George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 6 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 6 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 6 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012

+44
Aruna
iamnoone
m4rose
LornaDoone
madsky
bamboochacha
Atalante
Dior
Astras
EEOsandy
annemarie
macs
Missa
sadDonkey
melbert
laetval
lelacorb
pattygirl
hathaross
dakota007
Pari
zizi
NotAvailable
lovelylois
Lighterside
ladydi
blubelle
lucy
Dexterdidit
silly girl
Michelle meyers
alriv
Katiedot
cindigirl
The next mrs clooney
Sabby
it's me
Joanna
bellybaby
watching
Vi
Maggy
Cinderella
sisieq
48 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 6 Empty Re: George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 16:37

go Cindy! Thumbs up!
and Randee cameraclick

(una e?)

Wink
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 6 Empty Re: George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012

Post by cindigirl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 16:46

Thanks for posting the Uggie video Mrs. Clooney. I saw it a few days ago on another site and I was hoping someone would post it here. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:06

I'd make him my lemon pecan pork chops. Seems too be my popular dish. nobody hasn't liked them yet.

Sorry tooting my own horn

You should be catering an Oscar party! Those sound delicious. Yummy. Very Happy

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:11

this pic Astras.... Gone to heaven
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:14

Good luck to Mr. Clooney. flower
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:22

I don't care
if he will win
or not

becouse, as I already said, he is ANYWAY A WINNER
in my I love you

anyway GOOD LUCK Mr GTIMOTHYCLOONEY Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:23

Here's another Uggie video predicting Oscar win. He's a little confused on this one. Still very funny.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:30

From ABC News website
George Clooney? Billy Crystal? Who Has Most At Stake At The 2012 Oscars?

By DOROTHY POMERANTZ, Forbes Staff
Feb. 26, 2012

When the stars hit the red carpet on Sunday night for the 2012 Academy Awards show, most of the focus will be on the glitz and glamor of Hollywood at its best. Gowns will be discussed before the show and acceptance speeches will be analyzed later. But as much as the Oscars are about artistic achievement, they are also about business.

An Oscar win can mean big bucks for the winning film. IBIS World says that Best Picture nominees see an average 17.7 percent boost at the box office and the winner can get as much as an additional 15% boost after that.

But there's often more at stake than just box office. An Oscar win can do a lot for a studio or actor's reputation and a loss can sometimes hurt. Here are five things to be looking for at Sunday's awards ceremony that could affect the business in the coming year.

George Clooney Win or Lose
Clooney used to have a film-making motto: One for them, one for me. That meant that he would do big-budget films like Ocean's Thirteen to help pay for his smaller movies like The Good German. But lately Clooney has been focusing solely on the smaller films. He had two movies this year, The Ides of March, which he directed and co-starred in, and The Descendants. The Descendants was the more successful film. It earned $144 million at the global box office and a Best Actor nomination for Clooney.

If Clooney wins on Sunday (as he's widely expected to do) that could embolden the star to keep going with the lower-budget movies. A win isn't likely to boost his upfront pay on those movies (he's already taking massive cuts to what he could earn) but he'll likely get an even larger piece of any profits from those films. The advantage of movies like The Descendants is that they have a much lower bar to hit in order to turn a profit. The budget for that film was likely under $20 million which means Clooney stands to make as much, if not more, from the film than he would have from taking a $20 million payday on a big-budget film.

The Weinstein Machine
It's hard to remember that as little as two years ago Harvey Weinstein had been almost written off for dead. A string of poorly performing films, non film investments and debt were crushing his company. Now he's once again the king of awards, thanks to last year's The King's Speech which won four Oscars including Best Picture, and The Artist which is now nominated for ten awards.

The Artist was a big risk for Weinstein. The black-and-white silent film easily could have flopped with mainstream audiences. Instead the $15 million film has earned $75 million at the box office so far and it's the general favorite to win Best Picture. If Weinstein cleans up again this year with a bunch of gold statutes his status as the go-to guy for independent film will be cemented for a long time to come.

The Help
The Academy had the opportunity to nominate up to 10 films this year for Best Picture but only nominated nine. The idea was to get more widely popular films onto the list but the only film that was a box office hit on the list of nominees is The Help which earned $206 million at the global box office.

There's a slim chance that the movie could clean up at the Oscars. Stars Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer seem likely to win in their respective categories and the film has an outside shot at Best Picture. If The Help does walk away with a bunch of statues, it will be a victory for mass-market crowd-pleasing films over artsy fare.

