George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George wants to attend the London Olympics EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George wants to attend the London Olympics EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George wants to attend the London Olympics EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George wants to attend the London Olympics EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George wants to attend the London Olympics EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George wants to attend the London Olympics EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George wants to attend the London Olympics EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George wants to attend the London Olympics EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George wants to attend the London Olympics EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George wants to attend the London Olympics

+16
davidarochelle
Joanna
zizi
The next mrs clooney
it's me
Vi
Pari
lelacorb
Cinderella
fluffy
Atalante
sadDonkey
Dexterdidit
Katiedot
Natascha
watching
20 posters

Go down

George wants to attend the London Olympics Empty George wants to attend the London Olympics

Post by watching Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:19

Ireland bike trip, Greece summer vacation and now London Olympics - George is going to busy travelling this year if he goes to all the places he is telling the press he is interested in going to whilst award campaigning.

CLOONEY HOPING FOR OLYMPICS TRIP
Friday January 27,2012

GEORGE CLOONEY is desperate to get his hands on tickets to this year's (12) Olympics in London.

The Ocean's Eleven star's schedule is booked up for the next few weeks as he attends a series of Hollywood awards shows, which come to an end after next month's (Feb12) Oscars ceremony, where he is nominated for a Best Actor prize.

Once awards season wraps up, Clooney has set his sights on attending the biggest sporting extravaganza in the world, which comes to the capital in the summer (12).

He tells The Sun, "I think it's fantastic that the Olympics are coming to London. I think you should always try to take politics out of sport and the London bid did that.

"Track and field is something that I really want to come back and see. I'm trying to see if I can get some tickets. I'm a big fan of London. There are only a handful of great cities in the world and it's one of them.

"There are some cities that are made for the world, not just the country they are in and London is definitely one of them."

Source
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George wants to attend the London Olympics Empty Re: George wants to attend the London Olympics

Post by watching Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:32

Well it's getting coverage. I do find it interesting that he is one of the few celebs that can make a comment or a couple of sentences about something and it turns into an actual news story.

PoetryPleezeJoe Cushnan
@TheSunNewspaper If George Clooney can't charm some Olympic tickets out of somewhere, the world is in a worse state than we realise.
59 minutes ago

TheSunNewspaperThe Sun Newspaper
George Clooney is desperate to land Olympic tickets this summer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] #georgeclooney
1 hour ago

TheSun_BizarreThe Sun Bizarre team
Can anyone help George Clooney land some Olympic tickets? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] #georgeclooney
1 hour ago

HalaAjajiهلا العجاجي
Even George Clooney is having trouble getting an Olympic ticket ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] via @HuffPostUK
1 hour ago

KatyBudgeKaty Budge
Olympic desire ... George Clooney: By GORDON SMART, Showbiz Editor GEORGE Clooney could pull any woman in the wo... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3 hours ago

conr62conrad readman
george clooney needs olympic athletic tkts - better ask a sponsor george
3 hours ago

watching
watching

Back to top Go down

George wants to attend the London Olympics Empty Re: George wants to attend the London Olympics

Post by Natascha Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:57

Maybe he should try the paralympics as well?
They don't get as much coverage as the Olympics, but would really deserve it.

....not to forget that I'll have a teddy bear show in London during the paralympics close to Olympia and of course I would try to get a climpse of him.

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 Jan 2012, 11:35

A slightly different version from The Sun

Clooney wants to come to London Olympics

GEORGE Clooney could pull any woman in the world – but he can't get his paws on Olympic tickets for love nor money.

The Hollywood star is the favourite to land the Best Actor Oscar this year but his mind is on a bigger prize — front-row seats for the athletics in Stratford this summer.

George said: "I think it's fantastic that the Olympics are coming to London. I think you should always try to take politics out of sport and the London bid did that.

"Track and field is something that I really want to come back and see. I'm trying to see if I can get some tickets. I'm a big fan of London. There are only a handful of great cities in the world and it's one of them.

"There are some cities that are made for the world, not just the country they are in and London is definitely one of them."

His gaff on Lake Como can't have slipped into the ticket allocation area.

Big George's latest film, The Descendants, has been nominated for a load of Academy Awards next month.

But after two decades of rubbing shoulders with A-listers, the idea of another fancy ceremony isn't doing it for him.

When asked if he was looking forward to the show, he said: "I'll tell you what I am looking forward to — a nice slow dinner with my girlfriend."

His other half is former wrestler Stacy Keibler so "slow" isn't something I imagine she's good at.

The silver fox has been acting for more than 25 years now but he isn't planning on sharing his pearls of wisdom with the younger generation.

He said: "As you can imagine, I'm the guy you go to for education — er, not! Mostly I just try not to get in the way of film and internet-savvy young kids.

