George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll

+4
alriv
Missa
hathaross
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll Empty George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll

Post by Katiedot Sat 21 Jan 2012, 11:33

From Huffington Post

As if box office returns weren't indicator enough, a new survey has revealed that Johnny Depp is America's favorite actor.

The Oscar-nominated "Pirates of the Caribbean" star topped the annual Harris Poll, which surveyed 2,237 adults online for a week in early December. It's the second year in a row that Depp has finished on top of the survey. Placing in second in the poll was Denzel Washington -- he also retained his place in the standings -- and tying with him was Clint Eastwood, who hasn't acted in a film since 2008's "Grand Torino," instead concentrating on directing.

Tom Hanks and John Wayne -- yes, that John Wayne -- rounded out the top five.

Depp has consistently proven to be both a favorite of indie filmgoers and one of Hollywood's biggest draws. His general audience pleasing Disney blockbusters, such as "Alice in Wonderland," "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "Pirates" films consistently pulled in between $250 and $500 million (with a high of $513 million) domestically, though his most recent "Pirates" flick, "On Stranger Tides," slumped to a franchise low of $237 million. His Hunter S. Thompson adaptation "The Rum Diary," his second film playing the famed gonzo journalist, was a major disappointment, earning just $13 million in America.

Washington did not appear in a movie this year, while Eastwood directed the disappointing "J. Edgar." Hanks directed the maligned "Larry Crowne" and starred in "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close," which is only now being seen by wide audiences.

Here's the full list:

1. Johnny Depp

2. Clint Eastwood (tie)

2. Denzel Washington (tie)

4. Tom Hanks

5. John Wayne

6. George Clooney

7. Sandra Bullock

8. Harrison Ford

9. Will Smith

10. Adam Sander
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll Empty Re: George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll

Post by hathaross Sat 21 Jan 2012, 14:45

Not bad Very Happy

ohhh I love Sandra Bullock Very Happy she deserves to be in this list!
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll Empty Re: George Clooney comes 6th in "America's favorite actor" poll

Post by Missa Sat 21 Jan 2012, 14:51

MVHO: The inclusion of Adam Sandler in a list of the top ten American actors automatically voids the results of this survey.

And explains an awful lot about the state of this country. Sad
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by alriv Sat 21 Jan 2012, 16:31

and Meryl Streep?

OMG!
alriv
alriv
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 21 Jan 2012, 17:57

One woman!!! Who voted????
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 21 Jan 2012, 19:00

I think the survey skews itself a little bit. When asked who their favorite "actor" is, I think most people would automatically think "male". If it had been phrased as "favorite actor or actress" or "favorite film performer", we might have seen more women.

Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Sat 21 Jan 2012, 20:07

Depp?? i don't think so..IMVHO he proved how bad he is lately!! I don't like him , every time i try to watch something for him i can't he is a very boring actor, i only saw Finding Neverland only for the kids and Kate they were really good!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 21 Jan 2012, 21:09

Well, I kind of like him as a pirate... a drunk pirate... LOL You have to admit, he is great in those films!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 21 Jan 2012, 21:12

oh yeah!! Jack Sparrow!! Love that character Very Happy
He plays very strange and fantastic character to me.

I also miss more women in that list.
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 21 Jan 2012, 23:04

It is funny Meryl isn't on there and yes they probably thought they meant male only. Adam Sandler is a joke they must off asked young boys. Nice to see John Wayne on there he is an old favourite I grew up with a mother who had a major crush on him I'm surprised she didn't name any of my brothers Marion! LOL
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum