George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
If you were in your 30s, would you date George? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
If you were in your 30s, would you date George? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
If you were in your 30s, would you date George? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
If you were in your 30s, would you date George? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
If you were in your 30s, would you date George? - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
If you were in your 30s, would you date George? - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
If you were in your 30s, would you date George? - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
If you were in your 30s, would you date George? - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
If you were in your 30s, would you date George? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

If you were in your 30s, would you date George?

+31
macs
Astras
Maggy
Henway
NotAvailable
MM
Cinderella
zizi
GalaxyLover
sisieq
yuanling
lolo"layla"
MyGirlKylie
bamboochacha
janieb
blubelle
bunny
playfuldeb
The next mrs clooney
davidarochelle
cindigirl
melbert
bellybaby
sarah ali
pattygirl
lucy
lelacorb
watching
it's me
Dexterdidit
Katiedot
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If you were in your 30s, would you date George? - Page 2 Empty Re: If you were in your 30s, would you date George?

Post by it's me Wed 01 Feb 2012, 20:26

Evil or Very Mad bad boy!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

If you were in your 30s, would you date George? - Page 2 Empty Re: If you were in your 30s, would you date George?

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 01 Feb 2012, 21:54

maybe george clooney can like me cuz i am the worst !lol

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Feb 2012, 00:07

Melbert,
You are always so funny. Have you ever performed comedy live?

You do bring up a very interesting question. I would like to see a topic discussing the following:

Why do men like G enjoy watching 2 women together? (Implications that he does, or chooses girls that enjoy it)

What is the appeal of "bad" girls? Wilder sex? More controversy in the press? A bigger chance for G to play Henry Higgins? He looks more normal by comparison?

Thanks in advance for your responses. I was raised in a very conservative, old-fashioned, small-town environment, where even the word "gay" was a taboo word. Although I have been exposed to a great deal, there is a lot that overwhelms me; I will never truly understand men.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 03 Feb 2012, 00:13

It's not that they are "bad girls", it's that they are brave women, that is the attraction! George is an talented, accomplished man, but he is a man who does as he pleases.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 03 Feb 2012, 00:55

Davida, I'm afraid of my own shadow, so in response to your question, not only no, but HELL no!! Thanks for thinking I'm funny, but the only show you're going to see is here on COH!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 03 Feb 2012, 03:45

And that's the way we like it, Mel!

Davida - if you want to start a new discussion, go right ahead and start it. No need to ask anyone else to do it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 03 Feb 2012, 04:23

Katiedot,
You know that I do not have the technical expertise that you and the others do; starting a new thread is beyond my capabilities at this point. I have to limit myself to relaying jokes in the "general section" and to expressing my deep love for Eins Clooney (LOL).
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 03 Feb 2012, 04:32

There's absolutely ZERO technical expertise needed to post a new thread. Anyone can do it. Give it a go while I'm online so I can help you out if you get into any difficulties.

Just scroll to the top of this page and click on the button that says 'New Topic'. That's all you have to.

The only thing I would ask is for you to pay attention to which forum you're creating a new thread in and also that you give your thread a title that makes it easy for everyone to know what it's about.

Here's a picture of the button which you need to click on. It's right about It's Me's first post on this page:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Feb 2012, 21:11

look look look
here there are the 'power' button! Razz

near the edit button!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 04 Feb 2012, 00:07

Anxala wrote:
davidarochelle wrote:Having gone on countless blind dates for very expensive dinners in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, I have learned that the more successful the man and the better looking, the more likely he is to feel comfortable with me, and to ask me out again. I have always attracted more than my share of attention; I really don't understand why that is. Less accomplished men claim that I intimidate them, and they dislike the "limelight" that is a part of my life. Better to date a man that won't pick on me for naturally standing out.

Perhaps the greatest connector is that we both saw each other as a very, very hot and intense way to relieve stress as well as to connect on all levels.

Above is so funny on so many levels. I've highlighted the bits that were particularly amusing although the subtext is equally amusing.

Thanks for the (unintentional) laugh.
I don't "jump in" and read every thread as soon as they are posted, decided to read this one and maybe its just me, but Anxaia, your post seemed harsh. Words are flat and that's the way it came across to me. Sorry in advance if I mis-read your meaning.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 04 Feb 2012, 00:43

Sisieq,
Thanks for your support as I did not understand what Anxaia meant. I guess that I am very used to being dissed by other girls. I compete with only myself, not others. But I am ALWAYS the first person on the dance floor, even if I have to dance alone. Any movie set that I'm on, somehow the director always knows my name. I sincerely regret that many men feel intimidated by me. I have learned that I cannot change who I am, and "standing out" is part of my nature. As an actor friend with major principal credits once told me, "You stand out. You always have. You always will. There is nothing you can do about it. So accept it, and choose men who are comfortable with that fact. That means very successful and accomplished and intelligent men." So if I was in my 30's I would not date G because he would end up playing 2nd fiddle, especially in pap interviews. I could not just stand there and smile if he ever gave inadequate responses.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by GalaxyLover Wed 08 Feb 2012, 21:31