"Being young and working on movies is stressful. You can't imagine how difficult it is at that age."

I had a drink with George at the BAFTAs a few years ago and he was full of pearls of wisdom about life — and hellraising. He would be the ultimate drinking partner on a night out for a single man.

Just think of all his cast-offs...
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 27 Jan 2012, 11:39

I'm sure George could get tickets if he really wanted them. He is going to have a very busy summer. Yes he should go to the paraolympics too but sadly most people ignore them. I used to hate them but that was because EVERYONE thought because I was disabled I should try out for them. I would remind them that I actually don't like sport so why would I even consider that? I was told it wasn't a good attitude according to some when your disabled you need to do things to prove to people who aren't disabled your trying. I bet you can guess what my reply was......
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:09

No, but I hope you said go fuck yourself

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:10

How stupid some people are....
Imagine somebody would tell me "you are not disabled, so try for the Olympics"
(Everybody who knows me would laugh about this, because I really don't have any talent for sports, just try a little workout from time to time to stay in shape)

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 27 Jan 2012, 13:28

Track and field ???

And what kind of disablement do you have ?

Oh yes, now he does WANTS to go to see some games, celeb or not ! Razz
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 27 Jan 2012, 13:55

Well the ticket allocation is disgracefull and shamefull, they're now saying that any "babies" that weren't born at the time of purchase of tickets now have to have one to get in if the family is going, and perhaps need their own seat too!!! Can't see how that would work if it's a popular event and all the seats have gone!! I'm staying well away, sorry Gee my love, have to catch you another time! Gee can get any ticket anytime since the "corporate" clan have them all so would welcome an A lister to boost ratings!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 27 Jan 2012, 14:04

@Dexter Some people don't think before they say things. One thing I've noticed in the world. Sorry that you have to be reminded of that! Remember though, you are loved and I love you just the way you are! Give Flowers You are a joy!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 27 Jan 2012, 15:09

Do you know which is the biggest problem for the country organizing the Olympics? Sell ​​all the tickets and fill the stadiums! The country that organizes the Olympics typically earns only debts .... if George wants tickets for athletics need to talk to an agency and will buy. I saw the Olympic Games in Athens and I bought tickets for athletics only a few days before.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 27 Jan 2012, 15:19

the link to buy tickets for the Olympics, it's very easy!

the link to buy tickets for the Olympics
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 27 Jan 2012, 16:13

Oh Dex... love you too, just the way you are... Hug1

I believe each of us ARE assigned a disablement... some have it in the body, some in the mind, some others in the soul / spirit... Some we are able to see, while most of it lies hidden...

IF we did not have these "spaces" in us, we will then have no place for our Creator to fill INTO US more obviously/starkly... And that is mostly where HE enjoys working from, for us to love one another inside out and with meaning... WIth all of that, HIM+us, put together... cheers

No lecture this... just some love Smile
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri 27 Jan 2012, 16:21

Paralympics

He should go to the Paralympics

to support these people

If I would be George Clooney
I would support the Paralympics

These people deserve it

Just My Honest Opion !!!!!!!!!!!
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 27 Jan 2012, 16:30

Aaaaaw you make me go pulp with your Avatar Vi Very Happy Just cannot stop loving that lion guy in it!!! Smile

Ooooops wrong thread... should go to the Kitchen I guess... Arrow
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 27 Jan 2012, 21:46

George at Paralympics would be
great

indeed
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 27 Jan 2012, 21:47

ciao Vi
è vero
this lion is
magnificent

sunny
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 27 Jan 2012, 23:33

During the Oz Olympics you could get tickets the day off etc but the really watched sports are the ones that are usually hardest to get. Swimming, track and field etc. I'm sure George won't have a problem and your right Lelacorb the country ends up in debt pretty sure we didn't break even.

Thanks for the kind words and yes Sad Donkey that is pretty much what I said! I was born with Cerebral Palsy I do walk, well it's my own version anyway, now I have a walking stick people tend to focus on that. LOL
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 28 Jan 2012, 14:25

Cerebral Palsy is not an easy thing to deal with
hope you are fine
and found your equilibrium

it seems like that
reading your post Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 28 Jan 2012, 17:23

I remember spending time with a friend's nephew (a young lil boy) who was born with Cerebral Palsy... and something that really stood out strong was his sharpness, his intelligence, his quickness... smiling bright eyes and the sweetest smile... so many other positives at that young age... He was the first child who educated me on this subject... I love you to him...

