George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012

+44
Aruna
iamnoone
m4rose
LornaDoone
madsky
bamboochacha
Atalante
Dior
Astras
EEOsandy
annemarie
macs
Missa
sadDonkey
melbert
laetval
lelacorb
pattygirl
hathaross
dakota007
Pari
zizi
NotAvailable
lovelylois
Lighterside
ladydi
blubelle
lucy
Dexterdidit
silly girl
Michelle meyers
alriv
Katiedot
cindigirl
The next mrs clooney
Sabby
it's me
Joanna
bellybaby
watching
Vi
Maggy
Cinderella
sisieq
48 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012

Post by Vi Sat 25 Feb 2012, 06:22

good luck George

all the best

big hug
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney at the Oscars, 2012

Post by it's me Sat 25 Feb 2012, 07:15

Vi wrote:

I love you
good luck George
I love you
all the best
I love you
big hug
I love you

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sat 25 Feb 2012, 08:46

dakota007 wrote:the Artist will win best film and director, george will win best actor, viola will win best actress, plummer and spencer for sub..these are my predictions.

That would be my line up too Thumbs up!

Robert De Niro is playing as well, and he goes for George so it's worth a mention, no ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oscars 2012: For De Niro, it’s about Clooney and Streep (and Uggie)

When the Oscars get underway Sunday, one notable name won't be in the room amid the glitz and high fashion. Robert De Niro, whose frequent collaborator, Martin Scorsese, is up for a directing Oscar, will be back East where he's shooting an action thriller in Georgia with John Travolta.

But that doesn't mean De Niro, who has two statuettes himself, doesn't have strong feelings about this year's races. Asked his favorite performances, the actor didn't hesitate to name two: George Clooney in "The Descendants" and Meryl Streep in "The Iron Lady.” “I wouldn’t be surprised if they both went in and won,” he said. (Both are, of course, up for lead acting Oscars on Sunday, though face stiff competition from Jean Dujardin and Viola Davis, respectively.)

De Niro, who is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences that determines the Oscars, said that when it comes to 2011 films, he was particularly taken with "The Artist." "It’s a special movie, very well done, clever and smart," he said. "And to get performances like that. Even the dog. Seriously, where do you even get a dog like that?"

Oscars 2012: Cheat Sheet | Key Scenes | Pundit's picks | Ballot

We may not see Uggie much in the future; the crowd-pleasing canine is retiring after the Oscars. We will, however, see plenty of De Niro in the coming months. Next week he opens “Being Flynn,” his passion project with director Paul Weitz about a vagabond father who reunites with his son after nearly two decades apart. And later this year he’ll appear in a comedy opposite Amanda Seyfried titled “The Wedding” and a David O. Russell family dramedy, “The Silver Linings Playbook.” The still-undated Sundance thriller “Red Lights" also lies on the horizon.

And then there’s “Killing Season,” the movie De Niro is shooting with Travolta that centers on two veterans of the Bosnian war, one American and one Serbian, who confront each other in the Smoky Mountains. “It has action and a bit of a thriller thing,” De Niro said, “and maybe also has got a bit of a political thing.”
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 25 Feb 2012, 08:50

According to Marky Mark George is definitely not collecting a stauette this year:

Actor names several winners after revealing he has 'inside information'

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 2:20 AM on 25th February 2012

First it was Joan Collins, and now actor Mark Wahlberg is seemingly letting the cat out of the bag when it comes to Oscar winners on Sunday.

The Contraband star told the Huffington Post that he has a friend at PricewaterhouseCoopers who has inside information about the awards.

'It's not a matter of who I want to win, it's who I know is going to win,' Wahlberg told the Huffington Post. 'Because I've got a friend at PriceWaterhouse.'

And just like Joan hinted, the 40-year-old actor has declared that The Artist will win Best Picture at this Sunday's highly coveted awards.

He also claims that the film's male lead Jean Dujardin will take home Best Actor and The Help's Viola Davis will win Best Actress.

And he didn't stop there.

The former Calvin Klein model also says that the Best Supporting Actor accolade goes to Christopher Plummer for the Beginnners, and the Supporting Best Actress to Octavia Spencer for The Help.

Walhberg also predicted that Hugo will scoop the pool when it comes to other awards on the night.

He says that the family film will take home three big ones.

'...they will win Best Costume, Production and Cinematography,' he said.

Wahlberg's information may be well be right on the mark.

PricewaterhouseCoopers have been hired by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for the 78th year in a row to count it's Oscar ballots.

Wahlberg's surety could only mean that the action star is friends with one of only two ballot leaders, who are the only ones who know who win's what.
The duo are responsible for putting the winner's envelopes in two heavily guarded suitcases, which are then ferried to the ceremony in two top secret routes.

Wahlberg' revelations come after actress Joan Collins may have also seemingly let the cat out of the bag at the Montblanc Vanity Fair Party in Bel Air earlier this week.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 25 Feb 2012, 09:20

Why George will lose:

Why George Clooney Will Lose to Jean Dujardin

by Richard Rushfield Feb 24, 2012

Oscar predictions are based on no facts. Yet, in the past month, Clooney has gone from a sure bet for Best Actor to losing to Jean Dujardin. Richard Rushfield explains how. Or tries to.

George Clooney has lost Oscar races before. In the past decade, he’s been passed over four times (twice for Best Actor and once apiece for Best Director and Best Screenplay). While he has reigned atop the pyramid of Hollywood glamour as perhaps the most critically praised, most well-liked mainstream actor currently working, Clooney’s trophy case boasts a lone statuette in the leading man’s consolation prize category of Best Supporting Actor (for Syriana).

This year, however, was to have been his. Clooney’s rich and nuanced performance in the critically-lauded film The Descendants earned him raves across the board. Not only that, at the race’s open, the Best Actor field was seen as the weakest of the major categories. Fellow It’s-Their-Turners were up for parts in movies that were perceived as either too light (Moneyball for Brad Pit) or outright disasters (J. Edgar for Leonardo DiCaprio). And so, by Christmas, a consensus had settled among the Oscar punditry that the prize was Clooney’s for the asking--game over, hand the Oscar to George.

A month and a half later, Clooney is the odds on favorite to lose. To a Frenchman whose name even now is unknown to most of Earth, who gave a mannered, non-vocal performance. As the Oscar ballots are being counted, Jean Dujardin is the heavy favorite to win the Best Actor prize. Clooney’s sensitive, complex performance seems like to join his growing list of also-rans in Oscar’s eyes.

So how did this happen? How did Clooney’s Oscar lock collapse in just a few short weeks?

The answer points right back at the question, at the unbearable otherworldliness of the Oscars punditing class that spends half a year attempting to predict the whims of 5000 Hollywood insiders. While fortunes may change, we are faced with the basic truth that two months ago, the people who spend their lives predicting the Academy Awards (this writer included) were unanimously saying that George Clooney was guaranteed to win the award. In a presidential election, fortunes may change, but generally they are driven by events–a new candidate gets a flurry of attention, someone has a poor debate performance, a scandal emerges, a primary is held and somebody wins. Momentum rises and falls responding to the news cycle. And at every step of the way, there are dozens of polls taken to confirm which way the wind is blowing.

In the Oscar race, however, there is nothing: no primaries, no polls, the candidates are forbidden by Academy rules from even campaigning for the awards. In between the time when George Clooney was a lock on the Oscar and when Clooney passed the tipping point to likely to lose the Oscar, exactly nothing has happened and zero hard facts emerged.

So either the pundits were completely wrong two months ago when they said he going to win, or they are wrong now when they say he is very likely to lose. In other businesses, pundits can be and very often are wrong, but they have changing events to point to, unforeseen factors entering the fray that can excuse their shortsightedness. The Oscar race, however, offers very few mitigating circumstances to excuse a pundits’ failure. Grasping at straws is in an Oscar pundit’s entire job description.