No I wouldn't date George if I were 32 or 42 or 52 or ever. I couldn't stand all the attention it would bring. I'm opposite to Sisieq I don't like or want to attract unwanted attention.
GalaxyLover
GalaxyLover
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 08 Feb 2012, 21:41

GalaxyLover,
That's what makes the world go 'round. I've always been "center stage," whether I want to or not. I have never been too shy to be onstage, or give original answers to reporter's questions. It is hard when you receive so much flak and negativity when you're just trying to entertain or amuse others.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by GalaxyLover Wed 08 Feb 2012, 21:46

Ignore the negative remarks davidarochelle and have fun. I envy you, I've always been a wallflower and probably won't change now Embarassed

Last edited by GalaxyLover on Wed 08 Feb 2012, 21:48; edited 1 time in total
GalaxyLover
GalaxyLover
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Wed 08 Feb 2012, 21:46

Hi GalaxyLover, I think you have posters mixed up. It's Davida who attracts attention as per her post above . Question

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by GalaxyLover Wed 08 Feb 2012, 21:50

zizi wrote:Hi GalaxyLover, I think you have posters mixed up. It's Davida who attracts attention as per her post above . Question

No I didn't mix them up. Please re-read my post Smile
GalaxyLover
GalaxyLover
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 08 Feb 2012, 22:02

GalaxyLover,
I've been in front of large audiences since I was born. My mother was the opposite of a "stage mom" and used to call me her "alien child." Initially the very positive reaction I got from everybody else gave me confidence. I feel more comfortable cracking jokes and entertaining in front of a camera than I do one-on-one. Just got a SAG audition for Mon. The casting assistant thinks I have guts. I told them I was over-21 and under 79.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 09 Feb 2012, 00:24

GalaxyLover wrote:
zizi wrote:Hi GalaxyLover, I think you have posters mixed up. It's Davida who attracts attention as per her post above . Question

No I didn't mix them up. Please re-read my post Smile
LOL, well I'm confused -

by GalaxyLover Today at 1:31 pm

No I wouldn't date George if I were 32 or 42 or 52 or ever. I couldn't stand all the attention it would bring. I'm opposite to Sisieq I don't like or want to attract unwanted attention.
What did I say?

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 09 Feb 2012, 01:48

I thought it was kind of strange too, Sisieq. GalaxyLover just registered today. I don't think she knows you well enough so don't let it bother you! Hug1
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 09 Feb 2012, 04:24

Must of missed something cause I don't get it either!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 09 Feb 2012, 05:06

It's always nice to start off on the right foot.....don't worry about it Sisie they don't know you.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by GalaxyLover Thu 09 Feb 2012, 16:06

Sorry for the confusion, all I meant was I'm very shy unlike Sisieq and Davida.....maybe it's best if I leave this thread alone. No offense meant to anyone. Lost in web translation or maybe newbie nerves............. pale
GalaxyLover
GalaxyLover
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:12

Don't worry about it GL we all type words that at times are misinterpreted.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 09 Feb 2012, 19:39

Isn't that the truth! It's hard to convey what we really mean on a forum. Sometimes you need to use your hands and body language...
No foul, no harm is what I say! Cheers!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 09 Feb 2012, 20:03

It would be hard to date George, since he is so famous, no matter what age you are. You will always be known as "George Clooney's girlfriend."
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 10 Feb 2012, 20:27

GalaxyLover wrote:Sorry for the confusion, all I meant was I'm very shy unlike Sisieq and Davida.....maybe it's best if I leave this thread alone. No offense meant to anyone. Lost in web translation or maybe newbie nerves............. pale
LOL, understand now. No offense taken. Don't be shy, feel free to express an opinion/thought/etc when the mood hits you and in any thread. Hope you stick around. Very Happy

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 11 Feb 2012, 03:16

GalaxyLover,
I hope you stay too. I like your comments. And I had such trouble when I first started posting on COH, since this is my first blog. It just takes time, then one day we'll both be experts.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 11 Feb 2012, 22:16

MM wrote:It would be hard to date George, since he is so famous, no matter what age you are. You will always be known as "George Clooney's girlfriend."

is it an offence?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 11 Feb 2012, 22:43

Possibly... if that's all you're ever known for. scratch
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 11 Feb 2012, 23:54

oh
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 12 Feb 2012, 00:12

If more of G's girls had talent or smarts, they could use his association and lifelong pap attention to be successful in the entertainment industry or to run a charity, or even to have a solid sales career. First you must make the public love you for your personality, good works, or personal achievements. Look at competition shows like "American Idol." It takes more than being a good singer to get people to support you. One must be marketed correctly. Otherwise you will be looked down upon for ONLY being one of many G's girls, who some feel squandered a golden opportunity. Look how many top 10 "American Idol" singers hit the dust despite guidance.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sun 12 Feb 2012, 01:02

davidarochelle wrote:If more of G's girls had talent or smarts, they could use his association and lifelong pap attention to be successful in the entertainment industry or to run a charity, or even to have a solid sales career.
I respectfully disagree. That is exactly what they do, USE him. That's why some of us make the comments that we do. If they had talent or smarts, they would make it on their own prior to dating him. IMVHO!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 12 Feb 2012, 01:18

