George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 8 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 8 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 8 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 8 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 8 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

+69
chiki
mosaic
francis100
What Would He Say
Juliette Hardy
Carla97
Nicky80
minette
Mary-Lou
very vera
Dior
Picachu
pizza
ktsue2002
TURIGOL
aflower1325
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
Barbara Garabedian
fava
theminis
cupcake
NotAvailable
Mazy
pattygirl
laetval
Pink Ice 1990
Cyteen
playfuldeb
flyingsolo
A(CUTE)-CASE-CLOONEYITIS
OofOof
amaretti
tzizz
Best in Category
Vi
cindigirl
Way2Old4Dis
party animal - not!
Lighterside
Lakin460
Ello
davidarochelle
bamboochacha
adgran
LornaDoone
lelacorb
Sirius12
watching
fluffy
Michelle meyers
macs
Cinderella
Natascha
alriv
zizi
lucy
silly girl
Maggy
Missa
Atalante
Duffy
melbert
it's me
Katiedot
Joanna
dakota007
73 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 8 Empty Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by Lighterside Sat 09 Mar 2013, 15:56

OofOof wrote:I'm not SET on him starting Tomorrowland after MM Lighter, in all the articles about Tomorrowland, they indicate that is the case and several of the people on this thread kept bringing it up. Others kept asking so I was simply suggesting that perhaps he could do both. Sorry if it seemed to irritate you Lighter!

I have no idea why you would think it irritated me...nothing I said indicated "irritation". It was a simple question or aren't those allowed here anymore? I inquired because I've yet to see a "start date" stated anywhere, that's all!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 8 Empty Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by OofOof Sat 09 Mar 2013, 17:18

Every comment of yours on this site is argumentative, quite frankly. If you were only asking, perhaps you should have phrased it in that way. And, every time someone disagrees with you, you attack them and respond as though you are a victim. If I misunderstood your tone, my apologies, but I dont appreciate the constant lectures.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 09 Mar 2013, 17:45

It was a simple question, not a lecture and I can't remember the last time I directed a comment or a question to you, but I'll keep in mind that any questions I have are more explicit or precise in the future, should the need arise. I thought perhaps you saw a date somewhere that I didn't see....my bad!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 09 Mar 2013, 18:09

Lighterside wrote:
OofOof wrote:Maybe Grant is taking on editing for MM, leaving George time to do the Tomorrowland movie? They're partners so would make sense. No?

Why are you so set on the fact that Tomorrowland will commence immediately following MM? There hasn't been any indication that that is the case, no schedule for Tomorrowland has been announced yet.

by OofOof on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 am

If you were only asking, perhaps you should have phrased it in that way. And, every time someone disagrees with you, you attack them and respond as though you are a victim.

And just to set the record straight....if I'm not much mistaken the question mark at the end of my sentence should have indicated to you that it was a "question"...I don't know how else I should have "phrased it"...or perhaps it's you who is looking to disagree and are attacking and therefore appearing to be the victim? I used the word "set" as you repeated yourself twice about it following immediately after MM was finished. It seemed to me at the time that you had information in addition to what had been previously posted here and that's why I inquired...nothing more than that.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 09 Mar 2013, 18:15

I saw on the Tomorrowland thread that the release date is December 19, 2014. So, I imagine that George will probably edit MM this summer in Como, do his festivals this fall for Gravity, Osage County and MM, have their premieres in November and December, attend any awards shows that he is required to (nominations anyone?) and THEN start filming Tomorrowland in early Spring 2014?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 09 Mar 2013, 18:30

Frankly, why I'm engaging you is beyond me. I'm actually not generally an argumentative person; very agreeable in fact. And I have never picked a fight with you as I found many of your comments, especially in the political threads to be of interest. Maybe I'm overly sensitive but when the phrase "why are you so set" is used, it's generally considered not to be a question but a rather irritable way of disagreeing. I responded to Watching's innocent question of how he could edit MM if filming for Tomorrowland begins in July. I responded once in what I thought was simply a very benign way. And yes, on the threads about Tomorrowland it does state that filming starts in July.

But that aside, why are we arguing over such a ridiculous thing? I would normally just do what i do when I see one of your more argumentative sounding posts and move on because I come here for pure entertainment. That's all. But, whether you mean it or not, sometimes your tone reminds me of my old catechism teacher and I don't appreciate being lectured to. And, as I had already read your lecture of BIC on another thread where you accused her of having aliases to spread her views all over the web, frankly, I was sick to death of what seems to me to be an argumentative tone.