Twitter
The social networking site is playing a bigger role than ever in predicting the Oscars this year and it's not going with the films that most pundits think will win. As I wrote the other day, analysis from USC's Innovation Lab shows that Twitter is predicting a Best Picture win for Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris. Banyan Branch, a social media agency out of Seattle, is finding that The Help is getting the most love on Twitter and Facebook.

If it turns out that social media is a better predictor of Oscar winners than the pundits, some folks might find themselves out of jobs. But since the Academy voters (old, male, white) don't necessarily match up with Twitter users (younger men and women), don't count on Twitter being the smarter guy in the room this year.

Billy Crystal's Ratings
This year's Oscars were supposed to be edgier with Eddie Murphy hosting and action director Brett Ratner producing. But after the duo's film Tower Heist bombed at the box office (and Ratner said, "Rehearsals are for fags") they both dropped out. Hollywood established players, Brian Grazer and Billy Crystal stepped in to put together what will likely be a much more proper show. (Sacha Baron Cohen has been discouraged from showing up in full Dictator costume).

This is the ninth time Crystal has hosted the event. Ratings for the show peaked in 1998 with 55.25 million viewers according to Horizon Media. Crystal was the host that year. Can he bring back some of that ratings magic in 2012? Although the comedian is not as popular as he was in the '90s the Oscars didn't improve things when they tried to hip the show up last year with young hosts James Franco and Anne Hathaway. That ceremony drew only 38 million viewers.

Related Links:

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 26 Feb 2012, 18:15

Any online streaming ???
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 26 Feb 2012, 18:27

Astras wrote:

I'd make him my lemon pecan pork chops. Seems too be my popular dish. nobody hasn't liked them yet.

Hmm That's a good idea
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 26 Feb 2012, 19:02

In Italy when it is hoped a victory you do not wish because to bring bad luck but it says : in the ass to the whale and needs to be answered: we hope that not shit! George in the ass to the whale!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 19:38

Here's a live stream of the Kodak Theater Oscars in case anyone is interested. If you click on it now, you'll see people walking around but no star's entrance yet but it'll pick up.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 19:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 19:43

Here is an interesting graphic about how social media might be able to predict the winners:

The 2012 Oscar Winners, as Predicted by Twitter [Infographic]

By their calculation our boy will win..... Very Happy

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sun 26 Feb 2012, 19:44

all the best Georgie-pooh <3
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 19:45

hope it's a good wish!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 26 Feb 2012, 19:55

George Clooney Going Rogue Tonight with Party

So: George Clooney is going rogue tonight. He’s booked out Craigs on Melrose for a private Oscar party. He’ll have all his peeps from “The Descendants” and “The Ides of March,” plus friends and family, Brad and Angelina, the whole gang. If Clooney wins Best Actor, the place will go wild. If he loses, it will still be a hot spot for well wishers. Clooney and Pitt were odds on favorites to win Best Actor this year for their respective films. Then Jean DuJardin came out of nowhere. Of all this years’ films, “The Descendants” somehow got the short shrift–a surprise since it so very good. But everyone at Craigs will drink and eat the truffled fried chicken, and none of it will hurt.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 26 Feb 2012, 20:04

Thank you Mrs C & cindi for the UGGIE videos.
They're both great fun. Coolio
I bet his friend Einstein had a chat with him before
choosing Best Actor Yahooooo
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 20:18

You're welcome Joanna. In the first Uggie video I'll bet he picked George's picture because that was the only picture that had REAL hot dog on it. LOL Dogs will be dogs.

I didn't realize Jimmy Kimmel was so funny.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 20:27

On the Live Video I posted above there's some activity right now with announcers sitting and waiting for celebs to arrive. I saved this video on my Favorite List so I can access it easily.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 26 Feb 2012, 20:32

HEY! Uggie and Einstein should have a playdate! Aww that would be cuuuute. That would be a cool dog walking job
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sun 26 Feb 2012, 20:37

it's me wrote:hope it's a good wish!!!

why not ? I hope he wns - that's all
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 26 Feb 2012, 20:44

Brad Pitt & George Clooney's Oscars Gift From South of the Border
нд., лют. 26, 2012 10:18 AM PST by Marc Malkin

Daniele Venturelli/Getty Images

Don't be surprised if Brad Pitt and George Clooney have a little tequila on their breath at the Academy Awards.

Sure, we know Mr. Clooney likes to get his drink on, but...

We also know that both men, along with Gary Oldman and Jean Dujardin, received a bottle of top-shelf tequila from fellow Best Actor nominee, Mexican thespian Demián Bichir.