I love you to you too Dex... So happy and filled with a sense of pride, to be interacting with you... you are precious and your notes are awesome wise!!! You are blessed heaps and loads too...
Hug1
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 28 Jan 2012, 17:24

Marisa Tomei's son too
no?

grazie Pari
you are a blessing Hug1

ciao
see u later

Give Flowers2
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 28 Jan 2012, 17:33

Ciao It's me...

Am grabbing all your hugs and kisses... and sending you+others some too... Smile Ta all...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 28 Jan 2012, 19:22

I think it would be awesome to go to the London and watch the Olympics. Very excited about the Opening!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 28 Jan 2012, 22:35

I'm sure if he wants tickets he will be able to get them easy. Also if he needs somewhere to stay I'm sure my parents would let him stay in my old bedroom I\'ve got an idea
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sun 29 Jan 2012, 00:51

The next mrs clooney wrote:I'm sure if he wants tickets he will be able to get them easy. Also if he needs somewhere to stay I'm sure my parents would let him stay in my old bedroom I\'ve got an idea

lol! Where else he could stay if not in : "The Next Mrs. Clooney" apartment. Shocked
I would think it would be the most appropriate accommodation for him. Love2 Yahooooo

Last edited by zizi on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 01:06; edited 1 time in total

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 29 Jan 2012, 00:56

I'm gonna buy new sheets just in case Love7
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 17 Feb 2012, 19:26

I've just caught up with a recorded E! TV Red Carpet programme.
The interviewer asked George if he'd be at the Olympics and he said No, he'd be working all through that period.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Jul 2012, 17:00

No I haven't spotted our man in London yet for the Olympics....

But for those interested.... the Opening Ceremony is on TV tonight...
starting at 9pm UK time and finishing at Midnight UK time.

It's a big secret as to who is going to light the Olympic Flame tonight...so that's when he may make an appearance ! Basket lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Jul 2012, 17:17

I'll be watching with you at the Wynn LV which has giant state-of-the-art TV's and sound system. Maybe G will have a similar party with friends. Hope England forgives us for the unfortunate comments Candidate Mitt Romney made about the Olympics.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Jul 2012, 17:41

Oh yes....but London Mayor Boris made a very good response !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 Jul 2012, 17:57

Ah yes, they're calling him the 'Mitt twit' and 'romney shambles' is trending as a search term!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

David Cameron broke with Downing Street tradition today by meeting Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. But Romney might now be wishing that, like François Hollande, he’d been snubbed by the Prime Minister until the elections were over.

He started his day with forgetting Ed Miliband’s name, calling him ‘Mr Leader’ instead when the two met. That wasn’t too bad: it’s not as if British people, or indeed the media, can remember what the Labour leader is called half the time, anyway.

But once in Downing Street, he decided to get out a spade and dig a rather large hole for himself in the back garden (which he accidentally described as the ‘backside’) by trying to make amends for the remarks Jonathan reported earlier describing British preparations for the Olympics as ‘disconcerting’. This afternoon he said:

‘My experience as an Olympic organiser is there are always some little things that don’t go as planned, but those get ironed out and then when the Games themselves begin and the athletes take over, all the mistakes that the Organising Committee, and I made a few, all of those are overwhelmed by the many things that the athletes carry out that capture the spirit of the Games.’

The PM had already taken a bit of a shot at Romney, who has the authority to label some aspects of London’s Olympics ‘disconcerting’ because of the role he played in salvaging the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Games. Speaking at the Olympic park earlier, Cameron said:

‘We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course it’s easier if you hold an Olympic games in the middle of nowhere.’

Apparently the Prime Minister was talking about Burma, but perhaps Romney felt he needed to make amends when standing in the backside – sorry, back garden – of Downing Street. Describing the Olympics preparations as a bit ‘disconcerting’ is not unlike turning up at someone’s house for a lovely supper and pointing out they’ve forgotten to dust the coffee table.

Not content with slightly offending both the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition in his host country, Romney thought it best to let it slip as he left that he’d met with MI6 chief Sir John Sawers. Let’s hope Sawers didn’t tell him anything ‘disconcerting’ during that top secret briefing.

There is a serious side to all this sniggering at a shambolic Romney roadshow, though. One of the purposes of this visit was to big up his credentials on the world stage. He is also visiting Israel and Poland as part of the same tour. Romney does not enjoy a strong reputation when it comes to foreign policy, and his undiplomatic behaviour today has done little to change that.

P.S. Hats off to Simon Mason, who coined the brilliant ‘Romneyshambles’ pun even before the man arrived on British soil.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 27 Jul 2012, 18:04

I apologize on behalf of America. Trust that the comments of Mr. Romney do NOT reflect American sentiment. Poorly done, Mitt Romney!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 Jul 2012, 18:09

Oh no need to apologize. Let's be honest, most british politicians are complete morons too. Makes us feel better to watch someone else balls it up for once!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Jul 2012, 18:11

In London....Mayor Boris Johnson yesterday !