But as I said, I won't bother you again. I've got more than enough going on in my private life that is difficult and upsetting without dealing with a bully online.

OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 09 Mar 2013, 19:05

And yes, on the threads about Tomorrowland it does state that filming starts in July.

Thank you as that is the answer that I was looking for in the first place. I missed that thread apparently. That's all you had to say and I'm sorry for the fall out but everything after that has little to do with what I posted and it seems more that personally you have a problem with me...not my initial question.

I don't sugar coat my posts usually and I'm sure that has ruffled a few feathers but so be it.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 09 Mar 2013, 19:37

melbert wrote:I saw on the Tomorrowland thread that the release date is December 19, 2014. So, I imagine that George will probably edit MM this summer in Como, do his festivals this fall for Gravity, Osage County and MM, have their premieres in November and December, attend any awards shows that he is required to (nominations anyone?) and THEN start filming Tomorrowland in early Spring 2014?

Mel, I don't know how I missed your post but thank you! I thought that was what I had read as far as a release date but nothing about when photography was set to begin. I'm guessing Spring of 2014 sounds about right...after awards and with plenty of time for filming, editing and promoting at year end. Busy bee!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 10 Mar 2013, 00:00

Article is dated 9 March but don't know how accurate it is.

Daniel Craig joins the cast of George Clooney-helmed project

Actor News - 09-03-13

007 star Daniel Craig has been reported to have joined the cast of George Clooney's new directorial project, alongside Bill Murray and Cate Blanchett.

The new film, dubbed "Monuments Men", is a period drama set during the final throws of Nazi bid for power during World War II with a screenplay co-written by Clooney and Grant Heslov.

Shooting is said to commence this month, throughout Europe, and calls on a number of the same crew-members that made "Argo" a success, including composer Alexander Desplat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 10 Mar 2013, 00:05

yay! (If it's true!)

Oh, not to go too much off topic but did y'all see Enty Lawyer's blind item reveal today about Daniel Craig and Rachel? Why do women marry men who they feel are not their intellectual equals?

Anyway, back on topic - I sure hope he's joined the cast. Will broaden the film's appeal even more so!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Sun 10 Mar 2013, 11:34

Hello I went to the casting call here in Goslar (the Mounument Men) by George Clooney. Here is a video because you can see me at 1:15 min Love3
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Sun 10 Mar 2013, 11:36

pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:19

@Jonna>>>>Joanna yes I was yesterday at the casting in Germany-GOSLAR-it gives it to a video and I'm going to see on the video. Wink

AND A FOTO >>>>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 10 Mar 2013, 15:38

[quote="LornaDoone"]yay! (If it's true!)

Oh, not to go too much off topic but did y'all see Enty Lawyer's blind item reveal today about Daniel Craig and Rachel? Why do women marry men who they feel are not their intellectual equals?

It's British humour....that's all.
It fools a lot of people !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:02

Hollywood star George Clooney has filmed in Berlin at the Wannsee

Shuttle buses shuttled.
Potsdam / Berlin - Something's going on in the forests of Moor Lake Wannsee. George Clooney will be on site for his new movie "The Monuments Men" turn. In the wake of not only 350 extras - including the complete roster of Hollywood Matt Damon to Cate Blanchett to be on set. On the menu: allegedly shredded turkey.

The three of us are on our way, disguised as walkers we sneak on the first sentry over right behind the Glienicke Bridge. We do not run until we know what's going on: links around here for the "base unit", right around the movie set. Shuttle buses with tinted windows roar past us. But no sign of George and the others. We switched to guerrilla mode, divide us. The cameras at the ready.

Dozens of vans with film equipment line the paths, lined in front of the log cabin Nikolskoe to each other, the food stalls. It's full of technicians, roadies and security guards. From the walkie-talkies it sounds English. Apparently we are the only ones without a backstage pass around his neck, invaders. But nobody's stopping us. Still no sign of George.

Our "walk" to the set ends abruptly at a two-times-two-meter man in security uniform. "Locked", the giant humming through his beard. "What happens here", we ask so naive as possible. "Filming." Aha. "And what is rotated?" "Crime scene". "Some of the new Til Schweiger?" "No, but the plays in Hamburg."