"The note said it was an honor to be among them," the A Better Life star told me at the Independent Spirit Awards. "It is an honor and I was just overwhelmed to be with their names.
"I wanted to let them know that I admire their work and I've been a big fan forever of George, Brad and Gary, and I just met Jean, who is a great guy too," he continued, before cracking, "I want to get them drunk so they can talk only beautiful things about me."

They were nice big bottles of tequila blanco. "I don't drink bad tequila," said Bichir, who was wearing quite the beautiful Piaget watch to the beachfront awards show. "I drink only the best."

Well, you deserve it. Have fun at the Oscars, Mr. Bichir!

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 26 Feb 2012, 20:47

Have a Good OSCAR's
Afternoon/Evening/Morning Everyone..... Sofa bounce

Hope we'll be Celebrating a Win for Our Man Hoorah!

Good night
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 26 Feb 2012, 20:52

Astras wrote:

My 41st birthday, the Oscars fell RIGHT on my birthday so I had an Oscar themed birthday. It was GREAT!
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 26 Feb 2012, 21:00

Thanks for the link cindigirl, a green for you Very Happy

what time begins on the east coast?
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 21:11

hathaross wrote:what time begins on the east coast?

The "arrivals" start at 7:00 p.m. and the actual award show starts at 8:30 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. ET.

And, thanks for the green. lip smack
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 26 Feb 2012, 21:27

Thank you Cindigirl.

Which channel is airing the Oscars?

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 21:28

don't understand
tell me please
in how many hours
the redc
will start
counting from now? half past 10??
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 26 Feb 2012, 21:34

It's Me, I show that most coverage looks like it will start at about 11:30 your time. You've got about an hour.

SadDonkey, ABC is carrying the Oscars
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 26 Feb 2012, 21:39

Thank you Melbert Give Flowers

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 21:40

sadDonkey wrote:Which channel is airing the Oscars?

Hi Sad, in the New York area it's Channel 7, ABC. Arrivals at 7:00 pm in a little more than 2 hours.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 26 Feb 2012, 21:49

Thank you Cindigirl Give Flowers
Maybe these channels have live stream or so. Will check that now.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 26 Feb 2012, 22:00

E goes live with red carpet arrivals at 5:30pm eastern time.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sun 26 Feb 2012, 22:14

Thanks for the tip Mrs. Clooney.
17 more minutes.
I am wondering if George will be one of the firsts

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 22:20

thanks!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sun 26 Feb 2012, 22:21

sadDonkey wrote:
Thanks for the tip Mrs. Clooney.
17 more minutes.
I am wondering if George will be one of the firsts

for the arrivals i'm guessing they have the big names who are nominated scheduled, so that everyone get his photo op. plus he should be front row in the theatre, again since being nominated, so we'll see him !
some people have alreay arrived apparently (saw james cromwell love him
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 22:31

I've been watching a few things online....most are saying he will be one of the last ones there...as will BP and AJ...but isn't he always one of the first at these things?

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 22:50

I remember best actor award is usually one of the last to be mentioned. George may arrive early but I don't think we'll hear about whether or not he got the award till at least the last half hour, if it goes according to the course.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:01

Stacy tweeted that they are on their way so I'm guessing about 30-45 minutes before we see them on the red carpet. Cindi you are right best Actor is usually second to last so we won't know if he has won until very late. Hope I can keep my eyes open that long.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:11

Now I already know I'll never be able to stay awake til 11:30, will have to depend on you gals to get me know tomorrow. Still watching Live RC, some of the celebrities have already arrived. Mila whoever wearing a beautiful white gown.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:15

I think I´m gonna stay until see him arriving to red carpet... Is late here and I have class tomorrow.. :S

What streaming are you watching?
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:16

i don't work tomorrow so i can sleep off, I'll try to watch if there's an actual streaming of the show outside US, but then... I can also fall asleep...
macs
macs

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:17

cindigirl wrote:Here's a live stream of the Kodak Theater Oscars in case anyone is interested. If you click on it now, you'll see people walking around but no star's entrance yet but it'll pick up.

Here is what I'm watching. I posted it earlier this afternoon. Some of the celebrities are arriving now.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:18

Shaleine Woodley has arrived ! nice
apparently all the descendants cast is not far behind
don't see him yet on my stream argh....

Last edited by macs on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:20; edited 1 time in total
macs
macs

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:19

He is on the red carpet!!! GOD!!!! SO HANDSOME!!!!! Not worthy
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:19

Who said Gold???? you won....hair not so good...

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:21

I said Ivory or Gold, whats my prize??? A night with George???
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:22

why is her hair a mess cant she afford a hair stylist come on.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 26 Feb 2012, 23:24

Judy Greer looks beautiful...love her dress and everything....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next