While these changing whims of the punditry may seem absurd, their final predictions may also, paradoxically, be correct. While the Academy postures itself as the ultimate arbiter, saying its preferences are not susceptible to grubby campaigning or the influence of interlopers (unlike the Golden Globes), this year’s race makes clear more than ever how susceptible the Academy members are to the changing winds of public opinion, and how those outside events--festivals, other awards shows–may in fact be very capable of herding even the members of the elite Academy down a particular path.

What doomed George Clooney’s Oscar lock was a tidal wave of enthusiasm, growing into a veritable juggernaut, for The Artist, which has become Oscar’s surest thing for Best Picture in a decade. Like a snowball rolling downhill, The Artist gained momentum as the season progressed and a credible challenger failed to emerge; first, it ranked high on the year-end lists of some of America’s most influential mainstream critics, the types who generally fall in sync with Oscar whims. Then it went on to pick up award after award on the circuit, from the BAFTAs to the Golden Globe for Best Musical/Comedy, becoming the absolute prohibitive favorite to roll to victory in the top category.

But along the path of The Artist’s, a funny thing happened in the Best Actor race. Suddenly, in what was supposed to be a cake walk for Clooney, with only token opposition from Brad Pitt, another face appeared. Swept along in The Artist tsunami, its leading man, the heretofore unheard of in the United States Jean Dujardin, began picking up acting awards as well. Little by little, people began to notice that the star of this universally beloved film (in Los Angeles, that is, if little seen anywhere else) was becoming a serious contender in the field, and with his easy charm and good humor adding to the novelty factor, he was becoming one of the most eagerly looked for faces in the crowd and at the podium on these awards nights.

And then the coup de grace: While the predictive power of the widely-hyped Globes has proven inconsistent, the Screen Actors Guild Awards come very close to being an exact predictor of Oscars’ acting categories. For the past seven years, every acting Oscar winner has first taken home the SAG. So when lightning struck on January 30 and Dujardin won the best acting prize, the pundits raced to revise their previous iron-clad predictions and the story turned overnight from a Clooney rout to Dujardin’s unstoppable momentum.

So why, sitting atop the awards pyramid, do the Academy members feel obliged to go along with all this bluster? Why can’t Oscar simply ignore the Globes, the BAFTAs, the SAGs, and the critics and vote for the film or the actor that they just happen to like? In particular, why wouldn’t that happen when the actor is as much a fixture as Clooney, who this year has broken out of his previous aloofness toward the Oscar race and made appearances around town at events, campaigning for the film and the award?

Well, Hollywood, the place where, famously, no one knows anything, is, for all its protestations to the contrary, a town built on hype, and thus more susceptible to hype than perhaps any other community on Earth. Oscar pundit Tom O’Neil put it bluntly, “Hollywood likes to be with the winner.” And more than that, they certainly don’t like to be with the loser. (Underdog, yes. Loser, never.) So when the momentum builds toward a conclusion, the breeze does not have to be that strong to sweep Academy voters along with it. And, unfortunately for George Clooney, signs strongly suggest he is going to have to wait for another year and another part as strong as his in The Descendants for the wind to blow his way.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sat 25 Feb 2012, 09:57

it's me wrote:
Vi wrote:

I love you
good luck George
I love you
all the best
I love you
big hug
I love you

yep
yes
ja
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 25 Feb 2012, 10:22

Not sounding good it also makes the Oscar voters sound like the cool kids too scared to think for themselves. Not looking good for George but now that Mark Wahlberg has told everyone who is going to win it hardly seems any point for them to even bother.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sat 25 Feb 2012, 10:25

Katiedot wrote:According to Marky Mark George is definitely not collecting a stauette this year:

should he even say that if he knows the result ? He's going to make a lot of enemies if right...
macs
macs

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 25 Feb 2012, 10:57

Oscars 2012: The Artist Will Win Best Picture,
Says Contraband Star Mark Wahlberg

First Posted: 24/02/2012 15:58 Updated: 24/02/2012 16:57

Oscar Winners , The Artist , Video , Jean Dujardin , Mark Wahlberg , UK Film , Contraband , Oscars , UK Entertainment News

The Artist will take home the Oscar for Best Picture on Sunday night, according to Contraband star Mark Wahlberg.