But as soon we are not beaten, first make a bow. From afar, we reach the military trucks in World War camouflage. George can not be far. We walk down a piece of the road, past more vans. A scrap of paper on a crate material punishes the giant lies: "Monuments Men". Now we have tasted blood.

A furtive glance over his shoulder, then we beat ourselves up the hill into the woods. Snow in the boots. But we're almost there. A tube made of black plastic, in the woods. From slots penetrates haze and lies down on the ground. Just a few meters further on we see marching in uniform. A megaphone spits commands via the set. George, is that you?

Maybe, but before we can find out the presents, already the next giant in the way, "What do we do now with the camera," asks the uniform emphasizes friendly. Flit would be an option, would not only the socks so wet. We remain diplomatically - and pull us back Sincerely. Where's George, if you even need it?

Meanwhile, at the "base unit", also known as a pub Moorlake. At the entrance there is a sign from the visitors. Closed for filming. "We are starting on Wednesday again for you" is, in chalk on the sign.

The deputy managing director Petra Jaeger will not talk about it, who was there, who is yet how much money the filmmakers pay for the reserved tables. "I promised that I will not say anything," said Jaeger. Therefore Jaeger says a lot and nothing. She likes to talk about her restaurant, the cat food that she prepares for the animals outside. But she does not talk about George, or anybody else about Matt. Behind barbed wire fences, which are masked with opaque film, the film crew has set up a small camp. White Trailer standing there. Now and then a black minibus runs into the camp, usually only the driver is at the wheel. Inside, it looks deserted. No George, no Cate, no glamor. Snow and vices - and nothing else. A security guard - dressed in black, booming voice - send away curious visitors. In English. "No picture," he shouts, and then immediately afterwards. "No pictures, no one is there anyway." Are all well on the set. (By Martin cooper, Sofia Dreisbach and Christian Meyer)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:05

Good find laetval.....very funny read !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:37

That would make a good movie itself! Tracking down George!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 13 Mar 2013, 20:53

Thanks Henway for the find:

Newcomer Dimitri Leonidas Rounds Out Cast of ‘Monuments Men’

After assembling a stellar ensemble cast, George Clooney has brought on newcomer Dimitri Leonidas to round out the cast of WWII heist pic “The Monuments Men.”

The cast already includes Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman and Cate Blanchett with Clooney directing.

Based on the Robert Edsel book, it’s the true story of a WWII platoon tasked by FDR with rescuing artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves in Germany and returning them to their rightful owners.

The film is a co-production between Sony and Fox for which Clooney and his producing partner, Grant Heslov, penned the script.

Clooney and Heslov are producing through their Smokehouse Productions banner. Barbara A. Hall is executive producer.

The Independent Talent Group-repped Leonidas is best known for his role in “Centurion,” starring Michael Fassbender, and was most recently seen in the indie “Animals.”

I think he will be playing this person:

Private Harry Ettlinger, U.S. Seventh Army
Age: 18. Born: Karlsruhe, Germany (immigrated to Newark, New Jersey).

A German Jew, Ettlinger fled Nazi persecution in 1938 with his family. Drafted by the army after graduating from high school in Newark in 1944, Private Ettlinger spent much of his tour of duty lost in the army bureaucracy before finally finding his niche in early May 1945.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Mar 2013, 21:31

Yep, SG. This is the one casting decision I've been waiting for. Wondered about Daniel Radcliffe, but mucho pennies and probably not available I suspect

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Fri 15 Mar 2013, 09:01

as much as IMDB can be trusted anyway, there is also on the IMDB cast's list a Xavier Laurent, reportedly playing a "french armed man (resistant)". No idea who he is or how big the part is (I'm thinking small but this someone is seizing the opportunity here).

Bob Balaban is also listed... I guess he could play this guy :

Major Ronald Edmund Balfour, First Canadian Army

Yet I suppose it's too early to guess the cast (according to articles Craig is still attached, Damon is here sometimes with/sometimes replacing him, ...)
It does seems also that they made up some characters when they adapted the book (that's only fair) so not everyone is going to be someone from the book I guess
Party : part of me is glad that he didn't go for Radcliffe. After all he already has a star-studded cast, yet having every big name around doesn't make a good movie ; )
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:59

I wonder if Hugh Bonneville is playing Balfour (Brit and all that). Balaban not sure about - French or German maybe.