It takes more than talent and smarts to have a successful career, especially in entertainment. It takes CONNECTIONS and access to those in power. Also knowledge in how to "work the system." But I agree that most of G's girls appear to USE him. I don't see the CARE, concern, or even much affection that I would expect in even a true friendship. I have a new platonic male roommate whose personality is exactly like G's. Being Southerners they have many of the same views. I ALWAYS compliment him publicly and show how appreciative I am in so many different ways. Even if G is aware that his girls use him, it still makes him look VERY bad IMHO.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 01:23

@Davidarochelle That's amazing! You're dating a man that reminds you of George and now you have a new platonic male roommate whose personality is exactly like George's... Man... I haven't seen one person that reminds me of George in my whole life... You must be luck!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 12 Feb 2012, 01:44

Cinderella,
Yes and my roommate is also VERY good looking and well-built like G. He is a professional magician and actor. Both men (I'll call them J; they have the same name) possess the same deprecating sense of humor, think farts are funny rather than embarrassing, are very smart and helpful and give great guidance. The 2 J's are very charming and chivalrous with both me and other ladies, but revert to more typical male behavior when with their friends. Both are great at decorating AND fixing their cars. Both also think G would be a great guy to join for a beer.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sun 12 Feb 2012, 02:18

You are very observant Cinderella Wink
Yep, none of us are as lucky as Davida. Sad

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 02:35

Cinderella wrote:Possibly... if that's all you're ever known for. scratch
It'd be more than I'm known for now!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 12 Feb 2012, 04:02

Zizi,
Thank you. As I said, I stand out. I have had friends that are models (series of ad campaigns for Armani cologne, several top Playgirl models), Matt Damon look-alike, but character matters more (and sensitive eyes).
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 12 Feb 2012, 04:16

I'd be more than happy to be known as George Clooney's girlfriend, I wouldn't see it as an insult at all. But then again I have no aspirations to become a model or actress and would be with him because he seems like a great guy, he's funny, and is damn sexy. I wonder if there is a wait list or some kind of application process to be the next one??? Very Happy Sign me up.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 12 Feb 2012, 13:17

melbert wrote:
Cinderella wrote:Possibly... if that's all you're ever known for. scratch
It'd be more than I'm known for now!!!!

Me too, Melbert! And notice the "possibly" and my scratching the head! lol!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 13:52

The next mrs clooney wrote:I'd be more than happy to be known as George Clooney's girlfriend, I wouldn't see it as an insult at all. But then again I have no aspirations to become a model or actress and would be with him because he seems like a great guy, he's funny, and is damn sexy. I wonder if there is a wait list or some kind of application process to be the next one??? Very Happy Sign me up.

me2!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 12 Feb 2012, 15:39

davidarochelle wrote:Sisieq,
Thanks for your support as I did not understand what Anxaia meant. I guess that I am very used to being dissed by other girls. I compete with only myself, not others. But I am ALWAYS the first person on the dance floor, even if I have to dance alone. Any movie set that I'm on, somehow the director always knows my name. I sincerely regret that many men feel intimidated by me. I have learned that I cannot change who I am, and "standing out" is part of my nature. As an actor friend with major principal credits once told me, "You stand out. You always have. You always will. There is nothing you can do about it. So accept it, and choose men who are comfortable with that fact. That means very successful and accomplished and intelligent men." So if I was in my 30's I would not date G because he would end up playing 2nd fiddle, especially in pap interviews. I could not just stand there and smile if he ever gave inadequate responses.

Isn't George a successful and accomplished and intelligent man?? R u saying that he couldn't handle you and you would take the limelight away from him??
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 15:52

hope no
it's impossible, IMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 12 Feb 2012, 18:04

the next mrs clooney,
No. It's just that it would be hard for me to keep quiet if he stumbles in an interview. And others would claim that "I was trying to steal his spotlight," by not always being passive.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 12 Feb 2012, 18:43

davidarochelle wrote:the next mrs clooney,
No. It's just that it would be hard for me to keep quiet if he stumbles in an interview. And others would claim that "I was trying to steal his spotlight," by not always being passive.

There are many that say that about SK, so don't let it hold you back, just know that I am next in line Lots of happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 18:49

oh, really? Oi, you! after me, baby
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 12 Feb 2012, 19:38

and you're ALL after me...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Feb 2012, 23:17

oh
wt...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:35

Well if you're known for nothing and suddenly you're known for something, does it matter? What does it matter? All that matters is the bliss. Very Happy
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:48

You're right JoanieJD. It doesn't matter one whit.

Whoever George dates will be thrown into the spotlight, whether she wants it or no.

It's just harder for us to watch when he's dating women trying to be famous because they'll push that promotion so much further - as indeed they should because this is their big chance.

George Clooney's love life has given me a real learning experience in fame and what people have to do nowadays to become famous.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next