The Fighter actor told The Huffington Post UK he "knew" the silent French flick was going to win at this year's Academy Awards.

He also claimed The Artist's star Jean Dujardin will beat off stiff competition from Demián Bichir, George Clooney, Gary Oldman and Brad Pitt to scoop the Best Actor prize.

Wahlberg, who will be "suffering from a food coma" in Paris instead of attending the Awards this weekend, said: ""It's not a matter of who I want to win, it's who I know is going to win."

Asked how he could be so certain about the winners, the American actor said: "Because I've got a friend at PriceWaterhouse."

He also claimed The Help will clean up at the Awards, with Viola Davis winning Best Actress and Octavia Spencer winning for Best Supporting Actress.

He continued: "Christopher Plummer will win for Best Supporting Actor and the team behind Transformers will win for best sound editing, and Hugo - they will win Best Costume, Production and Cinematography."

However, the Entourage exec-producer wasn't so sure about the Razzies' results, although he claimed: "Worst film will go to either Jack and Jill or Abduction." He admitted he doesn't "have an in with the Razzies".

If you're not prepared to take Wahlberg's word as gospel, online betting firm Sky Bet also has black and white film The Artist, which picked up the Producers' Guild Award, The Bafta Award and the Golden Globe for Best Comedy/Musical, as a shoo-in to win Best Picture at 8/1 on Sunday.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:04

Is the Huffington Post a reliable source of information ?
If there was a leak from PriceWaterhouse then shouldn't
someone's head should roll.
I wonder if it will be taken seriously and investigated thoroughly.

Or is it all an elaborate prank by Mark Wahlberg because
he won't be there ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:38

Being that there are only supposed to be 2 people who really know the actual results then I would expect at least one of them sacked. It can't be hard to find which one it was and it just shows what a crap friend Mark Wahlberg really is. This is the only way he could get any attention and once again he comes off as a complete dick. Most aren't over his 9/11 statements.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:41

BY REBECCA MERRIMAN ON FEBRUARY 25, 2012

OSCAR LEAK: Meryl Streep To Miss Out On Oscar For Lead Actress And 'The Artist' To Scoop Best PictureMark Wahlberg reveals inside information ahead of Sunday's ceremony

Photo: WENN
While Hollywood prepares for it’s biggest night, the Academy Awards this Sunday, scandal over the winners has already started. Actor Mark Wahlberg revealed that he “knew” 'The Artist' will win the top award for 'Best Picture' after an insider leaked the results.

In a leak that could rock the film industry the ‘Fighter’ actor revealed to the Huffington Post he had been told who is going to win and then went on to reveal the winners for 'Lead Actor', Actress and the awards for 'Best Supporting Role'.

He said: "It's not a matter of who I want to win, it's who I know is going to win."

He claimed that ‘The Artist’s Jean Dujardin will beat off stiff competition from Brad Pitt and George Clooney to scoop ‘Lead Actor’ as well as picking up the prize for 'Best Picture'.

Jean Dujardin To Pick Up Oscar For 'Lead Actor'

Perhaps the most surprising revelation was that Meryl Streep will not win ‘Lead Actress’ for her role in the Margaret Thatcher biopic ‘Iron Lady’.

Despite winning every award in the run up to the Oscars the top accolade will instead be awarded to ‘The Help’ actress Viola Davis.

When asked about how the actor got the golden information he said: "Because I've got a friend at PriceWaterhouse."

Price Waterhouse count the ballots for the Oscar nominations, but perhaps for the last time after this leak.