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 27 Jul 2012, 18:12

I know I cringed when I read about it...he does not represent us well....I think the games look wonderful....it must be so exciting to be there....I hope everyone enjoys themselves too....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Jul 2012, 18:17

Don't fret pet....I'm sure no offences were taken....and if they were then it'll all be over by tea time !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Jul 2012, 18:18

Katiedot,
Thanks so much for the link. LOL
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:16

Yeah his name was mentioned on my little old Belgian TV, I almost choked in my cookie, yet again ! tongue So I'm watching the BBC. geek
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:17

P.S. Katiedot could you open your facebookpage for everyone, cause I've shot myself out and I can't join again, ... so ... pirat
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 27 Jul 2012, 22:58

George was there or not, I have not seen the opening ceremony!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 27 Jul 2012, 23:01

all Nations are parading right now cheers
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 28 Jul 2012, 01:42

Hi everyone
watched most of the Olympic Ceremony, the lighting of the Olympic flame was the best I have ever seen, congratulations London - absolutely breathtaking. Also watching David Beckham on a speed boat bringing he torch to the stadium was a particular highlight for me WOW WOW - Let the Games Begin!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Jul 2012, 01:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

YES....Becks looked fab in the speed boat with the torch.... and I thought it was a great touch that he delivered it after receiving it when it first landed in Cornwall.

Fabulous Opening to the games...well done Danny Boyle Yahooooo
....and everyone who took part of course Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 28 Jul 2012, 02:03

Thanks Joanna, that scene of David was very James Bondish to me ooh la la - I can't post pictures to save myself, so will try so that I can post all my favourites of GC and Olympics .. There is a huge smile on my face now - many thanks xx
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 28 Jul 2012, 13:08

The queen wazzzzzzzzz funny with mister Bond, but no Clooney in sight, so why was this on my little Belgian news ??? They also mentioned Brad Pit, ... bounce
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Jul 2012, 16:27

VIDEO
at link
(BBC)

David Beckham made a spectacular entrance at the London 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony, driving the Olympic Torch into Olympic Stadium by speedboat.

The soccer superstar’s role in the festivities was finally revealed when he, along with younger athlete Jade Bailey, was entrusted with taking the flame down the River Thames and under the Tower of London toward the packed stadium.

And he looked damn good doing it.

We already knew Beckham had Olympic fever —
this just takes it to the next level.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara Garabedian Sat 28 Jul 2012, 16:47

I agree. Beckman looked good in that speed boat. Watched the whole ceremony and thought it was great!! I will have to watch it again today for the olympics. Loved Paul McCarthy sing his famous song Hey June. I think it would have been a very dpecial experience to be there and lucky ones who got to go. Maybe george will attend later, hope to see him there, if only on tv. love ya george, barbara g.

Barbara Garabedian
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 06 Aug 2012, 21:49

I listened to this man give his moving story on the radio yesterday.

Games gave me closure: 7/7 doctor

A doctor who treated victims of the 7/7 terrorist attacks in London said volunteering at the Olympics had given him closure on the tragic event seven years later.

Dr Andrew Hartle, an intensive care consultant at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, said the attacks - in which 52 died and hundreds more were injured - had always been inextricably linked to the London 2012 games.

The terror attacks unfolded just 24 hours after the city celebrated being awarded the Olympics.

Dr Hartle, one of 70,000 Games Makers volunteering in London, said: "We had just won the Games and the only thing people were talking about during the first hour of work that day was the Olympics. Most of us were pretty cynical.
What was the impact going to be on those who lived
and worked in London?"

He added: "Then, as you all know, the day turned out to be about something completely different, with the terrorist attack on London. I was there and I did my job.
It wasn't the job we planned to do that day, but we did it,
and we did it well.

"For most of the last seven years those two events - the award of the Games and the July bombings - have been pretty inextricably linked.

"I found the opening ceremony really quite cathartic.
It really gave me closure.
London is now known for something else - it is known for hosting the Games.
Being part of it has been an astonishing experience."

Dr Hartle, who is part of emergency medical services at London 2012, said he hoped his skills would not need to be put to use:
"I am the insurance policy no-one wants to use."

London 2012 chairman Sebastian Coe described hearing Dr Hartle's story as a "seismic moment".
The pair met by chance on the Tube last week, and Dr Hartle thanked him for the opportunity to volunteer.

Commenting on the meeting, Lord Coe said:
"That really summed up to me what the volunteers are doing here and that is a conversation I will remember for the rest of my life. That was a seismic moment in terms of conversations I've had with volunteers."
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down