
Clear As Mud
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 19 Feb 2012, 20:05

Actually he mentioned his problem sleeping when he did the Ophrah Winfrey intererview with Julia Roberts a while back. Julia asked him what his favorite time of day was and he said emphatically "early in the morning, I can't sleep."

I think the poor man just can't turn his mind off long enough to drift off to sleep.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 19 Feb 2012, 20:07

Must be, work work work, so who wants to act ? Link bounce
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 19 Feb 2012, 20:20

Atalante wrote:Must be, work work work, so who wants to act ? Link bounce

Interesting...I hope Einstein & Uggie will be cast in the film ? Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 20 Feb 2012, 00:19

work again
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 20 Feb 2012, 00:39

No money for New York. my mom gave me the money to go see my friend in vegas. 'sokay, i had last year....... Very Happy sunny

last year, with my money from Sparkle ( i could've saved for divorce but knew it wouldn't suffice)
i went to try out as a dancer for Wicked! Exciting yes! did i get the part obviously not but the experience for trying for a big Broadway play was priceless!

detroit has no more movies being filmed here anymore but hey, Happily Divorced with Fran Drescher is premiering on my birthday....! there may be a double here i will finally be divorced and may be I will be a nanny again ROFLMAO
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down