The Entourage producer went on to announce that Christopher Plummer and Octavia Spence will win for their supporting roles and that ‘Hugo’ will win a string of technical and production awards.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:57

Katiedot wrote:We can wish but my money's on Stacy being there.

Anway, let's not go too off topic talking about his girlfriend and keep this about the Oscar.

No, we must not make this Oscars 2012 thread into a... Stacy at the Oscars thread, sure Very Happy

Overall... for once though...

Like a Star @ heaven I wish this will turn into a scene from an Indian movie... where the Father, considered the greatest Head of the Family, after God, bellows his decree... thundering: NO MORE!!! NO MORE must the name of our family be tarnished!!! OUT goes the lies... right now!!! (WHOOOSH whoooosh BHIMMMM BHAMMMM WHOOOOOSH) Let TRUTH, the ideal of our race, reign strong and supreme, forever!!!

OR...

Like a Star @ heaven I wish this will turn into that scene in Heaven... where God Almighty, in complete rage, with hurt and humiliation breaking HIS heart, cries out shuddering the skies...: WHAT IS THE PRICE?? What is the price that I must pay, to clean out all the "Contracts" in the world that hold my people captive??? What price must I pay, for all of those lies to be wiped out forever and for TRUTH to stand firm and reign supreme??

Hmmmm...
Or maybe...

Well... whatever the scene... we shall have to wait and see Very Happy

Last edited by Pari on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 13:01; edited 2 times in total
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:59

It's early yet for USA reaction to the winners leak rumours.

Last edited by Joanna on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 13:03; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 25 Feb 2012, 13:03

hmmm

what about the name plate on the statuette?

instantly engraved?

or there is some trick? all five ready
then 4 trown away???
scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 25 Feb 2012, 13:09

Pari!!! Not worthy to your I love you
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 25 Feb 2012, 13:13

So the Oscars is tomorrow right? To european people, tomorrow´s night... ?
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 25 Feb 2012, 13:19

it's me wrote:Pari!!! Not worthy to your I love you

Well... who says that the Oscars cannot drive one's imagination wild Question Wink Question Did anyone say it Question scratch Question (OUCH!! Wondering now!!) hahahhahaha

I love you

Hug1

We wait here until mid Monday morning for the grand finale... and knockout surprises!!!!!!!!! YYYyeeeooooooowwww Very Happy Until then... ciao ALL I love you
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 25 Feb 2012, 13:56

Monday morning here too...

ciao all? are u running away, Pari? scratch

yes, grand finale... and knockout surprises Very Happy

but I hope for ONLY ONE love1 I love you
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 25 Feb 2012, 13:59

IF Mark Wahlberg was privy to that kind of information, I would think he wouldn't be saying it so very pubicly now. That would get his "friend" at Price Waterhouse into huge trouble (fired) for spilling the beans to ANYONE!

The fact that he's being quoted in the press, tells me he's full of dodo!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 25 Feb 2012, 14:29

it's me wrote:
ciao all? are u running away, Pari? scratch

NOPE!!! Never my style to "run away" from anything / anyone darling, especially when I know I must be... Hug1

Cannot help it though... if people CANNOT FIND me at times... Wink HAHAHAHAHAHA I love you

OK... now back to George and the Oscars... Give hearts

Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 25 Feb 2012, 14:59

Personally I think it's all about money. To "bet" and win. As some say, 'money makes the world go round'.
If everyone was in agreement on who would win, it would make for a very boring show. I don't think Mark Wahlberg would let the cat out of the bag... he's an actor... what do actors do? Keep you in suspense until the end of the show. JMHO Laughing
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 25 Feb 2012, 15:41

I think if what Mark Whalberg is saying is true then the academy would be doing some serious damage control. They take the security of the ballots very seriously and they would not want it even portrayed that some how the information had been leaked.
Saying my prayers for George, I hope tomorrow is his night!!!!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sat 25 Feb 2012, 16:43

Nice interview with Gary Oldman at a Pre Oscar Party for the Brits. He says George wants him to win. There is an ad before the interview.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Sat 25 Feb 2012, 16:54

I hope this is a bunch of baloney. I really like Marky Mark, and would hope that if he was privy to some info, that he wouldn't go around telling everyone about it.....

Holding hopes for George, he really did a good job in the Descendants.....It ain't over, til it's over.....

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 25 Feb 2012, 17:13

hathaross wrote:So the Oscars is tomorrow right? To european people, tomorrow´s night... ?

Here in UK it's on Sky Movies Premier channel, so have paid for that channel for a month to watch it. See how devoted I am ? lol!

Red Carpet starts at 11.30pm and the Awards show starts at 1.30am....so will watch as long as I can then record and watch the next morning, without listening to the news !

Is there any actual news about the "leak" story ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 25 Feb 2012, 17:16

Obviously there's some interest in Gary here.
Having watched him as George Smiley in Tinker Tailor, I think he may deserve a win, as George does too !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 25 Feb 2012, 17:21

On Saturday, February 25th, 2012 | By Shaun Kitchener

"Mark Wahlberg, fresh from a slightly arrogant appearance on UK's
BBC 1 Graham Norton’s show last night, appears to have leaked this year’s Oscar winners.

He claims to have an insider friend at Price Waterhouse, who count the ballots – and in (allegedly) leaking the winners, I assume the Academy won’t be keen to nominate him again any time soon.

He claims that Lead Actor and Lead Actress will not go the way most pundits have expected, with Jean Dujardin (The Artist) and new bookies’ favourite Viola Davis (The Help) beating original frontrunners George Clooney (The Descendants) and Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady) to Best Actor and Actress.

As expected, Christopher Plummer and Octavia Spencer will apparently win the Supporting trophies for Beginners and The Help respectively.

The Artist is unsurprisingly in line to win Best Picture, and Hugo will win a string of technical awards.
So… do we believe him?"

I didn't see that but can catch it on iPlayer soon.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 25 Feb 2012, 17:43

it's very funny!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by alriv Sat 25 Feb 2012, 18:00

haha very funny!

I will win Mery and George! I love you

alriv
alriv
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 25 Feb 2012, 19:32

If anyone wants to download live Oscar action tomorrow from iphone or ipad here's a video on how to do it.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 25 Feb 2012, 19:39

well
not so funny, Lela
our G is NOT LIKE THAT!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 26 Feb 2012, 02:22

Gotta be honest, I couldn't figure out which character was meant to be George. Process of elimation told me it's the guy with George's haircut and bushy eyebrows second from the right, second row from the bottom.

it's me wrote:what about the name plate on the statuette? instantly engraved?
Nope. Apparently the winners have to give the statuette back for engraving.

I believe that in the past the winners used to have to give it back that same night, but now they can take it home, show it off and then return it during the following week.

As for Mark Wahlberg, he seems to be going through a funny patch. He had to apologise last week for saying in an interview that if he'd been on one of the hijacked planes on 9/11 he would have single handedly fought the terrorists off and landed the plane safely (he had been booked on one of the flights but changed his travel plans the week before).

Not a few commenters have said that he seems to be going through a manic phase in bipolar disorder, where he's given to grandiose statements. I'm not sure that he's ever said he has this (and if you ask me, it's "diagnosed" way too often in Hollywood as a catch-all for what anywhere else would just be called stupid behaviour).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 26 Feb 2012, 04:46

Unless... Mark (Wahlberg) crossed someone real bad pale For what seems like a men's conversation / friendly banter / chat-with-a-drink session, to get onto "the news"!!! Question
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 26 Feb 2012, 05:23