Vaguely remember Dimitri - as a little lad waiting for his big sister at a local dancing school. Must be amazing for him!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sat 16 Mar 2013, 02:08

remember pigeons poop on monuments

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 18 Mar 2013, 21:45

Link courtesy of les frenchies....

The Monuments Men has a happy sequel !

France to return seven paintings stolen by Nazis
Handover forms part of renewed attempt by France to return looted or misappropriated artworks to rightful Jewish owners

Kim Willsher in Paris
guardian.co.uk, Monday 18 March 2013 13.38 GMT

A detail from La Tentation de Saint Antoine, which France will return to its rightful owner. The painting, by Sebastien Ricci, had been on display at the Louvre museum in Paris. Photograph: Jacques Brinon/AP
France is to return seven paintings stolen, or appropriated under pressure by the Nazis, from their Jewish owners in the 1930s to their families on Tuesday.

The paintings were destined to be displayed in an art gallery Adolf Hitler planned to build in Austria, where he grew up. Four of the works have been hanging in the Louvre in Paris.

The official handover is part of a renewed effort by the French government to return looted or misappropriated artworks to their rightful owners.

Between 1933 and 1945, the Nazis purloined about 100,000 paintings, sculptures and other valuable objects in Jewish private collections in Europe. Some were stolen, others were sold under pressure, often to fund an escape from German occupation and the death camps.

France will also return the Miracle de la Saint Eloi by Gaetano Gandolfi San Matteo della Decima. Photograph: Jacques Brinon/AP
At the end of the second world war, much of this was found; France received 65,000 artefacts, of which almost three-quarters were returned to their owners.

The story of how the looted works were tracked down will be the plot of a forthcoming Hollywood film, directed by and starring George Clooney, called The Monuments Men.

Of the works that remained, 2,140 of the most valuable were sent to French museums across the country.

Six of the seven works being handed back belonged to Robert Neumann, an Austrian Jew who fled to France and then Cuba, selling some of his collection to fund his escape. The paintings will be given to Neumann's grandson, Tom Selldorff, 82, who lives in the US.

The seventh work, by the German painter Pieter-Jansz van Asch, belonged to Josef Wiener, a Prague Jew who died in a German concentration camp, and whose collection was sold by the Nazis in 1941.

The French culture minister, Aurélie Filippetti, said she wanted to introduce a "proactive search" to find the owners of the despoiled artworks. "It's as much a moral issue as a scientific one," she told Le Figaro.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Mon 18 Mar 2013, 23:29

@Missa>>>>What book is that????
Is this the book of the film, "The Monument´s Men"???? oopsie
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 19 Mar 2013, 00:27

Pizza/Vera: I've moved your private conversation to the off-topic thread here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 19 Mar 2013, 16:09

They are doing indoor scenes because the weather is bad. Wish I could find a different article and translation. This one says he has a cold.

Winter weather puts George Clooney to double
19.03.2013, 16:26 clock | dpa

George Clooney has a cold. (Source: AP)

Potsdam (AP) - Oscar-winner George Clooney (51) gets the winter weather currently felt twice.

Private troubling him a cold, his filming of "The Monuments Men" at Babelsberg near Berlin had to be moved into the studios.

"Was actually planned to shoot outdoors. Due to the winter weather, we have preferred to indoor scenes," studio spokesman Eike Wolf said Tuesday. Delays were therefore not come because production generally flexibly react to the weather. Clooney also rhinitis have no effect on the rotation.

The Hollywood star is director of the strip, and also plays the main role. With him many well-known colleagues in Babelsberg on camera - so friend Matt Damon (42), Cate Blanchett (43, "The Aviator") and Bill Murray (62, "Lost in Translation").

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 19 Mar 2013, 23:30

I also saw articles about August being the starting month for Tomorrowland. I can't find them at the moment, but if you do a search on Tomorrowland, you will no doubt find them. I know its been said he will start filming Tomorrowland soon after finishing MM. This summer will be very busy. I think he has to turn over the editing to others, this time around, and you can be sure it will be his most trusted friends who do it for him. But for some reason other ppl like to have plenty of editing time for their work, when filming. We see ppl like George rushing to time the events of film production to fit timely slots each year. For the award seasons they catch, no doubt.