I don't think Mark has much to lose from telling who won it isn't like he really has much of a chance to be nominated anytime soon now I doubt they will ever invite him again. I don't know how Price Waterhouse are going to do damage control once it's out it's out. If it comes out if was B.S on his part it will make him look like the idiot he is and if it comes out as true he looks like an untrustworthy ass who shouldn't expect anyone to let him know anything any time soon. I see him pissing off yet more people then he has. I don't think he is bipolar I just think he has a huge ego and thinks he is someone important with great talent which he isn't.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 26 Feb 2012, 05:42

Maybe he was just being a smart-ss when he said he knew due to a friend at Price Waterhouse. His guess at the winners are good choices, but IMO just guesses, he's just being a smarta--.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sun 26 Feb 2012, 09:00

Regarding the article as to "Why George Clooney Will Lose to Jean Dujardin," by Richard Rushfield, I'm afraid the article really hits the nail on the head as why GC's chances might unravel. "The Artist" is the darling of Hollywood right now; and deserving or not, Jean Dujardin seems to have seized momentum when it counts the most. I don't mean to say that Mr. Dujadin did not give a charming, entertaining performance, but I don't think it can compare to the master class George gave in "The Descendants." Yes, I'm biased. Very Happy Whatever happens, win or lose, I'm sure GC will take it all in stride with his usual style and grace - but I'm crossing all fingers and toes and wishing George all the best. For personal reasons I adore the entire cast of "The Descendants" and hope they all have a lovely day tomorrow. Soak it all in...I also think it would be a shame if Meryl Streep loses out as well. She was remarkable in "Iron Lady." I can't think of another actor alive who could have given that performance. I'm also rooting for an old and long time crush of mine - Christopher Plummer!!
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 10:24

ciao Astras! wondeful pic Very Happy

yes

I adore the entire cast of "The Descendants" and hope they all have a lovely day tomorrow

me too I love you

obviously hope the best
for them
and
OUR Love4 GEORGE Love4 TOO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 12:26

look at those little beef burgers

yummyyummy!!!! Razz

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 12:30

Meantime, there’s a semi confirmed rumor that George Clooney has rented out a West Hollywood eatery for a private post-Oscar celebration whether he wins or loses. Clooney has two movies–”The Descendants” and “The Ides of March”– to honor. The word–still unconfirmed officially–is that he’s inviting everyone over to Craig’s on Melrose Blvd for is own dinner. He may put in an appearance at Vanity Fair, but otherwise that’s his plan. His rep says, “I can’t comment. I don’t know anything about it.”

from
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 14:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I say
WHO CARES?

George IS ACTUALLY THE WINNER

anyway! Yahooooo
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 26 Feb 2012, 15:18

it's me wrote:look at those little beef burgers

yummyyummy!!!! Razz

I'd make him my lemon pecan pork chops. Seems too be my popular dish. nobody hasn't liked them yet.

Sorry tooting my own horn
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 26 Feb 2012, 15:36

it's me wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I say
WHO CARES?

anyway! Yahooooo

Yep! ITA with you. Thumbs up!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 26 Feb 2012, 16:06

Lighterside wrote:
it's me wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I say
WHO CARES?

anyway! Yahooooo

I second that

Yep! ITA with you. Thumbs up!
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sun 26 Feb 2012, 16:08

was this posted already ? I hope I'm not doubleposting, but it's kind of funny
macs
macs

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 26 Feb 2012, 16:09

Got my fingers crossed for George today and have been practicing my french swear words to yell at the tv if needed Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 26 Feb 2012, 16:12

macs wrote:was this posted already ? I hope I'm not doubleposting, but it's kind of funny

Thanks for posting this I hadn't seen it. Go Uggie. A dog that smart can't be wrong!!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Feb 2012, 16:14

thanks Uggie! 2 timer!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sun 26 Feb 2012, 16:29

Looks like Cindy Crawford will be there tonight.

Cindy Crawford‏@CindyCrawford
Big night for @TheAcademy. Excited to see some amazing fashion & support our friend George Clooney 4 his great work in #TheDescendants.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 26 Feb 2012, 16:35

that dog is waay cute!

You Go Dog
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next