This is a very important time in George's life. Never before has he been so close to the biggest rewards of his career. The recognition he has vetted for a long time. His career has reached a pinnacle in which his peers are beginning to take note. Its about time too. He has been in so many films. And many of them were very well done, despite box office events. Box office success(or lack of) does not always speak of the true experience of the film. Or the great ability of its actors. We see George doing everything in his power to create them, and box office returns do not always show what he put into it. But we see. We are the ones who go with him and sink with him when he feels as if he has failed. We are his audience. Its too bad we could not decide for him, which awards he would receive. But its his peers, like experienced as he, who praise him or not.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 19 Mar 2013, 23:39

Busy bunnies! Bob Balaban's twitter reveals that he's left NYC for Las Vegas to do some commercials, and then back to Berlin for MM!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Wed 20 Mar 2013, 01:53

Now with the discussion about editing (when he's gonna do it and who's gonna do it) I got curious and did some research : his film editor on Confessions, GNGL, Leatherheads and Ides is Stephen Mirrione (didn't know that, now I've learned something!), who has also worked with Steven Soderberg (Oceans movies, contagion...), and particularly wining the academy award for film editing for Traffic ! So they're old pals. Hope he'll turn to him again ; !
macs
macs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary-Lou Wed 20 Mar 2013, 20:08

Deleted by theminis - multiple usernames
Mary-Lou
Mary-Lou
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary-Lou Wed 20 Mar 2013, 20:10

Mary-Lou
Mary-Lou
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary-Lou Wed 20 Mar 2013, 20:16

Mary-Lou
Mary-Lou
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 20 Mar 2013, 23:21

Here some photos on the set: Cate Blanchett looks like Rose Valland.

They mention this guy Justus von Dohnanyi who is a German actor. I wish they would update IMDB so we would know who is playing who.

Last edited by silly girl on Wed 20 Mar 2013, 23:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional thoughts)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 21 Mar 2013, 00:20

Stacy there too at
Palais Am Festungsgraben. Berlin, Germany - 20.03.2013

Last edited by Joanna on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 00:25; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 21 Mar 2013, 00:23

This is getting more and more fascinating........the building could be French, and I think that Rose Valland remained in Paris for most of the time, so this could be the Jeu de Parme set. Beautifu place.

The guy in the blue uniform is surely the actor playing Goebbels. Funny, I thought Goodman might be doing that,

Going to have to go and look at the book again

I see Ms Kiebler's helping out........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 21 Mar 2013, 00:26

It looks b.......cold !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 21 Mar 2013, 00:32

And we thought GB was bleak at the mo!

Just googled the Palais - lunch, dinner, functions, everything.......wonderful interiors.......could one of those shots be Hugh Bonneville? Maybe not, someone involved in the French part of MM I think

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 21 Mar 2013, 00:35

Thanks Silly Girl! Interesting pics. It does look FREEZING! Cate Blanchett is one of those people who can change her appearance with every role. She is gorgeous no matter how hard she tries to make herself look plain!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 22 Mar 2013, 00:21

Translate from link below:

Here is the winter for Clooney weggeschippt

NO, it is not even hot George Clooney (51) that he the snow to melt in our city! The four had to get temporary workers, because on Wednesday when he was turning a summer scene (!) Announced, in the Star-band should create Mr. Sexy sculptures and paintings at the palace moat.

Clooney Berlin blockbuster "The Monument's Men" is about the hunt for art that the Nazis looted from occupied Europe, in order to make way for a museum to the Reich. Elite soldier Matt Damon tries, with the help of others Save Cate Blanchett, who works for posterity.

But even the hardest Hollywood hero has no chance against the evil White. Move up at seven in the morning he had a wheelbarrow special unit, the scenes on command predisposed to internal rotation, in the rooms of the palace behind the old guard. Time is money, and Clooney's big screen will cost one million euros per day of shooting!

Even the day of filming on Thursday is in danger. After eight and a half hours at 15.30 clock shoveling snow came the next shock - according to the weather it was snowing again at night. The Winter Wegmacher appeared resigned to retreat.

Was also really too optimistic to put the summer scene on the March day that operates in the calendar as the beginning of spring. As filmmakers, our mustache-darling is just a beginner.

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by minette Fri 22 Mar 2013, 00:34

Joanna wrote:It looks b.......cold !
It's not that cold. It snows a lot, but during the day it is above 0 and night time slightly below. There is more snow to come and towards the weekend it will get cooler, but also the sun is supposedly coming back.

minette
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 22 Mar 2013, 05:50

will cost one million euros per day of shooting!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by . Fri 22 Mar 2013, 08:50

more photo (very small)

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 22 Mar 2013, 17:33

From an Austrian Site:

Hollywood-Schauspieler George Clooney wird bei den Dreharbeiten zu seinem Film "Monuments Men" doch nicht wie geplant nach Altaussee in Österreich kommen. Die betrffende Szene wird nun im Studio in Potsdam gedreht.

Hollywood-Schauspieler George Clooney wird bei den Dreharbeiten zu seinem Film "Monuments Men" doch nicht wie geplant nach Altaussee in Österreich kommen. Die betreffenden Szenen der dramatischen Rettung der von den Nationalsozialisten geraubten und verschleppten Kunstwerke gegen Ende des Zweiten Weltkriegs werden ausschließlich im Studio Babelsberg in Potsdam gedreht. Das wurde am Rande einer Pressekonferenz in Berlin bekannt. Das als Grundlage des Films dienende Buch schrieb der Amerikaner Robert M. Edsel. Er stellte sich Mittwoch in Berlin den Fragen von Journalisten.

Österreich und das Salzbergwerk in Altaussee spielen eine große Rolle in dieser Kunstraubgeschichte und in dem Buch. Auch im gleichnamigen Film, der mit George Clooney gedreht wird. Allerdings wird keine einzige Szene an den österreichischen Originalschauplätzen gedreht, wie Eike Wolf vom Studio Babelsberg auf Anfrage der APA bestätigte. Anfangs sei erwogen worden, auch in Altaussee zu drehen, doch dann habe man sich dazu entschlossen, die entsprechenden Schauplätze in Babelsberg nachzubauen: "Alle diese Szenen werden in unseren Studios nachgestellt." Der US-Kinostart ist für 18. Dezember geplant, kurz danach soll der Film auch in Europa starten.

[i]Hollywood actor George Clooney is on the set of his film "Monuments Men," but is not coming to Altaussee in Austria as planned. The scene is now going to be shot in the studio in Potsdam.

Hollywood actor George Clooney is on the set of his film "Monuments Men," but will not come to Altaussee in Austria as planned. The scenes will be filmed entirely in Studio Babelsberg in Potsdam. This was announced at a press conference in Berlin.

Austria and the salt mine in Altaussee play a large role in this story and art theft in the book. However, not a single scene is going to be shot in Austria on location, as confirmed by Eike Wolf Studio Babelsberg on request of the APA. Initially they were intending to film in Altaussee, but then decided to recreate the corresponding venues in Babelsberg: "All of these scenes are recreated in our studios." The U.S. release date is for 18 Scheduled December, shortly after that, the movie also start in Europe.

OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 22 Mar 2013, 19:46

Did someone in the know say that this weekend is a long bank holiday in Germany. I can't find anything about that on official sites.......but would filming at one million dollars or pounds a day, (and a bit of a deadline!) really stop?

I seem to remember people saying on the 'Ides' set that GC didn't believe in abandoning weekends, but I imagine if you have people like Cate Blanchett involved who might have other pressures, then flexibility might be the order of the day

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by . Fri 22 Mar 2013, 19:52

not this weekend but next weekend

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 22 Mar 2013, 20:00

Yep, Easter! Of course........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 22 Mar 2013, 22:10

Is it the weather that is keeping them from going to:
but will not come to Altaussee in Austria as planned
and are filming that part at the studio. This might be another thing that he has on his mind. God Bless. We just got another 13" inches of snow last night. I thought what we got last week was the end.

I guess it is hard now to give a long weather forcast for George to know what decissions to make. If he goest to those places and has bad weather; it's just more money being wasted.

George the next day you take off just go get drunk and forget the whole thing, just for the one day. My heart goes out to him.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 22 Mar 2013, 22:22

Yep.

I can see how Altausee could work from a studio, because most of what happens there is in a mine, but it'll be very interesting to see whether or how they feature Neuechswanstein. That would quite a challenge for the Studio!'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 22 Mar 2013, 22:27

Do you think they could get permission to film at Neuechswanstein? Although they could film outside shots and then do interiors at the studio. This is war time and things look rough. I too see them using a studio for the mines. The history of the salt mines was one of the more fascinating bits of history I read in the book. I love when a book gets me to look up more information. So much I hadn't known before.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 22 Mar 2013, 22:40

George the next day you take off just go get drunk and forget the whole thing, just for the one day.

he likes his job
with all problems to solve

no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next